Bad Movie Logo
"A website to the detriment of good film"
Custom Search
HOMEB-MOVIE REVIEWSREADER REVIEWSFORUMINTERVIEWSUPDATESABOUT
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
April 25, 2024, 04:27:25 PM
714377 Posts in 53096 Topics by 7742 Members
Latest Member: KathleneKa
Badmovies.org Forum  |  Movies  |  Bad Movies  |  Predator and Predator 2 « previous next »
Pages: [1] 2
Author Topic: Predator and Predator 2  (Read 5352 times)
Ted C
Bad Movie Lover

Turn Up the Evil!

« on: May 29, 2021, 07:31:22 PM »

I have watched both of these again in the last two days.

They're both pretty cheesy, but Predator is a wedge of Parmigiano Reggiano, while Predator 2 is a block of dollar store cheddar. They're both edible cheese, but one is a lot better than the other.

"Slugs?  He created slugs? I would have started with lasers, six o'clock, day one!" -- Evil, Time Bandits
zombie no.one
Frightening Fanatic of Horrible Cinema

Oookaay...

« Reply #1 on: May 31, 2021, 04:35:25 AM »

I saw 2 a couple of times around its release, on video rental, and thought it was decent. rewatched it maybe 3 or 4 years ago and thought it was just ok... for some reason I never watched the first one until last year, but I wasn't really concentrating on it so I can't remember much.

I wonder why this never spawned a zillion cruddy sequels a la TERMINATOR

The Mandela Effect is a Mandela Effect
chainsaw midget

« Reply #2 on: May 31, 2021, 05:57:30 AM »

I watched Predator 2 not too long ago. 

Maybe I've seen Lethal Weapon too many times, but it took me a while to get used to Danny Glover being the cop on the edge who plays by his own rules.  Also, I'm not used to seeing him young.

Other than that, I think Predator 2 is actually better than it's reputation suggests. 
FatFreddysCat
Movies, Metal, Beer!

« Reply #3 on: May 31, 2021, 06:40:24 AM »

They've tried, but none of them have really caught on. There were two further Predator films (2010 and 2018), and two crossover movies with the Alien saga.

None of them have been worth a spit.

I hear there's a new Predator movie in the works as we speak.

The original is my favorite Schwarzenegger movie, and "2" is big dumb loud fun. They're the only Predator movies I need.

Hey, HEY, kids! Check out my way-cool Music and Movie Review blog on HubPages!
http://hubpages.com/@fatfreddyscat
Alex
B-Movie Kraken

« Reply #4 on: May 31, 2021, 07:15:01 AM »

I enjoyed both movies. Originally Predator 2 was going to have Steven Segal playing Arnold's brother. Somehow I don't see that being a classic.

But do you understand That none of this will matter Nothing can take your pain away
bob
I survived Bucky Larson

Torgo watches you masterbate!

« Reply #5 on: May 31, 2021, 08:12:09 AM »

I love Predator..... Predator 2 is okish

Kubrick, Nolan, Tarantino, Wan, Iñárritu, Scorsese, Chaplin, Abrams, Wes Anderson, Gilliam, Kurosawa - the elite

I believe in the international communist conspiracy to sap and impurify all of our precious bodily fluids.
zombie no.one

Oookaay...

« Reply #6 on: May 31, 2021, 09:22:43 AM »

They've tried, but none of them have really caught on. There were two further Predator films (2010 and 2018), and two crossover movies with the Alien saga.

oh yeah I heard of ALIEN vs PREDATOR,  didn't know about those others though

Ted C
Bad Movie Lover

Turn Up the Evil!

« Reply #7 on: May 31, 2021, 09:13:08 PM »

I saw 2 a couple of times around its release, on video rental, and thought it was decent. rewatched it maybe 3 or 4 years ago and thought it was just ok... for some reason I never watched the first one until last year, but I wasn't really concentrating on it so I can't remember much.

Oh, it did, but they started going more into Aliens vs Predator crossovers than Predator movies, at least until Predators came out in 2010.

"Slugs?  He created slugs? I would have started with lasers, six o'clock, day one!" -- Evil, Time Bandits
ralfy
Bad Movie Lover

« Reply #8 on: May 31, 2021, 09:35:52 PM »

The first is good, around 3 out of 4 stars, but not higher because the plot is simple. The second is OK to above-average, prob. 2 or 2.5 out of 4, bec. the writing looks rough.
Allhallowsday
B-Movie Kraken

Either he's dead or my watch has stopped!

« Reply #9 on: May 31, 2021, 09:55:32 PM »

The first film is "classic"... at least "classic AHNOLD".  I like it. 
The second film I barely remember. 

If you want to view paradise . . . simply look around and view it!
claws
« Reply #10 on: June 02, 2021, 03:09:41 AM »

The first is an 1980s classic and modern pop culture classic

Opinions differ when it comes to cheese. Predator is just a product of its time. That said, I think Point Break (1991) is cheesetastic but it seems that nobody agrees with me on that one. I still respect Point Break for the cult classic it is though.
Allhallowsday
B-Movie Kraken

Either he's dead or my watch has stopped!

« Reply #11 on: June 02, 2021, 04:25:38 PM »

The first is an 1980s classic and modern pop culture classic...
Opinions differ when it comes to cheese. Predator is just a product of its time. That said, I think Point Break (1991) is cheesetastic but it seems that nobody agrees with me on that one. I still respect Point Break for the cult classic it is though.

I haven't seen POINT BREAK since it was new-ish.   BounceGiggle  Thumbup

If you want to view paradise . . . simply look around and view it!
WingedSerpent

I AM THE BAD PHOTOSHOP EFFECT!

« Reply #12 on: June 02, 2021, 06:42:57 PM »

Put me in the camp of people who like both he first and second movies.  The first is still better, but the second one I don't think is awful. I love getting the little looks at the Predators' ( whose species was given the name Yautja  in extended materials)  technology and civilization.  Parts where he uses a medical kit to treat wounds or the various skulls in their ship-setting up the AvP franchise in the process.

And of course, the second one has Gary Busey

At least, that's what Gary Busey told me...
Ted C
Bad Movie Lover

Turn Up the Evil!

« Reply #13 on: June 04, 2021, 12:05:35 PM »

Put me in the camp of people who like both he first and second movies.  The first is still better, but the second one I don't think is awful.

We are in agreement.

zombie no.one

Oookaay...

« Reply #14 on: June 04, 2021, 05:28:54 PM »

Oh, it did, but they started going more into Aliens vs Predator crossovers than Predator movies, at least until Predators came out in 2010.

they should do a prequel, just so they can call it PREPREDATOR

Pages: [1] 2
Badmovies.org Forum  |  Movies  |  Bad Movies  |  Predator and Predator 2 « previous next »
    Jump to:  

RSS Feed Subscribe Subscribe by RSS
    Email Subscribe Subscribe by Email

Popular Articles
    How To Find A Bad Movie

The Champions of Justice

Plan 9 from Outer Space

Manos, The Hands of Fate

Podcast: Todd the Convenience Store Clerk

Faster, Pussycat! Kill! Kill!

Dragonball: The Magic Begins

Cool As Ice

The Educational Archives: Driver's Ed

Godzilla vs. Monster Zero

Do you have a zombie plan?

FROM THE BADMOVIES.ORG ARCHIVES
    ImageThe Giant Claw - Slime drop

Earth is visited by a GIANT ANTIMATTER SPACE BUZZARD! Gawk at the amazingly bad bird puppet, or chuckle over the silly dialog. This is one of the greatest b-movies ever made.

Lesson Learned:
    • Osmosis: os·mo·sis (oz-mo'sis, os-) n., 1. When a bird eats something.

Subscribe to Badmovies.org and get updates by email:

HOME B-Movie Reviews Reader Reviews Forum Interviews TV Shows Advertising Information Sideshows Links Contact

Badmovies.org is owned and operated by Andrew Borntreger. All original content is © 1998 - 2014 by its respective author(s). Image, video, and audio files are used in accordance with the Fair Use Law, and are property of the film copyright holders. You may freely link to any page (.html or .php) on this website, but reproduction in any other form must be authorized by the copyright holder.