Bad Movie Logo
"A website to the detriment of good film"
Custom Search
HOMEB-MOVIE REVIEWSREADER REVIEWSFORUMINTERVIEWSUPDATESABOUT
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
March 28, 2024, 01:06:58 PM
713351 Posts in 53056 Topics by 7725 Members
Latest Member: wibwao
Badmovies.org Forum  |  Other Topics  |  Entertainment  |  New! Reading Anything Thread 2.0 « previous next »
Pages: 1 ... 3 4 [5] 6 7 ... 16
Author Topic: New! Reading Anything Thread 2.0  (Read 68914 times)
Rev. Powell
Global Moderator
B-Movie Kraken

Click on that globe for 366 Weird Movies

« Reply #60 on: May 05, 2021, 07:51:06 AM »

Just put

in the bathroom.

I'll take you places the hand of man has not yet set foot...
Sitting Duck
Bad Movie Lover

« Reply #61 on: May 06, 2021, 07:59:02 AM »

Just put

in the bathroom.

Loved the story of their difficulties in finding a copy of That Hagen Girl.

Got the first five books of The Expanse series for my birthday and am currently hallway through Caliban's War. It's sooooo much better than the TV series, to the point that I think I'll pass on the sixth season when Amazon puts it up.
pennywise37
Frightening Fanatic of Horrible Cinema

« Reply #62 on: May 09, 2021, 07:14:02 PM »

well i'm now reading Mr. Mercedes by Stephen King (2014) i had read #196 pages  of it and than i just didn't feel like reading anymore and it wasn't cause i thought the book was bad either. i picked it back up late Friday night Early Saturday Morning and now i've read over 40 pages! i'm on page #244 thus far anyways and i hope to finish it this time
pennywise37

« Reply #63 on: May 14, 2021, 01:31:36 AM »

well i finished it yesterday and i liked it but it's not gonna be among my favorites and it honestly didn't feel like a King novel either and that's not a bad thing either.

it's not anything against the novel is what i'm saying  i'd say 8/10.     now i'm reading the Killer's Wedge by Ed McBain (1959)  the i think 7th or 8th 87th Precinct novel i forget which
FatFreddysCat
Movies, Metal, Beer!

« Reply #64 on: May 14, 2021, 09:59:55 AM »

Rocks: My Life In and Out of Aerosmith, by Joe Perry with David Ritz

Hey, HEY, kids! Check out my way-cool Music and Movie Review blog on HubPages!
http://hubpages.com/@fatfreddyscat
pennywise37

« Reply #65 on: May 15, 2021, 02:42:27 AM »

honestly i had no idea Joe Perry even wrote a book to be honest
pennywise37

« Reply #66 on: May 19, 2021, 02:52:41 AM »

well i finished that book that was the 8th by the way & now i'm reading the 9th called Till Death and this one i've read a few times through the years and i think it's one of the best ones but i haven't read it in years though so i actually do not  remember anything about it
Rev. Powell
Global Moderator
B-Movie Kraken

« Reply #67 on: May 31, 2021, 10:31:56 AM »

Not going to be easy reading, but it's been sitting in my "to get to" pile forever and it's time to do it!

pennywise37

« Reply #68 on: June 02, 2021, 12:05:18 AM »

i finished 2 books 1. Death Du Juror (1999) by Kathy Reighs which i think i spelled wrong? i never can seem to spell it right i guess lol. but she created the character Bones from the same show though in the book she's not called that and the book i read was the 2nd book in her Temperance Brennan book series.

i love the show but when i started the 1st book a couple years back and read that i knew it was gonna be completely different and it is and that's not a bad thing either, well that was yesterday morning i finished that and this morning i finished another one  Unnatural Exposure (1997( by Patrica Cornwell i started this sucker which is book #8 in her Scarpetta series than at some point i just didn't feel like reading anymore and it wasn't cause the book was bad either.

i get that way sometimes for some strange reason anyways, it only had like i think 74 pages left and i finished that last night in fact and both books were pretty good actually.

now i'm reading Patrica Cornwell's 9th book Point of Origin (1998)  this one i haven't read yet i'm only on like page 6 i think? on how long i've had this damn book i bought it in like (1999) when the paperback came out so it took me over 20 years to finally get around to actually reading it! anyone take that long to read a book they bought or was given years ago?
teenagehonvedfan
Dedicated Viewer

« Reply #69 on: June 06, 2021, 05:21:19 AM »

East of West by Jonathan Hickman. Cyberpunk western with the four horsemen and a very different America. It's pretty interesting so far.
pennywise37

« Reply #70 on: June 10, 2021, 02:16:21 AM »

i'm currently reading 2 books actually i read whatever the hell i'm in the mood for that's just the way i roll i guess. i've always been that way so the one i'm reading tonight it's the 10th book in the Kay Scarpetta series Black Notice (1999) by Patrica Cornwell  & the other is book #3 Deadly Decisions by Kathy Reichs (2000)

one i'm only on chapter 5 in Black Notice and i think Chapter maybe 3 in Deadly decisions i forget
Trevor
Uncle Zombie and Eminent Shitologist
B-Movie Kraken

« Reply #71 on: July 05, 2021, 01:55:01 AM »

Oliver Stone's CHASING THE LIGHT: a really good book about his life and attempts to break into Hollywood.

https://www.amazon.com/Chasing-Light-Directing-Surviving-Midnight/dp/0358346231

I know some people don't like him but I actually do and I never knew he had a sense of humor (a good one too).

I know I can make it on my own if I try, but I'm searching for the Great Heart
To stand me by, underneath the African sky
A Great Heart to stand me by.
pennywise37

« Reply #72 on: July 05, 2021, 04:00:14 AM »

well i did finish Black notice (1999) but i haven't finished Deadly Decisions that for now is put aside.  i did finish one book though Centatur Aisle (1981) by Piers Anthony Book #4 in the Xanth series at the moment i dunno if i'm gonna finish it or not but i'm currently reading book #5 Ogre,Ogre (1982) again by Piers Anthony this one is one of my favorite books in the long extremely long Xanth Series.
Trevor
Uncle Zombie and Eminent Shitologist
B-Movie Kraken

« Reply #73 on: July 05, 2021, 01:06:53 PM »

Just put

in the bathroom.

Rev, do you know why that pic from The Omen is on there?

I know I can make it on my own if I try, but I'm searching for the Great Heart
To stand me by, underneath the African sky
A Great Heart to stand me by.
Rev. Powell
Global Moderator
B-Movie Kraken

« Reply #74 on: July 05, 2021, 04:39:52 PM »

Just put

in the bathroom.

Rev, do you know why that pic from The Omen is on there?

It's not his worst pick for Fifty Worst Films of All Time. He also picked "Bring Me the Head of Alfredo Garcia," "Ivan the Terrible," and "Last Year in Marienbad."

Pages: 1 ... 3 4 [5] 6 7 ... 16
Badmovies.org Forum  |  Other Topics  |  Entertainment  |  New! Reading Anything Thread 2.0 « previous next »
    Jump to:  

RSS Feed Subscribe Subscribe by RSS
    Email Subscribe Subscribe by Email

Popular Articles
    How To Find A Bad Movie

The Champions of Justice

Plan 9 from Outer Space

Manos, The Hands of Fate

Podcast: Todd the Convenience Store Clerk

Faster, Pussycat! Kill! Kill!

Dragonball: The Magic Begins

Cool As Ice

The Educational Archives: Driver's Ed

Godzilla vs. Monster Zero

Do you have a zombie plan?

FROM THE BADMOVIES.ORG ARCHIVES
    ImageThe Giant Claw - Slime drop

Earth is visited by a GIANT ANTIMATTER SPACE BUZZARD! Gawk at the amazingly bad bird puppet, or chuckle over the silly dialog. This is one of the greatest b-movies ever made.

Lesson Learned:
    • Osmosis: os·mo·sis (oz-mo'sis, os-) n., 1. When a bird eats something.

Subscribe to Badmovies.org and get updates by email:

HOME B-Movie Reviews Reader Reviews Forum Interviews TV Shows Advertising Information Sideshows Links Contact

Badmovies.org is owned and operated by Andrew Borntreger. All original content is © 1998 - 2014 by its respective author(s). Image, video, and audio files are used in accordance with the Fair Use Law, and are property of the film copyright holders. You may freely link to any page (.html or .php) on this website, but reproduction in any other form must be authorized by the copyright holder.