Bad Movie Logo
"A website to the detriment of good film"
Custom Search
HOMEB-MOVIE REVIEWSREADER REVIEWSFORUMINTERVIEWSUPDATESABOUT
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
April 24, 2024, 05:46:11 PM
714348 Posts in 53094 Topics by 7741 Members
Latest Member: SashaHilly
Badmovies.org Forum  |  Movies  |  Bad Movies  |  Rare 1980s Bad Movies « previous next »
Pages: 1 [2] 3 4
Author Topic: Rare 1980s Bad Movies  (Read 11608 times)
Trevor
Uncle Zombie and Eminent Shitologist
B-Movie Kraken

« Reply #15 on: September 19, 2021, 01:31:30 PM »

There's a number of truly ghastly Z grade horror flicks made here during the so-called subsidy film period of the 1980s: titles like No Hard Feelings, Mutator, Burndown and the champ: Return of The Family Man, a complete rip off of The Stepfather series.

No Hard Feelings (Kick Or Die)

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=_jIxGAs-CWc

Mutator

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=SG_Vld0MPKE

Burndown

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=q8UtSuZfDFI

Return of The Family Man

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=a9dy9pwBHd4

I'm going to bed now: I've inflicted enough horror on all of you for now  Wink

I know I can make it on my own if I try, but I'm searching for the Great Heart
To stand me by, underneath the African sky
A Great Heart to stand me by.
Gabriel Knight
Bad Movie Lover

« Reply #16 on: September 19, 2021, 02:49:55 PM »

I know it's not from the 80s and it's probably not that rare, but I feel some kind of fondness for this one since it was my first bad movie experience. We rented it with my friends and we still laugh about it to this very day.

https://www.imdb.com/title/tt0113449/

Check my crappy and unpopular reviews and ratings:

https://www.imdb.com/user/ur85652268/?ref_=nv_usr_prof_2
pennywise37
Frightening Fanatic of Horrible Cinema

« Reply #17 on: September 19, 2021, 11:37:19 PM »

i've seen Blood Song (1982) holy F... is that movie bad
claws

Occidentali's Karma

« Reply #18 on: September 20, 2021, 12:28:27 AM »

I own the original Jack-O DVD from Image. It was rereleased by Retromedia to DVD twice. It's a crappy film but I would buy a blu-ray if they ever do one.

Is it October yet?
claws

Occidentali's Karma

« Reply #19 on: September 20, 2021, 12:42:27 AM »

Rare but requested by fans to boutique labels for release. If a certain movie never made the transition from VHS to digital it is always one of these reasons:

1. complicated rights issues / music rights only for TV and VHS
2. original film elements are lost / only VHS master exists
3. owner doesn't care / owner asking for too much money
« Last Edit: September 20, 2021, 12:50:09 AM by claws » Logged

Is it October yet?
pennywise37

« Reply #20 on: September 20, 2021, 03:42:31 AM »

wasn't Jack-O (1995) ? i did see The Tomb (1986) yeah that one is WOW is it bad, i also did see The Supernaturals (1986) as well that one also was a chore to sit through. Mausoleum (1983) that was forgettable as well it must have been pretty bad cause i don't remember a thing about it.

chainsaw midget

« Reply #21 on: September 20, 2021, 09:29:26 AM »

I found that quote from Stephen King hilarious. It's probably from the janitor who just happened to be named like the famous writer.

Keep in  mind that's the edited quote.

The real thing could easily be something like "I highly recommend the Boogens to anyone that can't sleep.  It's about as far from a wildly energetic monster movie as you can get."
Rev. Powell
Global Moderator
B-Movie Kraken

Click on that globe for 366 Weird Movies

« Reply #22 on: September 20, 2021, 12:28:55 PM »

I found that quote from Stephen King hilarious. It's probably from the janitor who just happened to be named like the famous writer.

Keep in  mind that's the edited quote.

The real thing could easily be something like "I highly recommend the Boogens to anyone that can't sleep.  It's about as far from a wildly energetic monster movie as you can get."

*ahem* Well, I guess great minds think alike...

I'll take you places the hand of man has not yet set foot...
LilCerberus
A Very Bad Person, overweight bald guy with a missing tooth, and

Quis custodiet ipsos custodes?

« Reply #23 on: September 20, 2021, 06:55:34 PM »

THE COMING (1982) aka BURNED AT THE STAKE
A young girl is possessed by the spirit of a witch-finder from the 17th century in Salem, MA.  I only heard of this through a cable listing, and it disappeared from the lineup pretty quickly.  It's okay.  Bad film maven Bert I. Gordon directs.

Saw this one once when I was a kid, Then saw an edited for television version years later...
Susan Swift somehow type cast as a possessed kid...
During the '90s, I came across it in one or two video stores, but they were the edited for television version, which remixes the story in a way that doesn't make sense....
Finally found the original unedited on a torrent bootleg, but the scene where Swift's character gets possessed was blurred out...

While researching this years ago, I also looked up Jennine Babo (who plays Dorcas Goode) & found out she did some of the shot on VHS with heavy CGI movies for a group called Ikuzo.
In Ikuzo's case, imagine The Polonia Brothers only with a budget, some real actors, real writers, and absolutely no pretention that this cinematic opus would ever be a serious movie, just a fun little project, and you get the picture...

"Science Fiction & Nostalgia have become the same thing!" - T Bone Burnett
The world runs off money, even for those with a warped sense of what the world is.
pennywise37

« Reply #24 on: September 20, 2021, 11:46:02 PM »

that shot on VHS is what i call and i wish i could have come up with the term shot on s**tteo which is when you make a movie on a VHS camera circa (1985) and thy are still made today just a better camera than back than.
Trevor
Uncle Zombie and Eminent Shitologist
B-Movie Kraken

« Reply #25 on: September 21, 2021, 11:01:24 AM »

There were a lot of movies made in SA in the 1980s to cash in on our loophole ridden subsidy system: most of these were made by inept, fraudulent filmmakers who didn't know which end of the camera to look through, they never or seldom paid their cast and crew and most of them made a fortune with these so-called quickies: the titles were the best thing about them.

Most of these are truly ghastly but here you go:

https://retroafrika.com/

Oh yeah, most of them were uploaded to Youtube if you feel like watching the fifth oldest film industry in the world's years of shame.

« Last Edit: September 21, 2021, 11:05:57 AM by Trevor » Logged

I know I can make it on my own if I try, but I'm searching for the Great Heart
To stand me by, underneath the African sky
A Great Heart to stand me by.
LilCerberus

« Reply #26 on: September 21, 2021, 12:09:14 PM »

that shot on VHS is what i call and i wish i could have come up with the term shot on s**tteo which is when you make a movie on a VHS camera circa (1985) and thy are still made today just a better camera than back than.

I have an '85 Qasar VM10 that I once tried using to record a show at WRIR, but I couldn't get any local film makers interested.

I also have a Qasar VK105QE black & white camera that I've tried vlogging on....

The world runs off money, even for those with a warped sense of what the world is.
pennywise37

« Reply #27 on: September 21, 2021, 07:28:56 PM »

i wish i had come up with that term i didn't. i dunno camera's cause tech isn't my area. my dad in (1989) brought home from work a camera that we ended up using on our family vacation. i do not remember what kind of camera it was but it was my dad's boss's and he had to return it which i remember really is something that i wish we didn't have to do. my brother a few years later did end up buying one himself  i dunno what kind it was though i think he was able to get one used but i could be wrong on that one. this was like in the i'd say mid 90's.
LilCerberus

« Reply #28 on: September 21, 2021, 07:41:49 PM »

i wish i had come up with that term i didn't. i dunno camera's cause tech isn't my area. my dad in (1989) brought home from work a camera that we ended up using on our family vacation. i do not remember what kind of camera it was but it was my dad's boss's and he had to return it which i remember really is something that i wish we didn't have to do. my brother a few years later did end up buying one himself  i dunno what kind it was though i think he was able to get one used but i could be wrong on that one. this was like in the i'd say mid 90's.

I actually just made that up off the top of my head....
I didn't really notice was thing until the early 2000s when I started seeing a lot of local commercials with really bad audio...

chainsaw midget

« Reply #29 on: September 22, 2021, 01:46:16 PM »

I own the original Jack-O DVD from Image. It was rereleased by Retromedia to DVD twice. It's a crappy film but I would buy a blu-ray if they ever do one.
Jack-O might not be a good film, but it's a great bad one.  It's become one of my Halloween staples. 
Pages: 1 [2] 3 4
Badmovies.org Forum  |  Movies  |  Bad Movies  |  Rare 1980s Bad Movies « previous next »
    Jump to:  

RSS Feed Subscribe Subscribe by RSS
    Email Subscribe Subscribe by Email

Popular Articles
    How To Find A Bad Movie

The Champions of Justice

Plan 9 from Outer Space

Manos, The Hands of Fate

Podcast: Todd the Convenience Store Clerk

Faster, Pussycat! Kill! Kill!

Dragonball: The Magic Begins

Cool As Ice

The Educational Archives: Driver's Ed

Godzilla vs. Monster Zero

Do you have a zombie plan?

FROM THE BADMOVIES.ORG ARCHIVES
    ImageThe Giant Claw - Slime drop

Earth is visited by a GIANT ANTIMATTER SPACE BUZZARD! Gawk at the amazingly bad bird puppet, or chuckle over the silly dialog. This is one of the greatest b-movies ever made.

Lesson Learned:
    • Osmosis: os·mo·sis (oz-mo'sis, os-) n., 1. When a bird eats something.

Subscribe to Badmovies.org and get updates by email:

HOME B-Movie Reviews Reader Reviews Forum Interviews TV Shows Advertising Information Sideshows Links Contact

Badmovies.org is owned and operated by Andrew Borntreger. All original content is © 1998 - 2014 by its respective author(s). Image, video, and audio files are used in accordance with the Fair Use Law, and are property of the film copyright holders. You may freely link to any page (.html or .php) on this website, but reproduction in any other form must be authorized by the copyright holder.