Bad Movie Logo
"A website to the detriment of good film"
Custom Search
HOMEB-MOVIE REVIEWSREADER REVIEWSFORUMINTERVIEWSUPDATESABOUT
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
April 25, 2024, 12:38:52 PM
714362 Posts in 53095 Topics by 7742 Members
Latest Member: KathleneKa
Badmovies.org Forum  |  Other Topics  |  Off Topic Discussion  |  The All-Purpose Political Thread « previous next »
Pages: 1 ... 36 37 [38] 39
Author Topic: The All-Purpose Political Thread  (Read 119079 times)
El Misfit
[Insert witty here]
B-Movie Kraken

Hi there!

« Reply #555 on: December 18, 2019, 09:24:54 PM »

Well the House voted to Impeach Trump. How much longer are we going to witness this s**t show continue to unfold?

yeah no.
lester1/2jr
B-Movie Kraken

« Reply #556 on: December 18, 2019, 10:41:40 PM »

I don't get it. I don't even understand what hes accused of. not giving money to the ukraine? impeach all of them for giving our tax dollars to the ukraine in the first place
Allhallowsday
B-Movie Kraken

Either he's dead or my watch has stopped!

« Reply #557 on: December 18, 2019, 11:02:56 PM »

Bwaahahahahahahahaha...

If you want to view paradise . . . simply look around and view it!
indianasmith
Archeologist, Theologian, Elder Scrolls Addict, and a
B-Movie Kraken

A good bad movie is like popcorn for the soul!

« Reply #558 on: December 18, 2019, 11:07:44 PM »

My FB post from tonight:

It is a sad day for our country.
Only three times in all of history has the House voted to impeach a President, and not once has a President been convicted in the Senate. This one won't, either. That is no reflection on his innocence or guilt. It's very clear (to me, at least) that Andrew Johnson WAS guilty of violating the Tenure of Office Act and obstructing Congress, but he was acquitted. Bill Clinton was clearly guilty of perjury and obstruction of justice, but he was acquitted. Donald Trump is clearly guilty of violating Federal election laws and abusing his power by asking Ukraine to dig up dirt on his political opponent - but he won't be convicted either.

But, like all his predecessors, he will stand before the bar of history. When all the "fire and fury", to borrow a phrase, of the current political climate has faded, and the deeds of this President and the policies of his administration have played out and borne their fruit, a verdict will be reached.

I wish I could step a hundred years into the future and see what it is.

"I shall smite you in the nostrils with a rod of iron, and wax your spleen with Efferdent!!"
Rev. Powell
Global Moderator
B-Movie Kraken

Click on that globe for 366 Weird Movies

« Reply #559 on: December 19, 2019, 08:53:56 AM »

I don't get it. I don't even understand what hes accused of. not giving money to the ukraine? impeach all of them for giving our tax dollars to the ukraine in the first place

I'm sure you're kidding, but he's accused of conditioning the release of funds legally appropriated by Congress to Ukraine on their government announcing investigations into his political opponent in the upcoming elections. He's guilty, too, and should be removed from office (but won't be).

The fact that you believe foreign aid to Ukraine is bad policy is irrelevant to the question of whether the President abused his power. You can't impeach Congressmen for legally exercising their authority, just don't vote for them. You'd love my Congressman, he's exactly your type, no foreign or military aid ever to anyone for any reason.

I'll take you places the hand of man has not yet set foot...
lester1/2jr
B-Movie Kraken

« Reply #560 on: December 19, 2019, 01:45:35 PM »

I seriously doubt Trump was concerned enough about Biden as a candidate that he sought to dig up stuff on him. Trump is full of himself.
Rev. Powell
Global Moderator
B-Movie Kraken

« Reply #561 on: December 19, 2019, 03:04:58 PM »

I seriously doubt Trump was concerned enough about Biden as a candidate that he sought to dig up stuff on him. Trump is full of himself.

So you do understand what Trump's accused of, you just believe he has some sort of legitimate reason for asking Zelenskiy to investigate Biden. I think that's a stretch. The point is moot because Republicans have more than the 1/3 minority they need and have already announced they're going to acquit him.

lester1/2jr
B-Movie Kraken

« Reply #562 on: December 19, 2019, 09:19:20 PM »

I thought the whole thing was about Russia? seems like a fishing expedition
RCMerchant
Bela
B-Movie Kraken

"Charlie,we're in HELL!"-"yeah,ain't it groovy?!"

« Reply #563 on: December 19, 2019, 09:47:59 PM »

^ No, it sounds like "I got away with it once-let's try it again!"

"Supernatural?...perhaps. Baloney?...Perhaps not!" Bela Lugosi-the BLACK CAT (1934)
Interviewer-"Does Dracula ever end for you?
Lugosi-"No. Dracula-never ends."

Slobber, Drool, Drip!
https://www.tumblr.com/ronmerchant
Rev. Powell
Global Moderator
B-Movie Kraken

« Reply #564 on: December 19, 2019, 09:53:05 PM »

I thought the whole thing was about Russia? seems like a fishing expedition

You must be joking, though I confess I don't really get it. Some other less informed people might be confused by your joke. The impeachment is about Trump's pressure on Ukraine. There was no fishing expedition, it was started by a government whistleblower. The current impeachment isn't related to the Mueller investigation.

Here are the actual articles themselves: https://judiciary.house.gov/sites/democrats.judiciary.house.gov/files/documents/Articles%20of%20Impeachment.pdf

chefzombie
zombie chef to the stars
Frightening Fanatic of Horrible Cinema

« Reply #565 on: December 19, 2019, 11:24:33 PM »

i HOPE lester's joking...but i'm not betting a dime on it. he'd like my brother.

don't EVEN...EVER!
El Misfit
[Insert witty here]
B-Movie Kraken

Hi there!

« Reply #566 on: December 20, 2019, 01:40:49 AM »

It's gotten to the point where I want to tie up both liberals and conservatives and burn them at the stake. BURN THEM ALL.

yeah no.
RCMerchant
Bela
B-Movie Kraken

"Charlie,we're in HELL!"-"yeah,ain't it groovy?!"

« Reply #567 on: December 20, 2019, 02:16:45 AM »

^  BounceGiggle BounceGiggle BounceGiggle Drink

Small | Large

"Supernatural?...perhaps. Baloney?...Perhaps not!" Bela Lugosi-the BLACK CAT (1934)
Interviewer-"Does Dracula ever end for you?
Lugosi-"No. Dracula-never ends."

Slobber, Drool, Drip!
https://www.tumblr.com/ronmerchant
lester1/2jr
B-Movie Kraken

« Reply #568 on: December 20, 2019, 11:09:00 AM »

I just read he wikipedia about it. I hadn' been following it. So he thought there was some kind of interference in the 2016 election and Hunter Biden Joe's ne'r do well son was involved or something? THIS is what people think a president should be IMPEACHED for?
Rev. Powell
Global Moderator
B-Movie Kraken

« Reply #569 on: December 20, 2019, 11:27:53 AM »

I just read he wikipedia about it. I hadn' been following it. So he thought there was some kind of interference in the 2016 election and Hunter Biden Joe's ne'r do well son was involved or something? THIS is what people think a president should be IMPEACHED for?

I explained it before. He's not being impeached for his suspicions, he's being impeached for conditioning the release of duly apportioned aid on a favor from a foreign government. I give up.

Pages: 1 ... 36 37 [38] 39
Badmovies.org Forum  |  Other Topics  |  Off Topic Discussion  |  The All-Purpose Political Thread « previous next »
    Jump to:  

RSS Feed Subscribe Subscribe by RSS
    Email Subscribe Subscribe by Email

Popular Articles
    How To Find A Bad Movie

The Champions of Justice

Plan 9 from Outer Space

Manos, The Hands of Fate

Podcast: Todd the Convenience Store Clerk

Faster, Pussycat! Kill! Kill!

Dragonball: The Magic Begins

Cool As Ice

The Educational Archives: Driver's Ed

Godzilla vs. Monster Zero

Do you have a zombie plan?

FROM THE BADMOVIES.ORG ARCHIVES
    ImageThe Giant Claw - Slime drop

Earth is visited by a GIANT ANTIMATTER SPACE BUZZARD! Gawk at the amazingly bad bird puppet, or chuckle over the silly dialog. This is one of the greatest b-movies ever made.

Lesson Learned:
    • Osmosis: os·mo·sis (oz-mo'sis, os-) n., 1. When a bird eats something.

Subscribe to Badmovies.org and get updates by email:

HOME B-Movie Reviews Reader Reviews Forum Interviews TV Shows Advertising Information Sideshows Links Contact

Badmovies.org is owned and operated by Andrew Borntreger. All original content is © 1998 - 2014 by its respective author(s). Image, video, and audio files are used in accordance with the Fair Use Law, and are property of the film copyright holders. You may freely link to any page (.html or .php) on this website, but reproduction in any other form must be authorized by the copyright holder.