Bad Movie Logo
"A website to the detriment of good film"
Custom Search
HOMEB-MOVIE REVIEWSREADER REVIEWSFORUMINTERVIEWSUPDATESABOUT
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
April 27, 2024, 09:10:41 AM
714435 Posts in 53097 Topics by 7742 Members
Latest Member: KathleneKa
Badmovies.org Forum  |  Movies  |  Press Releases and Film News  |  Ghoulies 2 motion picture soundtrack recovered, now released « previous next »
Pages: [1]
Author Topic: Ghoulies 2 motion picture soundtrack recovered, now released  (Read 1513 times)
lester1/2jr
B-Movie Kraken

« on: September 05, 2023, 03:36:10 PM »

https://www.instagram.com/p/Cwz1Pbius3d/

forcedexposure2's profile picture
Forthcoming LP via WRWTFWW RECORDS

FUZZBEE MORSE
Ghoulies II (Original Soundtrack)

“WRWTFWW Records is announces the first ever release of the long-lost original motion picture soundtrack from the 1988 cult horror comedy sensation Ghoulies II by the incomparable Fuzzbee Morse. Digging deep to uncover a true gem of the VHS era, this limited-edition vinyl release (500 copies worldwide) marks history in the making as a piece of film score lore is resurrected from the depths of oblivion. The LP is packed with 39 tracks and features an exclusive artwork by French illustrator Pierre Thyss, as well an obi and composer notes. The captivating melodies that once played hauntingly in the background of Ghoulies II were long believed to be lost forever. It took over 30 years and Fuzzbee Morse's unwavering determination to dig out the legendary recordings -- and restore them for full audio pleasure! The superb soundscape of Ghoulies II perfectly captures the chilling and wacky essence of the cult movie, as well as its creepy carnival setting. Morse, citing influences such as Bernard Hermann, Frank Zappa, and Igor Stravinsky, flexes his multi-instrumentalist skills, flowing with ease between magical fairground elements (with brilliant use of calliope, tuba, flutes and sparkly sounding synthesizers), ...
zombie no.one
Frightening Fanatic of Horrible Cinema

Oookaay...

« Reply #1 on: September 05, 2023, 03:53:23 PM »

vinyl only? if they did a CD release I might be interested, based on kitch value alone

GHOULIES 4 is up there with some of the most wtf bad movies ever, and is my go-to favourite of the bunch, but 2 is decent enough

3 sucks, as does the first one (imo)

The Mandela Effect is a Mandela Effect
lester1/2jr
B-Movie Kraken

« Reply #2 on: September 06, 2023, 01:13:30 AM »

I'm watching 2 tonight.
claws

Occidentali's Karma

« Reply #3 on: September 06, 2023, 03:02:49 AM »

the 1988 cult horror comedy sensation Ghoulies II

Something tells me they've never seen Ghoulies II.

The German blu-ray contains the R-Rated version. The U.S. the PG-13 version, for those interested.

The fact that there will be vinyl only sounds kind of fishy:

a. They don't own the rights for a digital (CD) release.
b. They pulled the tracks from an alternative, lesser quality source (audio cassette etc). Lesser quality source sounds "good enough" on vinyl but not on CD.
c. They don't own release rights at all. This looks more like a pimped bootleg-ish thing anyway.
d. They own the rights and will do CD in a couple of years.

and yeah, vinyl is sh!t.
« Last Edit: September 06, 2023, 05:01:52 AM by claws » Logged

Is it October yet?
zombie no.one

Oookaay...

« Reply #4 on: September 06, 2023, 05:14:12 AM »

could be one of the reasons you stated, but also there are quite a few current boutique labels that release old 'rediscovered' stuff on vinyl only, and they are legit...

I don't really have anything against vinyl but I don't have a record player

The Mandela Effect is a Mandela Effect
claws

Occidentali's Karma

« Reply #5 on: September 06, 2023, 06:15:41 AM »

there are quite a few current boutique labels that release old 'rediscovered' stuff on vinyl only, and they are legit...

I'm not very familiar with music boutique labels at all. I know some film boutique labels have added bonus CDs with rare tracks to the DVD or blu-ray release.

Some supermarkets here sell record players occasionally. Twice the price as they used to cost back in the day.

Is it October yet?
lester1/2jr
B-Movie Kraken

« Reply #6 on: September 06, 2023, 03:47:23 PM »

https://www.npr.org/2023/03/10/1162568704/vinyl-outsells-cds-first-time-since-1987-records

There is a market for vinyl but not for CD's.

If something goes to CD it might as well go to spotify or something.
claws

Occidentali's Karma

« Reply #7 on: September 06, 2023, 05:47:44 PM »

Yeah, read that some time ago. I still think vinyl is sh!t though. It is said that Hipsters "brought back" vinyl.

My niece worked as a secretary for a German record player manufacturer in the late 2000s. One day they got an order from Brad Pitt, who was in Berlin filming Inglourious Basterds.
He and Angelina wanted some kind of special record player. It was priced €10,000,00 ($10,700,00). The boss of the company himself delivered the player to Pitt.

Is it October yet?
lester1/2jr
B-Movie Kraken

« Reply #8 on: September 06, 2023, 11:19:37 PM »

In the era between vinyl and CD they made a lot of crappy record players. The ones they make now are like infinitely better.

The record co is pretty odd. They even have cassette only releases including this one for https://wereleasewhateverthef**kwewantrecords.bandcamp.com/album/psychos-in-love-original-soundtrack-the-cassette some movie I've never heard of

edit: Well so much for that. It was something called "Psychos in love" that I now want to see
« Last Edit: September 06, 2023, 11:31:48 PM by lester1/2jr » Logged
Pages: [1]
Badmovies.org Forum  |  Movies  |  Press Releases and Film News  |  Ghoulies 2 motion picture soundtrack recovered, now released « previous next »
    Jump to:  

RSS Feed Subscribe Subscribe by RSS
    Email Subscribe Subscribe by Email

Popular Articles
    How To Find A Bad Movie

The Champions of Justice

Plan 9 from Outer Space

Manos, The Hands of Fate

Podcast: Todd the Convenience Store Clerk

Faster, Pussycat! Kill! Kill!

Dragonball: The Magic Begins

Cool As Ice

The Educational Archives: Driver's Ed

Godzilla vs. Monster Zero

Do you have a zombie plan?

FROM THE BADMOVIES.ORG ARCHIVES
    ImageThe Giant Claw - Slime drop

Earth is visited by a GIANT ANTIMATTER SPACE BUZZARD! Gawk at the amazingly bad bird puppet, or chuckle over the silly dialog. This is one of the greatest b-movies ever made.

Lesson Learned:
    • Osmosis: os·mo·sis (oz-mo'sis, os-) n., 1. When a bird eats something.

Subscribe to Badmovies.org and get updates by email:

HOME B-Movie Reviews Reader Reviews Forum Interviews TV Shows Advertising Information Sideshows Links Contact

Badmovies.org is owned and operated by Andrew Borntreger. All original content is © 1998 - 2014 by its respective author(s). Image, video, and audio files are used in accordance with the Fair Use Law, and are property of the film copyright holders. You may freely link to any page (.html or .php) on this website, but reproduction in any other form must be authorized by the copyright holder.