Bad Movie Logo
"A website to the detriment of good film"
Custom Search
HOMEB-MOVIE REVIEWSREADER REVIEWSFORUMINTERVIEWSUPDATESABOUT
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
March 28, 2024, 06:55:32 AM
713325 Posts in 53055 Topics by 7725 Members
Latest Member: wibwao
Badmovies.org Forum  |  Information Exchange  |  Movie Reviews  |  Three Knock Theater 50: Troll 2 (1990) « previous next »
Pages: [1]
Author Topic: Three Knock Theater 50: Troll 2 (1990)  (Read 100004 times)
clockworkcanary
Bad Movie Lover

« on: November 28, 2016, 12:36:32 PM »

Our 50th episode...our most-requested listener pick...and we can see why. Many consider this the worst movie ever made, but my fellow b-movie fans and followers of this site know there are gems out there that are much worse (we've reviewed at least three prior that are much worse (see Blood Freak)).

Small | Large

MP3 download/streaming:
http://threeknocktheater.podbean.com/e/episode-50-troll-2-1990/

VHS box summaries:

Fence-sitting Elliot abandons his homosexual urges to help a failed dancer save her family from alternative lifestyles (in order to avoid castration).

Or…

Undead Grampa turns hallucinating descendant into a terrorist; convinces him to attack hippies.

Or…

Hippy Chick destroys the fabric of American Family Values.

You decide! Hahah!

Join us as we discuss all things schlock at Three Knock Theater podcast:

Facebook Group:
https://www.facebook.com/groups/197572800347267/

Youtube channel:
https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCrLYkyXabfSwpcRQjhUMErQ
AoTFan
Frightening Fanatic of Horrible Cinema

« Reply #1 on: November 29, 2016, 03:40:27 AM »

Oh, come on, you're just sand blasting a soup cracker with this one. 

:)
clockworkcanary
Bad Movie Lover

« Reply #2 on: November 29, 2016, 02:50:07 PM »

Haha, that's a great visual. Yes, it is indeed some low hanging fruit/vegetables :D

Facebook Group:

Youtube channel:
AoTFan

« Reply #3 on: November 29, 2016, 06:39:32 PM »

Haha, that's a great visual. Yes, it is indeed some low hanging fruit/vegetables :D

Ahh.. I can't take credit for it, I stole that from Dogbert.  TeddyR
AoTFan

« Reply #4 on: December 02, 2016, 12:41:59 AM »

Some comments...

Yes, big fan of Laura Gemser!  Would have loved to have worked on the film just to meet her.  I was going through puberty when you I first saw some of her films.

As for the director, I agree with the Pride argument (maybe even arrogance).  He just figured, "Hey, my way or the highway!"

Hey, what happened to the lady?  (Blanking on her name off-hand).  She either disappears or is VERY quiet throughout the last two thirds of the review.

(re: The ending) I think it's pretty much just a middle finger to the audience.

Anyway, another fun review!
clockworkcanary
Bad Movie Lover

« Reply #5 on: December 02, 2016, 09:31:59 AM »

Hello there:

Hey, thanks for the props -much appreciated. It's hard to tell sometimes what people think of the show (we don't get a lot of comments/feedback), so your feedback is much appreciated.

The Wife (the lady in this show) had some things going on during the recording so she muted when necessary...the whole life thing and all. One of our biggest issues is scheduling; it's so very hard to get us all together and even when we do, we have things come up (kids' stuff/extracurricular activities/work). We actually have another lady (my sis) who's been kinda on leave due to the same reasons (we can only manage to record one night every other week and it's the same night she has to take her son to his college courses). We're actually going to take a break until after the first of the year when (hopefully) everyone's schedule is more accommodating.

Yes, I thought Laura Gemser was one of the best actresses in the film; she seemed to be the only one who realized what this film was and totally seemed to have fun with it. I love that she made/brought her own clothes for some of the scenes.

Yeah, the ending...wow, heh. I think I agree with you.

I found doing this review was very fun; I always like to treat terrible movies as if they were these epic pieces of literature (in a tongue-and-cheek, facetious way)... I've received a few messages where folks thought I was crazy or reading too much into it, when that's the whole point (reading too much into it/reaching for the sake of it (for the lolz)). Hell, I even got a personal email from the Samurai Cop himself for that review, but after a polite and brief exchange, I think he got what we were doing and appreciated it (heck of a nice guy, that Samurai Cop).

Thanks again for listening and for the feedback.

Facebook Group:

Youtube channel:
AoTFan

« Reply #6 on: December 03, 2016, 03:31:20 AM »

Hello there:

Hey, thanks for the props -much appreciated. It's hard to tell sometimes what people think of the show (we don't get a lot of comments/feedback), so your feedback is much appreciated.

The Wife (the lady in this show) had some things going on during the recording so she muted when necessary...the whole life thing and all. One of our biggest issues is scheduling; it's so very hard to get us all together and even when we do, we have things come up

Wait, that's your wife?  Whoa... course, if I found a lady who can appreciate the humor in Troll 2 I'd marry her too!  :)  

Yes, I thought Laura Gemser was one of the best actresses in the film; she seemed to be the only one who realized what this film was and totally seemed to have fun with it. I love that she made/brought her own clothes for some of the scenes.

Wait, Laura wasn't actually IN the movie was she?  It thought she was just the costume designer.  

We're talking this lady here...

And, no, believe it or not, I haven't actually had a chance to watch the entire film.  Weird, huh?

I found doing this review was very fun; I always like to treat terrible movies as if they were these epic pieces of literature (in a tongue-and-cheek, facetious way)... I've received a few messages where folks thought I was crazy or reading too much into it, when that's the whole point (reading too much into it/reaching for the sake of it (for the lolz)). Hell, I even got a personal email from the Samurai Cop himself for that review, but after a polite and brief exchange, I think he got what we were doing and appreciated it (heck of a nice guy, that Samurai Cop).

Thanks again for listening and for the feedback.

Samurai Cop?  Oh, cool!  That must have been a neat email to read!

Keep up the good work!
« Last Edit: December 05, 2016, 12:23:39 AM by AoTFan » Logged
clockworkcanary
Bad Movie Lover

« Reply #7 on: December 04, 2016, 11:43:58 AM »

You're totally right; I was thinking/referring to Deborah Reed (the queen) - my bad (wires crossed); yes, that's the costume designer we were talking about that was the only one on the production set that could translate for everyone. Dammit; I need to pay more attention! lol

Yes, regarding the wife: we got together because of our love of crappy movies, so bad movies can lead to good things, haha!

Yeah that was a cool discussion I had with Matt (Samurai Cop); he even sent us an audio recording response, which was cool as hell. Funny how we get more/as much response from people in the actual movies we've reviewed; we also had a response from someone on the set of Night of the Comet, which blew our minds. I was just glad no one took our goofy review/recaps too seriously; seems a lot of folks involved with these sure have a good sense of humor. Of course, if we heard from the director of Troll 2, I doubt it would follow suit, hehe.

Thanks again for your input/response/cudos!

Facebook Group:

Youtube channel:
AoTFan

« Reply #8 on: December 05, 2016, 12:47:33 AM »

Yes, regarding the wife: we got together because of our love of crappy movies, so bad movies can lead to good things, haha!

Yeah, I'm sure that'll happen to me someday too!  AHAHAHHAHAHA ah, aha... oh, god... (starts to cry).

So, uh, where/how did you guys meet?

Yeah that was a cool discussion I had with Matt (Samurai Cop); he even sent us an audio recording response, which was cool as hell. Funny how we get more/as much response from people in the actual movies we've reviewed; we also had a response from someone on the set of Night of the Comet, which blew our minds. I was just glad no one took our goofy review/recaps too seriously; seems a lot of folks involved with these sure have a good sense of humor. Of course, if we heard from the director of Troll 2, I doubt it would follow suit, hehe.

Thanks again for your input/response/cudos!

Any chance you'll post that audio response?  That might be cool to listen to.  (I'd get his permission first though..)

BTW has anyone else told you that one of you guys (sorry, still haven't gotten all the names/voices down part yet) sounds a bit like Dennis Miller?  Which is pretty cool, I think...
« Last Edit: December 05, 2016, 12:50:38 AM by AoTFan » Logged
clockworkcanary
Bad Movie Lover

« Reply #9 on: December 05, 2016, 10:30:44 AM »

Met having coffee/first date. Immediately started talking bad movies, horror movies, and Jason Voorhees. It all went awesome from there. As far as how the podcasters on the show met, basically, it's me (Dave), a close friend from college (Josh), the Wife (Devin), the Sister (Nikki; part-timer on the show), new friend and production/film guy and fellow Friday the 13th/horror fan, (Matt), and our retired member from my old High School, (Isaac, present for first 25 episodes; life got too busy).

Not sure about posting the audio response. Could work it into intro/outro with his permission, of course. We're planning to release/publish our own I-riff to Samurai Cop 1 and 2, so it could work well with that (every once in awhile we all get together at the same place, watch said movie, recording our reactions so listeners can synch it up while watching the movie themselves; we did this last year on one episode for From Beyond).

Hahaha, I'm curious which one of us sounds like Dennis Miller? That's hilarious!
« Last Edit: December 05, 2016, 10:42:06 AM by clockworkcanary » Logged

Facebook Group:

Youtube channel:
AoTFan

« Reply #10 on: December 05, 2016, 10:31:52 PM »

Met having coffee/first date. Immediately started talking bad movies, horror movies, and Jason Voorhees. It all went awesome from there.

Okay, but before that... I mean, you didn't just see a random girl having coffee and sat down next to her and started talking right?  (Cause I tried that once, didn't work out too well.)  Did you meet online and agree to get coffee or did you know each other from work or something?  Just curious...

Hahaha, I'm curious which one of us sounds like Dennis Miller? That's hilarious!

! No longer available Small | Large

About around 9:05 the guy who's saying, "One of the reasons I might be a little over-critical is cause I like H.P. Lovecraft's work a lot and I really want to see a good movie..."

I don't know.. maybe it's just me, but he jut sounds a little like Miller. 
clockworkcanary
Bad Movie Lover

« Reply #11 on: December 06, 2016, 07:57:09 AM »

Yes, dating site chat for awhile first. What I noticed first was her picture of getting stabbed by Jason Voorhees, so I knew I had to reach out to her. Probably wouldn't have worked had I just approached her randomly at a coffee shop, but the visual of that cracks me up.

Ah, I think that would be Josh then.

Thanks for checking out our other episodes, too. We really have a blast talking about them.

Facebook Group:

Youtube channel:
Pages: [1]
Badmovies.org Forum  |  Information Exchange  |  Movie Reviews  |  Three Knock Theater 50: Troll 2 (1990) « previous next »
    Jump to:  

RSS Feed Subscribe Subscribe by RSS
    Email Subscribe Subscribe by Email

Popular Articles
    How To Find A Bad Movie

The Champions of Justice

Plan 9 from Outer Space

Manos, The Hands of Fate

Podcast: Todd the Convenience Store Clerk

Faster, Pussycat! Kill! Kill!

Dragonball: The Magic Begins

Cool As Ice

The Educational Archives: Driver's Ed

Godzilla vs. Monster Zero

Do you have a zombie plan?

FROM THE BADMOVIES.ORG ARCHIVES
    ImageThe Giant Claw - Slime drop

Earth is visited by a GIANT ANTIMATTER SPACE BUZZARD! Gawk at the amazingly bad bird puppet, or chuckle over the silly dialog. This is one of the greatest b-movies ever made.

Lesson Learned:
    • Osmosis: os·mo·sis (oz-mo'sis, os-) n., 1. When a bird eats something.

Subscribe to Badmovies.org and get updates by email:

HOME B-Movie Reviews Reader Reviews Forum Interviews TV Shows Advertising Information Sideshows Links Contact

Badmovies.org is owned and operated by Andrew Borntreger. All original content is © 1998 - 2014 by its respective author(s). Image, video, and audio files are used in accordance with the Fair Use Law, and are property of the film copyright holders. You may freely link to any page (.html or .php) on this website, but reproduction in any other form must be authorized by the copyright holder.