Bad Movie Logo
"A website to the detriment of good film"
Custom Search
HOMEB-MOVIE REVIEWSREADER REVIEWSFORUMINTERVIEWSUPDATESABOUT
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
March 28, 2024, 08:48:45 AM
713331 Posts in 53056 Topics by 7725 Members
Latest Member: wibwao
Badmovies.org Forum  |  Other Topics  |  Entertainment  |  How to Survive a Zombie Attack « previous next »
Pages: 1 ... 3 4 [5] 6
Author Topic: How to Survive a Zombie Attack  (Read 98811 times)
dogmanmap
« Reply #60 on: July 17, 2008, 08:59:23 PM »

Ill be absolutely honest here, that's one of the most bizzare things Ive ever read, and I dont know what to say.
me personly im kinda crazy too about the zombie attack i all ready have a rifle, quick mix concrete, a truck, and a job at the airport
DARKBLOODSOUL
« Reply #61 on: October 14, 2008, 06:41:37 AM »

I think I'd be pretty good and prepared if a a Zombie invasion ever happened..
heres my list of things I would have.. ((and some I do have..))   like the guns and sword.. 

Weaponry:
M1911  .45 caliber handgun 
Thompson M-1 sub-machine gun
Mossberg 590 shotgun
Katana.
Metal baseball bat
Flat head shovel
Hatchet

Armor: 
Motorcycle protective gear
Its light enough to move around in and thick enough to stop bite attacks.
I know so cause I have all the gear head to toe

I recommend this for bite prof body armor
http://www.metricbikes-superstore.com/images/th_38554_4.jpg
http://www.metricbikes-superstore.com/images/smxbionicmesh.JPG
http://www.metricbikes-superstore.com/images/356708_red.jpg
http://www.metricbikes-superstore.com/images/07astars/th_TRACK-PANT-RED.jpg
http://www.metricbikes-superstore.com/images/2007_Alpinestars_Tech_3_Boot_Black_Red.jpg

Supplies:
2 rolls of duct tape
Zippo / lighter/ matches
First Aid Kit
CB Radio
Radio
Painkillers
Backpack
Extra Ammo
Blanket & Towel

Food:
Anything that is bottled and canned or  m.r.e's  No exceptions.

Useful abilities that I have:
marksmanship
basic Auto Repair
cooking
Lock picking
Hot wiring
Gas Siphoning
basic welding and construction
a bit of sewing
climbing

Mobility:
2007 Jeep Wrangler with a hard top..  with some kick ass armor plating all around it..  kind of death race stile..

Housing / Location:
Screw staying in one place for vary long..   I would keep moving around staying far from big towns as much as I can. a little sleep here a little sleep there. having 2 people doing look out duty
If need be to stay at a place for more thin a month it would be at a military base or military supply store 

People:
3 other people with me at the lest..    going solo is a bad idea..
Doggett
Bustin' makes me feel good !
Frightening Fanatic of Horrible Cinema

I've seen things you people couldn't imagine...

« Reply #62 on: January 13, 2009, 05:57:52 PM »

Sit on the roof. Zombies (unless provoked) are too lazy to look up Smile

If God exists, why did he make me an atheist? Thats His first mistake.
indianasmith
Archeologist, Theologian, Elder Scrolls Addict, and a
B-Movie Kraken

A good bad movie is like popcorn for the soul!

« Reply #63 on: January 13, 2009, 09:55:37 PM »

Several large sheets of thick plywood, some boxes of 3" wood screws, and a cordless drill with extra batteries . . . seal doors and windows in minutes!!

I live in a two story house with only one access to the upstairs.  Throw down the plywood, screw it in, and I am sealed from all zombie intrusions . . . with portable ladders to lower when I need to go forage for supplies!

"I shall smite you in the nostrils with a rod of iron, and wax your spleen with Efferdent!!"
Menelin
« Reply #64 on: February 20, 2009, 11:44:39 AM »

You've got great descriptions and ideas on your guide! I don't have alot of info to hand out and it's probably been discussed before, but this is what I came up with a while ago:

1: Don't just look for the movie-style baseball bat or bladed weapon to arm yourself if you don't have a projectile (although they are preferred). Keep in mind the fact that almost anything can be used as a weapon. See a wooden fence nearby? If you have a few seconds, tear a chunk of wood from it and go for the head. Removable shelves, medium-sized electronics, floor fans... If it's solid, has some weight and you can easily swing it without wearing yourself out easily, it can be used.

2: Bundle up, but not too much. Too little clothing, you're as easily accessed as popcorn chicken, but too much will make you as mobile and agile as a drunk man with his pants around his ankles. A couple layers of leather should do the trick. The stronger clothing you wear, the harder it will be for them to reach your skin when they bite or claw, giving you more chance if you do get caught in the shuffle. Adding lightweight gloves to the list might not be a bad idea as well. And It will probably make you look like a moron, but helmets can save your life in this situation for the same reason as thick clothing. Preferably, use full-headed motorbike helmets that usually have shatter-resistant visors (just make sure it isn't occupied by a beheaded owner first, just in case...).

3: It might be a good idea to wear a filtering mask of some sort, such as surgical masks, gas masks, or even a cloth. Whatever disease causes the zombification process may be airborne, plus it might help ease the stench if you're down-wind of a shambling of zombies, which may give you more focus on surviving.

4: Not every shambling body is a zombie. If you hack away at everyone you see, you may dismember someone who might have helped you, or you may even be mistaken for a crazed zombie if someone were to see you. On the flip side, freshly dead/infected zombies may be mistaken for living people, depending on lighting conditions, the way in which they were assimilated or possible lack of sleep (both theirs or your own). Who knows? They might have given up recently, gone stupid and gave themselves to a zombie or maybe bitten vampire-style in their sleep, thus having no defense wounds or numerous claw marks to make them look disfigured. Make sure they speak recognizable words (unless they're foreign Wink) before you sing your praises when you see a non-decomposed stranger.

5: The local supermarket such as Walmart or the like may be a good place for food supplies and maybe guns and ammo in the hunting supplies section, if there is one. Just be wary of zombies already there looking for a good bargain on human meat.
InformationGeek
Leader of the Friends' for Info
B-Movie Site Webmaster

Let's all be Friends.

« Reply #65 on: February 21, 2009, 12:11:18 PM »

Zombies, zombies!  The only survival guides I find are about zombies and most recently, vampires!  Come on people!  We need a survival guide against another threat!  Aliens!  There is a good chance that the exist and might want to kill us!  We need a real stragedy to fight against them!

Anyways, interesting survival guide for attacks against zombies.

We live in quite an interesting age. You can tell someone's sexual orientation and level of education from just their interests.
Andrew
Administrator

I know where my towel is.

« Reply #66 on: February 21, 2009, 12:16:54 PM »

Zombies, zombies!  The only survival guides I find are about zombies and most recently, vampires!  Come on people!  We need a survival guide against another threat!  Aliens!  There is a good chance that the exist and might want to kill us!  We need a real stragedy to fight against them!

I have a mostly-finished werewolf survival guide, and a roughed-out alien invasion survival guide.  Just need to get around to finishing them.

Andrew Borntreger
Badmovies.org
InformationGeek
Leader of the Friends' for Info
B-Movie Site Webmaster

Let's all be Friends.

« Reply #67 on: February 21, 2009, 12:27:03 PM »

I have a mostly-finished werewolf survival guide, and a roughed-out alien invasion survival guide.  Just need to get around to finishing them.

REALLY??!!  Buggedout  Awesome!  I can't wait to see it.  The werewolf guide should be good, I never even thought about those as a threat!

We live in quite an interesting age. You can tell someone's sexual orientation and level of education from just their interests.
CaptnTripps
Bad Movie Lover

« Reply #68 on: February 21, 2009, 09:04:34 PM »

Id have a shot at survival, as long as I was at work, or in a position to get to work I would have access to:
AR15 (modified M-16)
Riot Shotgun (Mossberg 590)
Glock 40 cal. and plenty of ammo for all.
Food
Water
Secure location
Tons of rooms
Communication via radio

still need a katana though  Wink

"Look at this! It bit me, i've been savaged"
oxode
Dedicated Viewer

« Reply #69 on: April 11, 2010, 09:44:18 AM »

Dear Puppet Master,
I followed Your tutorial with interest. I' m thinking along this lines for years and rigged up an emergency kit, that also covers Zombie situations.
For the protective cloth. I found two items that might be nearly ideal. The first is a so called Sharksuit. It is in fact a chainmailsuit, like the old knights used, covering the hole body, made from stainless steal. It protects, as prooven, against shark bites and is used by skubadivers. I don't think zombies can bite harder than sharks. So it might be good protection, even so it is quite heavy.
The second seems to me even more ideal. It's a protectifsuit for people working with chainsaws and similar devices. It looks like a normal worksuit, but has a Kevlar lining. It is light and stops prooven even a chainsaw, so I think zombies won't bite through and it also gives cover against the zombie saliva, witch seems to me be the most plausible source of infection. I will wear a motocross helmet with it gives cover for the complete head and has a brought visor. Further I placed signs "Living Human" on breast and back, to minimize the risk of being shot by another surviver.
An other Item I chose as well as tool as as weapon is a mountain- or climberspick. It is light, most parts are alloy, but You can use it very efficiently on obstacles and human crania. Oh, yes, You should ad a rope to Your equipment. It might come handy in fast exiting a building and a lot other things.
Allhallowsday
B-Movie Kraken

Either he's dead or my watch has stopped!

« Reply #70 on: April 11, 2010, 10:48:28 PM »

"Beat 'em or burn 'em. They go up pretty easy.  Beat 'em or burn 'em."

If you want to view paradise . . . simply look around and view it!
retrorussell
In the town of Valentine Bluffs, there are many ways to die. Take your pick.

Hanniger! I'll be waiting in HELL for you!

« Reply #71 on: April 12, 2010, 12:53:14 AM »

Sit on the roof. Zombies (unless provoked) are too lazy to look up Smile

Definitely on to something there.. Plus they'd lack the agility to climb up.  When I first saw Shaun Of The Dead, I was thinking that if there was a way onto the roof they should try to quickly scrounge some blankets, ammo and food and head up there.  In case zombies got up the stairs that takes them to the roof they should put something heavy over the top and block it off.

"O the legend they say, on a Valentine's Day, is a curse that'll live on and on.."
oxode
Dedicated Viewer

« Reply #72 on: April 16, 2010, 09:13:21 AM »

Id have a shot at survival, as long as I was at work, or in a position to get to work I would have access to:
AR15 (modified M-16)
Riot Shotgun (Mossberg 590)
Glock 40 cal. and plenty of ammo for all.
Food
Water
Secure location
Tons of rooms
Communication via radio

still need a katana though  Wink

You're a postal worker?
Jim H

« Reply #73 on: April 16, 2010, 02:19:14 PM »

The one thing I will say, which OP mentions, is the best gun for zombies is probably a 22 rifle.  It's reasonable accurate out to 100 yards, will penetrate a human skull at a decent distance, is very quiet and light, and you can easily carry like 10,000 rounds in a backpack.  Not to mention, it's an excellent round for foraging small game, like squirrel, rabbit, etc - if you're good with one, you can even take deer and other mid-sized game.

For portability, I might suggest something like this:

It's the Ruger 10/22, cut down to a pistol size.  Still has a 10" barrel, a built in bipod for stabilized shots, and is small enough to easily carry on your person with a sling or oversized holster.  You can also get 50 round magazines for it, which is nice.

That is the one funny thing about zombie survival stuff.  Most of what the zombie survival guys (there's a sizeable community - we have a group called the Zombie Squad here in St. Louis) look into or are prepared for translates pretty well into a far more likely government/social breakdown scenario..  So, there is some slight possibility of such prep actually being useful.  If nothing else, you'll get some good camping gear and weapons out of it.
oxode
Dedicated Viewer

« Reply #74 on: May 01, 2010, 04:56:22 AM »

You wont believe this!
I'm working for security at a chemical plant so it is totally naturally that I'm concerned with any kind of emergency plans and also naturally I'm concerned about a zombie outbreak at my plant. You see, chemical works are nearly endangered as secret military facilities. So I made a zombie alarm plan. It took me nearly a week, but was as far as I know, quite clever. I would concentrate the survivors in the lowest basement level of the parkinghouse. So that intervention troops can use radical weaponry, with little risk of collateral damages. Further this space would be easy to defend even with improvised arms.
But . . . believe it or not!
They laughed about it!
They even canceled my order for H&K MP5s, 10.000 rounds of ammo, bite protected suits and a load of K-rations!
But I tell You. Who will have the last laugh when I entrenched in my make shift bunker and they stand outside begging me to let 'em in? HA HA HA HA HA HA HA HA HA HA HA HA HA HA HA HA HA HA HA HA HA HA HA HA ! . . . . .
Pages: 1 ... 3 4 [5] 6
Badmovies.org Forum  |  Other Topics  |  Entertainment  |  How to Survive a Zombie Attack « previous next »
    Jump to:  

RSS Feed Subscribe Subscribe by RSS
    Email Subscribe Subscribe by Email

Popular Articles
    How To Find A Bad Movie

The Champions of Justice

Plan 9 from Outer Space

Manos, The Hands of Fate

Podcast: Todd the Convenience Store Clerk

Faster, Pussycat! Kill! Kill!

Dragonball: The Magic Begins

Cool As Ice

The Educational Archives: Driver's Ed

Godzilla vs. Monster Zero

Do you have a zombie plan?

FROM THE BADMOVIES.ORG ARCHIVES
    ImageThe Giant Claw - Slime drop

Earth is visited by a GIANT ANTIMATTER SPACE BUZZARD! Gawk at the amazingly bad bird puppet, or chuckle over the silly dialog. This is one of the greatest b-movies ever made.

Lesson Learned:
    • Osmosis: os·mo·sis (oz-mo'sis, os-) n., 1. When a bird eats something.

Subscribe to Badmovies.org and get updates by email:

HOME B-Movie Reviews Reader Reviews Forum Interviews TV Shows Advertising Information Sideshows Links Contact

Badmovies.org is owned and operated by Andrew Borntreger. All original content is © 1998 - 2014 by its respective author(s). Image, video, and audio files are used in accordance with the Fair Use Law, and are property of the film copyright holders. You may freely link to any page (.html or .php) on this website, but reproduction in any other form must be authorized by the copyright holder.