Bad Movie Logo
"A website to the detriment of good film"
Custom Search
HOMEB-MOVIE REVIEWSREADER REVIEWSFORUMINTERVIEWSUPDATESABOUT
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
April 19, 2024, 01:45:44 PM
714237 Posts in 53092 Topics by 7736 Members
Latest Member: ShayneGree
Badmovies.org Forum  |  Movies  |  Bad Movies  |  Steven Seagal: 3 golden rules « previous next »
Pages: [1] 2 3
Author Topic: Steven Seagal: 3 golden rules  (Read 4758 times)
zombie no.one
Frightening Fanatic of Horrible Cinema

Oookaay...

« on: May 09, 2023, 09:37:47 PM »

I've recently gone back and watched all of Steven Seagal's early films (most of which I'd seen, others like OUT FOR JUSTICE and ON DEADLY GROUND which I hadn't), and I'm left wondering if he must've had the following 3 rules written into his contract, which may have looked like this:

(1) BAD GUY SELF-OWNAGE
 During any mass brawl, Seagal will manage to somehow make bad guys either hurt themselves, or hurt each other by mistake. Seagal makes the bad guys do half the work for him

(2) CAN'T SHOOT, WON'T SHOOT
 In any one-on-one stand off involving Seagal and a bad guy, if the bad guy decides to pull a gun on Seagal they will instantly be hit with total brain-freeze, leaving them incapable of functioning on any level, nevermind pulling the trigger... Seagal will then calmly walk up and disarm them. (this rule must also happen multiple times per film)

(3) STRANGER IN TOWN
Bad guys and Seagal's fellow good guys alike must have absolutely no idea where he's come from, and must gossip to each other in hushed tones about what a mysterious badass he is.

If I notice any other rules I may add them but these stick out... Smile
« Last Edit: May 09, 2023, 09:40:23 PM by zombie no.one » Logged

The Mandela Effect is a Mandela Effect
Trevor
Uncle Zombie and Eminent Shitologist
B-Movie Kraken

« Reply #1 on: May 10, 2023, 01:54:04 AM »

He made Mercenary For Justice here and I talked with one of his fellow actors in that: he told me that Seagal needed a stunt double to throw a punch in one scene.  Buggedout

Fourth golden rule: invent a new martial arts style like slappee snotee every time you face a new opponent.  Wink
« Last Edit: May 10, 2023, 02:49:09 AM by Trevor » Logged

I know I can make it on my own if I try, but I'm searching for the Great Heart
To stand me by, underneath the African sky
A Great Heart to stand me by.
zombie no.one

Oookaay...

« Reply #2 on: May 10, 2023, 06:27:19 AM »

He made Mercenary For Justice here and I talked with one of his fellow actors in that: he told me that Seagal needed a stunt double to throw a punch in one scene.  Buggedout

Fourth golden rule: invent a new martial arts style like slappee snotee every time you face a new opponent.  Wink

Haha, some of his ‘moves’ do actually look like something I last saw in my primary school playground

Trevor
B-Movie Kraken

« Reply #3 on: May 10, 2023, 07:33:16 AM »

Haha, some of his ‘moves’ do actually look like something I last saw in my primary school playground

TeddyR TeddyR

The bathroom assault scene in that film is hilarious: the person with the pistol is the actor who told me about SS needing a stunt double. Just by the way, the word 'poophole' means 'a-hole'  Buggedout Wink Wink

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=tg_oKnEmd1w

zombie no.one

Oookaay...

« Reply #4 on: May 10, 2023, 10:21:38 AM »

The bathroom assault scene in that film is hilarious: the person with the pistol is the actor who told me about SS needing a stunt double. Just by the way, the word 'poophole' means 'a-hole'  Buggedout Wink Wink

There you go, Rule (2) in that very clip. Gun pulled on Seagal on a one-on-one, but for whatever reason bad guy is incapable of pulling the trigger, then Seagal disarms him :)

Very cool that you have a Seagal anecdote!

LilCerberus
A Very Bad Person, overweight bald guy with a missing tooth, and

Quis custodiet ipsos custodes?

« Reply #5 on: May 10, 2023, 10:34:48 AM »

He made Mercenary For Justice here and I talked with one of his fellow actors in that: he told me that Seagal needed a stunt double to throw a punch in one scene.  Buggedout

Fourth golden rule: invent a new martial arts style like slappee snotee every time you face a new opponent.  Wink

TeddyR TeddyR

The bathroom assault scene in that film is hilarious: the person with the pistol is the actor who told me about SS needing a stunt double. Just by the way, the word 'poophole' means 'a-hole'  Buggedout Wink Wink

Fake Urinals?

"Science Fiction & Nostalgia have become the same thing!" - T Bone Burnett
The world runs off money, even for those with a warped sense of what the world is.
Trevor
B-Movie Kraken

« Reply #6 on: May 10, 2023, 11:04:27 AM »

Fake Urinals?

Indeed: the producers of that were chased out of SA by a long line of angry creditors back in the 1990s: they skimped on everything like paying their casts and crews and paying for set design.  Buggedout

Trevor
B-Movie Kraken

« Reply #7 on: May 10, 2023, 11:05:46 AM »

Very cool that you have a Seagal anecdote!

Thanks: mine's not as good as the one about him going poopie in his pants but it will do.  Buggedout Wink Wink

chainsaw midget

« Reply #8 on: May 10, 2023, 01:35:00 PM »

5th rule.  Seagal can't be hurt and doesn't fight anyone tougher than he is. 

I watched a video examining different movie fight styles, (which I can't find now) and they pointed out something interesting about Seagal. 

He doesn't get outmatched and he doesn't get hurt.  When he fights somebody, he kicks their ass easily.

Most action heroes will get slapped around for a while, get the crap kicked out of them by a superior opponent, and then come back for the win.  Not Stevie. 
zombie no.one

Oookaay...

« Reply #9 on: May 10, 2023, 03:39:11 PM »

^ true... there's never really any 'fighting', it's just the Stevie show. dispenses of any opponent with ease. this didn't even occur to me

Alex
B-Movie Kraken

« Reply #10 on: May 10, 2023, 04:19:48 PM »

I thought that the biggest weakness of Under Siege is that Tommy Lee Jones doesn't land a single hit on Seagal. Kind of makes him a weak villain and not really a threat.

But do you understand That none of this will matter Nothing can take your pain away
Trevor
B-Movie Kraken

« Reply #11 on: May 10, 2023, 04:21:55 PM »

I thought that the biggest weakness of Under Siege is that Tommy Lee Jones doesn't land a single hit on Seagal. Kind of makes him a weak villain and not really a threat.

Same with Eric Bogosian in Under Siege 2.

RCMerchant
Bela
B-Movie Kraken

"Charlie,we're in HELL!"-"yeah,ain't it groovy?!"

« Reply #12 on: May 10, 2023, 04:34:23 PM »

I never cared for the shmuck.
Hell, even Chuck Norris got his ass kicked- and killed; of course it was Bruce Lee, but still!

« Last Edit: May 10, 2023, 04:40:58 PM by RCMerchant » Logged

"Supernatural?...perhaps. Baloney?...Perhaps not!" Bela Lugosi-the BLACK CAT (1934)
Interviewer-"Does Dracula ever end for you?
Lugosi-"No. Dracula-never ends."

Slobber, Drool, Drip!
https://www.tumblr.com/ronmerchant
Alex
B-Movie Kraken

« Reply #13 on: May 10, 2023, 04:46:10 PM »

My boss was seriously into martial arts and competes at a reasonably high level. He said Norris and Seagal did have a match, but they did it in private with no witnesses and they've never told anyone who won.

But do you understand That none of this will matter Nothing can take your pain away
RCMerchant
Bela
B-Movie Kraken

"Charlie,we're in HELL!"-"yeah,ain't it groovy?!"

« Reply #14 on: May 10, 2023, 04:47:40 PM »

^ Bet Norris beat his ass. Because he can actually fight.

"Supernatural?...perhaps. Baloney?...Perhaps not!" Bela Lugosi-the BLACK CAT (1934)
Interviewer-"Does Dracula ever end for you?
Lugosi-"No. Dracula-never ends."

Slobber, Drool, Drip!
https://www.tumblr.com/ronmerchant
Pages: [1] 2 3
Badmovies.org Forum  |  Movies  |  Bad Movies  |  Steven Seagal: 3 golden rules « previous next »
    Jump to:  

RSS Feed Subscribe Subscribe by RSS
    Email Subscribe Subscribe by Email

Popular Articles
    How To Find A Bad Movie

The Champions of Justice

Plan 9 from Outer Space

Manos, The Hands of Fate

Podcast: Todd the Convenience Store Clerk

Faster, Pussycat! Kill! Kill!

Dragonball: The Magic Begins

Cool As Ice

The Educational Archives: Driver's Ed

Godzilla vs. Monster Zero

Do you have a zombie plan?

FROM THE BADMOVIES.ORG ARCHIVES
    ImageThe Giant Claw - Slime drop

Earth is visited by a GIANT ANTIMATTER SPACE BUZZARD! Gawk at the amazingly bad bird puppet, or chuckle over the silly dialog. This is one of the greatest b-movies ever made.

Lesson Learned:
    • Osmosis: os·mo·sis (oz-mo'sis, os-) n., 1. When a bird eats something.

Subscribe to Badmovies.org and get updates by email:

HOME B-Movie Reviews Reader Reviews Forum Interviews TV Shows Advertising Information Sideshows Links Contact

Badmovies.org is owned and operated by Andrew Borntreger. All original content is © 1998 - 2014 by its respective author(s). Image, video, and audio files are used in accordance with the Fair Use Law, and are property of the film copyright holders. You may freely link to any page (.html or .php) on this website, but reproduction in any other form must be authorized by the copyright holder.