Bad Movie Logo
"A website to the detriment of good film"
Custom Search
HOMEB-MOVIE REVIEWSREADER REVIEWSFORUMINTERVIEWSUPDATESABOUT
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
March 28, 2024, 07:04:21 AM
713325 Posts in 53055 Topics by 7725 Members
Latest Member: wibwao
Badmovies.org Forum  |  Other Topics  |  Television  |  New LOONEY TUNES shorts coming soon... « previous next »
Pages: [1]
Author Topic: New LOONEY TUNES shorts coming soon...  (Read 5703 times)
FatFreddysCat
Movies, Metal, Beer!
Frightening Fanatic of Horrible Cinema

« on: June 14, 2019, 10:33:36 AM »

I'm sure there must be a few vintage cartoon buffs around here who will find this interesting.

Apparently Warner Bros. Animation is reviving the "classic" format Looney Tunes shorts with an upcoming new series called "Looney Tunes Cartoons."

A sample of one of the new toons, "Dynamite Dance," hit YouTube today and while it doesn't look exactly the same as the golden oldies, it looks like it's got the right spirit. The ultimate proof will be when we get to hear some of the voice work, of course.

Error 404 (Not Found)!!1 Small | Large

Hype:
"Looney Tunes Cartoons is a series of new short form cartoons starring the iconic and beloved Looney Tunes characters. With a crew of some of the premier artists working in animation today, each “season” will produce 1,000 minutes of all-new Looney Tunes animation that will be distributed across multiple platforms — including digital, mobile and broadcast.

Looney Tunes Cartoons echoes the high production value and process of the original Looney Tunes theatrical shorts, with a cartoonist-driven approach to storytelling. Bugs Bunny, Daffy Duck, Porky Pig and other marquee Looney Tunes characters will be featured in their classic pairings in simple, gag-driven and visually vibrant stories. Each cartoon will vary from one to six minutes in length and, from the premise on through to the jokes, will be “written” and drawn by the cartoonists, allowing their own personality and style to come through in each cartoon.

Looney Tunes Cartoons is produced by Warner Bros. Animation and features veteran Looney Tunes voice cast members, including Eric Bauza, Jeff Bergman and Bob Bergen. Sam Register (Teen Titans Go!) and Peter Browngardt (Uncle Grandpa) serve as executive producers."

Hey, HEY, kids! Check out my way-cool Music and Movie Review blog on HubPages!
http://hubpages.com/@fatfreddyscat
Gabriel Knight
Bad Movie Lover

« Reply #1 on: June 14, 2019, 12:02:20 PM »

The animation is waaaay too modern. It doesn't feel like a Looney Toones short at all, at least to me.  Bluesad
I recently watched some Wile E. Coyote and the Road Runner episodes, which were by far my favorites, and they're nothing like that hiperactive garbage.

Check my crappy and unpopular reviews and ratings:

https://www.imdb.com/user/ur85652268/?ref_=nv_usr_prof_2
chainsaw midget

« Reply #2 on: June 14, 2019, 04:22:19 PM »

Elmer seems a bit too modern, but otherwise I thought it did a great job a capturing the feel of the old cartoons.
Alex
B-Movie Kraken

« Reply #3 on: June 14, 2019, 05:43:45 PM »

Time moves on. Alas, they are never going to just redo things exactly as they were for us, rather updating them for today's kids. I wouldn't mind seeing some new Pinky & The Brain though.

But do you understand That none of this will matter Nothing can take your pain away
Jim H

« Reply #4 on: July 22, 2019, 10:15:30 PM »

The quality of the animation on this is far, far better than anything else from the Looney Tunes in the past couple decades, so that's nice to see.  They're even clearly using some old school techniques you don't see much like smears.  Pretty neat.  I just hope they've got good voices and scenario writers - animation is very important in them, but it's not the only thing.
Bushma

« Reply #5 on: July 23, 2019, 07:26:40 AM »

My only complaint was the sound.  The explosions just didn't sound right.  Over all I really enjoyed it, and I plan on watching more.

This is my awesome signature.  Jealous?
Svengoolie 3

« Reply #6 on: July 23, 2019, 12:28:46 PM »

I's sure that these new cartoons will have to pass a panel of experts to make sure they don't offend anyone who ca;t be offended, have the right amount of diversity, don't say anything that could make an advertiser mad, etc...

The doctor that circumcised Trump threw away the wrong piece.
WingedSerpent

I AM THE BAD PHOTOSHOP EFFECT!

« Reply #7 on: July 23, 2019, 03:12:47 PM »

Doesn't look too bad.  I will want to see more.  They should just go full in on the idea that these are new shorts and start showing them before WB movies.Like whmake them their equivalent to the Disney/Pixar shorts.    They'd  be a perfect compliment to the DCEU films.  

At least, that's what Gary Busey told me...
Rev. Powell
Global Moderator
B-Movie Kraken

Click on that globe for 366 Weird Movies

« Reply #8 on: July 23, 2019, 04:07:27 PM »

I saw some of these on a recent airline flight. One had Yosemite Sam. Pretty forgettable, actually.

I'll take you places the hand of man has not yet set foot...
RCMerchant
Bela
B-Movie Kraken

"Charlie,we're in HELL!"-"yeah,ain't it groovy?!"

« Reply #9 on: July 23, 2019, 08:24:13 PM »

I enjoyed that short very much! BUT...like Jim H- I need to hear the new voices. Mel Blanc is gonna be hard to replace.

"Supernatural?...perhaps. Baloney?...Perhaps not!" Bela Lugosi-the BLACK CAT (1934)
Interviewer-"Does Dracula ever end for you?
Lugosi-"No. Dracula-never ends."

Slobber, Drool, Drip!
https://www.tumblr.com/ronmerchant
FatFreddysCat
Movies, Metal, Beer!

« Reply #10 on: July 24, 2019, 06:09:26 AM »

I enjoyed that short very much! BUT...like Jim H- I need to hear the new voices. Mel Blanc is gonna be hard to replace.

Here's a clip of Eric Bauza, the voice artist who does Daffy, Bugs, Tweety, and Pepe Le Pew. Sounds pretty good to me.

Small | Large

Hey, HEY, kids! Check out my way-cool Music and Movie Review blog on HubPages!
http://hubpages.com/@fatfreddyscat
Bushma

« Reply #11 on: July 24, 2019, 08:07:04 AM »

I's sure that these new cartoons will have to pass a panel of experts to make sure they don't offend anyone who ca;t be offended, have the right amount of diversity, don't say anything that could make an advertiser mad, etc...

I want to laugh but I'm sure you're right.  No more Pepe La Pew and no more Speedy Gonzales at least.

Who else do you think we won't see anymore?

This is my awesome signature.  Jealous?
Svengoolie 3

« Reply #12 on: July 31, 2019, 06:20:37 PM »

Looney tunes fans,

The doctor that circumcised Trump threw away the wrong piece.
Pages: [1]
Badmovies.org Forum  |  Other Topics  |  Television  |  New LOONEY TUNES shorts coming soon... « previous next »
    Jump to:  

RSS Feed Subscribe Subscribe by RSS
    Email Subscribe Subscribe by Email

Popular Articles
    How To Find A Bad Movie

The Champions of Justice

Plan 9 from Outer Space

Manos, The Hands of Fate

Podcast: Todd the Convenience Store Clerk

Faster, Pussycat! Kill! Kill!

Dragonball: The Magic Begins

Cool As Ice

The Educational Archives: Driver's Ed

Godzilla vs. Monster Zero

Do you have a zombie plan?

FROM THE BADMOVIES.ORG ARCHIVES
    ImageThe Giant Claw - Slime drop

Earth is visited by a GIANT ANTIMATTER SPACE BUZZARD! Gawk at the amazingly bad bird puppet, or chuckle over the silly dialog. This is one of the greatest b-movies ever made.

Lesson Learned:
    • Osmosis: os·mo·sis (oz-mo'sis, os-) n., 1. When a bird eats something.

Subscribe to Badmovies.org and get updates by email:

HOME B-Movie Reviews Reader Reviews Forum Interviews TV Shows Advertising Information Sideshows Links Contact

Badmovies.org is owned and operated by Andrew Borntreger. All original content is © 1998 - 2014 by its respective author(s). Image, video, and audio files are used in accordance with the Fair Use Law, and are property of the film copyright holders. You may freely link to any page (.html or .php) on this website, but reproduction in any other form must be authorized by the copyright holder.