Bad Movie Logo
"A website to the detriment of good film"
Custom Search
HOMEB-MOVIE REVIEWSREADER REVIEWSFORUMINTERVIEWSUPDATESABOUT
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
April 18, 2024, 08:10:53 PM
714223 Posts in 53092 Topics by 7734 Members
Latest Member: BlackVuemmo
Badmovies.org Forum  |  Movies  |  Bad Movies  |  The Movie Character D-bag Hall of Shame « previous next »
Pages: 1 [2] 3 4
Author Topic: The Movie Character D-bag Hall of Shame  (Read 12051 times)
Allhallowsday
B-Movie Kraken

Either he's dead or my watch has stopped!

« Reply #15 on: April 17, 2021, 01:27:32 AM »

Amon Goth

If you want to view paradise . . . simply look around and view it!
chainsaw midget
Frightening Fanatic of Horrible Cinema

« Reply #16 on: April 17, 2021, 08:43:00 AM »

Chet from Weird Science. 

You can just tell this guy is a D-bag just by looking at this picture.
pacman000
« Reply #17 on: April 17, 2021, 08:50:10 AM »

I don't know about listing antagonists; aren't they, by definition, d-bags? If so, isn't it redundant to list them?

They again, perhaps some antagonists are extra bad, & they deserve to be listed?
chainsaw midget

« Reply #18 on: April 17, 2021, 09:29:33 AM »

I don't know about listing antagonists; aren't they, by definition, d-bags? If so, isn't it redundant to list them?

They again, perhaps some antagonists are extra bad, & they deserve to be listed?
I think there's a pretty big difference between being a d-bag and being a villain.  It's like how you can be evil but not be a jerk about it.  

You don't ever hear anyone say "Dracula was such a d-bag," or "The Joker is a total a d-bag."  

(I've been typing out "d-bag".  Can we not actually say douche here?  Does the board sensor catch that?.)  

edit:  Looks like we can say it.
claws
« Reply #19 on: April 17, 2021, 09:54:26 AM »

William Zabka in pretty much every film he's been in. Above is from Just One of the Guys (1985)

He's the King of 1980s douche bags.
claws
« Reply #20 on: April 17, 2021, 10:04:00 AM »

Leslie Nielsen as 'Paul Jensen' (had to look up the name!) in DAY OF THE ANIMALS

probably the most obnoxious, arrogant character with no redeeming factors I've ever seen. The way he keeps calling one of the other guys "hotshot" just adds to the annoyingness

Still, for me he was the highlight of the movie. I remember watching this with my sister who had never seen Day of the Animals before. She totally loved and hated Nielsen's character. He was the reason we had a blast watching (Nielsen vs Bear? Anyone?). But yeah, he is a total d-bag in this film.
Allhallowsday
B-Movie Kraken

Either he's dead or my watch has stopped!

« Reply #21 on: April 17, 2021, 12:19:54 PM »

William Zabka in pretty much every film he's been in. Above is from Just One of the Guys (1985)

Hell yes.  I was thinking of KARATE KID

If you want to view paradise . . . simply look around and view it!
indianasmith
Archeologist, Theologian, Elder Scrolls Addict, and a
B-Movie Kraken

A good bad movie is like popcorn for the soul!

« Reply #22 on: April 17, 2021, 12:35:07 PM »

Col. Tavington in THE PATRIOT.

Yes, he's the main villain, but he's also just a complete jerk, a Mephistophelean ball of ambition and villainy who corrupts all he touches.

"I shall smite you in the nostrils with a rod of iron, and wax your spleen with Efferdent!!"
LilCerberus
A Very Bad Person, overweight bald guy with a missing tooth, and

Quis custodiet ipsos custodes?

« Reply #23 on: April 17, 2021, 01:41:00 PM »

Am I the only one who sat through DEFCON-4?

"Science Fiction & Nostalgia have become the same thing!" - T Bone Burnett
The world runs off money, even for those with a warped sense of what the world is.
zombie no.one

Oookaay...

« Reply #24 on: April 17, 2021, 03:52:10 PM »

Biff from BACK TO THE FUTURE

Still, for me he was the highlight of the movie. I remember watching this with my sister who had never seen Day of the Animals before. She totally loved and hated Nielsen's character. He was the reason we had a blast watching (Nielsen vs Bear? Anyone?). But yeah, he is a total d-bag in this film.

no doubt he's necessary to the movie, and it's a good b-movie performance.... prefer him as Frank Drebin all day long though

The Mandela Effect is a Mandela Effect
zelmo73
Eater of Hobbits

Bad day at the construction site

« Reply #25 on: April 17, 2021, 05:43:49 PM »

Ironic that we cheer for this a-hole in Cobra Kai (2018) once we discover that Danny LaRusso was the d-bag for this entire time. Which brings me to ER's thread topic; I nominate Daniel LaRusso aka The Karate Kid as a member of the D-bag Hall of Shame: this whiny c**t is ungrateful to his mother at the very start of the first film for trying to start a newer and better life for them in California, he steals Jonny's girlfriend while they were on a break, takes advantage of an old veteran after he fixes Danny's bike for free by getting Mr. Miyagi to fight a battle that LaRusso provoked by needlessly dousing Jonny with a water hose in the school bathroom just to "get back at him", then further takes advantage of the old war veteran by getting him to teach Daniel karate in exchange for some measly household chores (even suckering a classic vintage automobile for free out of him), then cheats at the All Valley tournament with an ILLEGAL KICK to Jonny's face! https://www.overthinkingit.com/2008/12/08/disqualify-daniel-larusso/

The Cobra Kai TV show does an excellent job with going into further detail about how much of a d-bag that Daniel LaRusso was throughout the rest of the movie series and then into the show itself.

Honorable mention should go to Calvin Hockley from Titanic (1997) for using an abandoned kid to get into a lifeboat and off the ship.

Yeah, he undoubtedly saved the kid's life by doing this, but he essentially kidnapped the kid just to save his own arse. Rather dooshy move by a d-bag kind of guy.

First rule is, 'The laws of Germany'
Second rule is, 'Be nice to mommy'
Third rule is, 'Don't talk to commies'
Fourth rule is, 'Eat kosher salamis'
------------------
The Dalai Lama walks into a pizza shop and says "Make me one with everything!"
Trevor
Uncle Zombie and Eminent Shitologist
B-Movie Kraken

« Reply #26 on: April 17, 2021, 07:35:12 PM »

Colonel F E Cochrane (Malcolm MacDowell) in Blue Thunder.

I know I can make it on my own if I try, but I'm searching for the Great Heart
To stand me by, underneath the African sky
A Great Heart to stand me by.
Alex
B-Movie Kraken

« Reply #27 on: April 18, 2021, 02:25:12 AM »

Speaking of Malcolm McDowell, Alex in Clockwork Orange.

But do you understand That none of this will matter Nothing can take your pain away
bob
I survived Bucky Larson

Torgo watches you masterbate!

« Reply #28 on: April 18, 2021, 08:35:22 AM »

Shooter McGavin in Happy Gilmore

Kubrick, Nolan, Tarantino, Wan, Iñárritu, Scorsese, Chaplin, Abrams, Wes Anderson, Gilliam, Kurosawa - the elite

I believe in the international communist conspiracy to sap and impurify all of our precious bodily fluids.
ER
B-Movie Kraken

The sleep of reasoner breeds monsters. (sic)

« Reply #29 on: April 18, 2021, 12:19:02 PM »

Gaston in Beauty and the Beast personified a summer's eve.

What does not kill me makes me stranger.
Pages: 1 [2] 3 4
Badmovies.org Forum  |  Movies  |  Bad Movies  |  The Movie Character D-bag Hall of Shame « previous next »
    Jump to:  

RSS Feed Subscribe Subscribe by RSS
    Email Subscribe Subscribe by Email

Popular Articles
    How To Find A Bad Movie

The Champions of Justice

Plan 9 from Outer Space

Manos, The Hands of Fate

Podcast: Todd the Convenience Store Clerk

Faster, Pussycat! Kill! Kill!

Dragonball: The Magic Begins

Cool As Ice

The Educational Archives: Driver's Ed

Godzilla vs. Monster Zero

Do you have a zombie plan?

FROM THE BADMOVIES.ORG ARCHIVES
    ImageThe Giant Claw - Slime drop

Earth is visited by a GIANT ANTIMATTER SPACE BUZZARD! Gawk at the amazingly bad bird puppet, or chuckle over the silly dialog. This is one of the greatest b-movies ever made.

Lesson Learned:
    • Osmosis: os·mo·sis (oz-mo'sis, os-) n., 1. When a bird eats something.

Subscribe to Badmovies.org and get updates by email:

HOME B-Movie Reviews Reader Reviews Forum Interviews TV Shows Advertising Information Sideshows Links Contact

Badmovies.org is owned and operated by Andrew Borntreger. All original content is © 1998 - 2014 by its respective author(s). Image, video, and audio files are used in accordance with the Fair Use Law, and are property of the film copyright holders. You may freely link to any page (.html or .php) on this website, but reproduction in any other form must be authorized by the copyright holder.