Bad Movie Logo
"A website to the detriment of good film"
Custom Search
HOMEB-MOVIE REVIEWSREADER REVIEWSFORUMINTERVIEWSUPDATESABOUT
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
April 20, 2024, 12:46:57 AM
714253 Posts in 53092 Topics by 7736 Members
Latest Member: ShayneGree
Badmovies.org Forum  |  Movies  |  Good Movies  |  Movies which disturbed you? « previous next »
Pages: [1] 2
Author Topic: Movies which disturbed you?  (Read 5123 times)
Trevor
Uncle Zombie and Eminent Shitologist
B-Movie Kraken

« on: September 04, 2021, 02:02:30 PM »

I have a short list of movies like this: while I enjoyed them, there are some I will never see again.

Darfur
Jannie Totsiens
Event Horizon
The Medusa Touch
Gorky Park
The Hitcher (1986)
Still of The Night
Last Embrace
Prince of Darkness
Come and See
Crowhaven Farm
Baffled!
Dirkie / Lost In The Desert
The Shadowed Mind
Silence of The Lambs
The Believers
« Last Edit: September 24, 2021, 07:49:37 PM by Trevor » Logged

I know I can make it on my own if I try, but I'm searching for the Great Heart
To stand me by, underneath the African sky
A Great Heart to stand me by.
Alex
B-Movie Kraken

« Reply #1 on: September 04, 2021, 03:17:29 PM »

Watership Down when I was about 3 years old.
Saw, right at the end.

But do you understand That none of this will matter Nothing can take your pain away
bob
I survived Bucky Larson
Frightening Fanatic of Horrible Cinema

Torgo watches you masterbate!

« Reply #2 on: September 04, 2021, 08:00:33 PM »

Antichrist (2009)  Buggedout Buggedout Buggedout

Kubrick, Nolan, Tarantino, Wan, Iñárritu, Scorsese, Chaplin, Abrams, Wes Anderson, Gilliam, Kurosawa - the elite

I believe in the international communist conspiracy to sap and impurify all of our precious bodily fluids.
Allhallowsday
B-Movie Kraken

Either he's dead or my watch has stopped!

« Reply #3 on: September 24, 2021, 12:01:21 AM »

Quick list that includes good films and dreadful films, all disturbing : 

WILD AT HEART   Thumbup
THE TEXAS CHAINSAW MASSACRE   Thumbup
LAST HOUSE ON THE LEFT   Thumbdown
I SPIT ON YOUR GRAVE    Thumbdown
NIGHT OF THE LIVING DEAD    Thumbup
DAWN OF THE DEAD   Thumbup
MAKE THEM DIE SLOWLY   Thumbdown
THE EXORCIST
  Thumbup

If you want to view paradise . . . simply look around and view it!
Trevor
B-Movie Kraken

« Reply #4 on: September 24, 2021, 02:45:59 AM »

Quick list that includes good films and dreadful films, all disturbing : 

WILD AT HEART   Thumbup
THE TEXAS CHAINSAW MASSACRE   Thumbup
LAST HOUSE ON THE LEFT   Thumbdown
I SPIT ON YOUR GRAVE    Thumbdown
NIGHT OF THE LIVING DEAD    Thumbup
DAWN OF THE DEAD   Thumbup
MAKE THEM DIE SLOWLY   Thumbdown
THE EXORCIST
  Thumbup

Both TCM and The Exorcist hold the record - not a record I would want - for the longest banning streak in South Africa as both only became available 20 years after their first release.  Buggedout

Gabriel Knight
Bad Movie Lover

« Reply #5 on: September 24, 2021, 07:35:46 AM »

Recently I watched 8MM and I have to say that it has some powerful moments. Really good movie but I'm too lazy to write a review.

Check my crappy and unpopular reviews and ratings:

https://www.imdb.com/user/ur85652268/?ref_=nv_usr_prof_2
Allhallowsday
B-Movie Kraken

« Reply #6 on: September 24, 2021, 10:46:11 PM »

...Both TCM and The Exorcist hold the record - not a record I would want - for the longest banning streak in South Africa as both only became available 20 years after their first release.  Buggedout

Y'mean release as in to theaters or to VHS?   

I thought of other movies I think highly of but find deeply disturbing: 

GERMANIA ANNO ZERO  (1948)  The most devastating film I have ever seen that was also full of stunning insight.  I will look at it again. 

LA CIOCIARA (1960 aka TWO WOMEN)  A beautiful film, I looked at the 1st sparkling hour again after I had watched the whole thing, but turned it off when I knew the film had turned.  I will never look at the 2nd half again.  Worse than devastating... Surviving. 

RCMerchant
Bela
B-Movie Kraken

"Charlie,we're in HELL!"-"yeah,ain't it groovy?!"

« Reply #7 on: September 24, 2021, 10:55:06 PM »

...Both TCM and The Exorcist hold the record - not a record I would want - for the longest banning streak in South Africa as both only became available 20 years after their first release.  Buggedout

I thought of other movies I think highly of but find deeply disturbing: 

LA CIOCIARA (1960 aka TWO WOMEN)  A beautiful film, I looked at the 1st sparkling hour again after I had watched the whole thing, but turned it off when I knew the film had turned.  I will never look at the 2nd half again.  Worse than devastating... Surviving. 
I seen this movie when I was A teenager. It's a very good movie.

"Supernatural?...perhaps. Baloney?...Perhaps not!" Bela Lugosi-the BLACK CAT (1934)
Interviewer-"Does Dracula ever end for you?
Lugosi-"No. Dracula-never ends."

Slobber, Drool, Drip!
https://www.tumblr.com/ronmerchant
Allhallowsday
B-Movie Kraken

« Reply #8 on: September 24, 2021, 11:05:17 PM »

...LA CIOCIARA (1960 aka TWO WOMEN)  A beautiful film, I looked at the 1st sparkling hour again after I had watched the whole thing, but turned it off when I knew the film had turned.  I will never look at the 2nd half again.  Worse than devastating... Surviving. 
I seen this movie when I was A teenager. It's a very good movie.
Indeed.  VITTORIO DE SICA I think. 

Trevor
B-Movie Kraken

« Reply #9 on: September 25, 2021, 12:44:40 AM »

Release to home video: not sure if it was VHS or if DVD had just started here. All I know is both films were banned for 20 years  Buggedout

Archivist

« Reply #10 on: October 25, 2021, 03:14:55 AM »

This topic comes up now and again, and one movie that disturbed me was Xiu Xiu - The Sent Down Girl (1998). It was a horribly depressing movie about a young woman from the city in China, sent to live and work in the country during Chairman Mao's agrarian revolution. She hates it in the country, and lives with a goodhearted farmer who was emasculated in an accident. She begin to sleep with officials who promise her they can approve her return to the city, but they never deliver. She falls pregnant, and eventually asks to be killed by the farmer who has been in love with her all along. He buries her in the rock pool that he made for her. I was deeply shaken by that movie and it took a day or two to recover. @Indianasmith even gave me karma the first time I described the movie because it was honestly a very difficult film to watch.

A movie that disturbed me so much that I never watched it is The Beyond (1981) by Lucio Fulci. The trailer was enough to give me nightmares!

Audition (1999) was very creepy, and as I've described before, there's a part in the movie where you think, 'She not going to do this... surely not...' but she does. And it's awful.

Red To Kill (1994) is pretttttty bad. Yeah.

Following from The Beyond, it's interesting how one's imagination can be as disturbing as anything else. As a kid, I often looked at the covers of horror VHS movies I was way too young to watch, and imagined how awful they probably were. Much later in life, I got to see some of these movies, and while they were bad, they weren't as grotesque as imagined. Video covers of movies like XTRO (1983) gave me the absolute willies.

"Many others since have tried & failed at making a watchable parasite slug movie" - LilCerberus
Trevor
B-Movie Kraken

« Reply #11 on: October 25, 2021, 11:13:54 AM »

A movie that disturbed me so much that I never watched it is The Beyond (1981) by Lucio Fulci. The trailer was enough to give me nightmares!

I have that on DVD: people advised me to watch it with the David Warbeck / Catriona McColl audio commentary on the first time through: it is very funny - although sad to know that David died almost a month after recording the commentary for the LaserDisk release - and takes your mind off some of the truly horrible moments in the film.

HappyGilmore
B-Movie Kraken

I know Quack-Fu.

« Reply #12 on: October 25, 2021, 10:30:26 PM »

Requiem For a Dream--Great movie overall, but I'd seen it right outta high school and it kinda bothered me.  Didn't dissuade me from using various substances in the years after.  But at a point in my addictions, I'd rewatched it and it mirrored moments in my life and I knew I needed to stop.  I guess it worked?

"The path to Heaven runs through miles of clouded Hell."

Don’t get too close, it’s dark inside.
It’s where my demons hide, it’s where my demons hide.
chainsaw midget

« Reply #13 on: October 30, 2021, 11:08:33 PM »

Henry:  Portrait of a Serial Killer.  There's something unsettling about how this movie absolutely refuses to any "good" people in it anywhere.  It's bleak, nasty, and sleazy, but it never feels over the top.  It feels realistic in a rather unsettling way.
Alex
B-Movie Kraken

« Reply #14 on: October 31, 2021, 03:15:55 AM »

One I have never watched, but I suspect would disturb me if I did is A Serbian Movie.

But do you understand That none of this will matter Nothing can take your pain away
Pages: [1] 2
Badmovies.org Forum  |  Movies  |  Good Movies  |  Movies which disturbed you? « previous next »
    Jump to:  

RSS Feed Subscribe Subscribe by RSS
    Email Subscribe Subscribe by Email

Popular Articles
    How To Find A Bad Movie

The Champions of Justice

Plan 9 from Outer Space

Manos, The Hands of Fate

Podcast: Todd the Convenience Store Clerk

Faster, Pussycat! Kill! Kill!

Dragonball: The Magic Begins

Cool As Ice

The Educational Archives: Driver's Ed

Godzilla vs. Monster Zero

Do you have a zombie plan?

FROM THE BADMOVIES.ORG ARCHIVES
    ImageThe Giant Claw - Slime drop

Earth is visited by a GIANT ANTIMATTER SPACE BUZZARD! Gawk at the amazingly bad bird puppet, or chuckle over the silly dialog. This is one of the greatest b-movies ever made.

Lesson Learned:
    • Osmosis: os·mo·sis (oz-mo'sis, os-) n., 1. When a bird eats something.

Subscribe to Badmovies.org and get updates by email:

HOME B-Movie Reviews Reader Reviews Forum Interviews TV Shows Advertising Information Sideshows Links Contact

Badmovies.org is owned and operated by Andrew Borntreger. All original content is © 1998 - 2014 by its respective author(s). Image, video, and audio files are used in accordance with the Fair Use Law, and are property of the film copyright holders. You may freely link to any page (.html or .php) on this website, but reproduction in any other form must be authorized by the copyright holder.