Bad Movie Logo
"A website to the detriment of good film"
Custom Search
HOMEB-MOVIE REVIEWSREADER REVIEWSFORUMINTERVIEWSUPDATESABOUT
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
April 16, 2024, 02:05:04 AM
714147 Posts in 53091 Topics by 7732 Members
Latest Member: Larryfiste
Badmovies.org Forum  |  Other Topics  |  Off Topic Discussion  |  Alex's even longer post thread. « previous next »
Pages: 1 ... 15 16 [17] 18 19 ... 75
Author Topic: Alex's even longer post thread.  (Read 203100 times)
Allhallowsday
B-Movie Kraken

Either he's dead or my watch has stopped!

« Reply #240 on: October 22, 2020, 05:32:21 PM »

you're a really good hubby, as well as a good dad, alex. and a good friend, even if you do torture me any chance you get.  Cheers
Oh, Alex, don't let her sideswipe be misunderstood, she's just kidding with you.  She has written sideswipes to me often, pretending she was kidding.  Strangely, though, I thought she felt this forum was "...no longer worth much time to me anymore..." 
Oh, I know. I do torture her a lot. I believe Barri did say that she'd only be coming here for my posts on this thread though if I recall.

I admire loyalty maybe above everything.   Thumbup

If you want to view paradise . . . simply look around and view it!
Alex
B-Movie Kraken

« Reply #241 on: October 23, 2020, 01:34:50 PM »

Watching a live performance of Jeff Wayne’s War of the Worlds. He didn’t do bad there really. Make an album and them make a living out of it for the rest of his life. It is one of only a handful of concept albums I enjoy listening to. To me, for a concept album to work 1) the songs have to tell a coherent story and 2) the individual songs need to be listenable to their own as decent songs. Judas Priest’s take on Nostradamus was a big failure for me on the second point there, while Iron Maiden’s Seventh Son of a Seventh Son fails on the first. Queensryche did well to meld both with Operation Mindcrime. Just don’t ask about the sequel... It was a shame Alice Cooper’s The Last Temptation flopped as I thought it was a good album. Oh well.

But do you understand That none of this will matter Nothing can take your pain away
chefzombie
zombie chef to the stars
Frightening Fanatic of Horrible Cinema

« Reply #242 on: October 24, 2020, 02:56:57 PM »

i have to agree on the judas priest album. i liked it as a whole story, but there's no star stand alone song there. haven't heard the others in years, i'll have to pull them up on youtube.

don't EVEN...EVER!
Alex
B-Movie Kraken

« Reply #243 on: October 26, 2020, 04:30:32 PM »

Watched Wolf Creek 2 tonight. Couldn't help but think when the guy in his jeep was being chased by the articulated truck, why not just hit the brakes and turn around. By the time he'd gotten that monster turned around, you'd be well away. Then again several things about car chases in movies tend to make me think why the hell would you do that?

I'd taken the day off work today. Originally I should have been travelling back from Glasgow today after seeing Ozzy play on Sunday night, but that has been postponed until 2022.

Hopefully, he'll last that long. He isn't exactly young any more. 28 years since I last got to see him perform.

But do you understand That none of this will matter Nothing can take your pain away
chefzombie
zombie chef to the stars

« Reply #244 on: October 27, 2020, 09:05:04 PM »

40 for me.

don't EVEN...EVER!
Alex
B-Movie Kraken

« Reply #245 on: October 28, 2020, 03:43:53 PM »

You could always book a holiday for 2022. The rest of the world might not be shunning the US by then.

I guess that in a large degree depends on wither a man who is power is an international laughing stock or not.

Alex
B-Movie Kraken

« Reply #246 on: October 29, 2020, 03:43:24 PM »

Ordered Kristi a new desktop PC as an early Saturnalia present. It should arrive Saturday. We did plan on popping up to Inverness to do some shopping that day, but if I finish work early enough then we'll just go tomorrow. If not, then I guess we can wait until next week. I have Ash's big present to pick up from there as well as a couple of smaller ones for Kristi.

Then that is all the immediate family bought for and most of the wider family that we get stuff for. Easy mode this year. Hell, I've even bought my first present for next year lol.

Alex
B-Movie Kraken

« Reply #247 on: October 31, 2020, 04:06:45 AM »

So I finished work early yesterday and we immediately headed out to Inverness. I picked up the last of the things I wanted for Kristi as well as some extra impulse buys for her, like a giant stuffed D20 for her (it's about the size of a regular football).

While we were out they decided to deliver Kristi's computer a day early. Now I either have to head out to Elgin to pick it up, or she has to arrange redelivery and wait until Monday for it to pitch up.

While we were out I saw a Soviet tank that Kristi had asked if I'd wanted for my army some years ago. Despite saying yes, and dropping hints about it each year following I still hadn't been bought this vehicle, so I picked up the box and slipped it into where Kristi is storing my presents. She did spot it there and is slightly confused as she doesn't remember buying it for me. I am just keeping quiet there. Full credit to her for spotting it right away though lol.

Alex
B-Movie Kraken

« Reply #248 on: November 04, 2020, 08:13:01 AM »

So its election day in the US and they seem to be trying to decide who has won. Either one guy or the other *shrug*. The only reason I have an interest anymore is down to the Paris agreement. Beyond that, wouldn't care who was in the top seat right now. Kristi is a lot more concerned over the outcome than I am, but then again she is a US citizen so that is to be expected.

My QAnon workmate came in today declaring that trump had won it by a landslide and has continued to hold that view no matter how close it seems to be. For myself, I prefer to wait until a winner is officially announced. He stayed up all night to watch the results coming in. Hell, I won't even do that for my own countries elections, never mind anyone elses. The rest of the people in work seem slightly bemused by his obsession.

Anyway, we are going out today for a meal. Political shennigans can play out as they will and be damned.

Alex
B-Movie Kraken

« Reply #249 on: November 05, 2020, 06:06:30 AM »

So, Kristi was up in pain last night. It took until 5 am this morning before she got to sleep under heavy medication. We know what the problem is and it's being dealt with, but I figured I should take a couple of days off work to look after her. I had to pop into work first thing though to book a couple of days off work (and check that was ok with my boss ofc).

For the short time I was in work I found out an interesting amount of info from my workmate mentioned in the previous post.

Apparently the US department of homeland security has secretly put a radioactive isotope in each and every ballot paper that identifies each individual voter.

I don't know US law very well, but being able to identify individuals from their voting papers after they have voted like that seems potentially dodgy.

Anyway, they are about to reveal a huge level of voter fraud being perpatrated by the democrats when all these papers turn up without their radioactive tracker.

Hmm, I wonder how many of these radioactive trackers one would have to be exposed to before you have potential health risks? I wouldn't like to be a counter, or involved in the delivery of the ballots.

Anyway, the revalations are going to start a revolution that brings down democracies all over the world as it is revealed how corrupt they really are.

I just thought before civilisation collapses I'd give you all my best wishes and recommend you find a good place to watch the fall of the west. Me, I am off to the hills. They aren't any safer than the lowlands, but I figure I'll get a better view of it all from there. May you all find a way to survive and prosper in the upcoming apocalypse.

Of course, there is always the alternative theory that he is talking a load of bollocks.

I know which one my money is on.

Alex
B-Movie Kraken

« Reply #250 on: November 06, 2020, 11:24:34 AM »

If trump loses (and I have no idea if he has, hasn’t or if spontaneous combustion has taken the lot of them), will people spent the next 150 odd years displaying trump2020 flags. I mean the confederacy only lasted 4 years...

chefzombie
zombie chef to the stars

« Reply #251 on: November 06, 2020, 02:37:16 PM »

no , they'll get new ones that say trump 2024.

don't EVEN...EVER!
Alex
B-Movie Kraken

« Reply #252 on: November 08, 2020, 10:58:57 AM »

It is a very grim looking day out there today with a lot of heavy, grey clouds. We took a walk down to the harbour front regardless. Kristi had suggested, since we couldn't do the usual Rememberence Day stuff, that people paint up a rock and we put them on the side of a mound near the war memorial. The whole community has really jumped on board. She'd been hoping for 240 rocks (one for each name on the memorial). They've went way beyond that.

They have decided to do this every year and are looking for somewhere to display the stones permanently. Rather proud of her for starting a new tradition.

chefzombie
zombie chef to the stars

« Reply #253 on: November 08, 2020, 03:14:25 PM »

that's wonderful! could they maybe be epoxies on to the base of the memorial?

don't EVEN...EVER!
Alex
B-Movie Kraken

« Reply #254 on: November 10, 2020, 11:11:12 AM »

Possibly. The community council is discussing things with local council.

This is the war memorial in Lossie.

Two of the guys in work are having a bet over the US election and wither or not any fraudulent voting will be uncovered. Or is it wither covid is now going to suddenly and magically disappear now that the election is over? One of them. I sort of half, vaguely paid attention. Either way there is a can of coke at stake over who is right.
« Last Edit: November 10, 2020, 11:59:05 AM by Alex » Logged

Pages: 1 ... 15 16 [17] 18 19 ... 75
Badmovies.org Forum  |  Other Topics  |  Off Topic Discussion  |  Alex's even longer post thread. « previous next »
    Jump to:  

RSS Feed Subscribe Subscribe by RSS
    Email Subscribe Subscribe by Email

Popular Articles
    How To Find A Bad Movie

The Champions of Justice

Plan 9 from Outer Space

Manos, The Hands of Fate

Podcast: Todd the Convenience Store Clerk

Faster, Pussycat! Kill! Kill!

Dragonball: The Magic Begins

Cool As Ice

The Educational Archives: Driver's Ed

Godzilla vs. Monster Zero

Do you have a zombie plan?

FROM THE BADMOVIES.ORG ARCHIVES
    ImageThe Giant Claw - Slime drop

Earth is visited by a GIANT ANTIMATTER SPACE BUZZARD! Gawk at the amazingly bad bird puppet, or chuckle over the silly dialog. This is one of the greatest b-movies ever made.

Lesson Learned:
    • Osmosis: os·mo·sis (oz-mo'sis, os-) n., 1. When a bird eats something.

Subscribe to Badmovies.org and get updates by email:

HOME B-Movie Reviews Reader Reviews Forum Interviews TV Shows Advertising Information Sideshows Links Contact

Badmovies.org is owned and operated by Andrew Borntreger. All original content is © 1998 - 2014 by its respective author(s). Image, video, and audio files are used in accordance with the Fair Use Law, and are property of the film copyright holders. You may freely link to any page (.html or .php) on this website, but reproduction in any other form must be authorized by the copyright holder.