Bad Movie Logo
"A website to the detriment of good film"
Custom Search
HOMEB-MOVIE REVIEWSREADER REVIEWSFORUMINTERVIEWSUPDATESABOUT
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
March 28, 2024, 01:25:13 PM
713351 Posts in 53056 Topics by 7725 Members
Latest Member: wibwao
Badmovies.org Forum  |  Other Topics  |  Off Topic Discussion  |  Robert F Kennedy's killer to be paroled « previous next »
Pages: [1] 2
Author Topic: Robert F Kennedy's killer to be paroled  (Read 3423 times)
Trevor
Uncle Zombie and Eminent Shitologist
B-Movie Kraken

« on: August 28, 2021, 03:58:32 AM »

I read that Sirhan Sirhan - who shot RFK dead in 1968 - is going to be paroled. I'm shocked to read that two members of RFK's family were OK with this.  Buggedout

https://www.bbc.com/news/world-us-canada-58364572

Any thoughts on this?

I know I can make it on my own if I try, but I'm searching for the Great Heart
To stand me by, underneath the African sky
A Great Heart to stand me by.
RCMerchant
Bela
B-Movie Kraken

"Charlie,we're in HELL!"-"yeah,ain't it groovy?!"

« Reply #1 on: August 28, 2021, 07:42:23 AM »

f**k Sirhan Sirhan.

"Supernatural?...perhaps. Baloney?...Perhaps not!" Bela Lugosi-the BLACK CAT (1934)
Interviewer-"Does Dracula ever end for you?
Lugosi-"No. Dracula-never ends."

Slobber, Drool, Drip!
https://www.tumblr.com/ronmerchant
Allhallowsday
B-Movie Kraken

Either he's dead or my watch has stopped!

« Reply #2 on: August 28, 2021, 09:07:03 AM »

The man is 77 and has been incarcerated for 53 years.  His terrible crime falls way down the list of evil acts by living people serving a prison sentence.  If KENNEDY's family can find forgiveness, I wouldn't question it. 

If you want to view paradise . . . simply look around and view it!
RCMerchant
Bela
B-Movie Kraken

« Reply #3 on: August 28, 2021, 09:09:54 AM »

I would have executed that waste of space 53 years ago.

"Supernatural?...perhaps. Baloney?...Perhaps not!" Bela Lugosi-the BLACK CAT (1934)

Slobber, Drool, Drip!
Rev. Powell
Global Moderator
B-Movie Kraken

Click on that globe for 366 Weird Movies

« Reply #4 on: August 28, 2021, 09:15:47 AM »

I'm OK with it. 50 years is a long time. This is no longer the same young radical who killed RFK, and the parole board found his profession of remorse sincere. He's going to die soon and he's not a danger to anyone else. Mercy is good.

I'll take you places the hand of man has not yet set foot...
RCMerchant
Bela
B-Movie Kraken

« Reply #5 on: August 28, 2021, 09:25:37 AM »

The Manson girls were teens when hey did they're crazy sh!t. Should they be paroled?
Honest question.
« Last Edit: August 28, 2021, 09:28:37 AM by RCMerchant » Logged

Slobber, Drool, Drip!
Rev. Powell
Global Moderator
B-Movie Kraken

Click on that globe for 366 Weird Movies

« Reply #6 on: August 28, 2021, 10:00:25 AM »

The Manson girls were teens when hey did they're crazy sh!t. Should they be paroled?
Honest question.

Maybe. Are they a threat to the public? Are they genuinely remorseful? Are they near the end of their lives? Would they families of the victims be OK with it? If all those things are true, I'd say yes, absolutely.

Manson himself could never have been paroled because he never overcame his mental illness or showed that he had changed.

I'll take you places the hand of man has not yet set foot...
RCMerchant
Bela
B-Movie Kraken

« Reply #7 on: August 28, 2021, 10:20:31 AM »

^ But all those people they killed are still dead.
I'm sorry. I don't have that kind of forgiveness in me. Not for anyone who murders.
« Last Edit: August 28, 2021, 10:25:43 AM by RCMerchant » Logged

Slobber, Drool, Drip!
Allhallowsday
B-Movie Kraken

« Reply #8 on: August 28, 2021, 10:21:49 AM »

Honest question.

Assassination is a very different crime than murdering a houseful of people for the sake of murder.   As strange as this might sound, assassination is not personal.  I do not believe that any criminal involved in multiple homicides should be paroled.  The two in TX  helped the Houston Mass Murderer to kidnap, rape and torture dozens.  No mercy was shown to victims and none should be extended. 

RCMerchant
Bela
B-Movie Kraken

« Reply #9 on: August 28, 2021, 10:27:36 AM »

Honest question.

Assassination is a very different crime than murdering a houseful of people for the sake of murder.   As strange as this might sound, assassination is not personal.  I do not believe that any criminal involved in multiple homicides should be paroled.  The two in TX  helped the Houston Mass Murderer to kidnap, rape and torture dozens.  No mercy was shown to victims and none should be extended.  

Dead is dead. Paint it anyway you want.

Texas?  Question
When did killing someone become a forgivible crime?  Question
Except for war, of course.  Lookingup
« Last Edit: August 28, 2021, 11:00:45 AM by RCMerchant » Logged

Slobber, Drool, Drip!
Allhallowsday
B-Movie Kraken

« Reply #10 on: August 28, 2021, 11:20:51 AM »

...Dead is dead. Paint it anyway you want.

Texas?  Question
When did killing someone become a forgivible crime?  Question
Except for war, of course.  Lookingup

Nope.  No free pass.  What the hell are you on about at this hour of the day?  Did you READ what I wrote about Texas?  Sure doesn't seem it. 
Yes, "dead is dead".  This discussion is about PUNISHMENT.

Allhallowsday
B-Movie Kraken

« Reply #11 on: August 28, 2021, 05:45:50 PM »

...Texas?  Question

The two accomplices were both very young when those murders were committed and both survive in Texas prisons since 1973 and no parole yet.
I do feel that certain crimes warrant the death penalty, but that is off the table. These criminals, like sirhan sirhan, live. 

pennywise37
Frightening Fanatic of Horrible Cinema

« Reply #12 on: September 07, 2021, 02:25:25 AM »

i had no idea he was even still alive. as for should the manson girls get paroled honestly i'd love to say yes but they should be looked at to see if they have changed. i was looking them up recently and the one that was the beauty Queen is still a crazy b***h. but there was one of them that did seem to have changed now should be be let out? i dunno if she has changed and wasn't faking it i mean it has been over 50 years but i dunno still.
they would need to have someone who could tell if she was faking it before they say yes. 

The Burgomaster
Aggravating People Worldwide Since 1964

« Reply #13 on: September 07, 2021, 10:20:22 AM »

Murder is murder. You're being punished for what you did, not the person you are today. You feel remorseful? Wonderful. You aren't a threat anymore? Wonderful. But you did what you did and the person you killed doesn't benefit from your remorse, so stay in prison. You're lucky to be alive.

"Do not walk behind me, for I may not lead. Do not walk ahead of me, for I may not follow. Do not walk beside me either. Just pretty much leave me the hell alone."
pennywise37

« Reply #14 on: September 07, 2021, 03:15:38 PM »

i'm not arguing with you but there are some people who have loved ones murdered that do forgive them and even at times wanted them to come out of jail at some point and even told them to either let them out or to instead of giving them the needle than to give them life in prison instead.

i dunno the ratio on that and i don't think i could forgive anyone i loved that they killed but that's why i said i don't know.  i don't think Lennon's Killer will ever get out even though by now he should have been out i mean on how many years he was sentenced.  honestly i've always said that if he ever does come a huge Beatles fan or a huge John Lennon fan not everyone loves the beatles will prolly end up killing him but than who knows maybe i'm wrong on that.

in the world today you never know what stupid things people will do, very little  of it i still get surprised but with the pandemic going on not as much as i used to be.
Pages: [1] 2
Badmovies.org Forum  |  Other Topics  |  Off Topic Discussion  |  Robert F Kennedy's killer to be paroled « previous next »
    Jump to:  

RSS Feed Subscribe Subscribe by RSS
    Email Subscribe Subscribe by Email

Popular Articles
    How To Find A Bad Movie

The Champions of Justice

Plan 9 from Outer Space

Manos, The Hands of Fate

Podcast: Todd the Convenience Store Clerk

Faster, Pussycat! Kill! Kill!

Dragonball: The Magic Begins

Cool As Ice

The Educational Archives: Driver's Ed

Godzilla vs. Monster Zero

Do you have a zombie plan?

FROM THE BADMOVIES.ORG ARCHIVES
    ImageThe Giant Claw - Slime drop

Earth is visited by a GIANT ANTIMATTER SPACE BUZZARD! Gawk at the amazingly bad bird puppet, or chuckle over the silly dialog. This is one of the greatest b-movies ever made.

Lesson Learned:
    • Osmosis: os·mo·sis (oz-mo'sis, os-) n., 1. When a bird eats something.

Subscribe to Badmovies.org and get updates by email:

HOME B-Movie Reviews Reader Reviews Forum Interviews TV Shows Advertising Information Sideshows Links Contact

Badmovies.org is owned and operated by Andrew Borntreger. All original content is © 1998 - 2014 by its respective author(s). Image, video, and audio files are used in accordance with the Fair Use Law, and are property of the film copyright holders. You may freely link to any page (.html or .php) on this website, but reproduction in any other form must be authorized by the copyright holder.