Bad Movie Logo
"A website to the detriment of good film"
Custom Search
HOMEB-MOVIE REVIEWSREADER REVIEWSFORUMINTERVIEWSUPDATESABOUT
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
March 28, 2024, 09:48:12 AM
713335 Posts in 53056 Topics by 7725 Members
Latest Member: wibwao
Badmovies.org Forum  |  Other Topics  |  Television  |  Crazy Japanese TV « previous next »
Pages: [1]
Author Topic: Crazy Japanese TV  (Read 6436 times)
JayJayM12
Regulary relieves himself on hospitality...
Bad Movie Lover

« on: May 27, 2014, 10:37:20 AM »

Hey guys - I was wondering if anyone had any suggestions for some crazy Japanese tv shows available to watch on dvd (preferably Region 1)?  The nuttier, the better!  I've got Meet The Fuccoons, Takeshi's Castle, and MXC, but was wanting some more!  Here's a couple of trailers to a recent compilation that I went to, to give you an idea of what I mean!

Small | Large

Small | Large

Small | Large

Sorry, don't know why my You Tube links don't show up as videos anymore!
« Last Edit: May 28, 2014, 12:08:41 AM by JayJayM12 » Logged

Check out my movie reviews and articles at:  www.cinedump.com<br /><br />Or, don\\\'t check them out - see if I care.  You\\\'re not my real mom anyway.  Unless, you are.  In which case, whatever, I\\\'ll do what I want.  It\\\'s my hot body.  Y\\\'all don\\\'t know me.
Josso
Bad Movie Lover

« Reply #1 on: May 27, 2014, 12:29:43 PM »

gaki no tsukai is the first thing that came to mind based on your links and stuff, I have a bunch of weird anime suggestions dunno if it's quite what you want: paranoia agent, FLCL, steins;gate, etc

JayJayM12
Bad Movie Lover

« Reply #2 on: May 27, 2014, 04:42:01 PM »

I'm not so much looking for Anime (not yet anyway, at least - maybe down the line I'll give it a go).  But, gaki no tsukai sounds EXACTLY like the type of stuff I'm looking for.  In fact, after taking a look, I'm pretty sure that some clips from that show were included in the show I saw and I had been wondering what they were from, so cheers for that! 

Thanks for the suggestion - I shall be seeking it out!

Cheers

Check out my movie reviews and articles at:  www.cinedump.com<br /><br />Or, don\\\'t check them out - see if I care.  You\\\'re not my real mom anyway.  Unless, you are.  In which case, whatever, I\\\'ll do what I want.  It\\\'s my hot body.  Y\\\'all don\\\'t know me.
VenomX73
Frightening Fanatic of Horrible Cinema

« Reply #3 on: May 27, 2014, 05:42:40 PM »

Sorry, don't know why my You Tube links don't show up as videos anymore!

take the s out of https then repost  Smile

Crazy Japanese Tv Show Small | Large

Hardcore Japanese Taxi Prank Small | Large

Gilligan's island, Goonies and Godzilla information booth here!
indianasmith
Archeologist, Theologian, Elder Scrolls Addict, and a
B-Movie Kraken

A good bad movie is like popcorn for the soul!

« Reply #4 on: May 27, 2014, 11:19:41 PM »

I remember a show called ALL NIGHT FUJI that was very popular when I lived there.  It was an R-rated version of SNL.
Then there was also the Japanese version of Candid Camera.  We loved that one!

"I shall smite you in the nostrils with a rod of iron, and wax your spleen with Efferdent!!"
JayJayM12
Bad Movie Lover

« Reply #5 on: May 28, 2014, 12:11:09 AM »

take the s out of https then repost  Smile

Ah, that did the trick - thanks!!

And, thank you guys for your suggestions - I'll definitely have to check those out.  Don't know why I'm on this kick right now, but I'm having quite a bit of fun with it...

Sitting Duck
Bad Movie Lover

« Reply #6 on: May 28, 2014, 06:44:22 AM »

Not sure if this is the sort of thing you're looking for, but Psycho-Pass is a series worth checking out. Probably the best way to describe it is as a mixture of Paranoia and Minority Report, with a hint of Judge Dredd. It got a Stateside DVD and Blu-Ray release a couple of months ago, with Amazon offering a pretty decent discount.
JayJayM12
Bad Movie Lover

« Reply #7 on: May 28, 2014, 10:04:59 AM »

Not sure if this is the sort of thing you're looking for, but Psycho-Pass is a series worth checking out. Probably the best way to describe it is as a mixture of Paranoia and Minority Report, with a hint of Judge Dredd. It got a Stateside DVD and Blu-Ray release a couple of months ago, with Amazon offering a pretty decent discount.

It's not quite in line with what I was originally looking for (I'm talking more weird variety and game shows and stuff), but it still sounds excellent.  I just headed over to Amazon and ordered a copy of Part One after reading some reviews and things.  Sounds great!

Cheers for that!   Cheers

messedup
Bad Movie Lover

« Reply #8 on: May 28, 2014, 12:49:24 PM »

gaki no tsukai is the first thing that came to mind based on your links and stuff, I have a bunch of weird anime suggestions dunno if it's quite what you want: paranoia agent, FLCL, steins;gate, etc

Gaki no Tsukai is fantastic...that's a great recommendation.
@JayJay:
Check out http://watchgakinotsukai.blogspot.de/ for a lot of their stuff with english subtitles. Really worth checking out.

Josso
Bad Movie Lover

« Reply #9 on: May 28, 2014, 01:20:36 PM »

Check out http://watchgakinotsukai.blogspot.de/ for a lot of their stuff with english subtitles. Really worth checking out.

Nice thanks, I know what I'm doing for the rest of the day  TeddyR what I've seen with subs has been really fragmented. Resent the adf.ly links though, even though I can bypass them, people really shouldn't try and make $£ when sharing links.

JayJayM12
Bad Movie Lover

« Reply #10 on: May 28, 2014, 02:25:04 PM »

Gaki no Tsukai is fantastic...that's a great recommendation.
@JayJay:

Actually, I spent several hours last night checking out there stuff on YouTube.  I was getting ready for bed and meant to only check out a couple of minutes, but I couldn't shut it off!  Excellent stuff...

Thanks again for the suggestion Josso, and thanks for that link messedup - I'll check it out tonight, for sure!

Flangepart
Frightening Fanatic of Horrible Cinema

« Reply #11 on: May 28, 2014, 06:06:38 PM »

Feeling compeled to point out the redundancy of the thread title...just sayin'...

"Aggressivlly eccentric, and proud of it!"
JayJayM12
Bad Movie Lover

« Reply #12 on: May 28, 2014, 11:09:09 PM »

Feeling compeled to point out the redundancy of the thread title...just sayin'...

Ha - good point!

Josso
Bad Movie Lover

« Reply #13 on: May 28, 2014, 11:12:44 PM »

I hadn't actually seen a lot of full episodes until now either, think it's worth mentioning Hitoshi Matsumoto that stars in gaki made two hilarious/awesome films: Symbol (2009), Big Man Japan (2007), it's actually the reason I know of the tv show - I suspect many people go the other way round

316zombie
« Reply #14 on: June 21, 2014, 03:48:32 PM »

pet shop of horror!!!
Pages: [1]
Badmovies.org Forum  |  Other Topics  |  Television  |  Crazy Japanese TV « previous next »
    Jump to:  

RSS Feed Subscribe Subscribe by RSS
    Email Subscribe Subscribe by Email

Popular Articles
    How To Find A Bad Movie

The Champions of Justice

Plan 9 from Outer Space

Manos, The Hands of Fate

Podcast: Todd the Convenience Store Clerk

Faster, Pussycat! Kill! Kill!

Dragonball: The Magic Begins

Cool As Ice

The Educational Archives: Driver's Ed

Godzilla vs. Monster Zero

Do you have a zombie plan?

FROM THE BADMOVIES.ORG ARCHIVES
    ImageThe Giant Claw - Slime drop

Earth is visited by a GIANT ANTIMATTER SPACE BUZZARD! Gawk at the amazingly bad bird puppet, or chuckle over the silly dialog. This is one of the greatest b-movies ever made.

Lesson Learned:
    • Osmosis: os·mo·sis (oz-mo'sis, os-) n., 1. When a bird eats something.

Subscribe to Badmovies.org and get updates by email:

HOME B-Movie Reviews Reader Reviews Forum Interviews TV Shows Advertising Information Sideshows Links Contact

Badmovies.org is owned and operated by Andrew Borntreger. All original content is © 1998 - 2014 by its respective author(s). Image, video, and audio files are used in accordance with the Fair Use Law, and are property of the film copyright holders. You may freely link to any page (.html or .php) on this website, but reproduction in any other form must be authorized by the copyright holder.