Bad Movie Logo
"A website to the detriment of good film"
Custom Search
HOMEB-MOVIE REVIEWSREADER REVIEWSFORUMINTERVIEWSUPDATESABOUT
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
March 28, 2024, 11:32:15 AM
713349 Posts in 53056 Topics by 7725 Members
Latest Member: wibwao
Badmovies.org Forum  |  Movies  |  Bad Movies  |  VHS tapes that will never be on DVD... « previous next »
Pages: 1 ... 12 13 [14]
Author Topic: VHS tapes that will never be on DVD...  (Read 105350 times)
Pilgermann
Frightening Fanatic of Horrible Cinema

« Reply #195 on: February 21, 2011, 08:19:45 PM »

A tape I just bought'll probably have a tough time of seeing the digital light:

I don't remember too much about the plot other than it's a revenge tale, but here're some quotes regarding the director that are from an IMDB review from a guy that worked on the film:

Tom was a chain-smoking alcoholic, and this affected both his health, energy level, and his judgment in "directing" his films.

Three of us (Schmidt, myself, and D.P. Jon Henry Schmeer) effectively directed various sequences of the film when Shaw wasn't looking or was sleeping.

Yes, the film has lots of bizarre moments, and continuity problems, mostly due to Tom's lack of planning, poor staging, and usually non-existent direction...

The review also mentions that there's a small fan club for this film in Scotland, and that they're trying to get a DVD release (the soundtrack got a CD release that's available on cdbaby.com).  I'm looking forward to watching it!

claws
« Reply #196 on: February 22, 2011, 12:02:52 AM »

Thanks for the flashback. I've never seen The Courier of Death but I was well aware of its existence as there was a copy in the Action section of our video rental place. Considering all the junk I rented I don't know why I never watched The Courier of Death.
If that DVD should ever happen I'll try to track down a copy for sure.
arcadeaction
Dedicated Viewer

« Reply #197 on: February 28, 2011, 02:53:07 PM »

For the record I'd like to add "The Caller" from 1987, directed by Arthur Allan Seidelman.
Apparently I am not the only who noticed this, as one of the plot keywords in IMDB is "Not on DVD".

I really hope it will be available one day, it's rather "unique" and very enjoyable. Once I hit the 10-post limit, I'll be able to post a link to my review of this movie ;)
The Burgomaster
Aggravating People Worldwide Since 1964

« Reply #198 on: March 01, 2011, 02:31:40 PM »

Some others I'd like to see:

Madhouse

The Quatermass Xperiment

If you mean the Vincent Price MADHOUSE, I have it in an MGM VP box set---not sure if its available separately.

I have it on a Midnite Movies double feature with THEATRE OF BLOOD.

"Do not walk behind me, for I may not lead. Do not walk ahead of me, for I may not follow. Do not walk beside me either. Just pretty much leave me the hell alone."
66Crush
« Reply #199 on: March 01, 2011, 05:57:34 PM »

The problem with some movies and shows are that the master prints are in such bad shape they can't be restored. I've got a 70's cartoon compilation and there is a disclaimer on it that says they tried to restore it as close to possible to the original broadcast but that some of the source material was either damaged or missing and had to be edited. I've seen cheap transfers on budget DVD's that were so bad they just shouldn't have bothered releasing it. Old kung fu movies are the worst for this. Sadly other countries in Europe and Asia didn't do a very good job archiving their old films.
316zombie
« Reply #200 on: March 06, 2011, 05:21:52 PM »

i've got 2 that i'd probably kill to get on dvd!
paperhouse&shock!shock!shock!
the first is a truly GOOD movie,but the other one fits in here for total garbage,lol! Cheers
claws
« Reply #201 on: March 06, 2011, 11:48:23 PM »

I own the German Paperhouse DVD which was released seven years ago. Gorgeous 16x9 Widescreen transfer with English audio. There is a DVD release from the UK as well.

voltron

« Reply #202 on: March 09, 2011, 07:06:24 PM »

How about....
Straight Jacket (aka Dark Sanity) (1982)
Icy Death (aka Death Dimension) (1978)

I seriously can't beleive, as mentioned before, that Hospital Massacre (1982) isn't on DVD yet (are you listening, Code Red?). I absolutely LOVED this one since I saw it around the time of it's release on VHS.

"Nothin' out there but God's little creatures - more scared of you than you are of them"  - Warren, "Just Before Dawn"
Rev. Powell
Global Moderator
B-Movie Kraken

Click on that globe for 366 Weird Movies

« Reply #203 on: March 09, 2011, 07:10:22 PM »

I'm thinking my latest review, THE PEANUT BUTTER SOLUTION, will never be on DVD.  Total unfounded speculation on my part, but I imagine the holdup is that there are two pre-fame Celine Dion numbers on there.  I imagine her camp wants a fortune to license them for DVD.  It's really too bad, it would be a much better movie if they took her songs out.

I'll take you places the hand of man has not yet set foot...
ghouck

Afro-Mullets RULE!

« Reply #204 on: March 09, 2011, 09:57:12 PM »

Rad - False advertising courtesy of Hal (Cannonball Run) Needham.

MegaForce - see above.

Body Slam - ditto.

What's false advertising thing you're talking about?

Raw bacon is GREAT! It's like regular bacon, only faster, and it doesn't burn the roof of your mouth!

Happiness is green text in the "Stuff To Watch For" section.

James James: The man so nice, they named him twice.

"Aw man, this thong is chafing my balls" -Lloyd Kaufman in Poultrygeist.

"There's always time for lubricant" -Orlando Jones in Evolution
Pages: 1 ... 12 13 [14]
Badmovies.org Forum  |  Movies  |  Bad Movies  |  VHS tapes that will never be on DVD... « previous next »
    Jump to:  

RSS Feed Subscribe Subscribe by RSS
    Email Subscribe Subscribe by Email

Popular Articles
    How To Find A Bad Movie

The Champions of Justice

Plan 9 from Outer Space

Manos, The Hands of Fate

Podcast: Todd the Convenience Store Clerk

Faster, Pussycat! Kill! Kill!

Dragonball: The Magic Begins

Cool As Ice

The Educational Archives: Driver's Ed

Godzilla vs. Monster Zero

Do you have a zombie plan?

FROM THE BADMOVIES.ORG ARCHIVES
    ImageThe Giant Claw - Slime drop

Earth is visited by a GIANT ANTIMATTER SPACE BUZZARD! Gawk at the amazingly bad bird puppet, or chuckle over the silly dialog. This is one of the greatest b-movies ever made.

Lesson Learned:
    • Osmosis: os·mo·sis (oz-mo'sis, os-) n., 1. When a bird eats something.

Subscribe to Badmovies.org and get updates by email:

HOME B-Movie Reviews Reader Reviews Forum Interviews TV Shows Advertising Information Sideshows Links Contact

Badmovies.org is owned and operated by Andrew Borntreger. All original content is © 1998 - 2014 by its respective author(s). Image, video, and audio files are used in accordance with the Fair Use Law, and are property of the film copyright holders. You may freely link to any page (.html or .php) on this website, but reproduction in any other form must be authorized by the copyright holder.