Main Menu

What TV Shows Are you Watching?

Started by Rev. Powell, January 25, 2022, 09:03:19 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

indianasmith

My wife and I are addicted to THE LAST OF US.  Gets better with every episode.
"I shall smite you in the nostrils with a rod of iron, and wax your spleen with Efferdent!!"

Rev. Powell

Decided to catch up on the Kids in the Hall. I'll re-watch the classic episodes later, but I'm starting with the 2010 miniseries "Death Comes to Town." First episode was not great, had a "Brain Candy" feel to it, but it is a short watch overall (only 8 episodes), so I'll give it a chance.
I'll take you places the hand of man has not yet set foot...

WingedSerpent

Ghosts on CBS

I know its an American version of a British show, but I am enjoying it so far.
At least, that's what Gary Busey told me...

Rev. Powell

Also started "Cunk on Earth" (Netflix). Cunk is hi-larious!
I'll take you places the hand of man has not yet set foot...

ralfy

Last of Us is great, but it's like Walking Dead, except with better writing.

I hope they don't run it to the ground, which is what happened to the storyline of the second part of the game version. It's like Twilight, e.g., a melodrama using apocalyptica for the setting.

ER

Picard season three. I....I can't....look away. Bleeding eyes! Bleeding eyes!
What does not kill me makes me stranger.

Alex

Little Demon.

Danny DeVito plays Satan who is attempting to corrupt his daughter. Lots of swearing, animated nudity and gore with similar humour to shows like Family Guy.
I'll show you ruin
I'll show you heartbreak
I'll show you lonely
A sorrow in darkness

ER

Is Andor worth a twelve-hour investment?

Alex

Carnival Row Season 2.

I am having problems remembering what happened in season 1, it has been so long between the two. Seems to be a decent watch though.
I'll show you ruin
I'll show you heartbreak
I'll show you lonely
A sorrow in darkness

Alex

Willow.

Good show until Warwick Davis turns up. His acting really isn't up to par with the rest of the cast. I am getting some Lovecraftian vibes from it (hell, one of the character's family name is Hastur and he knows some strange old languages, so if he turns out to be evil I will not be surprised). Lacks the sense of fun that the movie had in spades.
I'll show you ruin
I'll show you heartbreak
I'll show you lonely
A sorrow in darkness

WingedSerpent

I've tried giving the Night Court sequel series a chance. But its not that good. Best way to describe it, its a Disney/Nickelodeon  live action series with no kid actors.
At least, that's what Gary Busey told me...

ER

Quote from: WingedSerpent on March 07, 2023, 08:42:04 PM
I've tried giving the Night Court sequel series a chance. But its not that good. Best way to describe it, its a Disney/Nickelodeon  live action series with no kid actors.

I get where you're coming from and don't disagree, it lacks the soul of the original, but that said I have seen every episode so far and do kind of look forward to it. Without Dan Fielding back the show would be much less worthy of my time. Sad to think how few original cast members remain.

Personally I think the world has run out of stories, or at least original ideas for stories.

ralfy

Andor is at best banal; similar can be said for Obi-Wan and Boba Fett. Meanwhile, Mandalorian is turning into an Andor.

Picard's awful; similar applies to STD.

Last of Us ended up copy-pasting the video game. It's OK if you ignore some problems with the story, but if the second season will follow the second video game, then don't bother.

The new Night Court's is dreary.

ER

Quote from: ralfy on March 15, 2023, 08:30:42 AM
Andor is at best banal AGREE

similar can be said for Obi-Wan MILDLY DISAGREE

and Boba Fett. NOT WITH YOU THERE.

Meanwhile, Mandalorian is turning into an Andor. LIKED THE FIRST SEASONS; HAVE NOT SEEN THIS ONE.

Picard's awful; AGREE re: SEASONS 1 and 2, but 3 is not bad.

similar applies to STD. YES, SO BAD THE "STD" PART IS IRONICALLY FITTING

Last of Us ended up copy-pasting the video game. It's OK if you ignore some problems with the story, but if the second season will follow the second video game, then don't bother.
I WAS NEVER IMPRESSED BY THE GAME FROM WHAT I SAW, OR THE SERIES FROM THE CLIPS I'VE WATCHED.

The new Night Court's is dreary. NOT THE WORD I WOULD HAVE SELECTED BUT NOT IN THE SAME LEAGUE WITHTHE ORIGINAL, SO FAR.

Trevor

I started watching Mayor of Kingstown yesterday: Jeremy Renner is great in it.
We shall meet in the place where there is no darkness.