Bad Movie Logo
"A website to the detriment of good film"
Custom Search
HOMEB-MOVIE REVIEWSREADER REVIEWSFORUMINTERVIEWSUPDATESABOUT
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
March 28, 2024, 08:55:42 AM
713331 Posts in 53056 Topics by 7725 Members
Latest Member: wibwao
Badmovies.org Forum  |  Other Topics  |  Television  |  V The Original Miniseries / V The Final Battle. « previous next »
Pages: [1]
Author Topic: V The Original Miniseries / V The Final Battle.  (Read 3344 times)
JuanSnz
« on: March 05, 2022, 06:25:21 PM »

Just my unpopular opinion. I just finished watching the first episode of V The Final Battle (1984), and I really don't want to watch the others two episodes. Instead, I read those episodes plot, and I don't like it.

Sorry, I don't like it. Which it is 'sad' because I like the first episode from the '83 miniseries, I give it a 4 green slime drop, and the second, well a 3.

I was thinking after watching The Final Battle make a topic, asking you if you watched V on TV and really was a huge thing like everyone said.

Now, shoot.

PD: If you are gonna shoot, do it like all those mice eaters soldiers. Jeez, seams like they learn to shoot in the same Academy where attended the Star Wars Stormtroopers.
Trevor
Uncle Zombie and Eminent Shitologist
B-Movie Kraken

« Reply #1 on: March 06, 2022, 05:20:33 AM »

I enjoyed the series ["Mousie, mousie...."  Buggedout] and I had a bit of a crush on Jane Badler.

I know I can make it on my own if I try, but I'm searching for the Great Heart
To stand me by, underneath the African sky
A Great Heart to stand me by.
Newt
Mostly Harmless. Mostly.
Frightening Fanatic of Horrible Cinema

I want to be Ripley when I grow up.

« Reply #2 on: March 06, 2022, 08:20:22 AM »

Watched it in broadcast.  It was alright.  A bit heavy-handed on the tropes, perhaps.  Seems to me a great deal of SF for TV is actually done by and for non-SF fans.  The wider general audience.  Understandably.   Best seen as leaning into 'campy'.

"May I offer you a Peek Frean?" - Walter Bishop
"Thank you for appreciating my descent into deviant behavior, Mr. Reese." - Harold Finch
zombie no.one

Oookaay...

« Reply #3 on: March 06, 2022, 10:26:46 AM »

found this series took itself a bit too seriously and was also too heavy on the melodrama... got bored pretty soon into the first proper season after trudging thru the initial mini movies

The Mandela Effect is a Mandela Effect
lester1/2jr
B-Movie Kraken

« Reply #4 on: March 09, 2022, 10:00:29 PM »

I've been watching it off and on on tubi yeah its not that great
RCMerchant
Bela
B-Movie Kraken

"Charlie,we're in HELL!"-"yeah,ain't it groovy?!"

« Reply #5 on: March 10, 2022, 06:33:57 AM »

I recall V on TV back in the day. Yeah- it sucked. I watched some of it for the reptile aliens.

"Supernatural?...perhaps. Baloney?...Perhaps not!" Bela Lugosi-the BLACK CAT (1934)
Interviewer-"Does Dracula ever end for you?
Lugosi-"No. Dracula-never ends."

Slobber, Drool, Drip!
https://www.tumblr.com/ronmerchant
FatFreddysCat
Movies, Metal, Beer!

« Reply #6 on: March 10, 2022, 01:04:02 PM »

I liked the two "V" mini series when they were current. I had several of the tie-in paperback novels and even collected the short lived DC Comics series, but I haven't revisited them since the late '80s. I imagine that it's aged terribly.

"V" was already played out by the time NBC tried to turn it into a weekly series, which was essentially "The A-Team" with aliens in it. That didn't last long.

Hey, HEY, kids! Check out my way-cool Music and Movie Review blog on HubPages!
http://hubpages.com/@fatfreddyscat
lester1/2jr
B-Movie Kraken

« Reply #7 on: March 10, 2022, 11:35:01 PM »

I remember being into "the final battle" hopefully tubi uploads that uno
Argos
Dedicated Viewer

« Reply #8 on: March 11, 2022, 11:04:36 AM »

As I said in other topic, I almost delete my account by testing an Internet browser (screw you Pale Moon).

Backing to 'V', I feel like it is not so great as I think would be. I still don't find a good reason to resume watching 'V The Final Battle', and it is frustrating because I really like the first episode from the Original Miniseries, I don't want to drop it so easily.

But I think that the idea of 'V' was like most fiction TV shows from those years, just non-ordinary heroes who help common people with their problems, like 'Wonder Woman', 'Hulk', 'Knight Rider', 'The Six Million Dollars Man', and so on. But in this case, the heroes are humans and the 'problem' are reptilian from Sirius that eat mice and guinea pigs.

I still wonder why Humanity fall so fast from the Visitors; or the aliens have some kind of pheromones that seduce Humans, or in the Series universe, nobody seen a SciFi movie about Extraterrestrials coming to Earth.
Neville

« Reply #9 on: May 15, 2022, 05:34:45 AM »

It was very popular at the time, but you have to consider 1980s TV wasn't known for its quality. This was before streaming, before HBO. Hell, before 16:9 and HD. Sci-fi shows at the time were known to be campy and to re-use those expensive FX shots as much as they could.

IIRC "V" consisted of a miniseries, wich was well received, and a subsequent TV series that dumbed it down and turned it into a joke.

I don't know how I would react to "V" now. I'd probably laugh at it. I do remember some scenes popped up up on my TV a few years ago. They had Charles as the big villain on them and you just couldn't take him seriously.

Due to the horrifying nature of this film, no one will be admitted to the theatre.
Pages: [1]
Badmovies.org Forum  |  Other Topics  |  Television  |  V The Original Miniseries / V The Final Battle. « previous next »
    Jump to:  

RSS Feed Subscribe Subscribe by RSS
    Email Subscribe Subscribe by Email

Popular Articles
    How To Find A Bad Movie

The Champions of Justice

Plan 9 from Outer Space

Manos, The Hands of Fate

Podcast: Todd the Convenience Store Clerk

Faster, Pussycat! Kill! Kill!

Dragonball: The Magic Begins

Cool As Ice

The Educational Archives: Driver's Ed

Godzilla vs. Monster Zero

Do you have a zombie plan?

FROM THE BADMOVIES.ORG ARCHIVES
    ImageThe Giant Claw - Slime drop

Earth is visited by a GIANT ANTIMATTER SPACE BUZZARD! Gawk at the amazingly bad bird puppet, or chuckle over the silly dialog. This is one of the greatest b-movies ever made.

Lesson Learned:
    • Osmosis: os·mo·sis (oz-mo'sis, os-) n., 1. When a bird eats something.

Subscribe to Badmovies.org and get updates by email:

HOME B-Movie Reviews Reader Reviews Forum Interviews TV Shows Advertising Information Sideshows Links Contact

Badmovies.org is owned and operated by Andrew Borntreger. All original content is © 1998 - 2014 by its respective author(s). Image, video, and audio files are used in accordance with the Fair Use Law, and are property of the film copyright holders. You may freely link to any page (.html or .php) on this website, but reproduction in any other form must be authorized by the copyright holder.