Bad Movie Logo
"A website to the detriment of good film"
Custom Search
HOMEB-MOVIE REVIEWSREADER REVIEWSFORUMINTERVIEWSUPDATESABOUT
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
April 27, 2024, 02:59:10 PM
714453 Posts in 53097 Topics by 7742 Members
Latest Member: KathleneKa
Badmovies.org Forum  |  Other Topics  |  Off Topic Discussion  |  Weird News Stories  |  Musk is selling off a bunch of Twitter's really cool stuff « previous next »
Pages: [1]
Author Topic: Musk is selling off a bunch of Twitter's really cool stuff  (Read 3085 times)
LilCerberus
A Very Bad Person, overweight bald guy with a missing tooth, and
Frightening Fanatic of Horrible Cinema

Quis custodiet ipsos custodes?

« on: December 12, 2022, 10:36:50 PM »

Members of the public will have an opportunity to rob the graveyard of old Twitter as dismissed employees’ once-beloved espresso machines and lounge chairs are put up for auction.
https://www.dailywire.com/news/twitter-is-auctioning-off-espresso-machines-lounge-chairs-other-employee-toys-heres-what-else-is-for-sale?utm_source=facebook&utm_medium=social&utm_campaign=benshapiro&fbclid=IwAR1zs6jD3VjGOeAQqTi6VHbiK9d6A3IYRiWvbQDtgaHk8mkHKbhQzz5vkj0

Seriously, this stuff is, like, super "I wish" level!
https://www.hgpauction.com/auctions/114234/twitter/

"Science Fiction & Nostalgia have become the same thing!" - T Bone Burnett
The world runs off money, even for those with a warped sense of what the world is.
claws

Occidentali's Karma

« Reply #1 on: December 15, 2022, 06:52:27 AM »

I assume the 2nd richest man in the world needs money since he can't pay rent. How crazy is that?

https://www.cnbc.com/2022/12/13/twitter-reportedly-hasnt-paid-rent-on-its-office-spaces-for-weeks.html
« Last Edit: December 15, 2022, 07:29:13 AM by claws » Logged

Is it October yet?
LilCerberus

« Reply #2 on: December 15, 2022, 02:05:43 PM »

Maybe he's thinking of moving the headquarters...

Besides he tried to back out when Jack Dorsey refused to turn over critical information in regards to the company, but a judge made him follow through with the deal...

After the deal, musk discovered a HUGE ball of fat that needed a helluva lot of trimming!
Just look at some of the overpriced crap on HP Auction's web page...
Free wine on tap? Gimme a break!

The world runs off money, even for those with a warped sense of what the world is.
Trevor
Uncle Zombie and Eminent Shitologist
B-Movie Kraken

« Reply #3 on: December 15, 2022, 02:21:51 PM »

He's South African and he tried once to sell off a pile of my old undies : no sale 😳😳😳

I know I can make it on my own if I try, but I'm searching for the Great Heart
To stand me by, underneath the African sky
A Great Heart to stand me by.
LilCerberus

« Reply #4 on: December 15, 2022, 02:37:47 PM »

He's South African and he tried once to sell off a pile of my old undies : no sale 😳😳😳
TeddyR TeddyR TeddyR

Morpheus, the unwoke.
Bad Movie Lover

I am a Bill Maher Democrat. Deal with it.

« Reply #5 on: December 15, 2022, 11:30:25 PM »

Well Musk is a good salesman if nothing else. He sure got a good price for his soul, human decency, etc.

They will come back, come back again, As long as the red earth rolls. He never wasted a leaf or a tree. Do you think he would squander souls?” ― Ruyard Kipling

We all come from the goddess and to her we shall return, like a drop of rain flowing to the ocean.
ralfy
Bad Movie Lover

« Reply #6 on: December 16, 2022, 08:49:23 PM »

It's fascinating to see what they were wasting on. I also heard that employees were paid something like $160k a year for not doing much, and that when many of them were fired, the platform was still operating fine.
chainsaw midget

« Reply #7 on: December 22, 2022, 01:06:53 PM »

It's fascinating to see what they were wasting on. I also heard that employees were paid something like $160k a year for not doing much, and that when many of them were fired, the platform was still operating fine.

Operating fine might be misleading.  Right now it works, but there are a lot of things that the people left at Twitter don't have access to or do know how to fix anymore. 

Imagine there were no more mechanics in the world.  That doesn't mean your car will break down the next day but when it does ...
LilCerberus

« Reply #8 on: December 22, 2022, 01:15:44 PM »

Latest twitter dump by musk says the FBI was paying for it...

ralfy
Bad Movie Lover

« Reply #9 on: December 22, 2022, 09:09:06 PM »

Operating fine might be misleading.  Right now it works, but there are a lot of things that the people left at Twitter don't have access to or do know how to fix anymore. 

Imagine there were no more mechanics in the world.  That doesn't mean your car will break down the next day but when it does ...

Can you share more details? I read that there was a temporary slowdown around two weeks ago, but everything is fast now. Musk referred to old code affecting one feature. Beyond that, he's including more improvements, like encrypted DMs, multi-tiered checkmarks, and removing 'bots.

Finally, he pointed out recently that the platform was something like $3 billion in the hole before he came in, and he had to make drastic cuts in costs to save the company. That mighte explain the expensive gym and kitchen equipment from HQ that they auctioned off.

But it seems that he's more of a tech guy, which is why he wants someone else to work as CEO while he works with the software and server teams.
ralfy
Bad Movie Lover

« Reply #10 on: December 22, 2022, 09:10:20 PM »

Latest twitter dump by musk says the FBI was paying for it...

I read about that, too. I think they're in Part 8 now. Media outlets are trying their best to ignore them but the FBI has just spoken up, claiming that they were trying to "protect" the company.

LilCerberus

« Reply #11 on: December 22, 2022, 10:22:18 PM »

A guy who's been subbing for Glen Beck this week says what Musk really needs is an editor....
And I can't remember the guy's name, but kept asking listeners to suggest him as Musk's replacement....

Pages: [1]
Badmovies.org Forum  |  Other Topics  |  Off Topic Discussion  |  Weird News Stories  |  Musk is selling off a bunch of Twitter's really cool stuff « previous next »
    Jump to:  

RSS Feed Subscribe Subscribe by RSS
    Email Subscribe Subscribe by Email

Popular Articles
    How To Find A Bad Movie

The Champions of Justice

Plan 9 from Outer Space

Manos, The Hands of Fate

Podcast: Todd the Convenience Store Clerk

Faster, Pussycat! Kill! Kill!

Dragonball: The Magic Begins

Cool As Ice

The Educational Archives: Driver's Ed

Godzilla vs. Monster Zero

Do you have a zombie plan?

FROM THE BADMOVIES.ORG ARCHIVES
    ImageThe Giant Claw - Slime drop

Earth is visited by a GIANT ANTIMATTER SPACE BUZZARD! Gawk at the amazingly bad bird puppet, or chuckle over the silly dialog. This is one of the greatest b-movies ever made.

Lesson Learned:
    • Osmosis: os·mo·sis (oz-mo'sis, os-) n., 1. When a bird eats something.

Subscribe to Badmovies.org and get updates by email:

HOME B-Movie Reviews Reader Reviews Forum Interviews TV Shows Advertising Information Sideshows Links Contact

Badmovies.org is owned and operated by Andrew Borntreger. All original content is © 1998 - 2014 by its respective author(s). Image, video, and audio files are used in accordance with the Fair Use Law, and are property of the film copyright holders. You may freely link to any page (.html or .php) on this website, but reproduction in any other form must be authorized by the copyright holder.