Bad Movie Logo
"A website to the detriment of good film"
Custom Search
HOMEB-MOVIE REVIEWSREADER REVIEWSFORUMINTERVIEWSUPDATESABOUT
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
April 26, 2024, 05:47:29 PM
714415 Posts in 53097 Topics by 7742 Members
Latest Member: KathleneKa
Badmovies.org Forum  |  Movies  |  Bad Movies  |  Video - "The BEST Bad Movie Fight Scenes" according someone « previous next »
Pages: [1] 2
Author Topic: Video - "The BEST Bad Movie Fight Scenes" according someone  (Read 3799 times)
JuanSnz
« on: February 15, 2022, 10:08:01 PM »

They say these are "The BEST Bad Movie Fight Scenes".

To me, these are "Good fighting scenes from not high budget movies".

https://youtu.be/MypLX3JddjI

BounceGiggle
Trevor
Uncle Zombie and Eminent Shitologist
B-Movie Kraken

« Reply #1 on: February 16, 2022, 01:54:34 AM »

I had a feeling the "pommel horse" scene from Gymkata would be in there somewhere and it is.  TeddyR

I'm actually the only person who will admit that I saw Gymkaka in a theater in 1985. Yes, I paid to see it and it was a full house too.  Buggedout

I know I can make it on my own if I try, but I'm searching for the Great Heart
To stand me by, underneath the African sky
A Great Heart to stand me by.
Alex
B-Movie Kraken

« Reply #2 on: February 16, 2022, 06:45:52 AM »

I don't think I've ever seen a fight seen that had as big an impression on me as the one in They Live.

But do you understand That none of this will matter Nothing can take your pain away
JuanSnz
« Reply #3 on: February 16, 2022, 10:25:40 AM »

I don't think I've ever seen a fight seen that had as big an impression on me as the one in They Live.

Yep, that scene teaches us that sometimes you must KO your friend to win an argument. Not always work, but when it works, works.

I had a feeling the "pommel horse" scene from Gymkata would be in there somewhere and it is.  TeddyR

I'm actually the only person who will admit that I saw Gymkaka in a theater in 1985. Yes, I paid to see it and it was a full house too.  Buggedout

To be honest, I never heard of the movie, until I see the review by Andrew.

The movie title it is not the best, gym (from Gymnastics) + kata (from kata, "form" in Japanese) is a kind 'lame', but it is honest; What is the plot of the movie? A gymnast hired by some kind of CIA agency and trained in Martial Arts to win a survival game in a fictional country that is strategical useful for the USA...

Well, the plot also looks 'lame', but it seems to be enjoyable.
Trevor
Uncle Zombie and Eminent Shitologist
B-Movie Kraken

« Reply #4 on: February 16, 2022, 12:22:19 PM »

To be honest, I never heard of the movie, until I see the review by Andrew.

The movie title it is not the best, gym (from Gymnastics) + kata (from kata, "form" in Japanese) is a kind 'lame', but it is honest; What is the plot of the movie? A gymnast hired by some kind of CIA agency and trained in Martial Arts to win a survival game in a fictional country that is strategical useful for the USA...

Well, the plot also looks 'lame', but it seems to be enjoyable.

It is very enjoyable: reminds me of the four American Ninja films that were made in SA, two of them directed by a friend of mine  Buggedout

The best review of Gymkata is right here:  http://www.badmovies.org/movies/gymkata/ TeddyR TeddyR

I know I can make it on my own if I try, but I'm searching for the Great Heart
To stand me by, underneath the African sky
A Great Heart to stand me by.
Rev. Powell
Global Moderator
B-Movie Kraken

Click on that globe for 366 Weird Movies

« Reply #5 on: February 16, 2022, 02:04:58 PM »

That was a pretty good compilation of entertainingly bad fight scenes, honestly. The unknown Turkish and African films were cool because I'm not familiar with them. These are probably the only bits worth watching from most of these movies.

I'll take you places the hand of man has not yet set foot...
bob
I survived Bucky Larson
Frightening Fanatic of Horrible Cinema

Torgo watches you masterbate!

« Reply #6 on: February 16, 2022, 06:45:43 PM »

and that video showcased part of why I love Turkish Star Wars

Kubrick, Nolan, Tarantino, Wan, Iñárritu, Scorsese, Chaplin, Abrams, Wes Anderson, Gilliam, Kurosawa - the elite

I believe in the international communist conspiracy to sap and impurify all of our precious bodily fluids.
JuanSnz
« Reply #7 on: February 16, 2022, 09:11:18 PM »

That was a pretty good compilation of entertainingly bad fight scenes, honestly. The unknown Turkish and African films were cool because I'm not familiar with them. These are probably the only bits worth watching from most of these movies.

I like the African Spider-man throwing a fireball to the bad guy. It was unexpected.

and that video showcased part of why I love Turkish Star Wars

And don't forget the Indiana Jones Theme in the middle of the scene!
Ted C
Bad Movie Lover

Turn Up the Evil!

« Reply #8 on: February 20, 2022, 08:47:15 PM »

They're certainly awful.

"Slugs?  He created slugs? I would have started with lasers, six o'clock, day one!" -- Evil, Time Bandits
JuanSnz
« Reply #9 on: February 21, 2022, 10:14:00 AM »

They're certainly awful.

They aren't awful. Just a little unpleasant to watch, and at the same time, a little funny  Wink
Ted C
Bad Movie Lover

Turn Up the Evil!

« Reply #10 on: February 21, 2022, 11:15:24 AM »

The part where Cynthia Rothrock does a back flip "with a broken arm" is particularly funny.

"Slugs?  He created slugs? I would have started with lasers, six o'clock, day one!" -- Evil, Time Bandits
JuanSnz
« Reply #11 on: February 21, 2022, 04:50:59 PM »

^ I'm a 90% sure that I watched that movie on a Saturday afternoon in a local TV Channel back in the 90s. Actually, I think that mostly of the Cynthia Rothrock's, and Lorenzo Lamas' movies at that time were showed every Saturday at the same hour.
Ted C
Bad Movie Lover

Turn Up the Evil!

« Reply #12 on: February 22, 2022, 09:16:07 PM »

^ I'm a 90% sure that I watched that movie on a Saturday afternoon in a local TV Channel back in the 90s. Actually, I think that mostly of the Cynthia Rothrock's, and Lorenzo Lamas' movies at that time were showed every Saturday at the same hour.

This is definitely an example of the quality of the fight scenes in the movies she did. There's an almost robotic quality to it.

Ted C
Bad Movie Lover

Turn Up the Evil!

« Reply #13 on: February 22, 2022, 09:18:54 PM »

Some more Cynthia action...

https://youtu.be/V51bMj0o_Og

JuanSnz
« Reply #14 on: February 23, 2022, 05:11:23 PM »

^ I think I didn't watch any of those movies, I don't remember to see her as a Kung Fu fighter. Mostly the movies I watched were from the 90s, and she was always a police or other Law enforcement black belt in Karate or Tang Soo Do. Of course, she was 'advertised' like the female counterpart of Chuck Norris.
Pages: [1] 2
Badmovies.org Forum  |  Movies  |  Bad Movies  |  Video - "The BEST Bad Movie Fight Scenes" according someone « previous next »
    Jump to:  

RSS Feed Subscribe Subscribe by RSS
    Email Subscribe Subscribe by Email

Popular Articles
    How To Find A Bad Movie

The Champions of Justice

Plan 9 from Outer Space

Manos, The Hands of Fate

Podcast: Todd the Convenience Store Clerk

Faster, Pussycat! Kill! Kill!

Dragonball: The Magic Begins

Cool As Ice

The Educational Archives: Driver's Ed

Godzilla vs. Monster Zero

Do you have a zombie plan?

FROM THE BADMOVIES.ORG ARCHIVES
    ImageThe Giant Claw - Slime drop

Earth is visited by a GIANT ANTIMATTER SPACE BUZZARD! Gawk at the amazingly bad bird puppet, or chuckle over the silly dialog. This is one of the greatest b-movies ever made.

Lesson Learned:
    • Osmosis: os·mo·sis (oz-mo'sis, os-) n., 1. When a bird eats something.

Subscribe to Badmovies.org and get updates by email:

HOME B-Movie Reviews Reader Reviews Forum Interviews TV Shows Advertising Information Sideshows Links Contact

Badmovies.org is owned and operated by Andrew Borntreger. All original content is © 1998 - 2014 by its respective author(s). Image, video, and audio files are used in accordance with the Fair Use Law, and are property of the film copyright holders. You may freely link to any page (.html or .php) on this website, but reproduction in any other form must be authorized by the copyright holder.