Bad Movie Logo
"A website to the detriment of good film"
Custom Search
HOMEB-MOVIE REVIEWSREADER REVIEWSFORUMINTERVIEWSUPDATESABOUT
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
April 19, 2024, 05:14:00 AM
714232 Posts in 53092 Topics by 7736 Members
Latest Member: ShayneGree
Badmovies.org Forum  |  Movies  |  Press Releases and Film News  |  Godzilla (2014) Official Main Trailer « previous next »
Pages: 1 [2] 3 4
Author Topic: Godzilla (2014) Official Main Trailer  (Read 51111 times)
RCMerchant
Bela
B-Movie Kraken

"Charlie,we're in HELL!"-"yeah,ain't it groovy?!"

« Reply #15 on: March 29, 2014, 06:58:08 PM »

I'm really hyped to see this!!! I feel like a little girl!!! I LOVE that they are making one of the classic monsters who still looks like  the original! It's hard to redo Dracula without Lugosi -or even Lee,for that matter--Frankenstein was never the same without the flat head version. Godzilla-the USA version sucked-but I loved the new japanese versions-this looks like Godzilla-I am really-REALLY happy!!!!  hot

Funny you should mention Frankenstein's makeup..have you ever seen Frankenstein Conquers The World?  I loved the hybrid makeup they did on Koji Furuhata. It was aliving creature not born of the A-Bomb and on top of that, there was a great humanization of the creature.  I know it's off topic but I never pass up a chance to plug one of my favorite Toho movies!

Yes-I DID see FCtW-I loved it just because it was a Japanese monster movie-I also liked the nod to the Universal Monster in EVIL OF FRANKENSTEIN and the Don Megowan Frankenstein! in the 50's British TV version!He also had a flat head in HORROR OF FRANKENSTEIN.
I think they learned from the disaster that was the American remake-you cant f**k with Godzilla! He's gotta have the look-he's gotta have the VOICE!-the Godzilla screech!!! "ERRRAHHOW!"-and hes gotta have radioactive breath!!! I pray-PRAY! they have the music!

Great! FCTW was an unusual and very surreal film, with the mood set from the very beginning credits,  as the haunting Ifukube muisc played as the camera pans thru the lab. Makes me laugh though whrn Nick Adams character Dr. Bowen says that Frankenstein was "strictly Caucasian" when you can see that he's not, lol  And the scene with the horse as Baragon tore thru the countryside was really bad bu tthe rest of the film was tops.

WAR OF THE GARGANTUAS was kinda warped sequel.!
I love the Gargantu movie! Weird Kool-Aid colored monsters beating the s**t out of Tokyo.

and this!

Smile

The Words Get Stuck In My Throat Small | Large

"Supernatural?...perhaps. Baloney?...Perhaps not!" Bela Lugosi-the BLACK CAT (1934)
Interviewer-"Does Dracula ever end for you?
Lugosi-"No. Dracula-never ends."

Slobber, Drool, Drip!
https://www.tumblr.com/ronmerchant
RCMerchant
Bela
B-Movie Kraken

« Reply #16 on: March 29, 2014, 07:07:32 PM »

He kills her! Because her singing sucks,  Smile

"Supernatural?...perhaps. Baloney?...Perhaps not!" Bela Lugosi-the BLACK CAT (1934)

Slobber, Drool, Drip!
RCMerchant
Bela
B-Movie Kraken

« Reply #17 on: March 29, 2014, 07:14:45 PM »

I hope Godzila destroys the world-amd they bring back Ghihodra,and Mothra,and Rodan!!!!

Rodan is under rated.

Hes a billy bad ass!

Rodan (1956) - Trailer

Slobber, Drool, Drip!
LilCerberus
A Very Bad Person, overweight bald guy with a missing tooth, and
Frightening Fanatic of Horrible Cinema

Quis custodiet ipsos custodes?

« Reply #18 on: March 29, 2014, 07:22:48 PM »

I hope Godzila destroys the world-amd they bring back Ghihodra,and Mothra,and Rodan!!!!

Rodan is under rated.

Hes a billy bad ass!

Rodan (1956) - Trailer

Small | Large

"Science Fiction & Nostalgia have become the same thing!" - T Bone Burnett
The world runs off money, even for those with a warped sense of what the world is.
RCMerchant
Bela
B-Movie Kraken

« Reply #19 on: March 29, 2014, 07:44:22 PM »

Rodan is under rated.

Hes a billy bad ass!

Rodan (1956) - Trailer

http://youtu.be/eRmQp19Ga8U

WTF was that!

Groovy.

Slobber, Drool, Drip!
LilCerberus
A Very Bad Person, overweight bald guy with a missing tooth, and

Quis custodiet ipsos custodes?

« Reply #20 on: March 29, 2014, 07:50:11 PM »

Rodan is under rated.

Hes a billy bad ass!

Rodan (1956) - Trailer

http://youtu.be/eRmQp19Ga8U

WTF was that!

Groovy.

Badmovies + ADHD = you say Rodan, I think Mike Nesmith! BounceGiggle

"Science Fiction & Nostalgia have become the same thing!" - T Bone Burnett
The world runs off money, even for those with a warped sense of what the world is.
Umaril Has Returned
« Reply #21 on: March 30, 2014, 03:37:52 PM »

I'm really hyped to see this!!! I feel like a little girl!!! I LOVE that they are making one of the classic monsters who still looks like  the original! It's hard to redo Dracula without Lugosi -or even Lee,for that matter--Frankenstein was never the same without the flat head version. Godzilla-the USA version sucked-but I loved the new japanese versions-this looks like Godzilla-I am really-REALLY happy!!!!  hot

Funny you should mention Frankenstein's makeup..have you ever seen Frankenstein Conquers The World?  I loved the hybrid makeup they did on Koji Furuhata. It was aliving creature not born of the A-Bomb and on top of that, there was a great humanization of the creature.  I know it's off topic but I never pass up a chance to plug one of my favorite Toho movies!

Yes-I DID see FCtW-I loved it just because it was a Japanese monster movie-I also liked the nod to the Universal Monster in EVIL OF FRANKENSTEIN and the Don Megowan Frankenstein! in the 50's British TV version!He also had a flat head in HORROR OF FRANKENSTEIN.
I think they learned from the disaster that was the American remake-you cant f**k with Godzilla! He's gotta have the look-he's gotta have the VOICE!-the Godzilla screech!!! "ERRRAHHOW!"-and hes gotta have radioactive breath!!! I pray-PRAY! they have the music!

Great! FCTW was an unusual and very surreal film, with the mood set from the very beginning credits,  as the haunting Ifukube muisc played as the camera pans thru the lab. Makes me laugh though whrn Nick Adams character Dr. Bowen says that Frankenstein was "strictly Caucasian" when you can see that he's not, lol  And the scene with the horse as Baragon tore thru the countryside was really bad bu tthe rest of the film was tops.

WAR OF THE GARGANTUAS was kinda warped sequel.!
I love the Gargantu movie! Weird Kool-Aid colored monsters beating the s**t out of Tokyo.

and this!

Smile

The Words Get Stuck In My Throat

Yeah, I can't blame Gaira for attacking Kipp Hamilton with that voice of hers, lol

Withthe rest of WOTG, another stab at humanization of the creatures was the key..unlike Godzilla and crew, they were actually hurt by the military's weapons, and in the one scene, Gaira nearly dies, until Sanda shows up.

That's my fave part in the movie, where Sanda rescues Gaira as Ifukube's music graces the background. Very emotional. Then when Gaira roars in warning to the military, the music gets dark and forboding, and that whole scene wouldn't have been as powerful if Ifukube's music wasn't present.

As to the sequel part, many have debated whether or not Sanda was actually Frankenstein in his next evolutionary stage, or whether Frankenstein became Gaira, due to the end of FCTW with the Oodaku dragging Frankie into the ocean, never to be heard from again. 

Then you have the old fashioned acceptable movie explanation that it was Frankenstein's skin cells that gave birth to Sanda and Gaira. Either way, a very good movie that stands on it's own on many levels.
RCMerchant
Bela
B-Movie Kraken

« Reply #22 on: April 05, 2014, 03:54:47 PM »

Well-they had The Frankenstein Monster grow from the hand-so it's very possible the bits of the monster produced the Kool-Aid Kids.

Slobber, Drool, Drip!
Umaril Has Returned
« Reply #23 on: April 06, 2014, 02:14:30 PM »

Well-they had The Frankenstein Monster grow from the hand-so it's very possible the bits of the monster produced the Kool-Aid Kids.

The Kool-Aid Kids, haha!  BounceGiggle

Some other theories abound also: many believe Frankenstein became Sanda.
Remember that the heart of Frankenstein was immortal and may have forced Frankenstein into a second evolutionary stage after his fight with Baragon. He may have become comatose (instead of dying like everyone thought) and he may have been re-born as the infant Sanda, re-appeaaring after several years.

Sanda was friendly to the doctors and esp. Kumi Mizuno because of his memory of their friendship when he was Frankenstein, and lastly, the weakness in his one leg from where he was hit with a rockslide may have been from his injury in FCTW when he was hit with a car in the beginning as it never healed right and was susceptible to breakage.  not much to go on but some tantalizing reminders.

major jay

« Reply #24 on: April 29, 2014, 06:28:41 PM »

Man, this film keeps looking better and better. I don't think us old school fans are going to be disappointed this time.
Be warned there may be some spoilage in this trailer.

Godzilla - Asia Trailer [HD]
« Last Edit: April 29, 2014, 07:20:05 PM by major jay » Logged

VenomX73

« Reply #25 on: April 29, 2014, 07:02:29 PM »

OMG I cant wait - Rodan! - only 2 more weeks!

Let them fight.

Gilligan's island, Goonies and Godzilla information booth here!
indianasmith
Archeologist, Theologian, Elder Scrolls Addict, and a
B-Movie Kraken

A good bad movie is like popcorn for the soul!

« Reply #26 on: April 29, 2014, 07:09:18 PM »

Oh my . . . . I am IN!!!! IN, do you hear me!!!!!!!!!!! BounceGiggle BounceGiggle BounceGiggle BounceGiggle TeddyR Thumbup

"I shall smite you in the nostrils with a rod of iron, and wax your spleen with Efferdent!!"
Andrew
Administrator

I know where my towel is.

« Reply #27 on: April 30, 2014, 11:48:21 AM »

OMG I cant wait - Rodan! - only 2 more weeks!

Let them fight.

That trailer does pack a whole lot of awesome.  It's not Rodan, but a new monster in this film.  I like the design more than the last new monster we saw, which was Orga.  Better than Space Godzilla, Battra, or Megaguirus as well - though it might be close to being a rework of Megaguirus.

Andrew Borntreger
Badmovies.org
major jay

« Reply #28 on: April 30, 2014, 12:17:22 PM »

It's not Rodan, but a new monster in this film.

What's in a name? Rodan by any other name is still pretty f**kin' sweet.
« Last Edit: April 30, 2014, 12:25:28 PM by major jay » Logged

Andrew
Administrator

I know where my towel is.

« Reply #29 on: April 30, 2014, 03:30:29 PM »

It's not Rodan, but a new monster in this film.

What's in a name? Rodan by any other name is still pretty f**kin' sweet.

Muto.  

*****Possible spoiler ahead******

And the rumor is that there is that there are two of them, with the smaller one being the flying male.  Based on what I've read, I'm wondering if the Mutos are like cicada killer wasps, which would make Godzilla the cicada.  Granted, he would be the world's largest, most dangerous cicada ever.
« Last Edit: April 30, 2014, 03:35:17 PM by Andrew » Logged

Andrew Borntreger
Badmovies.org
Pages: 1 [2] 3 4
Badmovies.org Forum  |  Movies  |  Press Releases and Film News  |  Godzilla (2014) Official Main Trailer « previous next »
    Jump to:  

RSS Feed Subscribe Subscribe by RSS
    Email Subscribe Subscribe by Email

Popular Articles
    How To Find A Bad Movie

The Champions of Justice

Plan 9 from Outer Space

Manos, The Hands of Fate

Podcast: Todd the Convenience Store Clerk

Faster, Pussycat! Kill! Kill!

Dragonball: The Magic Begins

Cool As Ice

The Educational Archives: Driver's Ed

Godzilla vs. Monster Zero

Do you have a zombie plan?

FROM THE BADMOVIES.ORG ARCHIVES
    ImageThe Giant Claw - Slime drop

Earth is visited by a GIANT ANTIMATTER SPACE BUZZARD! Gawk at the amazingly bad bird puppet, or chuckle over the silly dialog. This is one of the greatest b-movies ever made.

Lesson Learned:
    • Osmosis: os·mo·sis (oz-mo'sis, os-) n., 1. When a bird eats something.

Subscribe to Badmovies.org and get updates by email:

HOME B-Movie Reviews Reader Reviews Forum Interviews TV Shows Advertising Information Sideshows Links Contact

Badmovies.org is owned and operated by Andrew Borntreger. All original content is © 1998 - 2014 by its respective author(s). Image, video, and audio files are used in accordance with the Fair Use Law, and are property of the film copyright holders. You may freely link to any page (.html or .php) on this website, but reproduction in any other form must be authorized by the copyright holder.