Main Menu

Personal Questions

Started by RCMerchant, February 05, 2022, 11:02:12 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

RCMerchant

Quote from: ER on February 20, 2022, 02:16:22 PM
Somebody ask me something and I will likely answer. After all, couldn't be rougher than my little "Ask Me Anything" event last year.

What happened?  :question:
Supernatural?...perhaps. Baloney?...Perhaps not!" Bela Lugosi-the BLACK CAT (1934)
Interviewer-"Does Dracula ever end for you?
Lugosi-"No. Dracula-never ends."
Slobber, Drool, Drip!
https://www.tumblr.com/ronmerchant

ER

Ha, I told people I knew to "Ask Me Anything" and they shore did....
What does not kill me makes me stranger.

Allhallowsday

Quote from: ER on February 20, 2022, 05:28:34 PM
Ha, I told people I knew to "Ask Me Anything" and they shore did....

So how many times have you...oops.  Editing myself.   :smile:
If you want to view paradise . . . simply look around and view it!

ER

Do you usually put your left shoe on before your right?

RCMerchant

^I never paid attention. Whatever shoe is closest, I guess.
Supernatural?...perhaps. Baloney?...Perhaps not!" Bela Lugosi-the BLACK CAT (1934)
Interviewer-"Does Dracula ever end for you?
Lugosi-"No. Dracula-never ends."
Slobber, Drool, Drip!
https://www.tumblr.com/ronmerchant

Allhallowsday

Quote from: ER on March 02, 2022, 09:28:01 AM
Do you usually put your left shoe on before your right?

edit:  Oh yeah, these days the left first...  :bouncegiggle:

ER

What is one fact about you that would surprise other people if they knew?

Something that those who don't know me closely may not guess is that I have lived a lot of my life afraid of someone.

Trevor

Quote from: ER on March 04, 2022, 01:24:10 PM

Something that those who don't know me closely may not guess is that I have lived a lot of my life afraid of someone.

That person who scares you: I have a cricket bat with their name on it.  :hatred:

There's a lot of things I keep secret about myself and some people would be surprised if they knew.

1. I am an abuse survivor: people who know me well and have kids will quite happily let me look after their kids as they know no harm will come to them as I won't allow it.
2. I lived through a war https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Rhodesian_Bush_War which messed me up mentally.
3. Most adults find me very scary: I have been told I have a madness in my eyes at times but kids like me for some weird reason and they don't find me scary at all.
4. Some people think I am either homophobic, racist or both: I am neither.
5. I am the son of a former criminal turned cop and a radical feminist.
We shall meet in the place where there is no darkness.

indianasmith

I once (briefly) held an Australian death adder.
"I shall smite you in the nostrils with a rod of iron, and wax your spleen with Efferdent!!"

chefzombie

Quote from: ER on March 04, 2022, 01:24:10 PM

when i was very young, i stuttered, and had a severe lisp. i took speech classes for 3 years, but it( the stutter)  still shows up when i'm under severe stress. the lisp came back when my wisdom teeth grew out of the roof of my mouth, but i can work around it, mostly.
don't EVEN...EVER!

Alex

What movie do you wish you could forget watching so you could enjoy watching it again as if it were the first time?

I'd go with the first Saw movie.
I'll show you ruin
I'll show you heartbreak
I'll show you lonely
A sorrow in darkness

Trevor

Quote from: Alex on March 27, 2022, 05:13:52 AM
What movie do you wish you could forget watching so you could enjoy watching it again as if it were the first time?

David Millin ASC's landmark war film Shangani Patrol (1970): I would like to watch it as for the first time I screened it publicly with 120 people in the cinema in 1999. Mom was in the audience and Dad was with me in the projection booth  :smile:

Here's the film: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=8T5pcpzY6mE
We shall meet in the place where there is no darkness.

Allhallowsday

Quote from: Alex on March 27, 2022, 05:13:52 AM

Most of the movies I love are because I have looked at them numerous times.  I watched THE LAST EMPEROR (1987) last night and immediately thought of it with your question... in a way, the fun of discovering a movie I love is seldom and one of life's great joys.  If I forgot THE LAST EMPEROR and discovered it anew last night that would've been wonderful.

ER

ER

If you could change one thing about yourself, what would it be? (Not like x-ray vision, something doable.)

I think I'd like to have artistic talent. Or to be better at sleeping.