Main Menu

Recent Viewings, Part 2

Started by Rev. Powell, February 15, 2020, 10:36:26 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

lester1/2jr

M.10rda - That's awesome.

Also, I tried to watch Human Centipede. I liked the concept, but it was a little too much for me when push came to shove ( I'm 51). I might try again tonight.

Dr. Whom

Project Hail Mary

Based on the buzz, I was expecting this to be a lot more serious. Instead, it rather reminded me of early Star Trek (TNG rather than TOS) and I do mean that as a compliment: two people thrown together to solve a deadly menace through ingenuity, showing basic faith in humanity (or rockiness?). The 'science' is basically plot devices. I found it also interesting that the alien used basically Japanese grammar.

They made a bold choice of combining the roles of the protagonist and comic relief into the same character, but Ryan Gosling pulled it off. Altogether very enjoyable, if a bit cheesier than I expected.
"Once you get past a certain threshold, everyone's problems are the same: fortifying your island and hiding the heat signature from your fusion reactor."

Wenn ist das Nunstück git und Slotermeyer? Ja! ... Beiherhund das Oder die Flipperwaldt gersput.

M.10rda

Quote from: Rev. Powell on October 09, 2026, 12:52:10 PMCHRONOVISOR (2026):  a priest's suppressed invention allowing a viewer to watch any event from the past as if it were a video recording

I've been meaning to write a play about this very subject/concept for 20 years.  :bouncegiggle: This has happened a few times. Ah well, fame eludes me yet again!