Bad Movie Logo
"A website to the detriment of good film"
Custom Search
HOMEB-MOVIE REVIEWSREADER REVIEWSFORUMINTERVIEWSUPDATESABOUT
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
April 26, 2024, 12:24:40 AM
714392 Posts in 53096 Topics by 7742 Members
Latest Member: KathleneKa
Badmovies.org Forum  |  Other Topics  |  Off Topic Discussion  |  Hemp uses? « previous next »
Pages: [1]
Author Topic: Hemp uses?  (Read 1801 times)
Svengoolie 3
Frightening Fanatic of Horrible Cinema

« on: October 15, 2019, 09:30:48 PM »

Ok I want to try having a mature and informed discussion about hemp, not marijuana. Hemp contains so little THC it's basically impossible to use it as a drug.

I have heard hemp produces paper faster than wood based plants, produces useful fabric faster and for far less water than cotton and produces more oxygen per acre than trees. Its advocates tout a laundry list of benefits to industrial use of hemp and do emphasize people will not be "getting high" on it.

There are claims it can make plastic sthat are as useful as any petroleum based plastic and far more eco friendly to make and use. Also it can be used to make hemp based concrete called hempcrete that is fully use able in any role concrete can be used in.

Personally I favor its use in industry as I believe its banning in america was foolish and a hysterical kneejerk reaction to "reefer madness", the overhyped fear of marijuana created by ignorant alarmists in the 1920s

I'm interested in what real people, not organizations with a vested interest in the matter, have to say here.

Here is an article from a site that has a clear bias in he matter, but having a bias does not automatically make an advocate of a position a liar.

https://www.treehugger.com/environmental-policy/perfect-plant-7-great-uses-for-industrial-hemp.html

The bottom line with those that oppose hemp seems to bve "But think of the children who will get high on it and have their lives ruined!!! "

The doctor that circumcised Trump threw away the wrong piece.
Pages: [1]
Badmovies.org Forum  |  Other Topics  |  Off Topic Discussion  |  Hemp uses? « previous next »
    Jump to:  

RSS Feed Subscribe Subscribe by RSS
    Email Subscribe Subscribe by Email

Popular Articles
    How To Find A Bad Movie

The Champions of Justice

Plan 9 from Outer Space

Manos, The Hands of Fate

Podcast: Todd the Convenience Store Clerk

Faster, Pussycat! Kill! Kill!

Dragonball: The Magic Begins

Cool As Ice

The Educational Archives: Driver's Ed

Godzilla vs. Monster Zero

Do you have a zombie plan?

FROM THE BADMOVIES.ORG ARCHIVES
    ImageThe Giant Claw - Slime drop

Earth is visited by a GIANT ANTIMATTER SPACE BUZZARD! Gawk at the amazingly bad bird puppet, or chuckle over the silly dialog. This is one of the greatest b-movies ever made.

Lesson Learned:
    • Osmosis: os·mo·sis (oz-mo'sis, os-) n., 1. When a bird eats something.

Subscribe to Badmovies.org and get updates by email:

HOME B-Movie Reviews Reader Reviews Forum Interviews TV Shows Advertising Information Sideshows Links Contact

Badmovies.org is owned and operated by Andrew Borntreger. All original content is © 1998 - 2014 by its respective author(s). Image, video, and audio files are used in accordance with the Fair Use Law, and are property of the film copyright holders. You may freely link to any page (.html or .php) on this website, but reproduction in any other form must be authorized by the copyright holder.