Bad Movie Logo
"A website to the detriment of good film"
Custom Search
HOMEB-MOVIE REVIEWSREADER REVIEWSFORUMINTERVIEWSUPDATESABOUT
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
April 18, 2024, 07:06:05 AM
714201 Posts in 53091 Topics by 7734 Members
Latest Member: BlackVuemmo
Badmovies.org Forum  |  Other Topics  |  Television  |  Animated. Tv series you love. « previous next »
Pages: [1] 2
Author Topic: Animated. Tv series you love.  (Read 8270 times)
Svengoolie 3
Frightening Fanatic of Horrible Cinema

« on: February 17, 2018, 12:50:28 PM »

One of the best animated shows I saw was ''Ghost in the Shell stand alone complex''. Even animated  it's more intelligent and mature then. Most Americans TV.

Too damn. Bad it lasted only 2 seasons.

The doctor that circumcised Trump threw away the wrong piece.
ER
B-Movie Kraken

The sleep of reasoner breeds monsters. (sic)

« Reply #1 on: February 17, 2018, 02:38:09 PM »

I'm a fan of the art form but if I had to pick one series I'd say King of the Hill. It celebrated traditional America and did it in clever ways while being funny and wise. Hank Hill standing up for Halloween against the maniac down the block made me want to cheer.

What does not kill me makes me stranger.
Alex
B-Movie Kraken

« Reply #2 on: February 17, 2018, 02:45:52 PM »

My mum loves King of the Hill. I ended up buying her every episode as a present one year.

I am a big fan of older and non-Scrappy Doo cartoons, but for more recent stuff Van Helsings Pet Shop was a bit of anime I loved as well as Full Metal Alchemst (looking forward to the live action version).

But do you understand That none of this will matter Nothing can take your pain away
RCMerchant
Bela
B-Movie Kraken

"Charlie,we're in HELL!"-"yeah,ain't it groovy?!"

« Reply #3 on: February 17, 2018, 03:47:06 PM »

the REN and STIMPY Show was the FUNNIEST thing on TV at the time! Maybe of all time!

Small | Large

« Last Edit: February 17, 2018, 04:00:21 PM by RCMerchant » Logged

"Supernatural?...perhaps. Baloney?...Perhaps not!" Bela Lugosi-the BLACK CAT (1934)
Interviewer-"Does Dracula ever end for you?
Lugosi-"No. Dracula-never ends."

Slobber, Drool, Drip!
https://www.tumblr.com/ronmerchant
316zombie
« Reply #4 on: February 17, 2018, 07:12:05 PM »

vampire miyu,any season, animaniacs, any season and freakazoid.
indianasmith
Archeologist, Theologian, Elder Scrolls Addict, and a
B-Movie Kraken

A good bad movie is like popcorn for the soul!

« Reply #5 on: February 17, 2018, 08:28:31 PM »

KING OF THE HILL is the only animated series for grown-ups that I ever really fell in love with.  I swear, I knew some of the characters on that show - or at least, the real-life East Texans they were based on!

And my very first anime addiction, back in the early 80's, was STARBLAZERS - an Americanized version of the Japanese STAR CRUISER YAMATO.  I watched two full seasons of that with rapt attention when I was in high school, and can still tell  you much of the plotline of both.  And I still know all the words of the opening theme song.  "We're off, to outer space! We're leaving Mother Earth, to save the human race - our STAR BLAZERS!"

"I shall smite you in the nostrils with a rod of iron, and wax your spleen with Efferdent!!"
retrorussell
In the town of Valentine Bluffs, there are many ways to die. Take your pick.

Hanniger! I'll be waiting in HELL for you!

« Reply #6 on: February 17, 2018, 09:41:36 PM »

Great comic book cartoons:
JUSTICE LEAGUE and JUSTICE LEAGUE UNLIMITED
The 7 heroes Flash, Green Lantern, Wonder Woman, Batman, Superman, Hawkgirl and Martian Manhunter appear in the former and a TON of other heroes as well appear in the latter.  VERY well written stories and character development in both.  Ran in the 2000s on Kids WB.  Love this show!

"O the legend they say, on a Valentine's Day, is a curse that'll live on and on.."
retrorussell

« Reply #7 on: February 17, 2018, 09:47:19 PM »

Another very well done cartoon series based on a comic:
AVENGERS: EARTH'S MIGHTIEST HEROES
I stumbled upon this once, looking for a decent cartoon series.. and I was BLOWN away!  The writing, animation, and representation of the characters are all great, but the voice acting is probably the strongest plus of the show.  It evolved into the lesser AVENGERS ASSEMBLE series-- skip that one and check this one out!  Some minor quibbles: Some of the goofy hairstyles, Wasp being overly chatty, and Black Panther being a little too good at everything.  Still a fantastic series.

"O the legend they say, on a Valentine's Day, is a curse that'll live on and on.."
HappyGilmore
B-Movie Kraken

I know Quack-Fu.

« Reply #8 on: February 19, 2018, 09:27:07 PM »

South Park.  It's my all time favorite animated series.  This clip's from the film, but still. 
Small | Large

"The path to Heaven runs through miles of clouded Hell."

Don’t get too close, it’s dark inside.
It’s where my demons hide, it’s where my demons hide.
lester1/2jr
B-Movie Kraken

« Reply #9 on: February 21, 2018, 11:49:12 AM »

indy -  I was way into Star blazers. there was some sort of endless countdown at one point like 239 days till the thing. I'm sure I stuck around for whatever it was though.

I loved Dungeons and Dragons and Gummi Bears. I got the boxed sets for my niece and nephew. they're older now I think I may borrow them back
retrorussell

« Reply #10 on: February 21, 2018, 02:47:23 PM »

For its time the 60's version of Fantastic Four was actually pretty decent.

I loved almost all the seasons of The TRANSFORMERS, 1984-87.  The last one got awful with the introduction of the Headmasters-- soooo stupid!  I used to wonder in my mind which opening was the best-- I settled on the one with the title appearing in Grimlock's jaws, and ended with Optimus and Megatron fighting on the 3D grid.  I loved to collect the toys but I found the heat-sensitive symbol you rubbed to show whether it was an Autobot or Decepticon was a dumb idea-- we KNOW which ones are Autobots and Decepticons; we watch the damn show!

Pacman000
« Reply #11 on: February 21, 2018, 03:24:18 PM »

I haven't heard Speed Racer mentioned yet!

! No longer available Small | Large

And this isn't the original U.S. intro; the 1st intro had the Trans-Lux Logo superimposed over the opening shots, and a different Speed Racer logo. Super imposition looked cheap, just white text, like it was double exposed without a proper mask.
ER
B-Movie Kraken

The sleep of reasoner breeds monsters. (sic)

« Reply #12 on: February 21, 2018, 04:09:50 PM »

Gotta agree with Lester and indy, Star Blazers was fun. ("Deslock! Deslock! Deslock!") That was another of the many, MANY shows I never would've seen if I hadn't met Rob in the '90s, and grown up in the age of conventions where nerds (in the most admiring use of the term) traded VHS tapes.
« Last Edit: February 21, 2018, 04:14:09 PM by ER » Logged

What does not kill me makes me stranger.
WingedSerpent

I AM THE BAD PHOTOSHOP EFFECT!

« Reply #13 on: February 21, 2018, 09:01:03 PM »

Batman: The Animated Series
Justice League and Justice League Unlimited
Gargoyles
Metalocalypse

At least, that's what Gary Busey told me...
HappyGilmore
B-Movie Kraken

I know Quack-Fu.

« Reply #14 on: February 22, 2018, 07:36:48 PM »

Tiny Toon Adventures
Small | Large

Teenage Mutant Ninja Turtles
Small | Large

"The path to Heaven runs through miles of clouded Hell."

Don’t get too close, it’s dark inside.
It’s where my demons hide, it’s where my demons hide.
Pages: [1] 2
Badmovies.org Forum  |  Other Topics  |  Television  |  Animated. Tv series you love. « previous next »
    Jump to:  

RSS Feed Subscribe Subscribe by RSS
    Email Subscribe Subscribe by Email

Popular Articles
    How To Find A Bad Movie

The Champions of Justice

Plan 9 from Outer Space

Manos, The Hands of Fate

Podcast: Todd the Convenience Store Clerk

Faster, Pussycat! Kill! Kill!

Dragonball: The Magic Begins

Cool As Ice

The Educational Archives: Driver's Ed

Godzilla vs. Monster Zero

Do you have a zombie plan?

FROM THE BADMOVIES.ORG ARCHIVES
    ImageThe Giant Claw - Slime drop

Earth is visited by a GIANT ANTIMATTER SPACE BUZZARD! Gawk at the amazingly bad bird puppet, or chuckle over the silly dialog. This is one of the greatest b-movies ever made.

Lesson Learned:
    • Osmosis: os·mo·sis (oz-mo'sis, os-) n., 1. When a bird eats something.

Subscribe to Badmovies.org and get updates by email:

HOME B-Movie Reviews Reader Reviews Forum Interviews TV Shows Advertising Information Sideshows Links Contact

Badmovies.org is owned and operated by Andrew Borntreger. All original content is © 1998 - 2014 by its respective author(s). Image, video, and audio files are used in accordance with the Fair Use Law, and are property of the film copyright holders. You may freely link to any page (.html or .php) on this website, but reproduction in any other form must be authorized by the copyright holder.