Main Menu

Memes n' stuff of the day

Started by Rev. Powell, April 17, 2019, 08:16:48 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

indianasmith

Quote from: Rev. Powell on June 01, 2023, 05:44:56 PM
^^I bet he quoted the wrong image.

yeah, I meant to quote the one about the best fighter of WW2.
"I shall smite you in the nostrils with a rod of iron, and wax your spleen with Efferdent!!"

Allhallowsday

If you want to view paradise . . . simply look around and view it!

Alex

Quote from: indianasmith on June 01, 2023, 05:09:05 PM
Quote from: Alex on June 01, 2023, 02:57:28 PM

Audie Murphy.

Sorry, but I'd still rather have taken on Audie Murphy in his prime than face one Gurkha.
I'll show you ruin
I'll show you heartbreak
I'll show you lonely
A sorrow in darkness

LilCerberus

"Science Fiction & Nostalgia have become the same thing!" - T Bone Burnett
The world runs off money, even for those with a warped sense of what the world is.

LilCerberus

The world runs off money, even for those with a warped sense of what the world is.

Ticonderoga 64

Rev. Powell

I'll take you places the hand of man has not yet set foot...

RCMerchant

Supernatural?...perhaps. Baloney?...Perhaps not!" Bela Lugosi-the BLACK CAT (1934)
Interviewer-"Does Dracula ever end for you?
Lugosi-"No. Dracula-never ends."
Slobber, Drool, Drip!
https://www.tumblr.com/ronmerchant

ER

^ Cute. It's sadly common, though, to associate religion with God. One was made by people, the other made people. Religion is another form of tribalism and tribalism has always easily translated into hate because of the xenophobia innate in the constant competition that lies at the heart of evolution, which we humans are inescapably part of. "If you're not with us, you're against us" is a mentality found in sports, nations, religions, social clubs, and politics. In darn near everything. I don't think we can overcome that because being in a pack is too closely rooted to survival of the fittest. So hate is with us to stay, wherever it flourishes.
What does not kill me makes me stranger.

Alex

Quote from: ER on June 04, 2023, 12:38:00 PM
^ Cute. It's sadly common, though, to associate religion with God. One was made by people, the other made people. Religion is another form of tribalism and tribalism has always easily translated into hate because of the xenophobia innate in the constant competition that lies at the heart of evolution, which we humans are inescapably part of. "If you're not with us, you're against us" is a mentality found in sports, nations, religions, social clubs, and politics. In darn near everything. I don't think we can overcome that because being in a pack is too closely rooted to survival of the fittest. So hate is with us to stay, wherever it flourishes.

Did you hear that the bible is now joining the list of books banned in some schools in the US due to the violence and vulgarity in it?
I'll show you ruin
I'll show you heartbreak
I'll show you lonely
A sorrow in darkness

RCMerchant

To each his own. I don't like religion or believe in a god.
Supernatural?...perhaps. Baloney?...Perhaps not!" Bela Lugosi-the BLACK CAT (1934)
Interviewer-"Does Dracula ever end for you?
Lugosi-"No. Dracula-never ends."
Slobber, Drool, Drip!
https://www.tumblr.com/ronmerchant

ER

Quote from: Alex on June 04, 2023, 01:32:03 PM

Did you hear that the bible is now joining the list of books banned in some schools in the US due to the violence and vulgarity in it?

As if banning a book ever accomplished anything, eh? People just do the same dumb stuff over and over.

Alex

Quote from: ER on June 04, 2023, 02:49:54 PM

As if banning a book ever accomplished anything, eh? People just do the same dumb stuff over and over.

I've always found there is nothing quite like banning something to generate a market and make people want it.
I'll show you ruin
I'll show you heartbreak
I'll show you lonely
A sorrow in darkness

LilCerberus

Quote from: Alex on June 04, 2023, 03:12:42 PM
Quote from: ER on June 04, 2023, 02:49:54 PM

I've always found there is nothing quite like banning something to generate a market and make people want it.
That's why some of the classics are being rewritten, vice banned...
Still there to be read, but with the bad parts changed or removed.....

ER

I'm surprised moralists haven't gone after Jane Austen for her blatant literary efforts to stamp out virginity. Beginning of her novels, virgin heroines, by the end, rompin' with the Regency bucks with their high-waisted gowns flung up around their ears. Bad influence.