Main Menu

RIP John McCain.

Started by Svengoolie 3, August 25, 2018, 08:31:03 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Svengoolie 3

John McCain bad died of brain cancer at 81.

I do mourn his passing. He was one of the very last members of his party to show a single shred of human decency.
The doctor that circumcised Trump threw away the wrong piece.

Svengoolie 3

I think that despite my disagreements with him he may have redeemed himself with one of his final major acts.  https://www.businessinsider.com/senate-health-care-bill-vote-mccain-2017-8
The doctor that circumcised Trump threw away the wrong piece.

Allhallowsday

Out of the whole crew, JOHN McCAIN was the only one I liked. 
If you want to view paradise . . . simply look around and view it!

316zombie

he was a very brave an honorable man, politics be damned. rest well, sir. i salute you.

Alex

From what I know of him he seemed to be good human being, decent and honourable. He served his country well in war and peace. Rest well sir.
Your kisses turn princes into frogs and passion plays into monologues.

indianasmith

I knew he wasn't going to win in 08 - but I voted for him anyway!  A decent and honorable man.
"I shall smite you in the nostrils with a rod of iron, and wax your spleen with Efferdent!!"

lester1/2jr

I totally disagree. he supported every military intervention from Kosovo to Iraq and Libya and even had the temerity to hang out with jihadists in Syria. I guess others have a different definition of "decent" than I do. I don't think murder and death are very decent

also reagan hated him for running out on his first wife when she got in a car crash.

RCMerchant

I might not have liked his politics (hell, I don't like most ANY politics), but he was a man of convictions and a war hero. We need more men like that in Washington.
"Supernatural?...perhaps. Baloney?...Perhaps not!" Bela Lugosi-the BLACK CAT (1934)
Interviewer-"Does Dracula ever end for you?
Lugosi-"No. Dracula-never ends."

Slobber, Drool, Drip!
https://www.tumblr.com/ronmerchant

lester1/2jr

Quotehe was a man of convictions

actually he was never convicted https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Keating_Five

Olivia Bauer

A clip they keep playing in the news to show how nice he was, was of the racist old hag telling him she doesn't trust Obama because "He's Arab", and McCain telling the Krusty K*nt that isn't true.
The really sad thing is THAT WAS MY HIGH SCHOOL! I'm not joking! McCain did a rally at Lakeville South High School and the next day in the news they're playing that clip. It was f**king embarrassing.

I still remember that day pretty well. We had to go through metal detectors to get into the building. I heard rumors of snipers on the roof but that was probably bulls**t. I remember on the bus ride home a friend of mine waved at one of those guys that wore a black suit and the dude flashed the "Peace sign".
Lakeville is kinda stereotyped as being a mega conservative town in Minnesota, which is a blue state. Sadly, I can't disagree. A lot of students were wannabe hillbillies. Allegedly, some students put a confederate flag on the flag pole and made a black girl have a panic attack.

Overall I didn't like McCain very much. Almost everything I can say about him is negative. But I kinda pine for the days when politicians acted like him. Most detractors of Obama today would have taken the "Arab" line and ran with it. He also had the courage to vote against Trump. People branded him a "Party traitor". f**k that. He used common sense and didn't capitulate to what everyone else says he should have done. I didn't like him, I never will, but man at least he didn't get into literal dick measuring contests.

Olivia Bauer

Also, a really weird thing to note, McCain's mother Roberta is still alive.

Leah

I might have not agreed with his policies, but he was one of a few GOP members to stand up against Trump, and he was for the country well being (sans bombing every country)
yeah no.

BoyScoutKevin

Whatever we may think about him, and like many here, I did not always agree with him politically, but I liked him as a man. For we have here one of the most momentous passings of recent memory. Not only a passing of a patriot and a politician, but the passing of the old Republican Party as we knew it. What it will become under Trump, no one knows. R.I.P. John. You will be missed.

Pacman000

Quote from: A.J. Bauer on August 28, 2018, 10:10:02 AM
Also, a really weird thing to note, McCain's mother Roberta is still alive.
That's sad; it's always terrible to loose a child.  :bluesad:

lester1/2jr

Quotebut the passing of the old Republican Party as we knew it

he wasn't part of the old republican party as we knew it. they all hated him. He was a "republican" the press adored because he really wasn't one

He replaced Barry goldwater as senator from Arizona. THAT was the republican party Taft, Goldwater, reagan, etc