Bad Movie Logo
"A website to the detriment of good film"
Custom Search
HOMEB-MOVIE REVIEWSREADER REVIEWSFORUMINTERVIEWSUPDATESABOUT
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
April 27, 2024, 05:23:03 AM
714431 Posts in 53097 Topics by 7742 Members
Latest Member: KathleneKa
Badmovies.org Forum  |  Other Topics  |  Off Topic Discussion  |  Did Donald Trump foment insurrection? « previous next »
Pages: [1] 2 3 4
Author Topic: Did Donald Trump foment insurrection?  (Read 6549 times)
Allhallowsday
B-Movie Kraken

Either he's dead or my watch has stopped!

« on: July 03, 2022, 02:11:48 PM »

Did Donald Trump foment insurrection?   

I am interested in opinions.  If this thread becomes a problem, I will delete it. 

If you want to view paradise . . . simply look around and view it!
RCMerchant
Bela
B-Movie Kraken

"Charlie,we're in HELL!"-"yeah,ain't it groovy?!"

« Reply #1 on: July 03, 2022, 02:40:42 PM »

Yes.
And I am not basing my opinion on politics.
Like Joe Friday would say- "just the facts".
« Last Edit: July 03, 2022, 02:47:03 PM by RCMerchant » Logged

"Supernatural?...perhaps. Baloney?...Perhaps not!" Bela Lugosi-the BLACK CAT (1934)
Interviewer-"Does Dracula ever end for you?
Lugosi-"No. Dracula-never ends."

Slobber, Drool, Drip!
https://www.tumblr.com/ronmerchant
retrorussell
In the town of Valentine Bluffs, there are many ways to die. Take your pick.
Frightening Fanatic of Horrible Cinema

Hanniger! I'll be waiting in HELL for you!

« Reply #2 on: July 03, 2022, 03:00:26 PM »

No.
His verbiage included "peacefully and patriotically make your voices heard".  He did also say "we are going to fight like hell or we won't have a country anymore" and  "we won this election and we won it by a landslide", and "we will never give up; we will not concede, that doesn't happen".

My thoughts:
Maxine Waters and other Democrats have said the same or worse (about BLM) but never get any flack (and BLM caused far more violence and property damage).
Also, Trump did have a pretty good lead (I don't know about "landslide") and it closed right at the end.
Trump is an arrogant blowhard, I will admit.  But I also think the economy would have been far better off and I think he may have prevented the war in Ukraine, and therefore 5 plus dollars a gallon.  And I loved that he held reporters accountable.

Thanks for accepting opinions on this dicey topic.

"O the legend they say, on a Valentine's Day, is a curse that'll live on and on.."
LilCerberus
A Very Bad Person, overweight bald guy with a missing tooth, and

Quis custodiet ipsos custodes?

« Reply #3 on: July 03, 2022, 03:08:48 PM »

Well, first of all, it's been established that the rioters were at the capital twenty minutes before trump started speaking...
There were also requests for additional security in the days leading up to j6 from trump, members of his staff, Former Capitol Police chief Steven Sund, as well as former SGT At Arms Paul Irving, & the late Michael Stenger.... All of which were denied by Nancy Pelosi & DC Mayor Muriel Bowser...
AND, there's plenty of footage of outside instigators, most notably, left wing journalist John Sullivan, but also a man named Ray Epps, who somehow went from public enemy number one to completely disappearing from the FBI's radar, as well as a number of other people with bullhorns that they're not even looking for, just the ones that posed for selfies.....

Yes, the proud boys were there, but I kinda doubt they were acting under trumps instructions...

"Science Fiction & Nostalgia have become the same thing!" - T Bone Burnett
The world runs off money, even for those with a warped sense of what the world is.
RCMerchant
Bela
B-Movie Kraken

« Reply #4 on: July 03, 2022, 03:50:28 PM »

Well, first of all, it's been established that the rioters were at the capital twenty minutes before trump started speaking...
There were also requests for additional security in the days leading up to j6 from trump, members of his staff, Former Capitol Police chief Steven Sund, as well as former SGT At Arms Paul Irving, & the late Michael Stenger.... All of which were denied by Nancy Pelosi & DC Mayor Muriel Bowser...
AND, there's plenty of footage of outside instigators, most notably, left wing journalist John Sullivan, but also a man named Ray Epps, who somehow went from public enemy number one to completely disappearing from the FBI's radar, as well as a number of other people with bullhorns that they're not even looking for, just the ones that posed for selfies.....

Yes, the proud boys were there, but I kinda doubt they were acting under trumps instructions...

BounceGiggle BounceGiggle BounceGiggle
That's why I love you!

« Last Edit: July 03, 2022, 03:52:42 PM by RCMerchant » Logged

"Supernatural?...perhaps. Baloney?...Perhaps not!" Bela Lugosi-the BLACK CAT (1934)

Slobber, Drool, Drip!
bob
I survived Bucky Larson

Torgo watches you masterbate!

« Reply #5 on: July 03, 2022, 04:33:45 PM »

obviously

Kubrick, Nolan, Tarantino, Wan, Iñárritu, Scorsese, Chaplin, Abrams, Wes Anderson, Gilliam, Kurosawa - the elite

I believe in the international communist conspiracy to sap and impurify all of our precious bodily fluids.
indianasmith
Archeologist, Theologian, Elder Scrolls Addict, and a
B-Movie Kraken

A good bad movie is like popcorn for the soul!

« Reply #6 on: July 03, 2022, 05:53:04 PM »

100% YES!!!
He is a domestic enemy of the United States, and this thing was well planned in advance by his supporters.
Not attacking anyone on this thread, but these hearings have absolutely shown Trump's guilt.
To borrow a phrase, LOCK HIM UP!!!!!!!!!

"I shall smite you in the nostrils with a rod of iron, and wax your spleen with Efferdent!!"
LilCerberus

« Reply #7 on: July 03, 2022, 06:14:45 PM »

100% YES!!!
He is a domestic enemy of the United States, and this thing was well planned in advance by his supporters.
Not attacking anyone on this thread, but these hearings have absolutely shown Trump's guilt.

But these hearings lack legitimacy because pelosi rejected bipartisanship & installed a liberal majority (seven democrats & two RINOs) only has nine members instead of twelve, & lacks a minority reprehensive.... All of which are unlawful....

Not to mention, their star witness, Cassidy Hutchinson, has been caught relating hearsay, which the people she heard it from are disputing, was caught lying about certain first hand accounts, and was caught lying about a memo she claims to have written by both the man who wrote it, AND the man who told him to write it....

If this were an actual court of law, pelosi would find herself on the witness stand having to answer why requests for additional security were denied.

The world runs off money, even for those with a warped sense of what the world is.
RCMerchant
Bela
B-Movie Kraken

« Reply #8 on: July 03, 2022, 07:13:18 PM »

^ " When the moon hits your eye like a big pizza pie, that's amore...!"

Are you in love with this guy or something? What's the deal when time and again he is found to be full of s**t, yet you continue to quote blithering nonsense?
If he's innocent- why won't he testify? And why have most of his cronys plead the 5th? It's like me going to a liquer store-.
" Fith. and some Juju Fruits."
« Last Edit: July 03, 2022, 07:31:10 PM by RCMerchant » Logged

Slobber, Drool, Drip!
Rev. Powell
Global Moderator
B-Movie Kraken

Click on that globe for 366 Weird Movies

« Reply #9 on: July 03, 2022, 07:26:53 PM »

This thread could work if, no matter how emotional you get, you simply state your opinion and do not respond to other posters. Otherwise, the chance of a flame war approaches 100%. (We may already be there).

If I were a prosecutor I think I could make a case for Trump being guilty of seditious conspiracy. I doubt it would be possible to find a jury to convict him. But more evidence will come out.

In a non-legal sense, yes, he fomented insurrection. No other president in history has failed to concede after losing an election and exhausting legal remedies. No lame duck President scheduled a rally on the date of his successor's formal electoral tally, promising that such a rally would be "wild." The most charitable characterization of Trump's behavior that day is "reckless."

I'll take you places the hand of man has not yet set foot...
indianasmith
Archeologist, Theologian, Elder Scrolls Addict, and a
B-Movie Kraken

A good bad movie is like popcorn for the soul!

« Reply #10 on: July 03, 2022, 07:29:30 PM »

100% YES!!!

But these hearings lack legitimacy because pelosi rejected bipartisanship & installed a liberal majority (seven democrats & two RINOs) only has nine members instead of twelve, & lacks a minority reprehensive.... All of which are unlawful....

Not to mention, their star witness, Cassidy Hutchinson, has been caught relating hearsay, which the people she heard it from are disputing, was caught lying about certain first hand accounts, and was caught lying about a memo she claims to have written by both the man who wrote it, AND the man who told him to write it....

If this were an actual court of law, pelosi would find herself on the witness stand having to answer why requests for additional security were denied.

You registered your opinion; I registered mine, that's how polls work.
If this turns into a debate/argument, it will just get ugly and get it shut down.  Let the others weigh in, and let's see where a majority of opinions fall.
That's what polls are for.

"I shall smite you in the nostrils with a rod of iron, and wax your spleen with Efferdent!!"
Allhallowsday
B-Movie Kraken

« Reply #11 on: July 03, 2022, 08:29:37 PM »

Well, I guess it is a "poll" though I was merely thinking of an opportunity for us all to talk about it. 
There is no flame war.  I promise I will remove the thread if real arguing ensues.  Debate is okay in polite parameters.   Smile

Rev. Powell
Global Moderator
B-Movie Kraken

Click on that globe for 366 Weird Movies

« Reply #12 on: July 03, 2022, 08:33:12 PM »

Well, I guess it is a "poll" though I was merely thinking of an opportunity for us all to talk about it. 
There is no flame war.  I promise I will remove the thread if real arguing ensues.  Debate is okay in polite parameters.   Smile

RC already accused Lil Cerb of " blithering nonsense." Can Lil Cerb resist responding and escalating? We've seen this before, it always plays out the same way.

I'll take you places the hand of man has not yet set foot...
LilCerberus

« Reply #13 on: July 03, 2022, 08:53:02 PM »

Yes, trump can be boorish, but one should also take into account the hatred & vitriol spewed forth by maxine waters on her bullhorn, calling for violence against trump supporters, how this call was answered by Sarah Sanders getting chased out of restaurants & even a movie about Mr Rogers, or how people who wore the wrong color baseball cap could find themselves under attack no matter what was written on it....

And while trump was the first sitting president not to concede an election, he is the first candidate to be denied a substantive recount...
Remember, Al Gore got his, Hillary got hers & still claims 2016 was stolen, And Stacy Abrams is still convinced she won in 2018 even though it's been disproven, yet she somehow became some media darling.....

And let's not forget the violence....
There was a riot on Jan 20, 2017, the day trump was inaugurated, but it was downplayed by a lot of news outlets...
Then the congressional baseball shooting of june 14 that same year, which by all outward appearances should've been considered an act of terrorism, but was first written off as workplace violence, then suicide by cop (even though there were no "uniformed" police there at the time)...
And of course the permissive attitude towards the Floyd riots, in which federal building were breached, vandalized, damaged or destroyed.... Don't call it a whataboutism, don't try pretending j6 was worse or not the same thing, I witnessed evil in the summer of 2020, and ever since, I've had to listen to haters trying to tell me it was good & right.

Sum up four years of that crap, & you've got frustrated conservatives with outside instigators who knew exactly how to stir them up, and and Nancy Pelosi knew exactly what she was doing by turning down requests for more security!

Allhallowsday
B-Movie Kraken

« Reply #14 on: July 03, 2022, 09:42:33 PM »

Oh my goodness, LilCerb, please lay off.  You are talking about many subjects.  I have not seen you answer the original question. 

Pages: [1] 2 3 4
Badmovies.org Forum  |  Other Topics  |  Off Topic Discussion  |  Did Donald Trump foment insurrection? « previous next »
    Jump to:  

RSS Feed Subscribe Subscribe by RSS
    Email Subscribe Subscribe by Email

Popular Articles
    How To Find A Bad Movie

The Champions of Justice

Plan 9 from Outer Space

Manos, The Hands of Fate

Podcast: Todd the Convenience Store Clerk

Faster, Pussycat! Kill! Kill!

Dragonball: The Magic Begins

Cool As Ice

The Educational Archives: Driver's Ed

Godzilla vs. Monster Zero

Do you have a zombie plan?

FROM THE BADMOVIES.ORG ARCHIVES
    ImageThe Giant Claw - Slime drop

Earth is visited by a GIANT ANTIMATTER SPACE BUZZARD! Gawk at the amazingly bad bird puppet, or chuckle over the silly dialog. This is one of the greatest b-movies ever made.

Lesson Learned:
    • Osmosis: os·mo·sis (oz-mo'sis, os-) n., 1. When a bird eats something.

Subscribe to Badmovies.org and get updates by email:

HOME B-Movie Reviews Reader Reviews Forum Interviews TV Shows Advertising Information Sideshows Links Contact

Badmovies.org is owned and operated by Andrew Borntreger. All original content is © 1998 - 2014 by its respective author(s). Image, video, and audio files are used in accordance with the Fair Use Law, and are property of the film copyright holders. You may freely link to any page (.html or .php) on this website, but reproduction in any other form must be authorized by the copyright holder.