Bad Movie Logo
"A website to the detriment of good film"
Custom Search
HOMEB-MOVIE REVIEWSREADER REVIEWSFORUMINTERVIEWSUPDATESABOUT
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
April 16, 2024, 04:19:57 AM
714147 Posts in 53091 Topics by 7732 Members
Latest Member: Larryfiste
Badmovies.org Forum  |  Movies  |  Good Movies  |  Recent Viewings, Part 2 « previous next »
Pages: 1 ... 65 66 [67] 68 69 ... 246
Author Topic: Recent Viewings, Part 2  (Read 606868 times)
Alex
B-Movie Kraken

« Reply #990 on: March 16, 2021, 07:24:47 AM »

African King Fu Ninja's: Hitler and Tojo have discovered the secret of eternal youth and having escaped to Ghana at the end of World War 2, are rebuilding the Third Reich, with a martial arts tournament.

Not much else I can say about it really.

That sounds delightfully bad.

I can send you a link so you can watch it online if you wish.

But do you understand That none of this will matter Nothing can take your pain away
Rev. Powell
Global Moderator
B-Movie Kraken

Click on that globe for 366 Weird Movies

« Reply #991 on: March 16, 2021, 07:53:02 AM »

Night Train To Terror: Three short stories based around a conversation between God and the Devil about who should win certain souls. The two are on board a train that is fated to crash at L.A.An interesting concept, but I felt the short stories themselves rather let the whole thing down.  A bunch of musicians on board play the same song over and over again.

This one is a great bad movie. The three stories were all originally feature films edited down to 20-25 minutes each, which makes them totally incoherent. And the song is fantastically bad! And they breakdance to it!

https://youtu.be/VUHsLZ5t5w8

I'll take you places the hand of man has not yet set foot...
Alex
B-Movie Kraken

« Reply #992 on: March 16, 2021, 07:59:43 AM »

Night Train To Terror: Three short stories based around a conversation between God and the Devil about who should win certain souls. The two are on board a train that is fated to crash at L.A.An interesting concept, but I felt the short stories themselves rather let the whole thing down.  A bunch of musicians on board play the same song over and over again.

This one is a great bad movie. The three stories were all originally feature films edited down to 20-25 minutes each, which makes them totally incoherent. And the song is fantastically bad! And they breakdance to it!

https://youtu.be/VUHsLZ5t5w8

That explains why they didn't make much sense.

But do you understand That none of this will matter Nothing can take your pain away
RCMerchant
Bela
B-Movie Kraken

"Charlie,we're in HELL!"-"yeah,ain't it groovy?!"

« Reply #993 on: March 16, 2021, 09:50:17 AM »

^ I seen this one!  Bluesad

I know the episode with Cameron Mitchell is from CATACLYSM (1980).
« Last Edit: March 16, 2021, 11:00:14 AM by RCMerchant » Logged

"Supernatural?...perhaps. Baloney?...Perhaps not!" Bela Lugosi-the BLACK CAT (1934)
Interviewer-"Does Dracula ever end for you?
Lugosi-"No. Dracula-never ends."

Slobber, Drool, Drip!
https://www.tumblr.com/ronmerchant
pennywise37
Frightening Fanatic of Horrible Cinema

« Reply #994 on: March 17, 2021, 10:58:07 PM »

well i watched Elm Street 1 (1984) and 2 (1985)  in the last 2 days now i'm on part 3 (1987)  the only thing i hate about this film is one thing and that's the fact that Nancy dies in it i've never liked that at all. i also never liked that in part 4 the survivors from part 3 all die in it as well.

but i enjoy them all for what they are, though i think part 6 is the worst one
FatFreddysCat
Movies, Metal, Beer!

« Reply #995 on: March 18, 2021, 10:32:45 AM »

"The Church" (1989)
During the Crusades, the Knights Templar massacre an entire village of "witches" and then build a huge cathedral on top of their mass grave. In the present day, restoration work at the cathedral re-opens the tomb and lets the evil loose on a group of innocents trapped inside.
This Italian flick was co-written by Dario Argento and directed by Michele Soavi, later of "Cemetery Man" fame. Like most Spaghetti horrors, it suffers from pacing problems (it takes forever for the nasty stuff to start happening) and the usual stilted, awkward performances and dubbing, but it features lots of artsy/disturbing visuals, creepy Gothic locations and set designs, and nasty death scenes.
I saw this movie once before many years ago, when I didn't quite "get" Italian horror flicks yet. I don't think I liked it much then, but I enjoyed this second viewing.

Hey, HEY, kids! Check out my way-cool Music and Movie Review blog on HubPages!
http://hubpages.com/@fatfreddyscat
Dr. Whom

Cthulhu for president! Why choose the lesser evil?

« Reply #996 on: March 19, 2021, 02:07:39 AM »

African King Fu Ninja's: Hitler and Tojo have discovered the secret of eternal youth and having escaped to Ghana at the end of World War 2, are rebuilding the Third Reich, with a martial arts tournament.

That kind of silliness deserves better production values.

"Once you get past a certain threshold, everyone's problems are the same: fortifying your island and hiding the heat signature from your fusion reactor."

Wenn ist das Nunstück git und Slotermeyer? Ja! ... Beiherhund das Oder die Flipperwaldt gersput.
FatFreddysCat
Movies, Metal, Beer!

« Reply #997 on: March 19, 2021, 05:33:24 AM »

"Killer Crocodile 2" (1990)
The construction of a new Caribbean resort is threatened by the appearance of another massive, toxic waste spawned crocodile with a taste for human flesh. A lady reporter and the survivor of the first "KC" movie try to stay off the menu.
This cheap, schlocky sequel is pretty much a re-run of the first movie, but the animatronic croc is pretty cool looking and the carnage count is impressive. More entertaining junk.

indianasmith
Archeologist, Theologian, Elder Scrolls Addict, and a
B-Movie Kraken

A good bad movie is like popcorn for the soul!

« Reply #998 on: March 19, 2021, 06:10:40 AM »

Please do!

"I shall smite you in the nostrils with a rod of iron, and wax your spleen with Efferdent!!"
Alex
B-Movie Kraken

« Reply #999 on: March 19, 2021, 06:19:45 AM »

Please do!

Sent you a link and in the meantime, here is the trailer.

Error 404 (Not Found)!!1 Small | Large

FatFreddysCat
Movies, Metal, Beer!

« Reply #1000 on: March 20, 2021, 07:38:46 PM »

"The Marine" (2006)
WWE star John Cena makes his acting debut in this utterly ridiculous but highly entertaining action flick. He plays John Triton, an ex-Marine who goes all One Man Army when his wife is taken hostage by a gang of jewel thieves (led by a hilariously dry Robert "Terminator 2" Patrick). "The Marine" is predictable as hell and dumb as a box of rocks but it's also tons of shoot'em up, blow'em up fun. A guilty pleasure.

Dr. Whom

Cthulhu for president! Why choose the lesser evil?

« Reply #1001 on: March 21, 2021, 10:16:57 AM »

Space Sweepers (2021)

A crew of misfits who barely make a living collecting and selling space junk, find a small child on one of their missions. This is in fact an android fitted with a bomb by a terrorist organisation. They try to sell it to what they assume are the terrorists, but find that not everything is at it seems and they are soon caught up in a much bigger conspiracy.

I didn't like this as much as I thought I would. I had problems with the pacing. The momentum is often interrupted for bits of exposition in odd places, or jumps to subplots because things have to be established, and even some slapstick comedy. In a movie which is more of a succession of set pieces than a coherent plot, keeping momentum is important. Also, the structure where the protagonists first try to achieve a certain goal, only to discover that the main goal is something different, works for me better in a TV series than a movie.

That being said, it has its moments. Shout out to Kim Tae-Ri, who you may recognize from The Handmaiden who really makes the character of Captain Jang stand out.

"Once you get past a certain threshold, everyone's problems are the same: fortifying your island and hiding the heat signature from your fusion reactor."

Wenn ist das Nunstück git und Slotermeyer? Ja! ... Beiherhund das Oder die Flipperwaldt gersput.
FatFreddysCat
Movies, Metal, Beer!

« Reply #1002 on: March 21, 2021, 06:34:50 PM »

"The Last Blockbuster" (2020)
This documentary traces the rise and fall of the once mighty Blockbuster Video chain, which once boasted nearly 9000 locations around the world but now only consists of one family run franchise store in Bend, Oregon. A fun trrip down memory lane for those old enough to remember VHS and feel nostalgic for it.
Ironically, I watched it on Netflix. :D

indianasmith
Archeologist, Theologian, Elder Scrolls Addict, and a
B-Movie Kraken

A good bad movie is like popcorn for the soul!

« Reply #1003 on: March 21, 2021, 08:51:01 PM »

TOOKEN (2014) - An extremely cheesy and unfunny spoof of the TAKEN franchise.  2.5/5

"I shall smite you in the nostrils with a rod of iron, and wax your spleen with Efferdent!!"
FatFreddysCat
Movies, Metal, Beer!

« Reply #1004 on: March 24, 2021, 09:32:58 AM »

"Superman: Red Son" (2020)
This animated "Elseworlds" tale from the DC Universe asks, "what if the rocket carrying baby Kal-El had landed in the Soviet Union instead of the USA?"
Superman grows up to symbolize Russian might and eventually becomes the Soviet Premier at the height of the Cold War, where he clashes with Lex Luthor (who's President of the US in this story), romances Wonder Woman, and battles a Russian Batman and the all-American Green Lantern Corps.
The last twenty minutes of "Red Son" falls into the typical super-hero blasting and zapping, but the first hour is a very cool ride through an "alternate" DC Universe. Neat stuff.

Pages: 1 ... 65 66 [67] 68 69 ... 246
Badmovies.org Forum  |  Movies  |  Good Movies  |  Recent Viewings, Part 2 « previous next »
    Jump to:  

RSS Feed Subscribe Subscribe by RSS
    Email Subscribe Subscribe by Email

Popular Articles
    How To Find A Bad Movie

The Champions of Justice

Plan 9 from Outer Space

Manos, The Hands of Fate

Podcast: Todd the Convenience Store Clerk

Faster, Pussycat! Kill! Kill!

Dragonball: The Magic Begins

Cool As Ice

The Educational Archives: Driver's Ed

Godzilla vs. Monster Zero

Do you have a zombie plan?

FROM THE BADMOVIES.ORG ARCHIVES
    ImageThe Giant Claw - Slime drop

Earth is visited by a GIANT ANTIMATTER SPACE BUZZARD! Gawk at the amazingly bad bird puppet, or chuckle over the silly dialog. This is one of the greatest b-movies ever made.

Lesson Learned:
    • Osmosis: os·mo·sis (oz-mo'sis, os-) n., 1. When a bird eats something.

Subscribe to Badmovies.org and get updates by email:

HOME B-Movie Reviews Reader Reviews Forum Interviews TV Shows Advertising Information Sideshows Links Contact

Badmovies.org is owned and operated by Andrew Borntreger. All original content is © 1998 - 2014 by its respective author(s). Image, video, and audio files are used in accordance with the Fair Use Law, and are property of the film copyright holders. You may freely link to any page (.html or .php) on this website, but reproduction in any other form must be authorized by the copyright holder.