Main Menu

Off to set!

Started by Rev. Powell, October 24, 2021, 08:11:28 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Rev. Powell

I'll be working on a low-budget film set all next week (production manager and talent driver, if you're curious), and I may not have much time to post here.

I doubt I'll be an extra, but you never know. Last time I was pressed into duty.
I'll take you places the hand of man has not yet set foot...

Alex

I'll show you ruin
I'll show you heartbreak
I'll show you lonely
A sorrow in darkness

Trevor

Quote from: Rev. Powell on October 24, 2021, 08:11:28 AM
I'll be working on a low-budget film set all next week (production manager and talent driver, if you're curious), and I may not have much time to post here.

I doubt I'll be an extra, but you never know. Last time I was pressed into duty.

Enjoy, Rev  :cheers:

The last time I was on an actual film set, I got kicked off for trespassing.  :buggedout: :wink:
We shall meet in the place where there is no darkness.

Rev. Powell

There are no guns in the script, thankfully. We have a rusty hatchet and a chainsaw, though.

RCMerchant

^ Sounds like my kinda movie!  :thumbup:
Supernatural?...perhaps. Baloney?...Perhaps not!" Bela Lugosi-the BLACK CAT (1934)
Interviewer-"Does Dracula ever end for you?
Lugosi-"No. Dracula-never ends."
Slobber, Drool, Drip!
https://www.tumblr.com/ronmerchant

bob

Kubrick, Nolan, Tarantino, Wan, Iñárritu, Scorsese, Chaplin, Abrams, Wes Anderson, Gilliam, Kurosawa, Villeneuve - the elite

I believe in the international communist conspiracy to sap and impurify all of our precious bodily fluids.

Trevor

Rev. Powell

Tomorrow is the last day. Shooting with Lynn Lowry (I DRINK YOUR BLOOD, SHIVERS) who's in for just one day. Today we ended early. I didn't get to be an extra. :cheers:

Trevor

Quote from: Rev. Powell on October 31, 2021, 06:06:14 PM
Tomorrow is the last day. Shooting with Lynn Lowry (I DRINK YOUR BLOOD, SHIVERS) who's in for just one day. Today we ended early. I didn't get to be an extra. :cheers:

Nice  :smile: :smile:

I just realized it's 1:10 am here: why am I not in bed?  :buggedout:

bob

Quote from: Trevor on October 31, 2021, 06:08:41 PM
Quote from: Rev. Powell on October 31, 2021, 06:06:14 PM

Nice  :smile: :smile:

I just realized it's 1:10 am here: why am I not in bed?  :buggedout:

super scary Halloween dirty  underwear?
Kubrick, Nolan, Tarantino, Wan, Iñárritu, Scorsese, Chaplin, Abrams, Wes Anderson, Gilliam, Kurosawa, Villeneuve - the elite

I believe in the international communist conspiracy to sap and impurify all of our precious bodily fluids.

RCMerchant

LYNN LOWERY!
She's a legend!

She was in Romero's the CRAZIES  too!

Did you get her autograph?
Supernatural?...perhaps. Baloney?...Perhaps not!" Bela Lugosi-the BLACK CAT (1934)
Interviewer-"Does Dracula ever end for you?
Lugosi-"No. Dracula-never ends."
Slobber, Drool, Drip!
https://www.tumblr.com/ronmerchant

Rev. Powell

Quote from: RCMerchant on November 01, 2021, 05:12:31 AM
LYNN LOWERY!
She's a legend!

She was in Romero's the CRAZIES  too!

Did you get her autograph?

I got an interview lined up. I will get an autograph and selfie tomorrow. She is the reason I applied for the job so meeting her was a treat.

She is actually just a little old lady now. Very sweet. We had to slit her throat on set and she was so worried about washing the stage blood off it was almost comical. At her age it's a pain. She didn't want to get soaked.

We are wrapped, I can't post a lot of behind-the-scenes photos but I will post a few selfies later. Exhausted right now.

pacman000

That is so cool. I wish I could've been there.

Rev. Powell

More coming but here is me and Robert Mukes (HOUSE OF 1000 CORPSES). He was an amazingly cool and friendly guy.

If you're willing to volunteer, almost any indie production will let you work for free as a production assistant. Even though it was fun, I would not work for free twice, however. I insisted on a paid position the second time 'round.

Rev. Powell

Nailya Shakirova

Amber Dawn Fox