Main Menu

Recent Movie Purchases, part 2

Started by Rev. Powell, April 25, 2020, 12:17:49 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

pennywise37

funny enough i've never seen that one there's a lot of famous movies that people have loved for many years that i haven't seen and it's not because i refuse to see them it's just i haven't gotten a chance to watch them that's all.

LilCerberus

Recently bought Rumble Fish because I couldn't find any any YouTube videos where they talk about The Pied Piper...
The Glory Stompers because I couldn't find any jpgs of Bono In A Tree.................
AND, the last great movie recommendation by the late great Rush Hudson Limbaugh III, The Lives Of Others (2006)
"Science Fiction & Nostalgia have become the same thing!" - T Bone Burnett
The world runs off money, even for those with a warped sense of what the world is.

zelmo73

Police Story 1 & 2: Criterion Collection on blu ray. I'm really stoked about this one, even more than I was about the Bruce Lee Criterion Collection that I bought on blu ray last summer.  :cheers:

First rule is, 'The laws of Germany'
Second rule is, 'Be nice to mommy'
Third rule is, 'Don't talk to commies'
Fourth rule is, 'Eat kosher salamis'
------------------
The Dalai Lama walks into a pizza shop and says "Make me one with everything!"

bob

I bought my dad the following for his birthday:

Airplane & Airplane 2 DVD 2 in 1 pack
Hereditary
King Kong (1933)
Kubrick, Nolan, Tarantino, Wan, Iñárritu, Scorsese, Chaplin, Abrams, Wes Anderson, Gilliam, Kurosawa, Villeneuve - the elite

I believe in the international communist conspiracy to sap and impurify all of our precious bodily fluids.

FatFreddysCat

DVDs for a buck from a local record store:

Spectre
Indiana Jones and the Last Crusade
Dean Koontz's Phantoms
Hey, HEY, kids! Check out my way-cool Music and Movie Review blog on HubPages!
http://hubpages.com/@fatfreddyscat

The Burgomaster

"Do not walk behind me, for I may not lead. Do not walk ahead of me, for I may not follow. Do not walk beside me either. Just pretty much leave me the hell alone."

Rev. Powell

I was tempted, Burgo, but resisted.

Instead I went for

I'll take you places the hand of man has not yet set foot...

pennywise37

awhile back i bought The Ten Commandments (1956) 4K  recently it was  Stargate SG-1 (1997-2007)

Trevor

Mission Impossible: Fallout.

Once I watched it, I realized what an idiot I was for not seeing it in the theatre.

That scene where Tom Cruise breaks his ankle  :buggedout: :buggedout: :buggedout:
We shall meet in the place where there is no darkness.

Ticonderoga 64

bob

Robocop Criterion Collection
Happy Death Day
Kubrick, Nolan, Tarantino, Wan, Iñárritu, Scorsese, Chaplin, Abrams, Wes Anderson, Gilliam, Kurosawa, Villeneuve - the elite

I believe in the international communist conspiracy to sap and impurify all of our precious bodily fluids.

Archivist

Quote from: zelmo73 on March 27, 2021, 02:39:49 AM
Police Story 1 & 2: Criterion Collection on blu ray. I'm really stoked about this one, even more than I was about the Bruce Lee Criterion Collection that I bought on blu ray last summer.  :cheers:

Police Story Criterion Collection? And Bruce Lee Criterion Collection?? I need to go to the shops more often. How is the video and audio quality?

My recent purchases are TENET blu ray and the Hobbs and Shaw blu ray. Nothing like a little balance.
"Many others since have tried & failed at making a watchable parasite slug movie" - LilCerberus

LilCerberus

Repo Man (1984) on The Criterion Collection two disc set...

Then, for the life of me, I don't know why, I bought the Anchor Bay limited edition collectors' tin, even though I already have the soundtrack on 4track/cassette & CD ripped to my PC.......

Neither of which mention deleted scenes...........
But both were at the price I was looking to spend..........
"Science Fiction & Nostalgia have become the same thing!" - T Bone Burnett
The world runs off money, even for those with a warped sense of what the world is.

FatFreddysCat

A few more dollar DVDs from the local used music/book/movie emporium:

The Empire Strikes Back

Return of the Jedi

Face/Off

FatFreddysCat

Previously-viewed movie score at Dollar General:

Star Wars: The Force Awakens (DVD/Blu Ray combo)