Main Menu

Random Thought Thread Part III: The Thinking

Started by ER, September 30, 2021, 01:18:27 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

ER

Quote from: RCMerchant on May 26, 2022, 05:15:35 PM
Are your coat sleeves glistening with the sheen of dried snot?

Well that gave me a tickle!  :bouncegiggle:
What does not kill me makes me stranger.

ER

Someday I am actually going to serve nachos Flanders' style.

Rev. Powell

A single ant somehow found its way inside my computer monitor and is crawling across the screen. Strangest thing I've ever seen.
I'll take you places the hand of man has not yet set foot...

ER

Quote from: Rev. Powell on May 27, 2022, 09:41:44 AM
A single ant somehow found its way inside my computer monitor and is crawling across the screen. Strangest thing I've ever seen.

My mom has found them inside her phone.

chainsaw midget

Quote from: ER on May 25, 2022, 11:29:29 AM
Today is my son's eleventh birthday and we have all conspired to convince him he's getting nothing but clothes: every boy's most ardent birthday horror. Today when I knew he was coming around the corner I asked his sister, "Did you wrap the belt you got your brother?" The look on his face was like that of someone who'd accidentally eaten a sowbug.  :teddyr:
So, how did he react when he saw what he was actually getting?

ER

Quote from: chainsaw midget on May 27, 2022, 02:53:37 PM
Quote from: ER on May 25, 2022, 11:29:29 AM
Today is my son's eleventh birthday and we have all conspired to convince him he's getting nothing but clothes: every boy's most ardent birthday horror. Today when I knew he was coming around the corner I asked his sister, "Did you wrap the belt you got your brother?" The look on his face was like that of someone who'd accidentally eaten a sowbug.  :teddyr:
So, how did he react when he saw what he was actually getting?

Like not getting clothes was a present in itself. ;-)

ER

Ever been in the homestretch of a romantic moment and had your phone go off with an Amber Alert? Totally hate that!

indianasmith

Quote from: ER on May 28, 2022, 04:43:50 PM
Ever been in the homestretch of a romantic moment and had your phone go off with an Amber Alert? Totally hate that!

No, but I had a door knock at that critical moment last week . . . . my bellowed "Not Now!!" was probably heard in the next county.
"I shall smite you in the nostrils with a rod of iron, and wax your spleen with Efferdent!!"

Trevor

Quote from: indianasmith on May 28, 2022, 09:43:06 PM
Quote from: ER on May 28, 2022, 04:43:50 PM

No, but I had a door knock at that critical moment last week . . . . my bellowed "Not Now!!" was probably heard in the next county.

I heard you, so that "Not now!" was really loud  :wink:
We shall meet in the place where there is no darkness.

ER

I never thought about it when we'd sing the song in kindergarten, but why exactly do the wheels on the bus go up and down? Why wouldn't somebody fix that? It'd rattle the passengers' brains against their skulls, for cryin' out loud.

indianasmith

Must be driving on Texas back roads.  We have potholes large and deep enough some of them have magma at the bottom!
"I shall smite you in the nostrils with a rod of iron, and wax your spleen with Efferdent!!"

Trevor

Quote from: indianasmith on May 29, 2022, 04:42:53 PM
Must be driving on Texas back roads.  We have potholes large and deep enough some of them have magma at the bottom!

Hippos and crocodiles hide in our potholes  :wink:
We shall meet in the place where there is no darkness.

ER

When I was in seventh grade I was waiting on my always-late mom in the lobby of my school, and this boy who used to talk to me while I waited had a Walkman with him and handed it to me and asked if I liked this song. I did and still do. :-)

Error 404 (Not Found)!!1

ER

My cousin blew my mind when she told me today she is going to have her cats taxidermied (stuffed) from now on when they die. She has had at least twenty-five cats in her life and has four now and if she lives a normal lifespan we could be talking about her one day  being surrounded by a score of glass-eyed felines.

Alex

The US military once tried using pigeons to more accurately guide missiles to their targets. Although the project showed some success, it was decided not to continue with the project. Pretty much they were trained to recognise certain targets and would peck at different screens to control the missile and guide it to its destination.
I'll show you ruin
I'll show you heartbreak
I'll show you lonely
A sorrow in darkness