Bad Movie Logo
"A website to the detriment of good film"
Custom Search
HOMEB-MOVIE REVIEWSREADER REVIEWSFORUMINTERVIEWSUPDATESABOUT
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
April 23, 2024, 06:00:56 PM
714321 Posts in 53092 Topics by 7741 Members
Latest Member: SashaHilly
Badmovies.org Forum  |  Other Topics  |  Entertainment  |  ALL-TIME FAVORITE CHEAP TOY « previous next »
Pages: [1] 2
Author Topic: ALL-TIME FAVORITE CHEAP TOY  (Read 8270 times)
alandhopewell
A NorthCoaster In Texas
Frightening Fanatic of Horrible Cinema

Hey....white women were in season.

« on: May 16, 2014, 01:57:39 PM »

Something you could buy yourself, didn't cost much, which was good, 'cause they either got lost a lot, or they broke real easy.

Here's mine....

I must've bought hundreds of these gliders over the years; they flew well, did GREAT loops, but were prone to sometimes landing on roofs, trees, and tall bushes, or breaking upon impact with solid(er) objects.

If it's true what they say, that GOD created us in His image, then why should we not love creating, and why should we not continue to do so, as carefully and ethically as we can, on whatever scale we're capable of?

The choice is simple; refuse to create, and refuse to grow, or build, with care and love.
Umaril Has Returned
« Reply #1 on: May 16, 2014, 09:28:56 PM »

Something you could buy yourself, didn't cost much, which was good, 'cause they either got lost a lot, or they broke real easy.

Here's mine....

I must've bought hundreds of these gliders over the years; they flew well, did GREAT loops, but were prone to sometimes landing on roofs, trees, and tall bushes, or breaking upon impact with solid(er) objects.

Oh man I remember those...I must have had a few million of those myself as a kid! How right you are too, they broke the minute they hit something.   Other hits were the original Slinky (which would be ruined the minute you bent them)  and the Super Elastic Bubble Plastic bubble maker.
VenomX73

« Reply #2 on: May 16, 2014, 10:23:07 PM »

1981-83 - kept me busy for hours. I remember them well.

Gilligan's island, Goonies and Godzilla information booth here!
Umaril Has Returned
« Reply #3 on: May 17, 2014, 07:46:55 AM »

Not a toy, but something I'm sure many of us enjoyed hundreds of times,, much to the dismay of our parents as the sugar kicked in a few minutes later. Introducing the one, the only.....

RCMerchant
Bela
B-Movie Kraken

"Charlie,we're in HELL!"-"yeah,ain't it groovy?!"

« Reply #4 on: May 17, 2014, 01:41:51 PM »

Plastic army guys.
I could set them up and bomb them with clumps of dirt all day f**king long.

"Supernatural?...perhaps. Baloney?...Perhaps not!" Bela Lugosi-the BLACK CAT (1934)
Interviewer-"Does Dracula ever end for you?
Lugosi-"No. Dracula-never ends."

Slobber, Drool, Drip!
https://www.tumblr.com/ronmerchant
Umaril Has Returned
« Reply #5 on: May 17, 2014, 03:10:52 PM »

Plastic army guys.

Or shoot them with a Daisy BB Gun, or light them on fire and watch them melt, he he he.

We used to melt them down and pour the plastic into Creepy Crawler molds and make hard plastic creatures!
Couchtr26

« Reply #6 on: May 17, 2014, 03:33:56 PM »

Plastic army guys.

Or shoot them with a Daisy BB Gun, or light them on fire and watch them melt, he he he.

We used to melt them down and pour the plastic into Creepy Crawler molds and make hard plastic creatures!

I remember them.  Of course for me I preferred to hack their limbs off and talk about how they got an injury in the Battle of Back.  I think the mine detector guy was pretty mangled by the end of it.  Also, I remember getting an inordinate amount of the radio operators.   Not to say they weren't useful but in like 100 I think 10 is a bit much. 

For me, I always liked cheap cars and did destruction derbies with them.  Paint missing and chipped on all til all you could see was the base metal. 

For that matter, I did that with remote control cars and used to jump them over everything.  Destroyed the suspension on one little dune buggy (I know simple spring but it still didn't work right and eventually the axle broke again metal rod and plastic).

Ah, the good old days.
RCMerchant
Bela
B-Movie Kraken

« Reply #7 on: May 18, 2014, 02:42:49 AM »

Plastic army guys.

I remember them.  Of course for me I preferred to hack their limbs off and talk about how they got an injury in the Battle of Back.  I think the mine detector guy was pretty mangled by the end of it.  Also, I remember getting an inordinate amount of the radio operators.   Not to say they weren't useful but in like 100 I think 10 is a bit much. 

For me, I always liked cheap cars and did destruction derbies with them.  Paint missing and chipped on all til all you could see was the base metal. 

For that matter, I did that with remote control cars and used to jump them over everything.  Destroyed the suspension on one little dune buggy (I know simple spring but it still didn't work right and eventually the axle broke again metal rod and plastic).

They werent cheap-but my  GI joes went through hell-I shot em with my Daisy-I threw them outtta trees just to see the twisted way they would land.

"Supernatural?...perhaps. Baloney?...Perhaps not!" Bela Lugosi-the BLACK CAT (1934)

Slobber, Drool, Drip!
RCMerchant
Bela
B-Movie Kraken

« Reply #8 on: May 18, 2014, 02:49:08 AM »

I had a Charlie McCarthy doll.
I set him on fire in the trash barrel out back so I could watch his face melt.
I  felt like Fu Manchu.

Small | Large

Because in 1972-I was 10 years old-and I thought that was cool.
I still f**kin do.
« Last Edit: May 18, 2014, 02:55:32 AM by RCMerchant » Logged

Slobber, Drool, Drip!
RCMerchant
Bela
B-Movie Kraken

« Reply #9 on: May 18, 2014, 03:08:38 AM »

Som b***h-I would take my GI joes-(I had LOTS of them in the early 70's) and make all kinds of crazy stories-my GiI joes went threw hell-I made up stories for these guys-really weird s**t-cuz I had Planet of the Apes Mego dolls-and monster dolls-yes_ I played with dolls....GI Joes were my favorite-when I started getting the Mego dolls-I was collecting cool s**t. I played with dolls in 1970.

Slobber, Drool, Drip!
RCMerchant
Bela
B-Movie Kraken

« Reply #10 on: May 18, 2014, 03:18:43 AM »

There was an old apple tree out back-my dad took my Johnny West guy out back-I had the Gen,Custard guy too-and my dad took em them out and shot them with his luger hand gun-I was p**sed-untill he let me do it.Then It was real cool!

Slobber, Drool, Drip!
Umaril Has Returned
« Reply #11 on: May 18, 2014, 11:28:20 AM »

There was an old apple tree out back-my dad took my Johnny West guy out back-I had the Gen,Custard guy too-and my dad took em them out and shot them with his luger hand gun-I was p**sed-untill he let me do it.Then It was real cool!

The 2nd Amendment, bringing fathers and sons together for years  Cheers
JaseSF
Super Space Age Freaky Geek
B-Movie Kraken

Soon, your brain will turn to jelly.

« Reply #12 on: May 18, 2014, 03:44:17 PM »

God, the hours I'd spend playing jacks as a kid.

Also recall looking for the cheap toy you'd get in these:

"This above all: To thine own self be true!"
alandhopewell
A NorthCoaster In Texas

Hey....white women were in season.

« Reply #13 on: May 20, 2014, 03:24:52 PM »

Did anyone besides me ever notice how, if you called yourself being slick, and opening the Cracker Jack box at the bottom, the prize would STILL SOMEHOW manage to be at the other end!

If it's true what they say, that GOD created us in His image, then why should we not love creating, and why should we not continue to do so, as carefully and ethically as we can, on whatever scale we're capable of?

The choice is simple; refuse to create, and refuse to grow, or build, with care and love.
RCMerchant
Bela
B-Movie Kraken

« Reply #14 on: May 23, 2014, 09:30:48 PM »

Did anyone besides me ever notice how, if you called yourself being slick, and opening the Cracker Jack box at the bottom, the prize would STILL SOMEHOW manage to be at the other end!

Nowadays ya aint gonna get a whistle or a cool Frankenstein flicker ring. No army soldiers or a plastic ape.
Youll get a tiny sticker-maybe a spit on tat.
 Question

Slobber, Drool, Drip!
Pages: [1] 2
Badmovies.org Forum  |  Other Topics  |  Entertainment  |  ALL-TIME FAVORITE CHEAP TOY « previous next »
    Jump to:  

RSS Feed Subscribe Subscribe by RSS
    Email Subscribe Subscribe by Email

Popular Articles
    How To Find A Bad Movie

The Champions of Justice

Plan 9 from Outer Space

Manos, The Hands of Fate

Podcast: Todd the Convenience Store Clerk

Faster, Pussycat! Kill! Kill!

Dragonball: The Magic Begins

Cool As Ice

The Educational Archives: Driver's Ed

Godzilla vs. Monster Zero

Do you have a zombie plan?

FROM THE BADMOVIES.ORG ARCHIVES
    ImageThe Giant Claw - Slime drop

Earth is visited by a GIANT ANTIMATTER SPACE BUZZARD! Gawk at the amazingly bad bird puppet, or chuckle over the silly dialog. This is one of the greatest b-movies ever made.

Lesson Learned:
    • Osmosis: os·mo·sis (oz-mo'sis, os-) n., 1. When a bird eats something.

Subscribe to Badmovies.org and get updates by email:

HOME B-Movie Reviews Reader Reviews Forum Interviews TV Shows Advertising Information Sideshows Links Contact

Badmovies.org is owned and operated by Andrew Borntreger. All original content is © 1998 - 2014 by its respective author(s). Image, video, and audio files are used in accordance with the Fair Use Law, and are property of the film copyright holders. You may freely link to any page (.html or .php) on this website, but reproduction in any other form must be authorized by the copyright holder.