Bad Movie Logo
"A website to the detriment of good film"
Custom Search
HOMEB-MOVIE REVIEWSREADER REVIEWSFORUMINTERVIEWSUPDATESABOUT
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
March 29, 2024, 06:04:45 AM
713391 Posts in 53058 Topics by 7725 Members
Latest Member: wibwao
Badmovies.org Forum  |  Other Topics  |  Off Topic Discussion  |  The Crazy SOB Actually Did it! « previous next »
Pages: 1 ... 5 6 [7] 8 9 ... 54
Author Topic: The Crazy SOB Actually Did it!  (Read 73797 times)
RCMerchant
Bela
B-Movie Kraken

"Charlie,we're in HELL!"-"yeah,ain't it groovy?!"

« Reply #90 on: March 02, 2022, 11:13:52 PM »

People like this give me hope.

An old Ukrainian woman gives Russian soldiers sunflower seeds that will grow on their graves.
Sunflowers are Ukraine's national flower.

Then she basically says ' f**k you!'

Small | Large
« Last Edit: March 02, 2022, 11:52:58 PM by RCMerchant » Logged

"Supernatural?...perhaps. Baloney?...Perhaps not!" Bela Lugosi-the BLACK CAT (1934)
Interviewer-"Does Dracula ever end for you?
Lugosi-"No. Dracula-never ends."

Slobber, Drool, Drip!
https://www.tumblr.com/ronmerchant
Allhallowsday
B-Movie Kraken

Either he's dead or my watch has stopped!

« Reply #91 on: March 02, 2022, 11:58:47 PM »

...Something is off when one man's life matters so much in the path of history in a world of billions. 

Now that I dig.

If you want to view paradise . . . simply look around and view it!
Rev. Powell
Global Moderator
B-Movie Kraken

Click on that globe for 366 Weird Movies

« Reply #92 on: March 03, 2022, 10:09:38 AM »

Nata is still posting. In fact, today she posted pictures feeding the pigeons. No war images.

A Russian convoy is now reportedly stalled 20 miles outside Kyiv.

I'll take you places the hand of man has not yet set foot...
LilCerberus
A Very Bad Person, overweight bald guy with a missing tooth, and
Frightening Fanatic of Horrible Cinema

Quis custodiet ipsos custodes?

« Reply #93 on: March 03, 2022, 12:42:13 PM »

Since biden won't do it, a couple of US companies quit buying Russian oil...
Gonna hurt us more than it does them, but I guess it sends a statement...

"Science Fiction & Nostalgia have become the same thing!" - T Bone Burnett
The world runs off money, even for those with a warped sense of what the world is.
Rev. Powell
Global Moderator
B-Movie Kraken

« Reply #94 on: March 04, 2022, 09:04:37 AM »

Nata's still feeding the pigeons. Even though they're shelling Kyiv.

https://youtu.be/Oke_-kJg8pg

RCMerchant
Bela
B-Movie Kraken

« Reply #95 on: March 04, 2022, 09:05:58 AM »

Since biden won't do it, a couple of US companies quit buying Russian oil...
Gonna hurt us more than it does them, but I guess it sends a statement...

I guess you send a statement too, what that is...???  Question

« Last Edit: March 04, 2022, 11:33:35 AM by RCMerchant » Logged

"Supernatural?...perhaps. Baloney?...Perhaps not!" Bela Lugosi-the BLACK CAT (1934)

Slobber, Drool, Drip!
ER
B-Movie Kraken

The sleep of reasoner breeds monsters. (sic)

« Reply #96 on: March 04, 2022, 12:39:25 PM »

It's become morally inexcusable to fund Putin by purchasing his oil.

If the world quit buying Russian oil, Putin's regime would collapse. Russia is already imploding in slow motion in the realm of history, has been for decades with its low birth rates and internal decay, but without oil to sell, the country would simply descend into third world status. (Which could be even more dangerous.)

It's not a scientific survey, but every Russian I have spoken to in the last fifteen years hated Putin and wanted him gone. I look on this aggression in Ukraine as Putin's fault, not Russian people's, though I'd like to see more open resistance and non-cooperation among Russians inside Russia, and sanctions may nudge that along.

I know they have motivation to be so, but the courage of the Ukrainians who are standing in front of Russian tanks is humbling. War brings out the best and the worst at the same time.

What does not kill me makes me stranger.
lester1/2jr
B-Movie Kraken

« Reply #97 on: March 04, 2022, 04:13:05 PM »

I drive for a living. I'm not going to pay 10 a gallon for gas so NATO can expand it's operations in yet another former soviet territory. I feel bad for Ukraine though and in fact Ukraine could be any of us. What if China started supporting secession in Texas or Florida or gave Mexico weapons to take back California?

We are all just pawns in the big chess game of the rich and powerful.

« Last Edit: March 04, 2022, 04:51:37 PM by lester1/2jr » Logged
Rev. Powell
Global Moderator
B-Movie Kraken

« Reply #98 on: March 05, 2022, 11:38:05 AM »

Nata is still feeding the pigeons and begging for donations. I'm afraid the siege of Kyiv will start soon.

My Russian friend is continuing to post despite Russia saying they've cut off access to Facebook. I guess he's using a VPN. He's not saying anything too inflammatory but I'm suddenly a little afraid for him too when I hear about Putin's crackdown on "fake news."

ER
B-Movie Kraken

The sleep of reasoner breeds monsters. (sic)

« Reply #99 on: March 05, 2022, 01:55:26 PM »

Apparently it's illegal in Russia to call this a war, it's a "special operation."

What does not kill me makes me stranger.
RCMerchant
Bela
B-Movie Kraken

« Reply #100 on: March 05, 2022, 02:23:51 PM »

Well, it looks like no one should fret too much about Russian gas; it's pretty low. They're convoy is stalled. It ran out of gas!

Slobber, Drool, Drip!
LilCerberus
A Very Bad Person, overweight bald guy with a missing tooth, and

Quis custodiet ipsos custodes?

« Reply #101 on: March 05, 2022, 03:20:47 PM »

Well, it looks like no one should fret too much about Russian gas; it's pretty low. They're convoy is stalled. It ran out of gas!

It's not because they ran out of gas, it's because the Russians are having a hard time getting the gas to the tanks, as well as food & spare parts due to bottlenecking & Ukrainian attacks.
Making a single 40 mile long convoy was strategically a pretty bad idea.

"Science Fiction & Nostalgia have become the same thing!" - T Bone Burnett
The world runs off money, even for those with a warped sense of what the world is.
RCMerchant
Bela
B-Movie Kraken

« Reply #102 on: March 05, 2022, 03:26:13 PM »

^ If they can't get the gas to the tanks...then they'er out of gas! Which gets me to thinking (uh oh!) did the trucks bring them gas run out of gas?  Question
Or was there never any gas on the way?
« Last Edit: March 05, 2022, 03:34:08 PM by RCMerchant » Logged

Slobber, Drool, Drip!
Jim H

« Reply #103 on: March 05, 2022, 04:03:11 PM »

It's not because they ran out of gas, it's because the Russians are having a hard time getting the gas to the tanks, as well as food & spare parts due to bottlenecking & Ukrainian attacks.

From what I've read from some military people, it sounds like Russian tanks were poorly maintained and not run frequently enough but corruption in logging means they can't really even tell easily what has and hasn't been maintained.  They didn't do things like limit sun exposure and monitor tires, check for rust, all kinds of stuff.  So the tires seem ok at a glance, but have gotten weak; this means they can't drive well through Ukrainian mud (which apparently is brutal) without shredding and getting stuck.  So now they have to drive on a limited number of roads and mostly stick together, making them easier targets.  

Russia blew this initial attack in a number of ways; almost every expert overestimated how fit the Russian military was.  While it makes me happy for Ukraine, it makes me worry for the world; I don't like the idea of badly corrupt and inept fools with thousands of nukes.  Failures in the missile detection systems in the USSR days nearly led to nuclear war in the 1980s, I don't want that to happen again when we have less competent and moral people than Stanislav Petrov at the button.
« Last Edit: March 05, 2022, 04:06:16 PM by Jim H » Logged
Alex
B-Movie Kraken

« Reply #104 on: March 05, 2022, 06:29:58 PM »

From what I've read from some military people, it sounds like Russian tanks were poorly maintained and not run frequently enough but corruption in logging means they can't really even tell easily what has and hasn't been maintained.  They didn't do things like limit sun exposure and monitor tires, check for rust, all kinds of stuff.  So the tires seem ok at a glance, but have gotten weak; this means they can't drive well through Ukrainian mud (which apparently is brutal) without shredding and getting stuck.  So now they have to drive on a limited number of roads and mostly stick together, making them easier targets.  

Russia blew this initial attack in a number of ways; almost every expert overestimated how fit the Russian military was.  While it makes me happy for Ukraine, it makes me worry for the world; I don't like the idea of badly corrupt and inept fools with thousands of nukes.  Failures in the missile detection systems in the USSR days nearly led to nuclear war in the 1980s, I don't want that to happen again when we have less competent and moral people than Stanislav Petrov at the button.

Honestly, we've known for decades that the Russian military is in a bad way. They use conscripts who are badly trained and brutally treated by their comrades-in-arms as well as their commanders. The deployment of their one aircraft carrier to Syria a couple of years back was a disaster for them. They lost two jets (one was due to the deck catapult failing if I recall correctly and I can't remember why they lost the other one, although I am pretty sure it was another accident). The ship's water filtration system failed and they had to send out a supply ship to give them fresh water (although I think the sailors had to go without showers for the duration). I think I might have even heard that the engine failed on the route home and it had to be towed at least part of the way back. The problem is that people can learn from these mistakes and make sure they don't happen the next time (I believe the Admiral Kuznetsov went in for a major refit to fix these problems for example and an intensive training regime was planned for its sailors). I'd rather see Russia not learn from its mistakes and make them later on. The first Chechen campaign used up all the Russian army's ammunition supplies for the next five years and evidently, they have a terrible system in place for command and control for their fighters.

Still, all this is an improvement on the days when electricity companies shut off supplies to Russian military bases because they couldn't afford to pay their electric bills. Much of their equipment is still Cold War relics (although they do have some quite scary modern kit). I wouldn't be surprised to see a repeat of what happened in the Winter War of 39-40.

But do you understand That none of this will matter Nothing can take your pain away
Pages: 1 ... 5 6 [7] 8 9 ... 54
Badmovies.org Forum  |  Other Topics  |  Off Topic Discussion  |  The Crazy SOB Actually Did it! « previous next »
    Jump to:  

RSS Feed Subscribe Subscribe by RSS
    Email Subscribe Subscribe by Email

Popular Articles
    How To Find A Bad Movie

The Champions of Justice

Plan 9 from Outer Space

Manos, The Hands of Fate

Podcast: Todd the Convenience Store Clerk

Faster, Pussycat! Kill! Kill!

Dragonball: The Magic Begins

Cool As Ice

The Educational Archives: Driver's Ed

Godzilla vs. Monster Zero

Do you have a zombie plan?

FROM THE BADMOVIES.ORG ARCHIVES
    ImageThe Giant Claw - Slime drop

Earth is visited by a GIANT ANTIMATTER SPACE BUZZARD! Gawk at the amazingly bad bird puppet, or chuckle over the silly dialog. This is one of the greatest b-movies ever made.

Lesson Learned:
    • Osmosis: os·mo·sis (oz-mo'sis, os-) n., 1. When a bird eats something.

Subscribe to Badmovies.org and get updates by email:

HOME B-Movie Reviews Reader Reviews Forum Interviews TV Shows Advertising Information Sideshows Links Contact

Badmovies.org is owned and operated by Andrew Borntreger. All original content is © 1998 - 2014 by its respective author(s). Image, video, and audio files are used in accordance with the Fair Use Law, and are property of the film copyright holders. You may freely link to any page (.html or .php) on this website, but reproduction in any other form must be authorized by the copyright holder.