Bad Movie Logo
"A website to the detriment of good film"
Custom Search
HOMEB-MOVIE REVIEWSREADER REVIEWSFORUMINTERVIEWSUPDATESABOUT
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
April 28, 2024, 10:59:48 PM
714500 Posts in 53097 Topics by 7744 Members
Latest Member: MichelFran
Badmovies.org Forum  |  Movies  |  Bad Movies  |  Badmovies.org 2011 Worst Movie of the year nomination thread « previous next »
Pages: [1] 2
Author Topic: Badmovies.org 2011 Worst Movie of the year nomination thread  (Read 5681 times)
Rev. Powell
Global Moderator
B-Movie Kraken

Click on that globe for 366 Weird Movies

« on: December 18, 2011, 01:18:46 PM »

Here's how it works: you submit nominations for the WORST movie of 2011 in this thread (one only).  Next Sunday I will take all the nominations and put them into a poll, and the community will vote for the winner.

There's also a "Best Movie of 2011" nomination thread here: http://www.badmovies.org/forum/index.php/topic,136650.msg450172.html#msg450172

I actually did not see too many really bad movies this year.  I usually make it a point to watch/rent at least one major bomb but I never got around to it this year.  THE GREEN HORNET and SEASON OF THE WITCH were big disappointments but not spectacularly bad, just kind of "blah."  I saw an experimental horror film called THE OREGONIAN that didn't really work but it had a few moments, and again, it wasn't spectacularly bad.

I'm going to go with MEGA PYTHON VS. GATOROID as my worst movie of the year---even though I enjoyed parts of it (that is, the Tiffany/Debbie Gibson catfight).

What's your nomination?

I'll take you places the hand of man has not yet set foot...
claws
« Reply #1 on: December 18, 2011, 02:10:00 PM »

Technically Mega Python vs. Gatoroid was the "worst" but I had a good time watching. The cheese didn't suck like in Mega Shark vs Giant Octopus.

I even got a kick out of Drive Angry which actually improved on a second viewing.

So, no nomination from me.
bob
I survived Bucky Larson
Frightening Fanatic of Horrible Cinema

Torgo watches you masterbate!

« Reply #2 on: December 18, 2011, 02:13:27 PM »

Bucky Larson........trust me, I took one for the team so to speak watching this

it is one of the worst movies ever made, and it is extremely offensive

I just remembered that I never posted my review of this garbage

completely unfunny, offensive, nothing works except the bit in the commerciasl with Kevin Nielan giving Bucky grief about eating his grape....so naturally they used the joke more to the point where it was unfunny

Christina Ricci did gave a good performance

she is only person involved with this who didn't embarrass themselves who starred in this

this is s**t, complete and utter s**t

this is not only one of the worst comedy movies I've ever seen it is also one of the worst movies I have ever seen

Hatred Hatred Hatred Hatred Hatred
« Last Edit: December 18, 2011, 02:20:00 PM by bob » Logged

Kubrick, Nolan, Tarantino, Wan, Iñárritu, Scorsese, Chaplin, Abrams, Wes Anderson, Gilliam, Kurosawa - the elite

I believe in the international communist conspiracy to sap and impurify all of our precious bodily fluids.
Kaseykockroach
Cartoon Enthusiast and Muppet Fanatic
Bad Movie Lover

« Reply #3 on: December 19, 2011, 01:16:47 AM »

Transformers 3 made me lose any remaining faith in humanity.

Closetshipper.deviantart.com

"You wanna be a genius, it's easy. All you gotta say is, everything stinks. Then you're never wrong."
akiratubo

« Reply #4 on: December 19, 2011, 07:04:18 AM »

Transformers 3 was pretty bad.

Kneel before Dr. Hell, the ruler of this world!
indianasmith
Archeologist, Theologian, Elder Scrolls Addict, and a
B-Movie Kraken

A good bad movie is like popcorn for the soul!

« Reply #5 on: December 19, 2011, 09:59:33 AM »

I saw one - I think it was called THE VAULT - I posted a review of it on here, anyway.  It was TERRIBLE! A cop and a suspected terrorist locked in a cellar together, and they die.  Awful!!!!

"I shall smite you in the nostrils with a rod of iron, and wax your spleen with Efferdent!!"
InformationGeek
Leader of the Friends' for Info
B-Movie Site Webmaster

Let's all be Friends.

« Reply #6 on: December 19, 2011, 09:16:24 PM »

Hmmm, so many films to name... Hoodwinked 2; Jack and Jill; Beastly; Twilight 4.1; Big Mommas: Like Father, Like Son; Red Hiding Hood; Priest; Human Centipede 2; Shark Night 3D; New Year's Eve, Alvin and the Chimpmunks 3, Zookeeper, and Dylan Dog.

Well, I only saw Red Hiding Hood, but I will still be upset with myself if I didn't nominate Jack and Jill for me.  What an utter, complete piece of crap.  No viewing required!  Still think Bucky Larson is worse just from looking at it, but bob already nominated it.

Hey akirabuto!  Care to throw your support/hatred for Fred 2 like you did with the first film?  It's got your name on it!   TeddyR

Small | Large

We live in quite an interesting age. You can tell someone's sexual orientation and level of education from just their interests.
zombie no.one

Oookaay...

« Reply #7 on: December 19, 2011, 10:15:24 PM »

Mother's Day

apparently this was a remake of an 80s film, it really sucked, not in a good way either

The Mandela Effect is a Mandela Effect
Rev. Powell
Global Moderator
B-Movie Kraken

« Reply #8 on: December 21, 2011, 10:32:58 AM »

Nominees so far:

MEGA PYTHON VS. GATOROID
BUCKY LARSON
TRANSFORMERS: DARK OF THE MOON
THE VAULT
JACK AND JILL
MOTHER'S DAY

Still plenty of time to add nominees before we vote!

Kaseykockroach
Bad Movie Lover

« Reply #9 on: December 21, 2011, 12:58:19 PM »

There's also Drive, Alvin and the Chipmunks, and the Twilight movies.

"You wanna be a genius, it's easy. All you gotta say is, everything stinks. Then you're never wrong."
Rev. Powell
Global Moderator
B-Movie Kraken

« Reply #10 on: December 21, 2011, 01:11:43 PM »

There's also Drive, Alvin and the Chipmunks, and the Twilight movies.

Pick one.  Not DRIVE.  (Unless you meant DRIVE ANGRY).  Wink

Flick James

Honorary Bastard of Arts

« Reply #11 on: December 21, 2011, 02:06:00 PM »

Jack and Jill. I didn't even see it and already know it is in the top 10 worst for the year.

I don't always talk about bad movies, but when I do, I prefer badmovies.org
InformationGeek
B-Movie Site Webmaster

Let's all be Friends.

« Reply #12 on: December 21, 2011, 08:33:01 PM »

Jack and Jill. I didn't even see it and already know it is in the top 10 worst for the year.

I already gave it the nod.  Care to nominate Alvin and the Chimpmunks 3 as a consolation prize?

We live in quite an interesting age. You can tell someone's sexual orientation and level of education from just their interests.
Kaseykockroach
Bad Movie Lover

« Reply #13 on: December 21, 2011, 10:08:18 PM »

Calling Transformers 3 "worst movie of the year" is too nice, because that would imply it was actually a movie. And it's not.
Drive made me sad. If this is what passes for art these days, then I'm scared.

InformationGeek
B-Movie Site Webmaster

Let's all be Friends.

« Reply #14 on: December 21, 2011, 10:46:25 PM »

Drive made me sad. If this is what passes for art these days, then I'm scared.

Of course, to me, art is very subjective and everyone tends to have their own reaction to it.  Maybe people get it and maybe some don't.  People consider this art:

To me, it looks like something my cousins and me would have done if we on a major sugar rush when we were 7.  So prehaps I don't get it.  Maybe you don't get it either with Drive.

There's just somethings we may never get.  I'll never get why people think No Country for Old Men is one of the best films of the past decade when it screws up its climax and ending royally, destroying what would have been, well, an amazing film.

Pages: [1] 2
Badmovies.org Forum  |  Movies  |  Bad Movies  |  Badmovies.org 2011 Worst Movie of the year nomination thread « previous next »
    Jump to:  

RSS Feed Subscribe Subscribe by RSS
    Email Subscribe Subscribe by Email

Popular Articles
    How To Find A Bad Movie

The Champions of Justice

Plan 9 from Outer Space

Manos, The Hands of Fate

Podcast: Todd the Convenience Store Clerk

Faster, Pussycat! Kill! Kill!

Dragonball: The Magic Begins

Cool As Ice

The Educational Archives: Driver's Ed

Godzilla vs. Monster Zero

Do you have a zombie plan?

FROM THE BADMOVIES.ORG ARCHIVES
    ImageThe Giant Claw - Slime drop

Earth is visited by a GIANT ANTIMATTER SPACE BUZZARD! Gawk at the amazingly bad bird puppet, or chuckle over the silly dialog. This is one of the greatest b-movies ever made.

Lesson Learned:
    • Osmosis: os·mo·sis (oz-mo'sis, os-) n., 1. When a bird eats something.

Subscribe to Badmovies.org and get updates by email:

HOME B-Movie Reviews Reader Reviews Forum Interviews TV Shows Advertising Information Sideshows Links Contact

Badmovies.org is owned and operated by Andrew Borntreger. All original content is © 1998 - 2014 by its respective author(s). Image, video, and audio files are used in accordance with the Fair Use Law, and are property of the film copyright holders. You may freely link to any page (.html or .php) on this website, but reproduction in any other form must be authorized by the copyright holder.