Bad Movie Logo
"A website to the detriment of good film"
Custom Search
HOMEB-MOVIE REVIEWSREADER REVIEWSFORUMINTERVIEWSUPDATESABOUT
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
April 29, 2024, 10:55:23 AM
714526 Posts in 53098 Topics by 7744 Members
Latest Member: MichelFran
Badmovies.org Forum  |  Other Topics  |  Off Topic Discussion  |  Puberty blockers « previous next »
Pages: 1 [2]
Author Topic: Puberty blockers  (Read 2741 times)
indianasmith
Archeologist, Theologian, Elder Scrolls Addict, and a
B-Movie Kraken

A good bad movie is like popcorn for the soul!

« Reply #15 on: July 09, 2023, 05:43:30 PM »

I don't like the whole trans thing and I will NEVER understand it.
BUT - that's no excuse not to be a decent human being.  One thing I do know is that trans kids who are not affirmed in their choices have a VERY high suicide rate.  I may wish my nephew was still my niece, but I will take a live nephew over a dead niece ANY DAY.
Just - be kind.  That's my approach to life these days.

"I shall smite you in the nostrils with a rod of iron, and wax your spleen with Efferdent!!"
RCMerchant
Bela
B-Movie Kraken

"Charlie,we're in HELL!"-"yeah,ain't it groovy?!"

« Reply #16 on: July 09, 2023, 06:49:05 PM »

Trans. If adults- do whatever you want. Kids- that's just stupid for people to think that  a kid could get such a procedure. It don't happen. It's political propaganda.
« Last Edit: July 09, 2023, 06:53:20 PM by RCMerchant » Logged

"Supernatural?...perhaps. Baloney?...Perhaps not!" Bela Lugosi-the BLACK CAT (1934)
Interviewer-"Does Dracula ever end for you?
Lugosi-"No. Dracula-never ends."

Slobber, Drool, Drip!
https://www.tumblr.com/ronmerchant
chefzombie
zombie chef to the stars
Frightening Fanatic of Horrible Cinema

« Reply #17 on: July 09, 2023, 07:05:05 PM »

Trans. If adults- do whatever you want. Kids- that's just stupid for people to think that  a kid could get such a procedure. It don't happen. It's political propaganda.

THANK YOU! i fight this battle all the time on chatboards trying to make people understand that the videos and articles they find are flat out bulls**t. even when i prove it's bulls**t, they still believe it because of their irrational hatred. it's fear based, and nobody is protecting a kid by taking them away from their parents who are getting them medical care, or making laws that prevent gender affirming care. like indi said, kids are dying by suicide because of this irrational fear and hatred.
   and this extends to drag queens too, being accused of " grooming", and teachers too. i have several friends who have had their lives threatened for reading at story hour, or for being trans and raising their own frickin children! and ron desantis is now destroying the state of florida with his stupid hatred, racism, bigotry and other words i won't use here. so far this year, florida has lost at least a dozen MAJOR conventions because of desantis's laws, hotels and restaurants as well as retail are losing millions because of the prevailing attitude towards anyone who isn't living in the damned 40's.
   sorry about the diatribe, but i'm watching MY friends and families leave their multidecade homes in florida because of this. that is the REAL sickness.

don't EVEN...EVER!
lester1/2jr
B-Movie Kraken

« Reply #18 on: July 10, 2023, 01:22:53 AM »

There is a backlash forming against teaching this stuff in schools.

Also...I had a friend in college circa late 90's who chopped her balls and eventually her dick off. This was before trans was a thing and she wasn't crazy or anything like that.
ralfy
Bad Movie Lover

« Reply #19 on: July 10, 2023, 03:18:13 AM »

It's part of late capitalism, where prosperity leads to more demands for individual freedom and relativism. Hence, increasing support for same-sex marriage in the states, teaching the view that there are dozens of genders even to kindergarten students, and so on.

Alex
B-Movie Kraken

« Reply #20 on: July 10, 2023, 03:26:16 AM »

Historically, there have been several cultures that have recognised multiple genders. A few of them are mentioned here: https://www.britannica.com/list/6-cultures-that-recognize-more-than-two-genders

If it isn't something you've been through personally, then what frame of reference can anyone else possibly have to judge what these people are going through? I have a nephew (originally my niece) who at 10 years old told his parents that he thought he should be male. Waited until his late teens/early 20s to start transitioning and is now quite happily living life as a man. He's just finished his degree at Aberdeen uni and is going on to study for the next level.

I'll be quite honest that I don't understand what he's went through, but that doesn't mean I can't support him.

Maybe the only relevant question is, where the passengers good people?
« Last Edit: July 10, 2023, 06:24:20 AM by Alex » Logged

But do you understand That none of this will matter Nothing can take your pain away
ER
B-Movie Kraken

The sleep of reasoner breeds monsters. (sic)

« Reply #21 on: July 13, 2023, 03:26:15 PM »

Starvation also blocks puberty. Helpful hint there.

What does not kill me makes me stranger.
RCMerchant
Bela
B-Movie Kraken

« Reply #22 on: July 13, 2023, 05:22:50 PM »

^ So does thyroid diasese. In my case. All my brothers grew tall. I did not. That's ok- because it made me mad at everything and caring about little. It also, I like to think, made me an artist (of sorts Lookingup). Mad people sit and brood and do drugs and read weird books. It kept me mind alive!  Thumbup

"Supernatural?...perhaps. Baloney?...Perhaps not!" Bela Lugosi-the BLACK CAT (1934)

Slobber, Drool, Drip!
ralfy
Bad Movie Lover

« Reply #23 on: July 13, 2023, 10:46:39 PM »

I think those cultures refer to male, female, or intesex (male and female organs). For current views, there are more, like having no gender.

The basis of this is the argument that gender is a construct, and one of the sources for that is John Money:

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/John_Money

Derrick Jensen gives more references here:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=n-NseFg2kno

RCMerchant
Bela
B-Movie Kraken

« Reply #24 on: July 13, 2023, 11:57:14 PM »

Why does anyone give more f**ks about this than the question that the Republican party thinks that this "culture war" is more important than healthcare, veterans care, gun violence, and home grown terrorism?
I can tell you why- because they have NO plans on those subjects. Go after faggots!
Makes me sick. I aint seen too many drag queens going out shooting up a nightclub.
Makes me sick.
"Protect our children". What a joke.

Slobber, Drool, Drip!
chefzombie
zombie chef to the stars

« Reply #25 on: July 14, 2023, 02:39:19 AM »

Starvation also blocks puberty. Helpful hint there.

and anorexia is a serious illness. it has nothing to do with gender affirming care at all.

don't EVEN...EVER!
chefzombie
zombie chef to the stars

« Reply #26 on: July 14, 2023, 02:43:01 AM »

Why does anyone give more f**ks about this than the question that the Republican party thinks that this "culture war" is more important than healthcare, veterans care, gun violence, and home grown terrorism?
I can tell you why- because they have NO plans on those subjects. Go after faggots!
Makes me sick. I aint seen too many drag queens going out shooting up a nightclub.
Makes me sick.
"Protect our children". What a joke.

thank you, ron. it's all about control, and the way to get that is to vilify the people you want to control. the same thing is happening to women, AGAIN , with people blaming women  as the ONLY person responsible for an unwanted pregnancy, so her PUNISHMENT for liking sex is being forced to have a baby that could kill her.

don't EVEN...EVER!
RCMerchant
Bela
B-Movie Kraken

« Reply #27 on: July 14, 2023, 04:30:50 AM »

^ Chef- as far as abortion goes, I wouldn't do it. Mostly, because I'm not a woman.
 But I got a girl pregnant when I was 30. I had nothing. A s**t job. A drunk. But I was dam sure gonna take responsibility for that unborn child.
But to vilify women who choose that option- that's evil. It's her body! If you didn't put your dick in her- she wouldn't have this life changing decision to make! So men making laws- (and these laws are made by old white men- oh yeah- and Clarence Thomas  Lookingup) stifle- and OULTLAW! the rights of these people. It's bulls**t.

Slobber, Drool, Drip!
chefzombie
zombie chef to the stars

« Reply #28 on: July 15, 2023, 03:51:49 AM »

^ Chef- as far as abortion goes, I wouldn't do it. Mostly, because I'm not a woman.
 But I got a girl pregnant when I was 30. I had nothing. A s**t job. A drunk. But I was dam sure gonna take responsibility for that unborn child.
But to vilify women who choose that option- that's evil. It's her body! If you didn't put your dick in her- she wouldn't have this life changing decision to make! So men making laws- (and these laws are made by old white men- oh yeah- and Clarence Thomas  Lookingup) stifle- and OULTLAW! the rights of these people. It's bulls**t.

thank you, my friend, for understanding our point of view, AND for being willing to step up. and for knowing that this bulls**t IS outrageous!

don't EVEN...EVER!
Pages: 1 [2]
Badmovies.org Forum  |  Other Topics  |  Off Topic Discussion  |  Puberty blockers « previous next »
    Jump to:  

RSS Feed Subscribe Subscribe by RSS
    Email Subscribe Subscribe by Email

Popular Articles
    How To Find A Bad Movie

The Champions of Justice

Plan 9 from Outer Space

Manos, The Hands of Fate

Podcast: Todd the Convenience Store Clerk

Faster, Pussycat! Kill! Kill!

Dragonball: The Magic Begins

Cool As Ice

The Educational Archives: Driver's Ed

Godzilla vs. Monster Zero

Do you have a zombie plan?

FROM THE BADMOVIES.ORG ARCHIVES
    ImageThe Giant Claw - Slime drop

Earth is visited by a GIANT ANTIMATTER SPACE BUZZARD! Gawk at the amazingly bad bird puppet, or chuckle over the silly dialog. This is one of the greatest b-movies ever made.

Lesson Learned:
    • Osmosis: os·mo·sis (oz-mo'sis, os-) n., 1. When a bird eats something.

Subscribe to Badmovies.org and get updates by email:

HOME B-Movie Reviews Reader Reviews Forum Interviews TV Shows Advertising Information Sideshows Links Contact

Badmovies.org is owned and operated by Andrew Borntreger. All original content is © 1998 - 2014 by its respective author(s). Image, video, and audio files are used in accordance with the Fair Use Law, and are property of the film copyright holders. You may freely link to any page (.html or .php) on this website, but reproduction in any other form must be authorized by the copyright holder.