Bad Movie Logo
"A website to the detriment of good film"
Custom Search
HOMEB-MOVIE REVIEWSREADER REVIEWSFORUMINTERVIEWSUPDATESABOUT
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
April 24, 2024, 10:59:21 PM
714351 Posts in 53095 Topics by 7741 Members
Latest Member: SashaHilly
Badmovies.org Forum  |  Other Topics  |  Off Topic Discussion  |  The Crazy SOB Actually Did it! « previous next »
Pages: 1 ... 8 9 [10] 11 12 ... 54
Author Topic: The Crazy SOB Actually Did it!  (Read 76346 times)
El Misfit
[Insert witty here]
B-Movie Kraken

Hi there!

« Reply #135 on: March 08, 2022, 06:51:26 PM »

CAN WE F**KING PLEASE GET BACK TO PUTIN INVADING UKRAINE FOR F**K SAKES?

yeah no.
RCMerchant
Bela
B-Movie Kraken

"Charlie,we're in HELL!"-"yeah,ain't it groovy?!"

« Reply #136 on: March 08, 2022, 07:11:10 PM »

What worrries me is if they make it a "no fly zone".
Also what happens to Ukraine if someone doesn't stop Russia?
I don't think sanctions are going to do enough. Putin doesn't care if the Russian people starve. That pig is rich.
He's in it for the kicks and jollies.  Bluesad
« Last Edit: March 08, 2022, 08:00:26 PM by RCMerchant » Logged

"Supernatural?...perhaps. Baloney?...Perhaps not!" Bela Lugosi-the BLACK CAT (1934)
Interviewer-"Does Dracula ever end for you?
Lugosi-"No. Dracula-never ends."

Slobber, Drool, Drip!
https://www.tumblr.com/ronmerchant
Jim H
Frightening Fanatic of Horrible Cinema

« Reply #137 on: March 08, 2022, 09:36:16 PM »

So, when a republican tells a joke, it's not a joke, but when some rich, stuck up "comedian" hates on people, it's supposed to be a joke?

G**D***, your anger & hate have got your sense of humor all screwed up!

Are you confusing RC and Lester, or think they're the same person?  Lester didn't mention political parties, he didn't mention republicans, he didn't mention jokes by other people, he didn't bring up other comedians or politicians of any kind telling jokes, and he said nothing even remotely hateful or angry.  This reads as a total non-sequitur response as a result.

But back to Ukraine...

They're so "bogged down" that they're about to take the capitol after like a week.

They likely will eventually if they keep pushing, but they're not about to.  They're basically talking about sending a bunch more troops into a meat grinder and fail, Ukraine has had too much time to prepare and there aren't enough troops yet to overcome.  They don't even have the city surrounded, just two sides last I looked.  It's going to be a long bloody siege looks like, and Russia will pay for every inch in blood.  I guess we'll find out in a couple more days when the current ceasefire ends. 
Allhallowsday
B-Movie Kraken

Either he's dead or my watch has stopped!

« Reply #138 on: March 08, 2022, 11:06:13 PM »

I was just a little confuse over which "washed up wingnut" you were talking about;;;;
The one that's been OUT of the white house for the past year, or the one that's IN the white house right now????

^ Your a little "confuse", all right;;;
...OK. I'll go for that.  Thumbup

You two are terrible.  And funny.   Thumbup BounceGiggle

If you want to view paradise . . . simply look around and view it!
lester1/2jr
B-Movie Kraken

« Reply #139 on: March 08, 2022, 11:40:05 PM »

anyone put off by the overt fascism on display in the Ukraine? particularly in the military ranks
LilCerberus
A Very Bad Person, overweight bald guy with a missing tooth, and

Quis custodiet ipsos custodes?

« Reply #140 on: March 08, 2022, 11:54:38 PM »

anyone put off by the overt fascism on display in the Ukraine? particularly in the military ranks

You mean by the Ukrainian army or the Russian army?

"Science Fiction & Nostalgia have become the same thing!" - T Bone Burnett
The world runs off money, even for those with a warped sense of what the world is.
lester1/2jr
B-Movie Kraken

« Reply #141 on: March 09, 2022, 12:22:51 AM »

I meant the Ukrainian one but that's a good point. Eastern Europe in general has a big nazi community who are also like hobbits
RCMerchant
Bela
B-Movie Kraken

"Charlie,we're in HELL!"-"yeah,ain't it groovy?!"

« Reply #142 on: March 09, 2022, 09:52:30 AM »

Breaking News!
 A Ukrainian woman has downed a drone with a jar of tomatoes as Vladimir Putin's Russian troops continue to mount with their invasion operation.

https://www.express.co.uk/news/world/1577097/ukraine-woman-down-drone-tomato-jar-russia-invasion-putin-latest-news-ont

Dam!  Buggedout

"Supernatural?...perhaps. Baloney?...Perhaps not!" Bela Lugosi-the BLACK CAT (1934)
Interviewer-"Does Dracula ever end for you?
Lugosi-"No. Dracula-never ends."

Slobber, Drool, Drip!
https://www.tumblr.com/ronmerchant
Rev. Powell
Global Moderator
B-Movie Kraken

Click on that globe for 366 Weird Movies

« Reply #143 on: March 09, 2022, 10:30:18 AM »

That's certainly one of Putin's two talking points along with NATO. There are some independent paramilitary groups (most notably the Azov battalion) that are far-right-wing. Of course, it would be better if they weren't tolerated, but the government is not turning down their assistance in a time of emergency.

They have their own politics that are unfamiliar to us: "“In Europe, Nazis support Putin. They think that he wants to make a white, Slavic Europe,” says [Sergeant] Kharkiv [of the Azvov Battalion]. “But the white leader, Putin, kills Slavic people. I don’t know what the separatists are fighting for."

https://www.thedailybeast.com/how-many-neo-nazis-is-the-us-backing-in-ukraine

2018 article: https://www.reuters.com/article/us-cohen-ukraine-commentary/commentary-ukraines-neo-nazi-problem-idUSKBN1GV2TY

I'll take you places the hand of man has not yet set foot...
Rev. Powell
Global Moderator
B-Movie Kraken

« Reply #144 on: March 09, 2022, 10:34:05 AM »

Nata continues to post and continues to feed pigeons. Her sister and her sister's kids evacuated and is in Hungary. They think that Hungarians don't like Ukrainians.

Russian friend is still posting somehow and says he can access youtube. He's not posting anything specifically anti-Putin but you can tell he's not pro-war.
« Last Edit: March 09, 2022, 10:37:13 AM by Rev. Powell » Logged

lester1/2jr
B-Movie Kraken

« Reply #145 on: March 09, 2022, 03:33:54 PM »

That's certainly one of Putin's two talking points along with NATO

Well, it outta be cuz its an accurate one. they also typically reject any sort of diplomacy with russia which is not helpful

"After President Zelensky’s election in 2019, the extreme right threatened him with removal from office, or even death, if he negotiated with separatist leaders from Donbas and followed through on the Minsk Protocol. Zelensky had run for election as a “peace candidate,” but under threat from the right, he refused to even talk to Donbas leaders, whom he dismissed as terrorists."

https://www.codepink.org/how_the_us_has_empowered_and_armed_neo_nazis_in_ukraine
indianasmith
Archeologist, Theologian, Elder Scrolls Addict, and a
B-Movie Kraken

A good bad movie is like popcorn for the soul!

« Reply #146 on: March 09, 2022, 06:29:40 PM »

One thing this crisis has driven home to me is that a disturbingly large percentage of the American electorate would be perfectly happy to see democracy wither here and all over the world as long as they have jobs and their gas is $1.50 a gallon.

"I shall smite you in the nostrils with a rod of iron, and wax your spleen with Efferdent!!"
Allhallowsday
B-Movie Kraken

Either he's dead or my watch has stopped!

« Reply #147 on: March 09, 2022, 06:36:54 PM »

One thing this crisis has driven home to me is that a disturbingly large percentage of the American electorate would be perfectly happy to see democracy wither here and all over the world as long as they have jobs and their gas is $1.50 a gallon.

It is frightening, stunning, and true. 

If you want to view paradise . . . simply look around and view it!
LilCerberus
A Very Bad Person, overweight bald guy with a missing tooth, and

Quis custodiet ipsos custodes?

« Reply #148 on: March 09, 2022, 06:38:26 PM »

How so?
I've watched democracy get stomped on over the past year while jobs have disappeared and gas shot back up to $3.50 a gallon.

"Science Fiction & Nostalgia have become the same thing!" - T Bone Burnett
The world runs off money, even for those with a warped sense of what the world is.
Rev. Powell
Global Moderator
B-Movie Kraken

« Reply #149 on: March 09, 2022, 06:57:43 PM »

That's certainly one of Putin's two talking points along with NATO

Well, it outta be cuz its an accurate one. they also typically reject any sort of diplomacy with russia which is not helpful

"After President Zelensky’s election in 2019, the extreme right threatened him with removal from office, or even death, if he negotiated with separatist leaders from Donbas and followed through on the Minsk Protocol. Zelensky had run for election as a “peace candidate,” but under threat from the right, he refused to even talk to Donbas leaders, whom he dismissed as terrorists."

https://www.codepink.org/how_the_us_has_empowered_and_armed_neo_nazis_in_ukraine

Even that article (which honestly looks to be written by far-left kooks---they frickin' cite "Moon of Alabama" as a source) states up front that "Russia exaggerating it as a pretext for war" and points out that their far-right party (and the Nazi sympathizers are a minority even in within the party) won less than 5% of the parliament. And their support is shrinking.

I find this to be pretty balanced: https://www.npr.org/2022/03/05/1084729572/the-russian-ukraine-conflict-could-strengthen-neo-fascist-groups-in-both-countri

There are Nazis everywhere. Hell, a couple of US Congresspeople just spoke at a Nazi event (where the crowd cheered for Putin, because Nazis can't seem to figure out who they support in this white-on-white conflict).

There's a right wing fringe in Ukraine, but it seems to me focusing on them only muddies the water in what is actually a rare case of moral clarity in world politics: Putin is 100% wrong. Even if you grant that there are Nazis in Ukraine, he can't invade a sovereign country to root them out. Anyone can invade anyone if that's the case.

Pages: 1 ... 8 9 [10] 11 12 ... 54
Badmovies.org Forum  |  Other Topics  |  Off Topic Discussion  |  The Crazy SOB Actually Did it! « previous next »
    Jump to:  

RSS Feed Subscribe Subscribe by RSS
    Email Subscribe Subscribe by Email

Popular Articles
    How To Find A Bad Movie

The Champions of Justice

Plan 9 from Outer Space

Manos, The Hands of Fate

Podcast: Todd the Convenience Store Clerk

Faster, Pussycat! Kill! Kill!

Dragonball: The Magic Begins

Cool As Ice

The Educational Archives: Driver's Ed

Godzilla vs. Monster Zero

Do you have a zombie plan?

FROM THE BADMOVIES.ORG ARCHIVES
    ImageThe Giant Claw - Slime drop

Earth is visited by a GIANT ANTIMATTER SPACE BUZZARD! Gawk at the amazingly bad bird puppet, or chuckle over the silly dialog. This is one of the greatest b-movies ever made.

Lesson Learned:
    • Osmosis: os·mo·sis (oz-mo'sis, os-) n., 1. When a bird eats something.

Subscribe to Badmovies.org and get updates by email:

HOME B-Movie Reviews Reader Reviews Forum Interviews TV Shows Advertising Information Sideshows Links Contact

Badmovies.org is owned and operated by Andrew Borntreger. All original content is © 1998 - 2014 by its respective author(s). Image, video, and audio files are used in accordance with the Fair Use Law, and are property of the film copyright holders. You may freely link to any page (.html or .php) on this website, but reproduction in any other form must be authorized by the copyright holder.