Bad Movie Logo
"A website to the detriment of good film"
Custom Search
HOMEB-MOVIE REVIEWSREADER REVIEWSFORUMINTERVIEWSUPDATESABOUT
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
April 19, 2024, 04:56:15 AM
714232 Posts in 53092 Topics by 7736 Members
Latest Member: ShayneGree
Badmovies.org Forum  |  Movies  |  Good Movies  |  Evil Dead 4. « previous next »
Pages: [1] 2
Author Topic: Evil Dead 4.  (Read 6555 times)
Alex
B-Movie Kraken

« on: May 28, 2021, 04:46:06 AM »

Forty years after the release of “Evil Dead,” the supernatural horror trilogy created by Sam Raimi is rising from the ashes. A new installment, titled “Evil Dead Rise,” is in the works at New Line Cinema.

Unlike its predecessors, “Evil Dead Rise” will get the streaming treatment, with a launch on HBO Max set for the U.S. Meanwhile, in the U.K., the movie will get a theatrical release via Studiocanal, and in France, through Metropolitan.

Rami created the series and directed the original film, 1981’s “The Evil Dead,” and its two sequels, 1987’s “Evil Dead II” and 1993’s “Army of Darkness” at New Line. He won’t be returning behind the camera to direct, but he will serve as an executive producer with Bruce Campbell, who starred as series protagonist Ash Williams. (Campbell won’t appear onscreen in the upcoming entry.) “Evil Dead” veteran Robert Tapert is also returning to produce the next chapter in the seminal horror series.

The franchise was revived at Sony in 2013 with “Evil Dead,” a soft reboot directed by Fede Alvarez. Raimi, Campbell and Tapert produced that film, which was the first to not star Campbell as Ash. A TV series called “Ash vs Evil Dead” launched on Starz in 2015 and ended in 2018, with Campbell reprising his signature role, and Raimi, Tapert and Campbell on board as producers.

The next chapter in the saga builds off the original trilogy, rather than the 2013 reboot, and moves the action out of the woods and into the city. The twisted tale centers on two estranged sisters, portrayed by Alyssa Sutherland and Lily Sullivan, whose reunion is cut short by the rise of flesh-possessing demons, thrusting them into a primal battle for survival as they face the most nightmarish version of family imaginable.

Filmmaker Lee Cronin (“The Hole in the Ground”) was hand-picked by Raimi and Campbell to write and direct “Evil Dead Rise.”

“I’m thrilled to bring ‘Evil Dead’ back to its original home at New Line 40 years after the release of the first film,” Raimi said in a statement. “The company’s history as pioneers of horror speaks for itself. I’m equally excited to be working with Lee Cronin, whose gifts as a storyteller make him the ideal filmmaker to continue the enduring legacy of the franchise.”

Campbell added, “At its core, ‘Evil Dead’ is about ordinary people overcoming extraordinarily terrifying situations. I can’t wait for Alyssa and Lily to fill the blood-soaked shoes of those who have come before them and carry on that tradition.”

“Evil Dead Rise” will begin production in New Zealand next month. It’s unclear when the film will arrive on the small screen.

“The ‘Evil Dead’ movies filled my brain with terror and awe when I first saw them at 9 years old,” Cronin said. “I am excited and humbled to be resurrecting the most iconic of evil forces for both the fans and a whole new generation.”

Following the success of “Evil Dead,” New Line Cinema went on to produce horror hits such as “It” and its sequel “It: Chapter Two”, as well as James Wan’s “The Conjuring” series.

“New Line has a proud history of involvement in some of the most influential and enduring horror films of all time, and the original The Evil Dead was a landmark moment for the studio,” said Richard Brener, New Line president and chief creative officer. “The movie transformed the genre and with each new installment, Sam, Rob and Bruce have continued to raise the bar. It’s exciting to have them back in the fold for ‘Evil Dead Rise’ after all these years, especially as they bring with them an immense talent in director Lee Cronin. His inventive spirit and his reverence for the franchise make him the perfect director to unleash Evil Dead once again.”

But do you understand That none of this will matter Nothing can take your pain away
chainsaw midget
Frightening Fanatic of Horrible Cinema

« Reply #1 on: May 28, 2021, 06:44:46 PM »

I don't know.  No Bruce.  No Cabin.  They haven't exactly hooked me in yet.
RCMerchant
Bela
B-Movie Kraken

"Charlie,we're in HELL!"-"yeah,ain't it groovy?!"

« Reply #2 on: May 28, 2021, 07:22:24 PM »

I'm with Chainsaw. No Bruce ? I hated the remake. I loved the series!  Thumbup

I hope they don't turn this into an endless cash in like all those slasher movies from the 80's.

"Supernatural?...perhaps. Baloney?...Perhaps not!" Bela Lugosi-the BLACK CAT (1934)
Interviewer-"Does Dracula ever end for you?
Lugosi-"No. Dracula-never ends."

Slobber, Drool, Drip!
https://www.tumblr.com/ronmerchant
zelmo73
Eater of Hobbits

Bad day at the construction site

« Reply #3 on: May 29, 2021, 02:46:37 AM »

The remake was good but they were better off not calling it Evil Dead. It would have been better as a stand-alone film because it lacked what made the other movies “evil dead”, if you know what I mean.

First rule is, 'The laws of Germany'
Second rule is, 'Be nice to mommy'
Third rule is, 'Don't talk to commies'
Fourth rule is, 'Eat kosher salamis'
------------------
The Dalai Lama walks into a pizza shop and says "Make me one with everything!"
RCMerchant
Bela
B-Movie Kraken

« Reply #4 on: May 29, 2021, 01:53:00 PM »

In the city? What city?
 Is it in Michigan, at least?  Question
« Last Edit: May 29, 2021, 02:37:21 PM by RCMerchant » Logged

"Supernatural?...perhaps. Baloney?...Perhaps not!" Bela Lugosi-the BLACK CAT (1934)

Slobber, Drool, Drip!
Ted C
Bad Movie Lover

Turn Up the Evil!

« Reply #5 on: May 29, 2021, 07:41:44 PM »

I like the sound of this. It's not Ash, obviously, but it does seem to have the right people on the production side.

"Slugs?  He created slugs? I would have started with lasers, six o'clock, day one!" -- Evil, Time Bandits
bob
I survived Bucky Larson

Torgo watches you masterbate!

« Reply #6 on: May 31, 2021, 08:11:13 AM »

I don't know about this...

sequels that come out much later then the previous installments have a tendency to be crap

Kubrick, Nolan, Tarantino, Wan, Iñárritu, Scorsese, Chaplin, Abrams, Wes Anderson, Gilliam, Kurosawa - the elite

I believe in the international communist conspiracy to sap and impurify all of our precious bodily fluids.
RCMerchant
Bela
B-Movie Kraken

« Reply #7 on: May 31, 2021, 08:31:41 AM »

This is , it seems, like what happens to horror film directors who made good movies in the past, trying to make good movies now. Wes Craven made maybe 3 good movies. He put his name on a lot of generic s**t.
Sam Rami may be backing this-but I ain't holding my breath.
« Last Edit: May 31, 2021, 08:39:35 AM by RCMerchant » Logged

Slobber, Drool, Drip!
zelmo73
Eater of Hobbits

Bad day at the construction site

« Reply #8 on: May 31, 2021, 01:31:58 PM »

sequels that come out much later then the previous installments have a tendency to be crap

I don’t know. I mean, the Creed movies were pretty good. They had Rocky Balboa in them so I consider them to be canon and direct Rocky sequels, and there was a good nine year gap between Rocky Balboa (2006) and Creed (2015), for example. But then again, that’s probably the only good example that I can think of.

First rule is, 'The laws of Germany'
Second rule is, 'Be nice to mommy'
Third rule is, 'Don't talk to commies'
Fourth rule is, 'Eat kosher salamis'
------------------
The Dalai Lama walks into a pizza shop and says "Make me one with everything!"
bob
I survived Bucky Larson

Torgo watches you masterbate!

« Reply #9 on: May 31, 2021, 03:20:59 PM »

I don’t know. I mean, the Creed movies were pretty good. They had Rocky Balboa in them so I consider them to be canon and direct Rocky sequels, and there was a good nine year gap between Rocky Balboa (2006) and Creed (2015), for example. But then again, that’s probably the only good example that I can think of.

those and Blade Runner 2049 are exceptions to the rule

for everyone one of those they are several piles of puke like Rocky 5, Puppet Master: The Legacy, and Puppet Master: Axis Termination

Kubrick, Nolan, Tarantino, Wan, Iñárritu, Scorsese, Chaplin, Abrams, Wes Anderson, Gilliam, Kurosawa - the elite

I believe in the international communist conspiracy to sap and impurify all of our precious bodily fluids.
Allhallowsday
B-Movie Kraken

Either he's dead or my watch has stopped!

« Reply #10 on: May 31, 2021, 10:43:38 PM »

... Wes Craven made maybe 3 good movies...

I reviewed his filmography.  He made one important film, LAST HOUSE ON THE LEFT (1972) which I despise.   Thumbdown  Now THAT is sh!t.

THE HILLS HAVE EYES is a sometimes good film I don't like at all.  Not so good.

SWAMP THING I like quite a bit but it sh!t. 

A NIGHTMARE ON ELM STREET is oh-so-over-rated I could give any one of the series of films a "good...enough"  Lookingup  NOT.

THE SERPENT AND THE RAINBOW might be the only film of his I'd call "good".  So!  I can't come up with three. 

If you want to view paradise . . . simply look around and view it!
RCMerchant
Bela
B-Movie Kraken

« Reply #11 on: June 01, 2021, 07:50:01 AM »

LAST HOUSE, the HILLS HAVE EYES, and the first NIGHTMARE are the only fairly good ones, for me...

Slobber, Drool, Drip!
claws
« Reply #12 on: June 01, 2021, 08:42:49 AM »

Wes Craven made maybe 3 good movies.

To me, he made more than 3 good movies

1. A Nightmare on Elm Street (1984) (5/5)
 2. Scream (1996) (5/5)
 3. Music of the Heart (1999) (4.5/5)
 4. Red Eye (2005) (4/5)
 5. New Nightmare (1994) (4/5)
 6. The Serpent and the Rainbow (1988) (4/5)
 7. The People Under the Stairs (1991) (4/5)
 8. The Hills Have Eyes (1977) (4/5)
 9. Scream 2 (1997) (3.5/5)
 10. Scream 4 (2011) (3.5/5)
 11. The Last House on the Left (1972) (3.5/5)
 12. Scream 3 (2000) (3/5)
 13. Deadly Friend (1986) (3/5)
 14. Deadly Blessing (1981) (3/5)
 15. Shocker (1989) (3/5)
 16. Swamp Thing (1982) (3/5)

Bad

17. Cursed (2005) (2.5/5)
 18. My Soul to Take (2010) (2.5/5)
 19. Vampire in Brooklyn (1995) (2/5)
 20. The Hills Have Eyes Part II (1984) (1.5/5)

Always had a soft spot for Deadly Blessing. It's probably my favorite Craven film.
Gabriel Knight
Bad Movie Lover

« Reply #13 on: June 01, 2021, 04:20:41 PM »

EVIL DEAD is a series with a huge cult following, especially to Bruce Campbell. Remove the man and you have nothing.
Stop giving money to those scammers and maybe they'll start to do something original.

Check my crappy and unpopular reviews and ratings:

https://www.imdb.com/user/ur85652268/?ref_=nv_usr_prof_2
Ted C
Bad Movie Lover

Turn Up the Evil!

« Reply #14 on: June 01, 2021, 06:30:32 PM »

EVIL DEAD is a series with a huge cult following, especially to Bruce Campbell. Remove the man and you have nothing.
Stop giving money to those scammers and maybe they'll start to do something original.

I don't think Bruce wants to do it anymore, but some kind of "hand off" built into the movie would be a good idea.

"Slugs?  He created slugs? I would have started with lasers, six o'clock, day one!" -- Evil, Time Bandits
Pages: [1] 2
Badmovies.org Forum  |  Movies  |  Good Movies  |  Evil Dead 4. « previous next »
    Jump to:  

RSS Feed Subscribe Subscribe by RSS
    Email Subscribe Subscribe by Email

Popular Articles
    How To Find A Bad Movie

The Champions of Justice

Plan 9 from Outer Space

Manos, The Hands of Fate

Podcast: Todd the Convenience Store Clerk

Faster, Pussycat! Kill! Kill!

Dragonball: The Magic Begins

Cool As Ice

The Educational Archives: Driver's Ed

Godzilla vs. Monster Zero

Do you have a zombie plan?

FROM THE BADMOVIES.ORG ARCHIVES
    ImageThe Giant Claw - Slime drop

Earth is visited by a GIANT ANTIMATTER SPACE BUZZARD! Gawk at the amazingly bad bird puppet, or chuckle over the silly dialog. This is one of the greatest b-movies ever made.

Lesson Learned:
    • Osmosis: os·mo·sis (oz-mo'sis, os-) n., 1. When a bird eats something.

Subscribe to Badmovies.org and get updates by email:

HOME B-Movie Reviews Reader Reviews Forum Interviews TV Shows Advertising Information Sideshows Links Contact

Badmovies.org is owned and operated by Andrew Borntreger. All original content is © 1998 - 2014 by its respective author(s). Image, video, and audio files are used in accordance with the Fair Use Law, and are property of the film copyright holders. You may freely link to any page (.html or .php) on this website, but reproduction in any other form must be authorized by the copyright holder.