Bad Movie Logo
"A website to the detriment of good film"
Custom Search
HOMEB-MOVIE REVIEWSREADER REVIEWSFORUMINTERVIEWSUPDATESABOUT
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
March 19, 2024, 04:03:57 AM
712925 Posts in 53040 Topics by 7722 Members
Latest Member: GenevaBarr
Badmovies.org Forum  |  Movies  |  Good Movies  |  Recent Viewings, Part 2 « previous next »
Pages: 1 ... 34 35 [36] 37 38 ... 243
Author Topic: Recent Viewings, Part 2  (Read 594988 times)
Alex
B-Movie Kraken

« Reply #525 on: September 06, 2020, 11:51:55 AM »

Zombie Pirates.

You know, with a title like that I was expecting a much more fun movie. Seems to be a vague tribute to the Blind Dead movies. Not finished it so far. Amateur acting, some boobs and someone who may or may not be Colonel Sanders.

But do you understand That none of this will matter Nothing can take your pain away
FatFreddysCat
Movies, Metal, Beer!
Frightening Fanatic of Horrible Cinema

« Reply #526 on: September 06, 2020, 07:25:42 PM »

"Primal" (2019)
Nicolas Cage is a big-game hunter who's booked space on a cargo ship to transport his latest batch of dangerous critters (poisonous snakes, mean tempered monkeys, and a white jaguar) back to America, where he plans to sell them to a zoo.
Unfortunately, the same ship is being used to bring an even more dangerous federal prisoner back home for trial. Naturally, the bad guy gets loose in mid-voyage, lets all the animals out of their cages, and spends the rest of the movie playing cat-and-mouse with his FBI handlers and finally with Cage himself.
The CGI animals look like crap, but otherwise this was an enjoyably cheesy "B"grade action movie, bolted together from parts of "Under Siege," "Die Hard," and Cage's own "Con Air." 

Hey, HEY, kids! Check out my way-cool Music and Movie Review blog on HubPages!
http://hubpages.com/@fatfreddyscat
FatFreddysCat
Movies, Metal, Beer!

« Reply #527 on: September 07, 2020, 02:07:08 PM »

"Dead & Buried" (1981)
A sheriff (James Farentino) is puzzled by a string of random murders in his small town -- and even more concerned when the victims don't stay in their graves. I can't say much more than that without ruining the movie's twist but it was worth the wait.
This one took a little while to get going, but by the half way point I was hooked by its "Twilight Zone" vibe, the cool makeup FX by the great Stan Winston, and the performances by Farentino and Jack Albertson ("Chico and The Man"), who plays the town's kindly old coroner/funeral director, who may not be so kindly after all. Another 80s cult classic off the never ending list...

Hey, HEY, kids! Check out my way-cool Music and Movie Review blog on HubPages!
http://hubpages.com/@fatfreddyscat
zelmo73
Eater of Hobbits

Bad day at the construction site

« Reply #528 on: September 07, 2020, 04:53:35 PM »

"Dead & Buried" (1981)
A sheriff (James Farentino) is puzzled by a string of random murders in his small town -- and even more concerned when the victims don't stay in their graves. I can't say much more than that without ruining the movie's twist but it was worth the wait.
This one took a little while to get going, but by the half way point I was hooked by its "Twilight Zone" vibe, the cool makeup FX by the great Stan Winston, and the performances by Farentino and Jack Albertson ("Chico and The Man"), who plays the town's kindly old coroner/funeral director, who may not be so kindly after all. Another 80s cult classic off the never ending list...

I’ve only seen parts of the movie on TV but I imagine all the cool parts were edited out. However, I did read the book a bunch of times when I was a little kid, and yes, that big twist at the end was hella cool and clever to a 3rd grade kid.  Thumbup TeddyR
« Last Edit: September 07, 2020, 04:55:54 PM by zelmo73 » Logged

First rule is, 'The laws of Germany'
Second rule is, 'Be nice to mommy'
Third rule is, 'Don't talk to commies'
Fourth rule is, 'Eat kosher salamis'
------------------
The Dalai Lama walks into a pizza shop and says "Make me one with everything!"
Rev. Powell
Global Moderator
B-Movie Kraken

Click on that globe for 366 Weird Movies

« Reply #529 on: September 08, 2020, 09:02:57 AM »

I'M THINKING OF ENDING THINGS (2020): A young woman goes on a trip to meet her new boyfriend's parents at their farmhouse on a night when a blizzard is brewing; the night grows increasingly strange and unsettling as it becomes unclear what is real and what is imaginary. This maze of memory and uncertain identity is Charlie Kaufman's most surreal film, with an ending that appears to throw all rational logic out the window. A lot of people on here would absolutely HATE this one, lol. Netflix exclusive. 4.5/5.

I'll take you places the hand of man has not yet set foot...
Alex
B-Movie Kraken

« Reply #530 on: September 08, 2020, 10:28:18 AM »

The Circle. A reasonable low budget horror. A group of archaeology students go on a field trip with a teacher to a Scottish island. Hijinks ensue as internal stresses threaten to destroy the group when faced with an external threat to their lives. There is a twist in the story, but I think most viewers will see it coming well in advance.
« Last Edit: September 08, 2020, 01:04:17 PM by Alex » Logged

But do you understand That none of this will matter Nothing can take your pain away
lester1/2jr
B-Movie Kraken

« Reply #531 on: September 08, 2020, 12:57:55 PM »

Sudden Fury (1975) - A guy in a Herb Tarlick suit gets in an accident with his wife, who he also hates and pretty much wants to kill. Seizing the moment, he tries to leave her there but a passerby helps her. uh oh. Now whats he gonna do?  

It started off "good" but took a while to get going. Eventually I got involved though, and the twist and turns and stuff were done pretty well and naturally. In the second half things pick up and all in all its unique and worth checking out. I especially liked the wife of the farmer they run into. Her obedient sort of nature might not be PC but it brought me into the whole scenario quite well.

4.25 /5

« Last Edit: September 08, 2020, 09:46:09 PM by lester1/2jr » Logged
indianasmith
Archeologist, Theologian, Elder Scrolls Addict, and a
B-Movie Kraken

A good bad movie is like popcorn for the soul!

« Reply #532 on: September 08, 2020, 06:09:47 PM »

BIRDS OF PREY AND THE FANTABULOUS LIBERATION OF ONE HARLEY QUINN (2020)

I finally caught this on HBO the other night, and found it fairly enjoyable.  The storyline could have profited from being more linear and less dependent on flashbacks, but it was fun and Margot Robie is always cute as the adorable psychopathic supervillainess.  4/5

"I shall smite you in the nostrils with a rod of iron, and wax your spleen with Efferdent!!"
ER
B-Movie Kraken

The sleep of reasoner breeds monsters. (sic)

« Reply #533 on: September 08, 2020, 08:35:48 PM »

The Song Remains the Same, on TCM. I'd never seen it in such a beautiful format, only on VHS.

What does not kill me makes me stranger.
lester1/2jr
B-Movie Kraken

« Reply #534 on: September 10, 2020, 12:55:07 PM »

Maniac (1980) - It doesn't get much better than this. A solitary man in Pre Guliani NYC murders people, then attempts to fall in love. Is the modern age the way it is because we've abandoned tradition? or is it because we've exposed that it was a hoax based on appearances all along? I guess I'll never know, but the dystopian post 60's US city was surely a great place to be alienated and unaccountable.

Enough with the sociology, this movie rocks. It's low budget but features special effects by the great Tom Savini and a clear artistic vision from the director. HG Lewis and the general expectations of the grindhouse crowd must have been the prime influence, but so many of those types of movies are boring as Hell. This one brings it all together and is satisfying artistically and also is fun to watch.

5/5 highest recommendation
« Last Edit: September 10, 2020, 12:58:26 PM by lester1/2jr » Logged
lester1/2jr
B-Movie Kraken

« Reply #535 on: September 13, 2020, 12:14:31 PM »

Time Lapse (2014) - I enjoyed this modestly budgeted sci fi time travel - problem sort of movie. A dorky hipster ish guy, his girlfriend and their ne'er do well roomy discover a now dead neighbor invented a machine that takes pictures 24 hours into the future. The ne'er -er of course takes the lead in making horse racing bets and the situation immediately gets out of control. Along the way, there's some Adrian Lynne eque romantic tension and turbulence, but no cinematography to speak of. Its mostly just them in the house and a few visitors.

The ending showed the proper care one should take when endeavoring to conclude a cinematic moving picture experience!

4.5 / 5
« Last Edit: September 13, 2020, 12:16:53 PM by lester1/2jr » Logged
indianasmith
Archeologist, Theologian, Elder Scrolls Addict, and a
B-Movie Kraken

A good bad movie is like popcorn for the soul!

« Reply #536 on: September 13, 2020, 01:38:57 PM »

JEXI - A lovable loser's life is turned upside down when his new smartphone tries to "Make His Life Better" by helping him in the areas of self-confidence and romantic appeal - but then, when he finally manages to achieve a relationship with the girl of his dreams, JEXI, the phone's artificial intelligence, becomes jealous and tries to break them up.  Cliched but funny, with some wild moments scattered throughout.  4/5

"I shall smite you in the nostrils with a rod of iron, and wax your spleen with Efferdent!!"
Gabriel Knight
Bad Movie Lover

« Reply #537 on: September 13, 2020, 02:04:50 PM »

Time Lapse (2014) - I enjoyed this modestly budgeted sci fi time travel - problem sort of movie. A dorky hipster ish guy, his girlfriend and their ne'er do well roomy discover a now dead neighbor invented a machine that takes pictures 24 hours into the future. The ne'er -er of course takes the lead in making horse racing bets and the situation immediately gets out of control. Along the way, there's some Adrian Lynne eque romantic tension and turbulence, but no cinematography to speak of. Its mostly just them in the house and a few visitors.

The ending showed the proper care one should take when endeavoring to conclude a cinematic moving picture experience!

4.5 / 5

I watched it recently and while the movie it's not bad, I thought the characters were awful, which eventually kinda killed it for me. Also, the plot it's nothing special, it's basically a remake of the TWILIGHT ZONE episode A Most Unusual Camera, but not as good.

Check my crappy and unpopular reviews and ratings:

https://www.imdb.com/user/ur85652268/?ref_=nv_usr_prof_2
zelmo73
Eater of Hobbits

Bad day at the construction site

« Reply #538 on: September 13, 2020, 06:36:17 PM »

BIRDS OF PREY AND THE FANTABULOUS LIBERATION OF ONE HARLEY QUINN (2020)

I finally caught this on HBO the other night, and found it fairly enjoyable.  The storyline could have profited from being more linear and less dependent on flashbacks, but it was fun and Margot Robie is always cute as the adorable psychopathic supervillainess.  4/5

The director did a fantastic and clever job with portraying all the absolutely loony parts of the movie from Harley Quinn’s loony perspective. I didn’t read the Birds Of Prey comics so I couldn’t argue with any of the comic fanboys that dissed the movie, but the movie made me laugh and enjoy it in the movie theater back in February. I knew that I was watching a bad movie, that’s why, and the filmmakers obviously had a lot of fun with it.  TeddyR

First rule is, 'The laws of Germany'
Second rule is, 'Be nice to mommy'
Third rule is, 'Don't talk to commies'
Fourth rule is, 'Eat kosher salamis'
------------------
The Dalai Lama walks into a pizza shop and says "Make me one with everything!"
lester1/2jr
B-Movie Kraken

« Reply #539 on: September 13, 2020, 08:15:21 PM »

Gabriel - I liked the girl, but the guy was too big of a dork. suspenders? come on. and the painting were trash
Pages: 1 ... 34 35 [36] 37 38 ... 243
Badmovies.org Forum  |  Movies  |  Good Movies  |  Recent Viewings, Part 2 « previous next »
    Jump to:  

RSS Feed Subscribe Subscribe by RSS
    Email Subscribe Subscribe by Email

Popular Articles
    How To Find A Bad Movie

The Champions of Justice

Plan 9 from Outer Space

Manos, The Hands of Fate

Podcast: Todd the Convenience Store Clerk

Faster, Pussycat! Kill! Kill!

Dragonball: The Magic Begins

Cool As Ice

The Educational Archives: Driver's Ed

Godzilla vs. Monster Zero

Do you have a zombie plan?

FROM THE BADMOVIES.ORG ARCHIVES
    ImageThe Giant Claw - Slime drop

Earth is visited by a GIANT ANTIMATTER SPACE BUZZARD! Gawk at the amazingly bad bird puppet, or chuckle over the silly dialog. This is one of the greatest b-movies ever made.

Lesson Learned:
    • Osmosis: os·mo·sis (oz-mo'sis, os-) n., 1. When a bird eats something.

Subscribe to Badmovies.org and get updates by email:

HOME B-Movie Reviews Reader Reviews Forum Interviews TV Shows Advertising Information Sideshows Links Contact

Badmovies.org is owned and operated by Andrew Borntreger. All original content is © 1998 - 2014 by its respective author(s). Image, video, and audio files are used in accordance with the Fair Use Law, and are property of the film copyright holders. You may freely link to any page (.html or .php) on this website, but reproduction in any other form must be authorized by the copyright holder.