Bad Movie Logo
"A website to the detriment of good film"
Custom Search
HOMEB-MOVIE REVIEWSREADER REVIEWSFORUMINTERVIEWSUPDATESABOUT
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
April 18, 2024, 10:58:16 AM
714208 Posts in 53092 Topics by 7734 Members
Latest Member: BlackVuemmo
Badmovies.org Forum  |  Other Topics  |  Off Topic Discussion  |  Random Statements About Something NOBODY Cares About, the resurrection « previous next »
Pages: 1 ... 27 28 [29] 30 31 ... 85
Author Topic: Random Statements About Something NOBODY Cares About, the resurrection  (Read 208967 times)
RCMerchant
Bela
B-Movie Kraken

"Charlie,we're in HELL!"-"yeah,ain't it groovy?!"

« Reply #420 on: July 13, 2021, 06:00:14 PM »

^Just because I agree that tearing down statues is stupid, doesn't mean I'm gonna crawl down some political rabbit hole with you.

"Supernatural?...perhaps. Baloney?...Perhaps not!" Bela Lugosi-the BLACK CAT (1934)
Interviewer-"Does Dracula ever end for you?
Lugosi-"No. Dracula-never ends."

Slobber, Drool, Drip!
https://www.tumblr.com/ronmerchant
LilCerberus
A Very Bad Person, overweight bald guy with a missing tooth, and
Frightening Fanatic of Horrible Cinema

Quis custodiet ipsos custodes?

« Reply #421 on: July 13, 2021, 06:18:48 PM »

^Just statin' the facts^

"Science Fiction & Nostalgia have become the same thing!" - T Bone Burnett
The world runs off money, even for those with a warped sense of what the world is.
RCMerchant
Bela
B-Movie Kraken

« Reply #422 on: July 13, 2021, 06:31:02 PM »

Groovy, man. Whatever blows your hair back.  Thumbup

"Supernatural?...perhaps. Baloney?...Perhaps not!" Bela Lugosi-the BLACK CAT (1934)

Slobber, Drool, Drip!
RCMerchant
Bela
B-Movie Kraken

« Reply #423 on: July 13, 2021, 06:46:17 PM »

My son Jed, who is 29 now, asked me if life was going to get any better. I said "No. Just different." He laughed his ass off!  BounceGiggle

Slobber, Drool, Drip!
pacman000
« Reply #424 on: July 13, 2021, 08:06:43 PM »

My pitch when selling chainsaws: This one’s not better; this one’s not worse. They’re just different, & you pick the one which best suits your needs.
claws
« Reply #425 on: July 14, 2021, 01:44:33 AM »

I wonder what Ridley Scott thought of Aliens (1986). I've googled but seem not to find any Scott comments on Cameron's sequel.
zelmo73
Eater of Hobbits

Bad day at the construction site

« Reply #426 on: July 14, 2021, 04:27:51 AM »

...Insulting that they tore down the Sacagewea statue because her scouting stance was seen as "subservient" to the Lewis & Clark "white" statues, which were also torn down by the order of the city council. You know, there are not many Native American monuments to begin with, and I find it ironic that the far left who cries the most about minority culture is also the same far left that is most responsible for erasing Native Americans out of pop culture completely just for the sake of being "woke".  Lookingup
For once I agree with Zelmo- knocking down or destroying old statues is moronic.
Is doesn't change history or anything else.

I agree with Zelmo too, and it's not my first time.  I cannot understand the removal of a Sacajawea statue.  It is perplexing. 

Some of my friends and family laughed at me last year because I was so ticked off about it, but what really got me started on this whole Native American erasure thing that is methodically going on now was the removal of the Land Lakes Butter lady. It was such a nonoffensive logo; even if you are offended by such things as the Atlanta Braves or Washington Redskins (now Washington Football Team) there was nothing offensive about it at all. Yes, I know that Land Lakes is the private sector and all that and they can do whatever they want with their business, but watching them cave to such light political pressure just to appear "woke" is just a damned shame. I mean really now...this offended people?

First rule is, 'The laws of Germany'
Second rule is, 'Be nice to mommy'
Third rule is, 'Don't talk to commies'
Fourth rule is, 'Eat kosher salamis'
------------------
The Dalai Lama walks into a pizza shop and says "Make me one with everything!"
zelmo73
Eater of Hobbits

« Reply #427 on: July 14, 2021, 04:29:35 AM »

My son Jed, who is 29 now, asked me if life was going to get any better. I said "No. Just different." He laughed his ass off!  BounceGiggle

"As you get older, your joints get more sore and stiffer, and you have to pee more often. Other than that, you're still the same punk kid that you were at 21." That's what I'm going to tell my little boy when he pops that question at me someday.  Cheers

------------------
Allhallowsday
B-Movie Kraken

Either he's dead or my watch has stopped!

« Reply #428 on: July 14, 2021, 04:55:44 PM »

^Just because I agree that tearing down statues is stupid, doesn't mean I'm gonna crawl down some political rabbit hole with you.

BounceGiggle BounceGiggle BounceGiggle  THANK YOU! 

If you want to view paradise . . . simply look around and view it!
Allhallowsday
B-Movie Kraken

Either he's dead or my watch has stopped!

« Reply #429 on: July 14, 2021, 04:57:52 PM »

I wonder what Ridley Scott thought of Aliens (1986). I've googled but seem not to find any Scott comments on Cameron's sequel.

One thing's for sure, the original is superior to all of its sequels and most Scifi/Horror films.   Thumbup TeddyR

If you want to view paradise . . . simply look around and view it!
RCMerchant
Bela
B-Movie Kraken

« Reply #430 on: July 15, 2021, 09:32:23 AM »

"As you get older, your joints get more sore and stiffer, and you have to pee more often. Other than that, you're still the same punk kid that you were at 21." That's what I'm going to tell my little boy when he pops that question at me someday.  Cheers

Well, I don't go to jail no more! (knock on wood).
I don't take a crowbar to my car because it won't start. I've mellowed out. Plus I can't even walk down the street. I have a bad heart. I take a f**king tractor. I can't afford a car. But I live in an area wear I can drive a tractor to the store. Very small town.

I been living around here since 1970.
« Last Edit: July 15, 2021, 09:43:17 AM by RCMerchant » Logged

Slobber, Drool, Drip!
indianasmith
Archeologist, Theologian, Elder Scrolls Addict, and a
B-Movie Kraken

A good bad movie is like popcorn for the soul!

« Reply #431 on: July 15, 2021, 11:47:38 AM »

The best advice my publisher ever gave me: Always carry copies of your books wherever you go.
Since I got my copies of PRESIDENT HAMILTON a week ago, I've sold books at the bank, the insurance company, my school, and now at the grocery store!

"I shall smite you in the nostrils with a rod of iron, and wax your spleen with Efferdent!!"
pacman000
« Reply #432 on: July 15, 2021, 12:12:36 PM »

Am I the only person who likes the Marmaduke comic strip/panel?
zelmo73
Eater of Hobbits

« Reply #433 on: July 15, 2021, 12:46:44 PM »

Am I the only person who likes the Marmaduke comic strip/panel?

I’d rather watch that movie instead of the mini-Clifford The Sorta Big Red Dog movie that is coming out soon.

------------------
zelmo73
Eater of Hobbits

« Reply #434 on: July 15, 2021, 12:50:46 PM »

One thing's for sure, the original is superior to all of its sequels and most Scifi/Horror films.   Thumbup TeddyR

I let my then-3 year old son watch it one night, thinking that the movie’s slow pace in the first act would put him to sleep. Instead he stayed up and watched intently the entire 2 hours of the movie, then had me keep rewinding all of the Alien’s “gotcha” scenes so he could watch them again. He has seen the movie countless times now and it is one of his all-time favorites. I think I’m raising him quite well.  Cheers

------------------
Pages: 1 ... 27 28 [29] 30 31 ... 85
Badmovies.org Forum  |  Other Topics  |  Off Topic Discussion  |  Random Statements About Something NOBODY Cares About, the resurrection « previous next »
    Jump to:  

RSS Feed Subscribe Subscribe by RSS
    Email Subscribe Subscribe by Email

Popular Articles
    How To Find A Bad Movie

The Champions of Justice

Plan 9 from Outer Space

Manos, The Hands of Fate

Podcast: Todd the Convenience Store Clerk

Faster, Pussycat! Kill! Kill!

Dragonball: The Magic Begins

Cool As Ice

The Educational Archives: Driver's Ed

Godzilla vs. Monster Zero

Do you have a zombie plan?

FROM THE BADMOVIES.ORG ARCHIVES
    ImageThe Giant Claw - Slime drop

Earth is visited by a GIANT ANTIMATTER SPACE BUZZARD! Gawk at the amazingly bad bird puppet, or chuckle over the silly dialog. This is one of the greatest b-movies ever made.

Lesson Learned:
    • Osmosis: os·mo·sis (oz-mo'sis, os-) n., 1. When a bird eats something.

Subscribe to Badmovies.org and get updates by email:

HOME B-Movie Reviews Reader Reviews Forum Interviews TV Shows Advertising Information Sideshows Links Contact

Badmovies.org is owned and operated by Andrew Borntreger. All original content is © 1998 - 2014 by its respective author(s). Image, video, and audio files are used in accordance with the Fair Use Law, and are property of the film copyright holders. You may freely link to any page (.html or .php) on this website, but reproduction in any other form must be authorized by the copyright holder.