Bad Movie Logo
"A website to the detriment of good film"
Custom Search
HOMEB-MOVIE REVIEWSREADER REVIEWSFORUMINTERVIEWSUPDATESABOUT
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
April 24, 2024, 07:00:36 PM
714349 Posts in 53094 Topics by 7741 Members
Latest Member: SashaHilly
Badmovies.org Forum  |  Movies  |  Bad Movies  |  Children of The Corn 2: The Final Sacrifice (1992) « previous next »
Pages: [1] 2
Author Topic: Children of The Corn 2: The Final Sacrifice (1992)  (Read 6428 times)
zombie no.one
Frightening Fanatic of Horrible Cinema

Oookaay...

« on: April 11, 2021, 03:35:10 AM »

random dvd buy. Never seen part 1 (or if I have then I've forgotten it)

For some reason I had it in my head this franchise was really dull and dreary, but this was surprisingly fun. An early 90s horror with a late-80s feel. Treads the line between serious and cheesy in a good way, has a few typically over-the-top moments and characters... a little bit of melodrama, bit of a teen romance subplot... plus some great kills! better than yer average Friday 13th kills.

might have to check pt 3 from 95

The Mandela Effect is a Mandela Effect
claws
« Reply #1 on: April 11, 2021, 03:51:24 AM »

How I would rank the COTC movies:

1. Children of the Corn (1984) 2.5/5
 2. Children of the Corn II: The Final Sacrifice (1992) 1/5
 3. Children of the Corn IV: The Gathering (1996) 1/5
 4. Children of the Corn III: Urban Harvest (1995) 1/5
 5. Children of the Corn V: Fields of Terror (1998) 0.5/5
 6. Children of the Corn: Runaway (2018) 0.5/5
 7. Children of the Corn (2009) 0.5/5
 8. Children of the Corn: Genesis (2011) 0.5/5
 9. Children of the Corn: Revelation (2001) 0.5/5
 10. Children of the Corn 666: Isaac's Return (1999) 0.5/5
zombie no.one

Oookaay...

« Reply #2 on: April 11, 2021, 03:58:52 AM »

really 1/5 for part 2? harsh. I even thought it had good special fx. just a fun horror of that era imo... the atmosphere reminded me a bit of TICKS

can't seem to find a region 2 release of part 3...  4 and 5 have them tho

claws
« Reply #3 on: April 11, 2021, 05:41:53 AM »

I recall bad CGI morphing in the sequel if memory serves. I do have fond memories of renting this at the video store. I thought it was awesome that Paramount released this on tape (US only). It gave the impression of good quality because it was distributed by a big studio.

The first had a few memorable moments, and the acting was decent (Linda Hamilton). But all combined it still didn't make for a good movie. The biggest flaw was the ending. The ending was disappointingly anticlimatic after a very long build up. Just a bunch of hot air, and the final scene was just cringe inducing.

The sequel was alright for what it was but still paled compared to the first which wasn't all that good to begin with.
zombie no.one

Oookaay...

« Reply #4 on: April 11, 2021, 07:52:59 AM »

fair enough....

wiki says the euro release has a CGI sequence cut from the middle of the film... not sure why that would be, but it must've been cause I don't remember one in the middle. however there was one at the climax, that I thought was pretty good!

claws
« Reply #5 on: April 11, 2021, 08:20:14 AM »

wiki says the euro release has a CGI sequence cut from the middle of the film...

Ahh yes, I think it was the one with, um, bubbles of blood or something? It looked awful. I can see why this was cut for the European market  BounceGiggle Wink
bob
I survived Bucky Larson

Torgo watches you masterbate!

« Reply #6 on: April 12, 2021, 10:55:20 AM »

no Dosdower, needs a new subtitle

Kubrick, Nolan, Tarantino, Wan, Iñárritu, Scorsese, Chaplin, Abrams, Wes Anderson, Gilliam, Kurosawa - the elite

I believe in the international communist conspiracy to sap and impurify all of our precious bodily fluids.
pennywise37

« Reply #7 on: April 12, 2021, 08:31:09 PM »

the 1st one the Original one that is is among my favorite horror films of all time and it gave me plenty of nightmares while growing up.  i have not seen any of the sequels that i thought were good i have not seen them all but all of the ones i have seen you really kind of wonder why even bother? i know King is big money don't get me wrong but after part 1 (1984) these films are such at the bottom of his films of anything that why even bother? i mean kinda like why bother making at last count 23 Amityville horror films? none of them at all i consider great films at all the 1st one is a decent film but that's about it, i grew up with part 3 actually and i haven't seen that one in years but really that really is the last decent one. the rest are utter crap of the  ones i have seen

i remember when part 2 came out way back in (1992) i wondered why they waited so long for a new one? i still wonder that to be honest,  if you want to do a SK film why go after one of this worst series? they can't be that much of a hit on video can they?
zombie no.one

Oookaay...

« Reply #8 on: April 13, 2021, 01:31:38 AM »

hey I respect your opinions but I think you're all being way too harsh on this sequel...  Question

I've ordered parts 4 and 5. straight away just from the dvd artwork it looks like they probably take themselves a bit too seriously but I'll see....

claws
« Reply #9 on: April 13, 2021, 02:06:09 AM »

Giving the sequel a low rating doesn't mean I hate it.
I love part III because the cheese to me is amazingly fun. I used to pimp III at various message boards, telling everyone that if you enjoyed Troll 2 you'll get a kick out of COTC III: Urban Harvest but it was like nobody agreed with me  BounceGiggle

As they say, one persons treasure is another persons trash. It is almost impossible to rate "cheese" because people react differently to cheesy movies.
I do enjoy part 2 and that's why I ranked it as #2 because technically it is the "better" movie than IV and III, but I still couldn't give it more than 1/5.
« Last Edit: April 13, 2021, 02:57:16 AM by claws » Logged
zombie no.one

Oookaay...

« Reply #10 on: April 13, 2021, 03:40:54 AM »

damn I wish part 3 was available in region 2 but it seems not... really want to see it now  Smile

yeah I get you... when I rate stuff I do it according to enjoyment factor only, but I understand the other way of down-rating 'cheese' and fun crappy stuff, versus genuinely good stuff

pennywise37

« Reply #11 on: April 13, 2021, 07:09:08 PM »

i haven't seen all of them to be fair so i can't say part 2 is bad if i haven't seen it though that remake from 2009 WOW was that thing awful i tried to watch and it was so bad i shut it off without like 5 or 10 minutes i forget which,  but Troll 2 (1990) now that's a film i shut off within like 2 or 3 minutes cause the acting was so bad that could not sit through it at all and since there's nobody i like at all that had a thing to with it i didn't watch it
zombie no.one

Oookaay...

« Reply #12 on: April 14, 2021, 12:59:00 AM »

but Troll 2 (1990) now that's a film i shut off within like 2 or 3 minutes cause the acting was so bad that could not sit through it at all and since there's nobody i like at all that had a thing to with it i didn't watch it

can I suggest Goodmovies.org, you might prefer it there...  Smile

claws
« Reply #13 on: April 14, 2021, 02:07:42 AM »

...as I said, people react diffrently to cheese  TeddyR

I know folks who praise the Ferrigno Hercules movie as cheesetastic. To me that cheese is dull and boring   Bluesad
pennywise37

« Reply #14 on: April 17, 2021, 02:02:07 AM »

there's a lot of films i love that people say are terrible but to each their own , i'm a huge Cinema Snob fan though his older episodes i think are better than the newer ones and he as it's called Snobbed Troll 2 (1990) and that's more bearable than the actual film.

we all know that movies are made for the money but at some point you really do wonder that what kind of money does the children of the corn films even make now? it's got to be not that much i mean one hasn't hit the big screen as far as i know since the original in (1984) part 2 maybe but other than that each one seems to be worse,  kinda like the Hellraiser films where at some point they weren't even Originally Hellraiser movies but detective films that they changed to a horror film.

the Friday the 13th films for example still make money that's not a question but some of the series out there they can't make that much money can they? even before downloading movies off the net it just makes me wonder can they make enough for another pointless sequel? much like Amityvile or the Howling series

i haven't seen the last couple but the 1st one for some reason i loved as a kid but as i'm older it's weird i really don't care for the film anymore but i love part 3 and i think 6 the one that came out in (1991) the rest i think are just plain awful. the FX work for the 1st film and they are fantastic but while the film isn't bad compared to the 7th one for example and i don't think it's a terrible movie by any means it's just not among my favorites anymore which is just weird cause i loved it for so many years but in the last decade or so my opinion has changed on it
Pages: [1] 2
Badmovies.org Forum  |  Movies  |  Bad Movies  |  Children of The Corn 2: The Final Sacrifice (1992) « previous next »
    Jump to:  

RSS Feed Subscribe Subscribe by RSS
    Email Subscribe Subscribe by Email

Popular Articles
    How To Find A Bad Movie

The Champions of Justice

Plan 9 from Outer Space

Manos, The Hands of Fate

Podcast: Todd the Convenience Store Clerk

Faster, Pussycat! Kill! Kill!

Dragonball: The Magic Begins

Cool As Ice

The Educational Archives: Driver's Ed

Godzilla vs. Monster Zero

Do you have a zombie plan?

FROM THE BADMOVIES.ORG ARCHIVES
    ImageThe Giant Claw - Slime drop

Earth is visited by a GIANT ANTIMATTER SPACE BUZZARD! Gawk at the amazingly bad bird puppet, or chuckle over the silly dialog. This is one of the greatest b-movies ever made.

Lesson Learned:
    • Osmosis: os·mo·sis (oz-mo'sis, os-) n., 1. When a bird eats something.

Subscribe to Badmovies.org and get updates by email:

HOME B-Movie Reviews Reader Reviews Forum Interviews TV Shows Advertising Information Sideshows Links Contact

Badmovies.org is owned and operated by Andrew Borntreger. All original content is © 1998 - 2014 by its respective author(s). Image, video, and audio files are used in accordance with the Fair Use Law, and are property of the film copyright holders. You may freely link to any page (.html or .php) on this website, but reproduction in any other form must be authorized by the copyright holder.