Main Menu

Celebrities that live close to you

Started by claws, July 08, 2024, 01:54:26 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

claws

Elke Sommer

She lives about 18 miles from me. Elke spends winters in L.A., and her summers in Germany (May - October). She always makes local news when she arrives for the summer.

Any celebrities living near you?
Is it October yet?

Alex

Joanna Lumley has a house in Lossiemouth and stays here regularly, although I can't say I've spotted her (or maybe I have and just not recognised her).
I'll show you ruin
I'll show you heartbreak
I'll show you lonely
A sorrow in darkness

RCMerchant

Charlie Maxwell, a major league baseball player in the 50's and 60's, was from Lawton. He's 94 now and lives in the next town over- Paw Paw. I dated his niece in High School.
Yeah- whoopie doo, right?
Oh! Edger Bergen (aka and Charlie McCarthy) is from Decatur- which is about 10 miies from me.
They got a diner- HARD TIMES- that has an Edgar Bergen shrine in it.
Of course he don't live their now- he's dead.

Verne Troyer (aka Mini-Me) is from Kalamazoo, about 20 miles from here. I went to rehab with him! Nice guy. Lousy ping pong player. Of course, he's dead now too.
Supernatural?...perhaps. Baloney?...Perhaps not!" Bela Lugosi-the BLACK CAT (1934)
Interviewer-"Does Dracula ever end for you?
Lugosi-"No. Dracula-never ends."
Slobber, Drool, Drip!
https://www.tumblr.com/ronmerchant

claws

Bea Fiedler

Former German Playmate centerfold turned 'actress.' Her more known movies are

Private Popsicle (1982)
Baby Love (1983)
Up Your Anchor (1985)
Hot Chili (1985)
Dracula Blows His Cool (1979)

She was usually cast for nude scenes.

Bea lives about 15 miles away. She shops at a supermarket where my sister works. Bea used to own a restaurant on Ibiza in the 1980s, but lives off Citizen's allowance now.

She calls my sister 'darling' and they always have a small chat. My sister got me a picture with her autograph a few years ago. I do like her in the German cult movie Macho Man (1985).
Is it October yet?

Trevor

Quote from: claws on July 08, 2024, 01:54:26 AMElke Sommer

She lives about 18 miles from me. Elke spends winters in L.A., and her summers in Germany (May - October). She always makes local news when she arrives for the summer.

Any celebrities living near you?

I remember the movie she made here called NO ONE CRIES FOREVER, a hit in Europe.
We shall meet in the place where there is no darkness.

ER

Neil Armstrong used to...but he died.

Peter Frampton used to...but he moved.

Carson Palmer used to...but he stabbed the city in the back.

The guy who invented Play-Doh did...but now his ashes are in a Play-Doh can somewhere.

George Clooney did...but he spied greener pastures elsewhere.

Ted Turner and his mom....but she died and he went off to Atlanta.

The former Speaker of the House does....but if you notice I said "former" so he doesn't count anymore.

But---consolation prize---I'm still here!
  :-)
What does not kill me makes me stranger.

RCMerchant

Bo Bo Brazil lived in Paw Paw for awhile. He mostly lived in Benton Harbor (I went to rehab there once.)
David Naughton, from AMERICAN WEREWOLF IN LONDON, is from Paw Paw, which is about 5 miles from here.
Donald Leroy Evans, from Hartford (about 10 miles from me) is a serial killer.
Supernatural?...perhaps. Baloney?...Perhaps not!" Bela Lugosi-the BLACK CAT (1934)
Slobber, Drool, Drip!

bob

Mark Ruffalo lives in a city about 20 minutes from me.

Kubrick, Nolan, Tarantino, Wan, Iñárritu, Scorsese, Chaplin, Abrams, Wes Anderson, Gilliam, Kurosawa, Villeneuve - the elite

I believe in the international communist conspiracy to sap and impurify all of our precious bodily fluids.

Trevor

I used to live next door to the South African Police Commissioner and also the interpol chairman until he was jailed for corruption 😳
We shall meet in the place where there is no darkness.

RCMerchant

I don't know if this count, but I lived in Mastic, Shirley on L.I., and went to see the Amityville house! We went by car. Were we high and drunk. Way back in 1984.  So, yeah, I lived next to Jodi!
Slobber, Drool, Drip!

zombie no.one

Dave Prowse (aka Darth Vader) lived near where I grew up... he came a few times to our school, to give  talks on road safety (seriously).

https://youtu.be/CRUBMBi_lp4?si=p6N-ulHtH4eTIxd6
please do not mock my potato.