Bad Movie Logo
"A website to the detriment of good film"
Custom Search
HOMEB-MOVIE REVIEWSREADER REVIEWSFORUMINTERVIEWSUPDATESABOUT
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
March 28, 2024, 01:05:17 PM
713351 Posts in 53056 Topics by 7725 Members
Latest Member: wibwao
Badmovies.org Forum  |  Other Topics  |  Television  |  One Season TV series « previous next »
Pages: 1 [2] 3
Author Topic: One Season TV series  (Read 21272 times)
ralfy
Bad Movie Lover

« Reply #15 on: September 27, 2019, 09:57:13 AM »

Decalogue
The Burgomaster
Aggravating People Worldwide Since 1964
Frightening Fanatic of Horrible Cinema

« Reply #16 on: September 27, 2019, 04:46:20 PM »

* MY BIG FAT GREEK LIFE (2003) - Lasted only 7 episodes. I watched episode #1 and couldn't believe how bad it was. I like the movie, though.

* BEYOND WESTWORLD (1980) - Couldn't survive beyond 5 episodes.

* FREEBIE AND THE BEAN (1980 - 81) - The movie is one of my guilty pleasures. I don't think I ever saw the TV series.

* SERPICO (1976 - 77) - David Birney wasn't no Al Pacino . . .

* SHAFT (1973 - 74) - Blaxploitation comes to television . . . for 7 episodes, anyway.

* GET CHRISTIE LOVE! (1974 - 75) - Blaxploitation comes to television . . . for 23 episodes, anyway.

* STRUCK BY LIGHTNING (1979) - Jack Elam as Frankenstein's monster in a sit-com! For 5 episodes, anyway.

"Do not walk behind me, for I may not lead. Do not walk ahead of me, for I may not follow. Do not walk beside me either. Just pretty much leave me the hell alone."
Rev. Powell
Global Moderator
B-Movie Kraken

Click on that globe for 366 Weird Movies

« Reply #17 on: September 27, 2019, 09:46:22 PM »

Wow, not a single mention of "Freaks and Geeks" so far.

I'll take you places the hand of man has not yet set foot...
bob
I survived Bucky Larson

Torgo watches you masterbate!

« Reply #18 on: September 27, 2019, 10:10:46 PM »

I loved this show as a youngster

Deadly Games, starring Christopher Lloyd

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Deadly_Games

Kubrick, Nolan, Tarantino, Wan, Iñárritu, Scorsese, Chaplin, Abrams, Wes Anderson, Gilliam, Kurosawa - the elite

I believe in the international communist conspiracy to sap and impurify all of our precious bodily fluids.
Sitting Duck
Bad Movie Lover

« Reply #19 on: September 29, 2019, 08:52:37 AM »

Technically Special Unit 2 ran for two seasons. But at nineteen episodes, it feels like a one season wonder. If you're not familiar, it centers around a semi-clandestine section of the Chicago PD that deals with monsters (presented as preternatural entities) causing trouble in the city. A running gag is that, while the characters are willing to accept the existence of just about any type of monster, vampires are considered to be ridiculous.
Svengoolie 3

« Reply #20 on: September 30, 2019, 02:04:37 AM »

Wow, not a single mention of "Freaks and Geeks" so far.

Not big on this show but I respected it for using a Joan Jett song for the theme.

The doctor that circumcised Trump threw away the wrong piece.
WingedSerpent

I AM THE BAD PHOTOSHOP EFFECT!

« Reply #21 on: October 10, 2019, 11:44:37 PM »

Here's an interesting one.  Wasn't one I liked, but the story about it is fascinating.

Father of the Pride
Small | Large

An animated show from DreamWorks -the studio who made the Shrek movies.  Its about the life of the big cats Sigfred and Roy used in their magic show.  

This show was doomed from the start.  

First off, it was one of the most expensive half hour shows produced at the time, at over 2 million dollars per episode.   Secondly, the writing was terrible.  Too many people still think you can skimp on that when it comes to animated shows.

Then came the biggest hit against the show.  Just before it aired, Roy Horn was attacked by one of the tigers they used in their shows.  

The universe itself was trying to stop this show.

At least, that's what Gary Busey told me...
Gabriel Knight
Bad Movie Lover

« Reply #22 on: October 11, 2019, 06:25:45 AM »

Here's an interesting one.  Wasn't one I liked, but the story about it is fascinating.

Father of the Pride

An animated show from DreamWorks -the studio who made the Shrek movies.  Its about the life of the big cats Sigfred and Roy used in their magic show.  

This show was doomed from the start.  

First off, it was one of the most expensive half hour shows produced at the time, at over 2 million dollars per episode.   Secondly, the writing was terrible.  Too many people still think you can skimp on that when it comes to animated shows.

Then came the biggest hit against the show.  Just before it aired, Roy Horn was attacked by one of the tigers they used in their shows.  

The universe itself was trying to stop this show.

I remember that one. It wasn't bad, but it simply wasn't funny. Like, at all. So it was like watching a s**tty sitcom but with animated lions. The result was a powerful sense of stupidity from my part, kinda like "why the f**k I'm watching this s**t?".

Check my crappy and unpopular reviews and ratings:

https://www.imdb.com/user/ur85652268/?ref_=nv_usr_prof_2
ralfy
Bad Movie Lover

« Reply #23 on: October 13, 2019, 01:20:56 AM »

Check out this obscure TV show from 1969: The New People[/i]]=http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/The_New_PeopleThe New People.

The New People is a 1969 American television series on ABC that focused on a group of young college students who were returning from a trip in Southeast Asia when their plane crashed on an island in the south Pacific Ocean. The crash killed several of the college students, and all but one of the adults, who was badly injured and later died. The surviving students were the only human life remaining on the island. The island was unusual in that it had been built up as a site for a potential above-ground nuclear test which never took place, leaving all of the buildings and (improbably) supplies untouched and ready for use by the survivors.[1]

A TV spot:

Error 404 (Not Found)!!1 Small | Large

and the pilot episode:

Gabriel Knight
Bad Movie Lover

« Reply #24 on: April 30, 2021, 11:07:28 AM »

I'm resurrecting this because it has very interesting stories, and perhaps someone has something else to add.

Check my crappy and unpopular reviews and ratings:

https://www.imdb.com/user/ur85652268/?ref_=nv_usr_prof_2
pacman000
« Reply #25 on: April 30, 2021, 11:30:55 AM »

You Wish

After Sabrina, the Teenage Witch was a success, ABC approved a couple other fantasy sitcoms, one of which was You Wish. watched it regularly, but it didn't last.
jinx
New Visitor

« Reply #26 on: July 19, 2021, 05:33:28 AM »

A show called Awake

Cop loves in one world and when he falls asleep he's in another but the crimes start to occur between worlds.

Was great but NBC cancelled it after 1 season :(
chainsaw midget

« Reply #27 on: July 19, 2021, 07:52:17 AM »

Clerks the animated series was hilarious, but it only got one season. 
Actually it didn't even get that.  Two episodes (out of six) were aired before they pulled the plug. 
pacman000
« Reply #28 on: July 19, 2021, 11:20:20 AM »

Alcatraz https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=V514ACIGp_k

I enjoyed this, but it was canceled just as it was getting good.  Bluesad
zombie no.one

Oookaay...

« Reply #29 on: October 24, 2021, 12:46:34 PM »

MANIMAL

* BEYOND WESTWORLD (1980) - Couldn't survive beyond 5 episodes.

have this on DVD... wonder if it's the only tv series cancelled midway thru its own 1st season to have an official DVD release?

The Mandela Effect is a Mandela Effect
Pages: 1 [2] 3
Badmovies.org Forum  |  Other Topics  |  Television  |  One Season TV series « previous next »
    Jump to:  

RSS Feed Subscribe Subscribe by RSS
    Email Subscribe Subscribe by Email

Popular Articles
    How To Find A Bad Movie

The Champions of Justice

Plan 9 from Outer Space

Manos, The Hands of Fate

Podcast: Todd the Convenience Store Clerk

Faster, Pussycat! Kill! Kill!

Dragonball: The Magic Begins

Cool As Ice

The Educational Archives: Driver's Ed

Godzilla vs. Monster Zero

Do you have a zombie plan?

FROM THE BADMOVIES.ORG ARCHIVES
    ImageThe Giant Claw - Slime drop

Earth is visited by a GIANT ANTIMATTER SPACE BUZZARD! Gawk at the amazingly bad bird puppet, or chuckle over the silly dialog. This is one of the greatest b-movies ever made.

Lesson Learned:
    • Osmosis: os·mo·sis (oz-mo'sis, os-) n., 1. When a bird eats something.

Subscribe to Badmovies.org and get updates by email:

HOME B-Movie Reviews Reader Reviews Forum Interviews TV Shows Advertising Information Sideshows Links Contact

Badmovies.org is owned and operated by Andrew Borntreger. All original content is © 1998 - 2014 by its respective author(s). Image, video, and audio files are used in accordance with the Fair Use Law, and are property of the film copyright holders. You may freely link to any page (.html or .php) on this website, but reproduction in any other form must be authorized by the copyright holder.