Bad Movie Logo
"A website to the detriment of good film"
Custom Search
HOMEB-MOVIE REVIEWSREADER REVIEWSFORUMINTERVIEWSUPDATESABOUT
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
March 28, 2024, 12:35:32 PM
713351 Posts in 53056 Topics by 7725 Members
Latest Member: wibwao
Badmovies.org Forum  |  Other Topics  |  Television  |  The Book of Boba Fett « previous next »
Pages: [1]
Author Topic: The Book of Boba Fett  (Read 3246 times)
sprite75
The Cat Herder of Badmovies
Frightening Fanatic of Horrible Cinema

I'm a Mac...

« on: January 13, 2022, 10:23:10 PM »

I've been watching The Book of Boba Fett since it came out a few weeks back.  Not too bad of a series.  I hope it gets better as time goes on. 

I didn't realize that Danny Trejo made his entry into the Star Wars universe as the Rancor keepr until I read about it the following day.

I was hoping that young woman played by Sophie Thatcher would turn out to be Mara Jade.  Guess not unless Drash turns out to be an alias used by Mara Jade and the meeting and marriage between her and Skywalker will eventually be recanonized.

God of making the characteristic which becomes dirty sends the hurricane.
Neville

« Reply #1 on: January 14, 2022, 03:44:43 PM »

Right now it seems to follow The Mandalorian formula closely, which I'm fine with. We'll see if it develops its own identity, although the flashbacks with the Sand People seem a step in the right direction.

Due to the horrifying nature of this film, no one will be admitted to the theatre.
Alex
B-Movie Kraken

« Reply #2 on: January 20, 2022, 06:50:59 AM »

It is getting a lot of criticism for demystifying Boba Fett and being too slow placed. I've been watching it and it seems fine to me though.

But do you understand That none of this will matter Nothing can take your pain away
Jim H

« Reply #3 on: January 20, 2022, 02:46:10 PM »

It's ok I think  Watched the two most recent episodes last night.  I'm finding the writing pretty underwhelming I guess.  Like, not atrocious, but more of a, "Why do I care" kind of thing.  The stakes are poorly established, I don't like the flashback structure.  I thought Boba was more compelling in The Mandalorian than in his own show.  Also, for some reason, he was much more competent in combat - every action sequence with him except the flashbacks is just Boba getting beat up.  I also don't like how every lead character in these shows has to instantly just be a good guy now - Boba doesn't even really qualify as an antihero, he's simply heroic with an antihero coat of paint and that makes him less interesting. 

It's visually often solid and not boring.  I think Morrison gives a pretty good performance, for what it is.  I liked the rancor stuff, even if it's a bit cheesy.  I dunno.  It's passable.  If you're a big Star Wars fan you'll probably enjoy it.  I used to be, but the past 5 years have made me care a lot less. 
chainsaw midget

« Reply #4 on: January 20, 2022, 04:12:57 PM »

I've never got what the big deal about Boba Fett was.
Neville

« Reply #5 on: January 20, 2022, 04:16:05 PM »

It sold a lot of figurines, then George Lucas, in his unlimited wisdom, gave him a ridiculous death in "Return of the Jedi".

Due to the horrifying nature of this film, no one will be admitted to the theatre.
ER
B-Movie Kraken

The sleep of reasoner breeds monsters. (sic)

« Reply #6 on: January 29, 2022, 08:38:15 PM »

Good so far.

What does not kill me makes me stranger.
Rev. Powell
Global Moderator
B-Movie Kraken

Click on that globe for 366 Weird Movies

« Reply #7 on: January 30, 2022, 10:28:59 AM »

I've never got what the big deal about Boba Fett was.

I'm with you. When I was a kid, after Star Wars was released, everyone was crazy for Boba Fett, even though he wouldn't appear until the next movie. Apparently a lot of people saw him in the otherwise forgettable "Holiday Special". Then his action figure was also released before the movie. I never saw the big deal when he finally showed up, he was underwhelming and minor. I guess they did a lot with him afterwards though.

I'll take you places the hand of man has not yet set foot...
ER
B-Movie Kraken

The sleep of reasoner breeds monsters. (sic)

« Reply #8 on: February 04, 2022, 12:47:03 PM »

Personally I think the Star Wars tv shows of this century have become the best source of getting your Star Wars fix and I'd rather watch The Clone Wars, The Mandalorian, or The Book of Boba Fett than any of the movies, even the half of the films I like. (Some of which are great.)

I'm enjoying this show a lot.

What does not kill me makes me stranger.
Pages: [1]
Badmovies.org Forum  |  Other Topics  |  Television  |  The Book of Boba Fett « previous next »
    Jump to:  

RSS Feed Subscribe Subscribe by RSS
    Email Subscribe Subscribe by Email

Popular Articles
    How To Find A Bad Movie

The Champions of Justice

Plan 9 from Outer Space

Manos, The Hands of Fate

Podcast: Todd the Convenience Store Clerk

Faster, Pussycat! Kill! Kill!

Dragonball: The Magic Begins

Cool As Ice

The Educational Archives: Driver's Ed

Godzilla vs. Monster Zero

Do you have a zombie plan?

FROM THE BADMOVIES.ORG ARCHIVES
    ImageThe Giant Claw - Slime drop

Earth is visited by a GIANT ANTIMATTER SPACE BUZZARD! Gawk at the amazingly bad bird puppet, or chuckle over the silly dialog. This is one of the greatest b-movies ever made.

Lesson Learned:
    • Osmosis: os·mo·sis (oz-mo'sis, os-) n., 1. When a bird eats something.

Subscribe to Badmovies.org and get updates by email:

HOME B-Movie Reviews Reader Reviews Forum Interviews TV Shows Advertising Information Sideshows Links Contact

Badmovies.org is owned and operated by Andrew Borntreger. All original content is © 1998 - 2014 by its respective author(s). Image, video, and audio files are used in accordance with the Fair Use Law, and are property of the film copyright holders. You may freely link to any page (.html or .php) on this website, but reproduction in any other form must be authorized by the copyright holder.