Bad Movie Logo
"A website to the detriment of good film"
Custom Search
HOMEB-MOVIE REVIEWSREADER REVIEWSFORUMINTERVIEWSUPDATESABOUT
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
March 28, 2024, 11:10:53 AM
713347 Posts in 53056 Topics by 7725 Members
Latest Member: wibwao
Badmovies.org Forum  |  Movies  |  Good Movies  |  Recent Viewings, Part 2 « previous next »
Pages: 1 ... 73 74 [75] 76 77 ... 244
Author Topic: Recent Viewings, Part 2  (Read 600774 times)
indianasmith
Archeologist, Theologian, Elder Scrolls Addict, and a
B-Movie Kraken

A good bad movie is like popcorn for the soul!

« Reply #1110 on: May 12, 2021, 11:01:59 PM »

ATTACK OF THE FIFTY FOOT CHEERLEADER (2012)

Roger Corman strikes again, delivering a wonderful, steaming shovelful of B-movie cheese as only he can!
Cassie is a science nerd with pimples who dreams of being a sorority girl and cheerleader like her Mom, but her homeliness is only matched by her clumsiness.
But when her science lab creates a genetic compound which multiplies the body's healthy, aggressive genes and suppresses unattractive, weak tendencies, she sees her chance and becomes a human guinea pig.  She grows three bra sizes - and then about ten human sizes!  But her archrival, jealous of Cassie's newfound stature, steals some of the compound, and a giant, topless catfight between towering Amazonian beauties provides the film's wonderfully ridiculous finale.  Classic Corman fun all the way around - pretty girls, ridiculous concept, and cheesy dialogue.  5/5 on the bad movie scale!

"I shall smite you in the nostrils with a rod of iron, and wax your spleen with Efferdent!!"
Dr. Whom
Frightening Fanatic of Horrible Cinema

Cthulhu for president! Why choose the lesser evil?

« Reply #1111 on: May 13, 2021, 06:23:55 AM »

Tremors (1990)

Still the best 'monsters in the desert' movie out there.

"Once you get past a certain threshold, everyone's problems are the same: fortifying your island and hiding the heat signature from your fusion reactor."

Wenn ist das Nunstück git und Slotermeyer? Ja! ... Beiherhund das Oder die Flipperwaldt gersput.
pennywise37

« Reply #1112 on: May 14, 2021, 01:33:56 AM »

i agree i love that movie that one and the 2nd one i think are the best ones,   part 3 is Decent 4 is okay and 5 is freaking Awful, painfully bad i haven't seen the ones after that and you can tell a different company put the current ones out to be honest
FatFreddysCat
Movies, Metal, Beer!

« Reply #1113 on: May 14, 2021, 09:57:46 AM »

"AC/DC: The Bon Scott Years" (2005)
Yet another one of those "semi-official" documentary videos, with the usual bunch of British rock critics and industry types sharing their thoughts on the early AC/DC catalog. There's nothing here that long time fans won't already know, of course, but there are lots of vintage footage of early concert and live TV appearances to keep things interesting.

"Trespass" (1992)
Two country boys (Bill Paxton and William Sadler) searching the ruins of an abandoned East St.Louis factory building for a stash of treasure cross paths with a crew of gangstas (led by Ice-T) who use the place to take care of "business," and they don't want any witnesses.
This underrated, claustrophobic urban action flick (directed by Walter Hill of "48 HRS," and "The Warriors" fame) is a forgotten gem, thanks to its great cast, cool setting, and lots of ultra violence.

Hey, HEY, kids! Check out my way-cool Music and Movie Review blog on HubPages!
http://hubpages.com/@fatfreddyscat
Alex
B-Movie Kraken

« Reply #1114 on: May 15, 2021, 03:57:06 PM »

Killer Rack.

After having breast implants by Dr Cate Thulu, a woman finds her breasts are actually host to a Lovecraftian entity that seeks to destroy the world. Fewer boobs on display than you might expect from the premise.

But do you understand That none of this will matter Nothing can take your pain away
pennywise37

« Reply #1115 on: May 15, 2021, 11:09:37 PM »

that's a real movie? Seriously?  i watched some Classic Doctor who the story?  "The Daleks's  from Season 1
Dr. Whom

Cthulhu for president! Why choose the lesser evil?

« Reply #1116 on: May 16, 2021, 02:01:26 AM »

The Hitch-Hiker (1953)

Two guys on a fishing trip pick up a hitch-hiker who is a dangerous criminal on the run, and are forced to drive through Mexico where he plans on making his escape. This is supposed to be a classic film noir by Ida Lupino, but it didn't do much for me. It is not a bad movie, and the ending scene is very atmospheric, but I never could get into the characters or the story. The villain is pretty menacing, though.

"Once you get past a certain threshold, everyone's problems are the same: fortifying your island and hiding the heat signature from your fusion reactor."

Wenn ist das Nunstück git und Slotermeyer? Ja! ... Beiherhund das Oder die Flipperwaldt gersput.
Alex
B-Movie Kraken

« Reply #1117 on: May 16, 2021, 03:37:27 AM »

that's a real movie? Seriously?  i watched some Classic Doctor who the story?  "The Daleks's  from Season 1

Check it out, its on Amazon Prime.

http://www.imdb.com/title/tt3369624/

But do you understand That none of this will matter Nothing can take your pain away
Rev. Powell
Global Moderator
B-Movie Kraken

Click on that globe for 366 Weird Movies

« Reply #1118 on: May 16, 2021, 09:17:00 AM »

BEYOND DREAM'S DOOR (1989): A young man finds himself trapped in a dream, and when he describes it to others, they are dragged into the nightmare, too. Originally released straight to VHS, the script is far too ambitious for the budget, but the filmmakers did succeed in making a movie packed with a lot of ideas and an amateur experimental charm. 3/5.

I'll take you places the hand of man has not yet set foot...
Gabriel Knight
Bad Movie Lover

« Reply #1119 on: May 16, 2021, 09:44:16 AM »

DIMENSIONS (2011)

Cambridge, England, 1921 - or so it seems. A brilliant young scientist becomes obsessed with finding a way back to his past - no matter what the cost.

SPOILERS AHEAD

Don't be fooled by the tags: it's barely scifi, and it barely deals with time travel. I'm going to say the only good thing right off the bat: the movie looks great, in picture quality, scenery, wardrobe, and chicks. Sadly, the music is nothing but a single tune of a piano constantly, and it's depressing. Other stuff are simply hilarious: a girl goes alone to a bar and asks for a gin tonic, while the bartender, also a woman, says "it's one of those days, uh?". In Cambridge. In 1930. Seriously?

All right, the bad: everything else. The movie starts with two boys and a girl who are very best friends, the girl dies in an accident and the boys blame themselves. Before this, they're visited by a mysterious old man who gives them a lecture about time travel and the fourth dimension. All this takes 40 minutes of the movie, and I'm no joking. I was so incredibly bored that I honestly wanted to shut it off, but I endured, because in enduring, grow strong. I inmediatly knew who the old man was, as anyone with the smalles experience in time travel movies would, but I decided not to dwell too much on it...

So, the movie goes on 15 years later, the main guy is obsessed with time travel and giving lectures about it and saying with 99% certainty that the future can't be changed, no matter how far you travel to the past (mind you, he uses the same techniques the old man gave him). He meets a nice girl who becomes his helper, he manages to build the machine but gets stolen by his jealous childhood friend / cousin, an evil mal with money (he has money, therefore he's evil and do evil stuff) uses it and becomes trapped in it in which is probably the only good scene in the entire movie. More drama, more boring stuff about love, at the very end of the movie he finally uses the machine with his cousing and travel back in time, revealing that the old man... OMG IT WAS HIM ALL ALONG!!11 I NEVER EXPECTED THAT!!11111

Besides the preditable ending, I was laughing at the huge plot hole they left there. While the paradox of him travelling in time, using the same teachings he gave himself as a child by travelling in time, is nice (handled a million times better in PREDESTINATION though), he spends the whole movie trying to convice everyone that changing the future is impossible. Yet, in the final scene, he "saves" his childhood friend from dying by changing the events - apparently, it was a different timeline or something, but it's not the same visit from the beginning of the movie. So, to sum it up: he visits and teachs himself in one timeline, but the he does it again in another one but here he saves his friend, why not doing it from the go and saves us from this film? The movie contradicts itself in a silly way, and I was p**sed off about waiting all this time for such a terribad ending.

Whatever, skip this one unless you like big dramas about love. 3/10  Thumbdown

Check my crappy and unpopular reviews and ratings:

https://www.imdb.com/user/ur85652268/?ref_=nv_usr_prof_2
FatFreddysCat
Movies, Metal, Beer!

« Reply #1120 on: May 16, 2021, 02:16:45 PM »

"We Are Twisted F***ing Sister!" (2014)
The members of Twisted Sister recall their decade-long struggle to escape from the New York/New Jersey club circuit and snag that ever elusive record deal, in this amazingly thorough, highly entertaining rockumentary full of great stories, classic clips and vintage interviews. Essential viewing for all S.M.F.'s.

FatFreddysCat
Movies, Metal, Beer!

« Reply #1121 on: May 16, 2021, 07:39:12 PM »

"Proud Mary" (2018)
A tough-as-nails hit woman for a Boston crime family (Taraji P. Henson of "Empire") has unexpected maternal feelings for a young boy who was left orphaned by one of her previous "jobs." Naturally, this relationship ends up putting them both in danger from a variety of very bad people.
"Mary" is basically a 21st century update of the oldie "Gloria" with Gena Rowlands (which was remade in the late 90s with Sharon Stone), with a little bit of "Coffy" or "Foxy Brown" attitude for good measure. Not a must-see, but a decent enough butt kicker.

Rev. Powell
Global Moderator
B-Movie Kraken

Click on that globe for 366 Weird Movies

« Reply #1122 on: May 17, 2021, 07:53:05 AM »

USED AND BORROWED TIME (part 1) (2020): Oh man. A old blind woman eats a mystic meat pie served up by a racist at an Alabama fair and goes back in time to relive her experiences in an interracial romance during the civil rights struggle. It's stranger than it sounds, with the characters speaking in rhyme about half the time and CGI extras occasionally popping up in the background. And there's a subplot with a racist family with a predatory gay uncle! The acting is community theater level, scenes drag on and on, and a lot of it is just clumsy sermonizing. And at almost two hours long, this is only part one! Free on Prime, but I don't think anyone here will like it; it's a bad movie, but not a fun one. 1/5.

I'll take you places the hand of man has not yet set foot...
FatFreddysCat
Movies, Metal, Beer!

« Reply #1123 on: May 17, 2021, 10:02:18 AM »

"Everything or Nothing: The Untold Story of 007" (2012)
The history of the James Bond film franchise is told by cast members, producers, and famous fans (including former President Bill Clinton!) in this thorough documentary which was made to celebrate the release of "Skyfall" and the franchise's 50th anniversary. Loaded with tons of fantastic vintage film clips, photos, and nerd trivia for 007 fanboys.

pennywise37

« Reply #1124 on: May 17, 2021, 11:19:42 PM »

Proud Mary (2018) that's one i really loved when i saw it and if i recall it flopped when it came out i wish i knew why?
Pages: 1 ... 73 74 [75] 76 77 ... 244
Badmovies.org Forum  |  Movies  |  Good Movies  |  Recent Viewings, Part 2 « previous next »
    Jump to:  

RSS Feed Subscribe Subscribe by RSS
    Email Subscribe Subscribe by Email

Popular Articles
    How To Find A Bad Movie

The Champions of Justice

Plan 9 from Outer Space

Manos, The Hands of Fate

Podcast: Todd the Convenience Store Clerk

Faster, Pussycat! Kill! Kill!

Dragonball: The Magic Begins

Cool As Ice

The Educational Archives: Driver's Ed

Godzilla vs. Monster Zero

Do you have a zombie plan?

FROM THE BADMOVIES.ORG ARCHIVES
    ImageThe Giant Claw - Slime drop

Earth is visited by a GIANT ANTIMATTER SPACE BUZZARD! Gawk at the amazingly bad bird puppet, or chuckle over the silly dialog. This is one of the greatest b-movies ever made.

Lesson Learned:
    • Osmosis: os·mo·sis (oz-mo'sis, os-) n., 1. When a bird eats something.

Subscribe to Badmovies.org and get updates by email:

HOME B-Movie Reviews Reader Reviews Forum Interviews TV Shows Advertising Information Sideshows Links Contact

Badmovies.org is owned and operated by Andrew Borntreger. All original content is © 1998 - 2014 by its respective author(s). Image, video, and audio files are used in accordance with the Fair Use Law, and are property of the film copyright holders. You may freely link to any page (.html or .php) on this website, but reproduction in any other form must be authorized by the copyright holder.