Bad Movie Logo
"A website to the detriment of good film"
Custom Search
HOMEB-MOVIE REVIEWSREADER REVIEWSFORUMINTERVIEWSUPDATESABOUT
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
March 19, 2024, 03:49:17 AM
712925 Posts in 53040 Topics by 7722 Members
Latest Member: GenevaBarr
Badmovies.org Forum  |  Movies  |  Good Movies  |  Things I learned from the movies..... « previous next »
Pages: 1 2 [3] 4
Author Topic: Things I learned from the movies.....  (Read 46375 times)
Menard
« Reply #30 on: March 07, 2007, 10:36:26 AM »

One thing I learnt that just occured to me recently, is that every good, funny, life-changing, hilarious or terrifying road trip involves someone dying...

BTW, good luck on your upcoming trip.
iggy9919
« Reply #31 on: March 08, 2007, 01:40:23 AM »

secret agents have the power to meet the hottest women, charm them within 30 seconds and have their clothes fall off shortly after

villians will ALWAYS capture the hero at some point in the movie, have the opportunity to kill them, but either launch into a detailed description of their plot, or come up with some complicated way to kill them, or both

gas tanks are made of papermache and any type of metal found near them creates sparks frequently.

the movie revolver contains 12-16 rounds, rather than the standard six and can be reloaded in under 5 seconds.

c-4 explosive can be ignited by flame and bullets, rather than an electrical charge as it was designed to be detonated by.

ulthar
Frightening Fanatic of Horrible Cinema

I AM serious, and stop calling me Shirley

« Reply #32 on: March 08, 2007, 09:00:14 AM »

c-4 explosive can be ignited by flame and bullets, rather than an electrical charge as it was designed to be detonated by.

Uh, been watching too many movies?  C4 is not detonated by electrical discharge.

------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Professor Hathaway:  I noticed you stopped stuttering.
Bodie:      I've been giving myself shock treatments.
Professor Hathaway: Up the voltage.

--Real Genius
iggy9919
« Reply #33 on: March 08, 2007, 03:47:22 PM »

i knew someone would have that to say.

ok, i read a couple posts that say it can be.  and we know it can be ignited with a blasting cap right?

anyway, my main point was i know fire and bullets for damn sure shouldnt set it off.

Menard
« Reply #34 on: March 08, 2007, 04:01:59 PM »

anyway, my main point was i know fire and bullets for damn sure shouldnt set it off.

You are going to hate this.

The world of bad mistakes with improvised munitions is filled with stories of 'accidents' with something which should not have set it off.

One guy put his semtex paste into an oven because it had too much moisture; he later remodeled his kitchen.

Another guy was trying to knead the plastique, but it was too stiff, so he used a hammer. They call him 'lefty' today.

There are two things which secondary explosive are sensitive to: shock (impact), and heat. A blasting cap produces both, but either one in the right proportion can set off a secondary explosive.
ulthar

« Reply #35 on: March 08, 2007, 05:06:28 PM »

As Menard said (oh man, I am AGREEING with MENARD  Buggedout  ), yes, either can cause a secondary hi ex to detonate.  If you doubt that fire can cause a detonation, check out the Texas City disaster that happened in 1947.  Or more recently, the ammonium perchlorate plant that exploded in Utah a few years back.  Both were true detonations initiated by fire.  RDX is not immune.

As a matter of fact, I've got a copy of "Numerical Modeling of Explosives and Propellants" around here somewhere.  It contains pretty much a WHOLE CHAPTER on heat initiation.  To answer the other issue, there's also a whole section on impact initiation (such as by a bullet).  Hope this helps.

------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

--Real Genius
Menard
« Reply #36 on: March 08, 2007, 05:23:52 PM »

As Menard said (oh man, I am AGREEING with MENARD  Buggedout  )

Makes ya feel good, don't it. TongueOut

I've got a copy of "Numerical Modeling of Explosives and Propellants" around here somewhere.

Really makes one wonder about you; among other things. TeddyR
iggy9919
« Reply #37 on: March 08, 2007, 05:54:01 PM »

ok, i give up with the c-4.

have worked with ammunition, not explosives, so i must defer to others.  please delete that last line from my original post.

dammit!!!
CheezeFlixz

Pathetic Earthlings

« Reply #38 on: March 09, 2007, 02:04:02 AM »

OFF TOPIC BRIEFLY as to the glories of Medieval Tooth Decay ...

Twelve skeletal samples, previously published, from the Arabian Gulf have been used to trace differences in diet and subsistence patterns through an analysis of dental pathology. The skeletons date from 3,000 BC to AD 1,500 and cover a variety of geographical locations: off-shore islands, Eastern Arabia, and Oman. The dental conditions analyzed are attrition, caries, calculus, abscessing, and antemortem tooth loss (AMTL). Results indicate four basic patterns of dental disease which, while not mutually exclusive, correspond to four basic subsistence patterns. Marine dependency, represented by the Ras el-Hamra population, is indicated by severe attrition, low caries rates, wear-caused abscessing, and a lack of AMTL. The second group of dental diseases--moderate attrition and calculus, low rates of caries, wear-caused abscessing, and low-moderate rates of AMTL--affects populations subsisting on a mixture of pastoralism or fishing and agriculture (Failaka, Umm an-Nar, Bronze Age Maysar, Bronze Age Shimal, and Iron Age Galilah). Mixed farming populations (Iron Age Maysar and Islamic Bahrain) experienced low-moderate attrition, high rates of caries and calculus, abscessing due to caries, and severe AMTL. The final group of dental diseases affects populations practicing intensive gardening (Bronze and Iron Age Bahrain, and Sites 3 and 5, Ras al-Khaimah). These groups experienced slight attrition, high rates of caries, low rates of calculus deposition, and severe AMTL.

Ref: Australian National University, Canberra

So there it is and for things I learned from movies ...

The hero can be shot multiple time in vital areas and survive, they can also be beaten with any heavy object and escape nearly unfettered. With proper motivation you can continue to fight with a 12" Bowie Knife puncturing your lung and/or heart.
You always get laid on the first date.

JPickettIII
A BAD MOVIE IS A TERRIBLE THING TO WASTE!
Bad Movie Lover

HELP! WE ARE STUCK IN A GOOD MOVIE!!!

« Reply #39 on: March 09, 2007, 02:00:24 PM »

The two most important things that I have learned from movies are:

1. Cops can go around killing bad guys with out blinking an eye or becoming depressed and no internal investigations.

2. Civilians that have a little bit of information about the possible monster, criminal, ghost or what-ever we be asked to come along on a military search and destroy mission or police man hunt.

Oh yeah,

3. The cops and or military seem to have the biggest and baddest weaponary on the spot.

Just my 2 pennies.

John

\\\\\\\"Freedom is not free\"\\\\\\ or ///\"Where ever you go, there you are!\"///
Him
Bad Movie Lover

« Reply #40 on: March 12, 2007, 03:49:54 PM »

On an alien planet, the punishment for any crime is death.
T-Rex Television
Dedicated Viewer

I Am The Walrus!!

« Reply #41 on: March 14, 2007, 05:09:08 PM »

As long as you wear a black leather jacket, you will never get badly hurt. By fire, cuts, rugburn, whips, etc.

"Be still my dog of war, I understand your pain. We have all lost someone we love..."

ulthar

« Reply #42 on: March 14, 2007, 06:02:01 PM »

Many cars and motorcycles have forty gears.

--Real Genius
JaseSF
Super Space Age Freaky Geek
B-Movie Kraken

Soon, your brain will turn to jelly.

« Reply #43 on: March 14, 2007, 06:02:25 PM »

Most often if you're the main hero in a Kung Fu film, you cannot lose a fight no many how many villains are waiting in the wings to ambush you.  BounceGiggle

"This above all: To thine own self be true!"
LilCerberus
A Very Bad Person, overweight bald guy with a missing tooth, and

Quis custodiet ipsos custodes?

« Reply #44 on: March 21, 2007, 12:24:36 AM »

Any shotgun with a 16" barrel, using bird shot, is pinpoint accurate within, well, any range.

"Science Fiction & Nostalgia have become the same thing!" - T Bone Burnett
The world runs off money, even for those with a warped sense of what the world is.
Pages: 1 2 [3] 4
Badmovies.org Forum  |  Movies  |  Good Movies  |  Things I learned from the movies..... « previous next »
    Jump to:  

RSS Feed Subscribe Subscribe by RSS
    Email Subscribe Subscribe by Email

Popular Articles
    How To Find A Bad Movie

The Champions of Justice

Plan 9 from Outer Space

Manos, The Hands of Fate

Podcast: Todd the Convenience Store Clerk

Faster, Pussycat! Kill! Kill!

Dragonball: The Magic Begins

Cool As Ice

The Educational Archives: Driver's Ed

Godzilla vs. Monster Zero

Do you have a zombie plan?

FROM THE BADMOVIES.ORG ARCHIVES
    ImageThe Giant Claw - Slime drop

Earth is visited by a GIANT ANTIMATTER SPACE BUZZARD! Gawk at the amazingly bad bird puppet, or chuckle over the silly dialog. This is one of the greatest b-movies ever made.

Lesson Learned:
    • Osmosis: os·mo·sis (oz-mo'sis, os-) n., 1. When a bird eats something.

Subscribe to Badmovies.org and get updates by email:

HOME B-Movie Reviews Reader Reviews Forum Interviews TV Shows Advertising Information Sideshows Links Contact

Badmovies.org is owned and operated by Andrew Borntreger. All original content is © 1998 - 2014 by its respective author(s). Image, video, and audio files are used in accordance with the Fair Use Law, and are property of the film copyright holders. You may freely link to any page (.html or .php) on this website, but reproduction in any other form must be authorized by the copyright holder.