Bad Movie Logo
"A website to the detriment of good film"
Custom Search
HOMEB-MOVIE REVIEWSREADER REVIEWSFORUMINTERVIEWSUPDATESABOUT
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
March 29, 2024, 12:41:13 AM
713383 Posts in 53058 Topics by 7725 Members
Latest Member: wibwao
Badmovies.org Forum  |  Other Topics  |  Off Topic Discussion  |  Personal Questions « previous next »
Pages: 1 ... 15 16 [17] 18 19 ... 99
Author Topic: Personal Questions  (Read 102461 times)
Alex
B-Movie Kraken

« Reply #240 on: March 18, 2023, 10:08:22 AM »

Generally 4 hours and night and ditto on the shortened lifespan as a result.

But do you understand That none of this will matter Nothing can take your pain away
Rev. Powell
Global Moderator
B-Movie Kraken

Click on that globe for 366 Weird Movies

« Reply #241 on: March 18, 2023, 10:38:44 AM »

I shoot for (and average) 8 hours a night, prefer 9 if I can get it. If I have less than 7 hours I drag noticeably the next day.

I'll take you places the hand of man has not yet set foot...
Trevor
Uncle Zombie and Eminent Shitologist
B-Movie Kraken

« Reply #242 on: March 18, 2023, 10:48:07 AM »

Because of issues I have with anxiety and depression, I'm happy if I can get five hours of sleep per night.

I know I can make it on my own if I try, but I'm searching for the Great Heart
To stand me by, underneath the African sky
A Great Heart to stand me by.
indianasmith
Archeologist, Theologian, Elder Scrolls Addict, and a
B-Movie Kraken

A good bad movie is like popcorn for the soul!

« Reply #243 on: March 18, 2023, 11:29:03 AM »

I get about 5 - 6 hours' sleep nightly when I'm working, rarely more.  In the summers, when I'm off, I generally sleep till I wake up - which is usually after about 7 hours.

"I shall smite you in the nostrils with a rod of iron, and wax your spleen with Efferdent!!"
ER
B-Movie Kraken

The sleep of reasoner breeds monsters. (sic)

« Reply #244 on: March 18, 2023, 04:46:02 PM »

This is a disturbing question, or at least I find the subject disturbing, and I lived contentedly a long time* before I was even aware of the stereotype/accusation, but do you think it's true that funeral directors and morticians are often sexually attracted to dead people?

(*I found out when the necrophile House Hlaalu dark elf in Oblivion joked about the fine in Cyrodiil, and someone brought that subject this up, so like 2007-ish.)

What does not kill me makes me stranger.
Alex
B-Movie Kraken

« Reply #245 on: March 18, 2023, 04:49:54 PM »

This is a disturbing question, or at least I find the subject disturbing, and I lived contentedly a long time* before I was even aware of the stereotype/accusation, but do you think it's true that funeral directors and morticians are often sexually attracted to dead people?

(*I found out when the necrophile House Hlaalu dark elf in Oblivion joked about the fine in Cyrodiil, and someone brought that subject this up, so like 2007-ish.)

Uhm. I'll PM you a story (not involving me directly, but it is pretty damn dark).

But do you understand That none of this will matter Nothing can take your pain away
indianasmith
Archeologist, Theologian, Elder Scrolls Addict, and a
B-Movie Kraken

A good bad movie is like popcorn for the soul!

« Reply #246 on: March 18, 2023, 05:59:48 PM »

I don't think it's OFTEN, but it does happen.

"I shall smite you in the nostrils with a rod of iron, and wax your spleen with Efferdent!!"
ER
B-Movie Kraken

« Reply #247 on: March 18, 2023, 06:21:06 PM »

^ Hey, look at that, indy's got 2,500 karma!  Cheers

Allhallowsday
B-Movie Kraken

Either he's dead or my watch has stopped!

« Reply #248 on: March 18, 2023, 09:04:32 PM »

Ugh.  I hope not.  I'd put mortician in the realm of proctologist; money must be the motivation.  And somebody has to do it.

If you want to view paradise . . . simply look around and view it!
ER
B-Movie Kraken

« Reply #249 on: March 18, 2023, 09:15:52 PM »

Ugh.  I hope not.  I'd put mortician in the realm of proctologist; money must be the motivation.  And somebody has to do it.

Did you ever hear that in France under Napoleon III the government paid doctors a modest sum to conduct medical exams on sex workers in brothels in order to try to curb the spread of diseases, but so many doctors applied for these relatively low-paying jobs that someone got the idea of charging doctors for the license to perform this formerly salaried task, and the government actually found it a lucrative source of revenue? I've often thought about that when people have suggested phsicians become asexual when examining patients. (Maybe some do but apparently some at least find other motivations beyond the application of their medical training.)

ER
B-Movie Kraken

« Reply #250 on: March 23, 2023, 12:17:33 AM »

Ever experienced a sexual attraction that ran contrary to what you thought of as your sexual identity?

I truly don't think I have.

I have been kissed by at least two women that I can think of off the top of my head, both of them did it abruptly, and I had a friend get very odd and physical with me once, though I don't think that was sexual as much as her seeking some form of comfort considering the state she was in, and I also had a waxer one time leave me wondering, um, are you sure you need to be doing that?

But that was all them to me, not me to them. (Though I did hold my friend tightly that night when she was being like she was.)

« Last Edit: March 23, 2023, 07:56:04 AM by ER » Logged

RCMerchant
Bela
B-Movie Kraken

"Charlie,we're in HELL!"-"yeah,ain't it groovy?!"

« Reply #251 on: March 23, 2023, 01:23:34 AM »

No.

"Supernatural?...perhaps. Baloney?...Perhaps not!" Bela Lugosi-the BLACK CAT (1934)
Interviewer-"Does Dracula ever end for you?
Lugosi-"No. Dracula-never ends."

Slobber, Drool, Drip!
https://www.tumblr.com/ronmerchant
Trevor
Uncle Zombie and Eminent Shitologist
B-Movie Kraken

« Reply #252 on: March 23, 2023, 02:17:58 AM »

Yes, quite a few times.

I know I can make it on my own if I try, but I'm searching for the Great Heart
To stand me by, underneath the African sky
A Great Heart to stand me by.
Rev. Powell
Global Moderator
B-Movie Kraken

Click on that globe for 366 Weird Movies

« Reply #253 on: March 23, 2023, 07:55:59 AM »

Nope. But, when I was 18, there was a brief period when I did go to a lot of gay bars, because they would let us in and sell us beer without checking I.D. Stopped because as a straight guy, getting hit on by gay guys is annoying. (I sympathize with women in bars.)

I'll take you places the hand of man has not yet set foot...
Alex
B-Movie Kraken

« Reply #254 on: March 23, 2023, 08:01:39 AM »

No. I've had a couple of gay guys come on to me, but I've just had no interest. One gay guy did once tell me that I was the least gay man on the planet.

Pages: 1 ... 15 16 [17] 18 19 ... 99
Badmovies.org Forum  |  Other Topics  |  Off Topic Discussion  |  Personal Questions « previous next »
    Jump to:  

RSS Feed Subscribe Subscribe by RSS
    Email Subscribe Subscribe by Email

Popular Articles
    How To Find A Bad Movie

The Champions of Justice

Plan 9 from Outer Space

Manos, The Hands of Fate

Podcast: Todd the Convenience Store Clerk

Faster, Pussycat! Kill! Kill!

Dragonball: The Magic Begins

Cool As Ice

The Educational Archives: Driver's Ed

Godzilla vs. Monster Zero

Do you have a zombie plan?

FROM THE BADMOVIES.ORG ARCHIVES
    ImageThe Giant Claw - Slime drop

Earth is visited by a GIANT ANTIMATTER SPACE BUZZARD! Gawk at the amazingly bad bird puppet, or chuckle over the silly dialog. This is one of the greatest b-movies ever made.

Lesson Learned:
    • Osmosis: os·mo·sis (oz-mo'sis, os-) n., 1. When a bird eats something.

Subscribe to Badmovies.org and get updates by email:

HOME B-Movie Reviews Reader Reviews Forum Interviews TV Shows Advertising Information Sideshows Links Contact

Badmovies.org is owned and operated by Andrew Borntreger. All original content is © 1998 - 2014 by its respective author(s). Image, video, and audio files are used in accordance with the Fair Use Law, and are property of the film copyright holders. You may freely link to any page (.html or .php) on this website, but reproduction in any other form must be authorized by the copyright holder.