Bad Movie Logo
"A website to the detriment of good film"
Custom Search
HOMEB-MOVIE REVIEWSREADER REVIEWSFORUMINTERVIEWSUPDATESABOUT
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
March 19, 2024, 03:20:47 AM
712924 Posts in 53040 Topics by 7722 Members
Latest Member: GenevaBarr
Badmovies.org Forum  |  Other Topics  |  Television  |  Halt and Catch Fire « previous next »
Pages: [1]
Author Topic: Halt and Catch Fire  (Read 1945 times)
ER
B-Movie Kraken

The sleep of reasoner breeds monsters. (sic)

« on: October 17, 2017, 10:24:55 AM »

Every once in a while I luck out and start watching a show from episode one and follow it through to the end. Mad Men was one of those, and so was Halt and Catch Fire. If at times it seemed like the stylish Mad Men got a little too much praise and attention then Halt and Catch Fire suffered from the opposite extreme and rarely got praise and never really got the attention it should have had coming to it.

Well if you're reading this then you possibly already know what HACF is/was about (the dawn of the modern computer age and a group of visionaries who were there through it all), and may even know that last weekend it finished its four-season run on AMC. I won't talk about the specific content of this too-brief and always rapid-paced drama set in the recent past, because the way it was structured and the speed with which it moved, me telling about much of anything would upset later plot developments, and that'd be doing an injustice to those who might get into it later on a streaming service. (And I do think there is a good chance HACF will finally get some acclaim in years to come as it lives on through Netflix or Hulu or whatever will be out there in the 2020s and beyond.

I will just say if you've seen it you might agree with me about the quality of the series, and if you haven't seen it you probably should, if for no other reason it's a thrill to see your own era and its music and trends and even toys given a mention as signposts of the 1980s and 1990s. Maybe one day those pop culture references will be more commonplace as new generations join those of us who were there in looking back, but for now it's still novel.

So, HACF was often darn terrific, and I do think it will someday become a classic.

May it stream in peace.

What does not kill me makes me stranger.
Pages: [1]
Badmovies.org Forum  |  Other Topics  |  Television  |  Halt and Catch Fire « previous next »
    Jump to:  

RSS Feed Subscribe Subscribe by RSS
    Email Subscribe Subscribe by Email

Popular Articles
    How To Find A Bad Movie

The Champions of Justice

Plan 9 from Outer Space

Manos, The Hands of Fate

Podcast: Todd the Convenience Store Clerk

Faster, Pussycat! Kill! Kill!

Dragonball: The Magic Begins

Cool As Ice

The Educational Archives: Driver's Ed

Godzilla vs. Monster Zero

Do you have a zombie plan?

FROM THE BADMOVIES.ORG ARCHIVES
    ImageThe Giant Claw - Slime drop

Earth is visited by a GIANT ANTIMATTER SPACE BUZZARD! Gawk at the amazingly bad bird puppet, or chuckle over the silly dialog. This is one of the greatest b-movies ever made.

Lesson Learned:
    • Osmosis: os·mo·sis (oz-mo'sis, os-) n., 1. When a bird eats something.

Subscribe to Badmovies.org and get updates by email:

HOME B-Movie Reviews Reader Reviews Forum Interviews TV Shows Advertising Information Sideshows Links Contact

Badmovies.org is owned and operated by Andrew Borntreger. All original content is © 1998 - 2014 by its respective author(s). Image, video, and audio files are used in accordance with the Fair Use Law, and are property of the film copyright holders. You may freely link to any page (.html or .php) on this website, but reproduction in any other form must be authorized by the copyright holder.