Bad Movie Logo
"A website to the detriment of good film"
Custom Search
HOMEB-MOVIE REVIEWSREADER REVIEWSFORUMINTERVIEWSUPDATESABOUT
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
April 18, 2024, 01:40:00 PM
714217 Posts in 53092 Topics by 7734 Members
Latest Member: BlackVuemmo
Badmovies.org Forum  |  Movies  |  Bad Movies  |  Children of The Corn 2: The Final Sacrifice (1992) « previous next »
Pages: 1 [2]
Author Topic: Children of The Corn 2: The Final Sacrifice (1992)  (Read 6419 times)
zombie no.one
Frightening Fanatic of Horrible Cinema

Oookaay...

« Reply #15 on: April 20, 2021, 06:17:28 AM »

yeah I'm sure they can't be big money spinners... I mean how many hardcore fans are there of this series? I will hoover up 80s/90s horror all day long and even I never bothered checking them till now...

I've now watched Parts 4 and 5

4 was quite downbeat, understated. Naomi Watts was pretty good... not much different from her character in MULHOLLAND DRIVE. overall it was a tad dull but not a disaster.

5 was horrible. very amateur and kind of half-assed. Eva Mendez was hopeless, but not in an amusingly bad way (apparently she has admitted how crap she was in this).

I probably won't be rewatching either, or progressing to Part 6... Part 2 will stay in the collection though!
« Last Edit: April 20, 2021, 06:19:49 AM by zombie no.one » Logged

The Mandela Effect is a Mandela Effect
pennywise37

« Reply #16 on: April 20, 2021, 10:49:02 AM »

i dunno which one it was but the one with David Carradine is beyond awful and i think Kane Hodder if my memory is right played a bartender in it. there's one i think it's part 6? (1999) where John Franklin returned to his most famous role but that one he's the lead in actually and i haven't seen so i can't say how good or bad he's in it or how bad or how good the film even is.  him returning to the role when i first learned about it years ago is surprising actually i know he died in the 1st one so i dunno how that was written in at all

i can't remember but i did think did see the one with Michael Ironside i think that was from 2001? that one is pretty bad as well
claws
« Reply #17 on: April 20, 2021, 11:34:42 AM »

yeah I'm sure they can't be big money spinners... I mean how many hardcore fans are there of this series? I will hoover up 80s/90s horror all day long and even I never bothered checking them till now...

I've now watched Parts 4 and 5

4 was quite downbeat, understated. Naomi Watts was pretty good... not much different from her character in MULHOLLAND DRIVE. overall it was a tad dull but not a disaster.

5 was horrible. very amateur and kind of half-assed. Eva Mendez was hopeless, but not in an amusingly bad way (apparently she has admitted how crap she was in this).

I probably won't be rewatching either, or progressing to Part 6... Part 2 will stay in the collection though!

All the others aren't much "better". Don't know why but I own most of these and mostly on Blu-ray as I was curious how they fare in HD. They are still bad sequels but at least look and sound good on blu  Wink
zombie no.one

Oookaay...

« Reply #18 on: April 20, 2021, 01:07:42 PM »

for some reason the dvd of part 4 I got played the whole film in a box about 2/3rds the size of my tv screen and I couldn't change it... it said 'widescreen' on the box as well  Bluesad

@pennywise yeah part 5 had David Carradine. there are some pretty well known guys in these things considering how trashy they are !

pennywise37

« Reply #19 on: April 20, 2021, 07:36:23 PM »

i know it's weird ain't it? i know there are actors/actresses who do the film to just pay the bills that i get but some of them you really wonder why they even went near them,  Christopher Lee comes to mind on some films he did such as Curse 3: The Bite i think it's called (1991) or Funnyman (1994) he clearly didn't need the money by than i'm sure.
Archivist

« Reply #20 on: April 21, 2021, 11:32:56 PM »

we all know that movies are made for the money but at some point you really do wonder that what kind of money does the children of the corn films even make now? it's got to be not that much i mean one hasn't hit the big screen as far as i know since the original in (1984) part 2 maybe but other than that each one seems to be worse,  kinda like the Hellraiser films where at some point they weren't even Originally Hellraiser movies but detective films that they changed to a horror film.

I don't know about the COTC movies, but Uwe Boll was famous for making bad movies that kept getting investor funding. There was apparently a tax scheme that allowed investors to write off their contributions on tax if the movie did poorly. Maybe similar tax write off schemes are being employed with the later sequels of COTC.

"Many others since have tried & failed at making a watchable parasite slug movie" - LilCerberus
pennywise37

« Reply #21 on: April 22, 2021, 12:04:30 AM »

that raises a good point but to be fair some of the films that Uwe boll not all of them from what he said in an interview from a few years ago some of his films had lot of interference if he's telling the truth that is and he seemed like a guy that was being honest, now i'm not saying that's an excuse for all his films but there are ones even he regretted making such as Alone in the dark (2005) he did regret casting Tara Reid.

i dunno like i said if it's an excuse or not but studio's have been known to interfere he also said that the studios are the ones who wanted him to keep doing the video game movies lord knows why they did terrible at the box office if he's telling the truth
claws
« Reply #22 on: April 22, 2021, 01:32:59 AM »

Money-grabbing the Weinsteins released the COTC sequels after part II. They would have dropped them if they didn't made money off of them. Rental business was still booming in the 1990s, and the sequels were made cheap and went direct-to-video. Some of them had the Stephen King name attached, which would pull in even more rentals. Quite a lot of movies made more money as video rentals than they did at theaters.

The Weinsteins rushed out new sequels for Hellraiser and COTC in 2011 so that their rights to the franchises won't expire. They put in a lot of effort to maintain the rights and the only reason was $$$.

Not sure who owns the rights now. I think Hellraiser went back to Clive Barker. No idea about COTC.
zombie no.one

Oookaay...

« Reply #23 on: April 22, 2021, 02:25:10 AM »

Quite a lot of movies made more money as video rentals than they did at theaters.

apparently Chuck Norris INVASION USA was MGM studios 2nd biggest vhs rental money maker after GONE WITH THE WIND

I had honestly never even heard of INVASION USA until a few years ago. (Heard of Chuck Norris obviously but not that film...)

edit, I typed 'Chick Morris' lol... bloody phone
« Last Edit: April 22, 2021, 02:28:43 AM by zombie no.one » Logged

pennywise37

« Reply #24 on: April 22, 2021, 07:53:17 PM »

iv'e heard of invasion USA (1985) i think? i've just never have seen it though.  that's a good point i always have loved the company  Miramax really only cause they put out some of my favorite films it's just a damn shame that douche bag/rapist  was the head of the company. yet i get tired of them making movies just cause one isn't made i dunno why you have to make a film just cause the rights expire wouldn't it be easier if you just renew the contract? but than i don't know anything on how it all works so i could be wrong.
Pages: 1 [2]
Badmovies.org Forum  |  Movies  |  Bad Movies  |  Children of The Corn 2: The Final Sacrifice (1992) « previous next »
    Jump to:  

RSS Feed Subscribe Subscribe by RSS
    Email Subscribe Subscribe by Email

Popular Articles
    How To Find A Bad Movie

The Champions of Justice

Plan 9 from Outer Space

Manos, The Hands of Fate

Podcast: Todd the Convenience Store Clerk

Faster, Pussycat! Kill! Kill!

Dragonball: The Magic Begins

Cool As Ice

The Educational Archives: Driver's Ed

Godzilla vs. Monster Zero

Do you have a zombie plan?

FROM THE BADMOVIES.ORG ARCHIVES
    ImageThe Giant Claw - Slime drop

Earth is visited by a GIANT ANTIMATTER SPACE BUZZARD! Gawk at the amazingly bad bird puppet, or chuckle over the silly dialog. This is one of the greatest b-movies ever made.

Lesson Learned:
    • Osmosis: os·mo·sis (oz-mo'sis, os-) n., 1. When a bird eats something.

Subscribe to Badmovies.org and get updates by email:

HOME B-Movie Reviews Reader Reviews Forum Interviews TV Shows Advertising Information Sideshows Links Contact

Badmovies.org is owned and operated by Andrew Borntreger. All original content is © 1998 - 2014 by its respective author(s). Image, video, and audio files are used in accordance with the Fair Use Law, and are property of the film copyright holders. You may freely link to any page (.html or .php) on this website, but reproduction in any other form must be authorized by the copyright holder.