Main Menu

Things on sale you wanted as a kid but never got?

Started by Trevor, July 07, 2024, 07:26:11 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Trevor

For me, I always wanted a Chopper bicycle and one of those huge "ghettoblaster" tape / radio combos 😊😊🐢
We shall meet in the place where there is no darkness.

Alex

The very first thing I can recall wanting was all the Mr Men books. I had a small collection of maybe half a dozen. Funnily enough Ash has all of them (I was in a bookshop and they happened to have a complete boxed set for £5).

Slightly older I moved on to wanting a complete collection of Star Wars action figures. I am somewhere around 95% of the old Kenner/Parker ones and the few remaining I don't care to pay the going price for.

My final childhood collection was Fighting Fantasy game books. I didn't want all of them, but I do have something like the first 20.

Stuff that I wanted that I never managed to get any of when I was a kid includes the older Dungeons & Dragons rules (what is called the Red Box set). I used to see various sweets from the US advertised in Marvel and DC comics and what to try them (I did get to try them when I first went over to see Kristi and they all tasted awful. Jolly Ranchers and Twinkies spring most immediately to mind), a boardgame called Ghost Castle. Things like that.
I'll show you ruin
I'll show you heartbreak
I'll show you lonely
A sorrow in darkness

claws

Looking back, I can't think of anything I really wanted and didn't get. I was spoiled as a child, but I never had outlandish requests either.
Is it October yet?

RCMerchant

Quote from: Trevor on July 07, 2024, 07:26:11 AMone of those huge "ghettoblaster" tape / radio combos 😊😊🐢

I got one. With a Godzilla sticker on it! Still works! I bought it at a yard sale in 2010. I put the Godzilla sticker on it.
Supernatural?...perhaps. Baloney?...Perhaps not!" Bela Lugosi-the BLACK CAT (1934)
Interviewer-"Does Dracula ever end for you?
Lugosi-"No. Dracula-never ends."
Slobber, Drool, Drip!
https://www.tumblr.com/ronmerchant

Trevor

Quote from: RCMerchant on July 07, 2024, 10:09:46 AM
Quote from: Trevor on July 07, 2024, 07:26:11 AMone of those huge "ghettoblaster" tape / radio combos 😊😊🐢

I got one. With a Godzilla sticker on it! Still works! I bought it at a yard sale in 2010. I put the Godzilla sticker on it.

😊😊🙏🙏😊😊🐢
We shall meet in the place where there is no darkness.