Bad Movie Logo
"A website to the detriment of good film"
Custom Search
HOMEB-MOVIE REVIEWSREADER REVIEWSFORUMINTERVIEWSUPDATESABOUT
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
March 28, 2024, 06:31:35 AM
713325 Posts in 53055 Topics by 7725 Members
Latest Member: wibwao
Badmovies.org Forum  |  Movies  |  Good Movies  |  Recent Viewings, Part 2 « previous next »
Pages: 1 ... 71 72 [73] 74 75 ... 244
Author Topic: Recent Viewings, Part 2  (Read 600675 times)
Dr. Whom
Frightening Fanatic of Horrible Cinema

Cthulhu for president! Why choose the lesser evil?

« Reply #1080 on: May 01, 2021, 04:31:20 AM »

What We Do in the Shadows (2014)

Jemaine Clement and Taika Waititi's hilarious take on Interview With The Vampire (with a hint of Nosferatu). Highly recommended.

"Once you get past a certain threshold, everyone's problems are the same: fortifying your island and hiding the heat signature from your fusion reactor."

Wenn ist das Nunstück git und Slotermeyer? Ja! ... Beiherhund das Oder die Flipperwaldt gersput.
Rev. Powell
Global Moderator
B-Movie Kraken

Click on that globe for 366 Weird Movies

« Reply #1081 on: May 01, 2021, 08:55:27 AM »

MST3K: HUMAN DUPLICATORS: The unmemorable movie has alien Richard Kiel creating android duplictates of scientists as part of a plan to conquer Earth. In Deep 13, Frank and Dr. Forrester have a case of the giggles over their invention. Another one I missed in its original run; not a standout episode but like everything in season 4 it's pretty good. 3/5.

I'll take you places the hand of man has not yet set foot...
lester1/2jr
B-Movie Kraken

« Reply #1082 on: May 01, 2021, 02:12:15 PM »

F/X (1986) - This is one of those movies I'd seen but forgotten everything about so it was like seeing it for the first time. The story is good, but the execution is pretty clunky by today's standards. I don't think a professional crook would warn someone they are about to shoot them in the backseat of the car right before they do it. Audience's suspension of disbelief was a bit higher in the 80's than now though.

A special effects guy ( the Australian guy who was also in Cocktail then faded into obscurity) gets a strange offer: the government wants him to orchestrate a fake assassination of a mob guy so they can put him into witness relocation. It wouldn't be much of a movie if everything went according to plan, so it becomes a battle between various elements of the state with a whiff of 70's conspiracy movies.

good movie that everyone has I'm sure already seen

4.5 /5
FatFreddysCat
Movies, Metal, Beer!

« Reply #1083 on: May 01, 2021, 08:39:58 PM »

"The Happytime Murders" (2018)
Set in a world where Muppet style characters live alongside humans, a puppet P.I. and a loud mouth L.A.P.D. policewoman (Melissa McCarthy) team up to find out who's murdering the cast of a popular puppet TV show. Yes, it's just as weird as it sounds.
Jim Henson's son Brian directed this bizarre, raunchy, foul-mouthed action comedy that's sort of like a mash up of "Meet the Feebles" and "Lethal Weapon." I have a feeling that his Dad would not have approved of this movie, but I thought it was good for a few cheap, dumb laughs.

Hey, HEY, kids! Check out my way-cool Music and Movie Review blog on HubPages!
http://hubpages.com/@fatfreddyscat
FatFreddysCat
Movies, Metal, Beer!

« Reply #1084 on: May 02, 2021, 04:01:54 PM »

"Forget About It" (2006)
Three old friends (Burt Reynolds, Charles Durning, and Robert Loggia) who live in an Arizona retirement village get mixed up with the Mafia and the FBI when they find a suitcase filled with stolen cash buried in the desert. So basically this is a mobbed-up "Grumpy Old Men." 
Burt and his pals are clearly doing the best they can with this thin material (and Raquel Welch, who plays the foxy neighbor that all three guys have a crush on, still looks fabulous in her 60s) but the movie's cheap, TV sitcom production values and dopey script sink this one pretty quick. Skip it.

Alex
B-Movie Kraken

« Reply #1085 on: May 03, 2021, 03:46:00 AM »

The House of Screaming Death.

An attempt to recapture the feeling of the old portmanteau movies. Despite the presence of a familiar face (Ian McNiece), I felt it fell somewhat flat. Would not recommend alas.

Willys Wonderland.

Nic Cage gets a job cleaning up an abandoned amusement arcade in return for getting his car fixed up. He spends the whole film not speaking, isn't phased by the existence of killer animatronics, likes energy drinks and can kick arse. Nothing about his character is explained which felt somewhat frustrating (at some points I was expecting him to turn out to be some sort of animatronic himself, and gives him the feel of a computer game protagonist). Some teenagers get involved and make decisions that really don't make sense given what they know about the place. This comes off as a cross between the original Childs Play movies and the Banana Splits one.
« Last Edit: May 03, 2021, 04:01:45 AM by Alex » Logged

But do you understand That none of this will matter Nothing can take your pain away
Rev. Powell
Global Moderator
B-Movie Kraken

« Reply #1086 on: May 03, 2021, 10:18:30 AM »

ABOUT ENDLESSNESS (2019): Pale, deadpan vignettes, including a priest who has lost his faith and a couple who are inexplicably flying over a Swedish city. Roy Andersson squeezes out more Scandinavian miniatures, mostly despairing and anticlimactic; it doesn't have the vitality of his earlier work and won't win new converts into the cult, and yet it's oddly soothing and comforting for those who are already fans. I'd recommend trying SONGS FROM THE SECOND FLOOR first, and if you like it tackling the movies in order. 3.5/5.

Jim H

« Reply #1087 on: May 03, 2021, 01:00:55 PM »

Thunder Road - A troubled young father's mother dies and he goes through the aftermath as a lot of his life falls apart.  Best summary I can make.  The main performance by writer/director/star/producer/composer Jim Cummings and the character he creates are pretty great.  The unique, tumbling nature of the plot and character arc is pretty interesting.  I'm not sure it fully gels in the final act, but I've never seen a lead quite like this one and he remains compellingly flawed start to finish.  Totally worth a watch.  8/10.
FatFreddysCat
Movies, Metal, Beer!

« Reply #1088 on: May 04, 2021, 09:25:39 AM »

"Inside Motorhead (2006)
This is another one of those low budget, semi-official music documentaries that are all over Amazon Prime, with the usual gang of British rock journalists (Dave Reynolds, Malcolm Dome, Jerry Ewing, etc.) discussing the classic early Motorhead catalog (i.e. the debut thru 1986's Orgasmatron) album by album. Some vintage live clips and interview footage of Lemmy and the boys provide added flavor.
As usual with these docs, long time fans won't really learn anything new but it was a decent enough time waster with my morning coffee.

FatFreddysCat
Movies, Metal, Beer!

« Reply #1089 on: May 04, 2021, 09:41:08 PM »

"Caddyshack" (1980)
Classic sports comedy about a teenage caddy at a snooty country club who gets caught up in a battle on the links between the stuffy "old guard" (led by Ted Knight) and a loudmouth, low-class millionaire (Rodney Dangerfield). You've all seen it, I don't need to say any more except that it still holds up all these years later.

Rev. Powell
Global Moderator
B-Movie Kraken

« Reply #1090 on: May 04, 2021, 09:43:17 PM »

"Caddyshack" (1980)
Classic sports comedy about a teenage caddy at a snooty country club who gets caught up in a battle on the links between the stuffy "old guard" (led by Ted Knight) and a loudmouth, low-class millionaire (Rodney Dangerfield). You've all seen it, I don't need to say any more except that it still holds up all these years later.

Believe it or not, I've never seen CADDYSHACK.

RCMerchant
Bela
B-Movie Kraken

"Charlie,we're in HELL!"-"yeah,ain't it groovy?!"

« Reply #1091 on: May 04, 2021, 11:24:52 PM »

^ Me either!

"Supernatural?...perhaps. Baloney?...Perhaps not!" Bela Lugosi-the BLACK CAT (1934)
Interviewer-"Does Dracula ever end for you?
Lugosi-"No. Dracula-never ends."

Slobber, Drool, Drip!
https://www.tumblr.com/ronmerchant
pennywise37

« Reply #1092 on: May 05, 2021, 01:54:28 AM »

Really Caddyshack is one of the greatest films of all time and so not for kids either.  it's one of the funniest films ever made period and i'd say the best film of (1980) or one of them anyways.
RCMerchant
Bela
B-Movie Kraken

"Charlie,we're in HELL!"-"yeah,ain't it groovy?!"

« Reply #1093 on: May 05, 2021, 02:34:32 AM »

^ I dunno. Watching a gopher puppet dance to Kenny Loggins is not my cup off tea. And I can't stand Bill Murray or Chevy Chase.
Like early versions of Adam Sandler.

I seen parts. Always turned it off.
« Last Edit: May 05, 2021, 02:43:35 AM by RCMerchant » Logged

"Supernatural?...perhaps. Baloney?...Perhaps not!" Bela Lugosi-the BLACK CAT (1934)
Interviewer-"Does Dracula ever end for you?
Lugosi-"No. Dracula-never ends."

Slobber, Drool, Drip!
https://www.tumblr.com/ronmerchant
Gabriel Knight
Bad Movie Lover

« Reply #1094 on: May 05, 2021, 08:11:30 AM »

I've seen CADDYSHACK and hated it, not a single laugh form my part. I'm still confused about why it's regarded so highly, PORKY was a million times better and yet it's not as... uhm... "respected".

Check my crappy and unpopular reviews and ratings:

https://www.imdb.com/user/ur85652268/?ref_=nv_usr_prof_2
Pages: 1 ... 71 72 [73] 74 75 ... 244
Badmovies.org Forum  |  Movies  |  Good Movies  |  Recent Viewings, Part 2 « previous next »
    Jump to:  

RSS Feed Subscribe Subscribe by RSS
    Email Subscribe Subscribe by Email

Popular Articles
    How To Find A Bad Movie

The Champions of Justice

Plan 9 from Outer Space

Manos, The Hands of Fate

Podcast: Todd the Convenience Store Clerk

Faster, Pussycat! Kill! Kill!

Dragonball: The Magic Begins

Cool As Ice

The Educational Archives: Driver's Ed

Godzilla vs. Monster Zero

Do you have a zombie plan?

FROM THE BADMOVIES.ORG ARCHIVES
    ImageThe Giant Claw - Slime drop

Earth is visited by a GIANT ANTIMATTER SPACE BUZZARD! Gawk at the amazingly bad bird puppet, or chuckle over the silly dialog. This is one of the greatest b-movies ever made.

Lesson Learned:
    • Osmosis: os·mo·sis (oz-mo'sis, os-) n., 1. When a bird eats something.

Subscribe to Badmovies.org and get updates by email:

HOME B-Movie Reviews Reader Reviews Forum Interviews TV Shows Advertising Information Sideshows Links Contact

Badmovies.org is owned and operated by Andrew Borntreger. All original content is © 1998 - 2014 by its respective author(s). Image, video, and audio files are used in accordance with the Fair Use Law, and are property of the film copyright holders. You may freely link to any page (.html or .php) on this website, but reproduction in any other form must be authorized by the copyright holder.